** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting I am going to play one more 4 pts Colorado Rockies (-1.5) to beat Chicago Cubs 2.50 Stan James 2 pts Colorado Rockies (-4.5) to beat Chicago Cubs 6.75 bet365 Now, I am aware the sample size is small and the opponents fairly different, but the Rockies have scored 20 runs opening the season 3-0 while the Cubs have mustered 2 splitting two games with St Louis. Travis Wood was poor last year coming off a decent year the previous year, he compiled an ERA over 5 in his two starts against the injury riddled Rockies, when healthy as they are now this team can score and as long as Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez remain in the lineup they can score runs in bunches and have done so in their series in Milwaukee, now they come home for the opener with youngster Tyler Matzek on the hill. He had a rough start last year arriving in the majors earlier than planned due to the multitude of injuries suffered by the Rockies pitching staff and was shelled, he did however improve throughout the season, learned some lessons and finished strong. If he continues to progress then he could well be more than a serviceable starter and I would rather take a chance on the youngster than trust Travis Wood at altitude and his 4.11 career ERA over 4 seasons split between the Reds and Cubs. If the bats of the Cubs continue to struggle - Kris Bryant's shadow? - then this could be a blowout

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting So many I like tonight, I'm currently working on cutting them down and taking it easy this early. I do want to take the Blue Jays however, only just noticed they're starting at 8:05 UK time, I'd assume it was US time Blue Jays (ml) to bt Orioles 5pts @ 1.95 Bet365 Quickly, Norris had a very poor spring, though spring baseball isn't to be relied upon, he needs to bounce back quickly if he's going to get paid at the end of this contract year. He dishes up HRs though, and this Blue Jays offense has the players to capitalise on any opportunities he leaves high. Baltimore lost some important pieces in the off-season, and I think Toronto should be favourites for this match-up, not slight dogs

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting

Twins/Tigers - no Home Run - 2pts @ 3/1 Bet365 White Sox (ml) to bt Royals - 4.5pts @ 2.25 Boylesports White Sox (-2.5) to bt Royals - 1.5pts @ 4.10 Bet365
4-12-0 Staked 49pts Returned 37.50pts P/L -11.50pts Taking 2 of the Daily Doubles Dan discovered on Paddy... Joe Mauer to hit HR and Twins to bt White Sox - 1pt @ 12/1 Troy Tulowitzki to hit HR and Rockies to bt Cubs - 1pt @ 9/1 Noesi is pitching for the Sox and he has a penchant for leaving them high - he gave up the most HRs of any AL pitcher last year. Mauer has at least 1 HR at US Cellular Field in 4 of the last 6 seasons. Having Tulo fit is a major boone for the Rockies' offensive hopes this season, and back in the Colorado air in a game I expect the home side to win, 9/1 for him to go long seems a very good price.

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting final play of the night 4 pts Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat Philadelphia Phillies 2.10 Skybet 2 pts Washington Nationals (-3.5) to beat Philadelphia Phillies 4.10 bet365 I cannot take Jerome Williams seriously as a starter in the majors. Teams dont release you if you are a good starter and Houston and Texas two of the poorer teams in baseball both waived Williams last season alone. He carries a career ERA of 4.40 and over the past 3 seasons has a 6.35 ERA against these Nationals. The Phillies will continue to struggle putting runs on the board all year and Gio Gonzalez has enough of a history to suggest a rebound season after struggling with location of his pitches and injuries last year led to a poor overall season. The Nats have enough players that are competent of better at the plate that they will surely score some runs tonight and even up at 2-2 for the year

Blue Jays (ml) to bt Orioles 5pts @ 1.95 Bet365
Joe Mauer to hit HR and Twins to bt White Sox - 1pt @ 12/1 Troy Tulowitzki to hit HR and Rockies to bt Cubs - 1pt @ 9/1
Twins and Rockies both won, and both Mauer and Tulo contributed RBIs. Neither managed to find the long shot though. 5-14-0 Staked 56pts Returned 47.25pts P/L -8.75pts Pirates/Brewers - Over 8.5 runs - 4pts @ 2.15 Bet365 It looks like a good recipe for runs when the ingredients include a pair of pitchers against whom batters on the other teams have good records. In particular, McCutcheon has 4 HRs in just 14 ABs against Fiers, whilst on the opposite side Lucroy has had little trouble getting on base when facing Jeff Locke - reaching base 10 times in 17 ABs.

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Royals/Angels - Extra Innings YES - 1pt @ 8.00 Ladbrokes Two sides who have begun the season well - Royals swept the White Sox whilst the Angels took 2 of the 3 from the Mariners, only failing to King Felix in the opener. Two sides who are fielding pitchers with incredibly similar performances last season - Royals' Vargas compiling a 3.71 ERA, whilst Angels' Santiago put together a 3.75 ERA. Two sides who met twice in this ballpark during the ALDS in October and both meetings went to extra innings. Couple later ones I wanted to be on, but ultimately think the lines are spot on so will be sensible and save myself :eyes

4 pts Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat Philadelphia Phillies 2.10 Skybet:( 2 pts Washington Nationals (-3.5) to beat Philadelphia Phillies 4.10 bet365 :(
I am going to play one more 4 pts Colorado Rockies (-1.5) to beat Chicago Cubs 2.50 Stan James:) 2 pts Colorado Rockies (-4.5) to beat Chicago Cubs 6.75 bet365:(
5 pts Detroit Tigers to beat Cleveland Indians 2.05 Coral:) 2 pts Detroit Tigers (-1.5) to beat Cleveland Indians 2.80 Bet365:) 1 pts Detroit Tigers (-3.5) to beat Cleveland Indians 5.50 Bet365:)
6 pts Texas Rangers to beat Houston Astros 2.00 Bet365:( 3 pts Texas Rangers (-1.5) to beat Houston Astros 3.15 Bet365:(
Will update figures later as am at work. Being greedy would have loved anothe colorado run, being brutally honest was lucky to win a bean on that game as Matzek was AWFUL 12-18 total staked 86 pts total returns 88.70 pts profit +2.70 pts

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 3 pts Boston Red Sox to beat New York Yankees 1.95 Paddy Power These teams played a 19 inning marathon last night and with a quick turnaround will play this afternoon with gassed bullpens. This is almost gping to be a war of attrition where the starters must stay in the game. Both starters are relatively young Joe Kelly for Boston is vastly more experienced. Adam Warren is a career reliever for the couple of seasons he has spent in the majors and in 3 starts that he has had has never made it past the 5th. The Yanks will need more today from him. Joe Kelly won both his starts against New York after being traded from st louis last season. His season was interrupted by injury last year but the season before he showed some promise for the cardinals and on that basis i shall back the Red Sox in this one

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 1 pts St Louis Cardinals to beat Cincinnati Reds 2-1 21.00 1 pts Cincinnati Reds to beat St Louis Cardinals 2-1 15.00 4 pts Total runs Under 6.5 2.00 Skybet Bkth starters Cueto and Wacha have good records against their opponents and it is a reasonable assumption to expect this to be a tight low scoring affair when its handed over to the respective pens late in the game. The main eliance is on Wacha being back to health and performing as I dont think st louis has the leagues most dynamic offense

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 5 pts Detroit Tigers to beat Cleveland Indians 1.91 Ladbrokes This is a sensational price in a matchup of the reigning AL league Cy Young award winner in Corey Kluber and a former winner in David Price. Kluber may have been sensational last season, but he didnt fare well against Detroit, in fact his last defeat was against the Tigers with Price in opposition. Kluber is 2-5 in 10 starts the last 3 seasons against the Tigers with a 4.57 ERA and went 1-2 with a 4.26 ERA in 4 starts last season. The Tigers have been rolling offensively this season and Price, victor twice against the Tribe last season can keep the Indians in check again while the offense powers Detroit to 5-0

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting too many I like today!!! 3 pts Oakland Athletics (-1.5) to beat Seattle Mariners 2.60 Coral Sonny Gray is really good and the A's have started strong scoring runs and not allowing many. Gray was outstanding on opening day and comes into the matchup 4-1 for his 7 start career against Seattle. JA Happ will take the hill for the Mariners in opposition and he is inconsistent, as exhibited this spring. He has experienced a measure of success against Oakland, but his career ERA of 4.24 tells its own story and I want to take the Athletics who have looked a superior team both offensively and on the hill at this early stage of the season There is probably at least one more play.......if i can actually pluck up the courage to put my hard earned down on a bet that will make me gag

Pirates/Brewers - Over 8.5 runs - 4pts @ 2.15 Bet365
6-2 of course :eyes
Royals/Angels - Extra Innings YES - 1pt @ 8.00 Ladbrokes
5-16-0 Staked 61pts Returned 47.25pts P/L -13.75pts Athletics (-1.5) to bt Mariners - 5pts @ 2.55 Bet365 Athletics (-2.5) to bt Mariners - 2pts @ 3.65 Bet365 Athletics (-4.5) to bt Mariners - 1pt @ 7.75 Bet365 Oakland are my main fancies for tonight with Sonny Gray looking to build on a rock solid quality start on Opening Day, against a Mariners team whose offensive deficiencies show no sign of abating so far.

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Nationals/Phillies - Under 6.5 runs Tigers (ml to bt Indians) 4pt double @ 3.49 Bet365 Fister and Hamels can dominate with strong performances in this clash. The Nats so far, with their injuries, don't have anywhere approaching the offense that the Red Sox, who hurt Hamels on Opening Day, did. Whilst the Tigers' offense has been clicking so far, and their ability to put runs on the board can prove the difference in a clash of aces

1 pts St Louis Cardinals to beat Cincinnati Reds 2-1 21.00 1 pts Cincinnati Reds to beat St Louis Cardinals 2-1 15.00 4 pts Total runs Under 6.5 2.00 Skybet Bkth starters Cueto and Wacha have good records against their opponents and it is a reasonable assumption to expect this to be a tight low scoring affair when its handed over to the respective pens late in the game. The main eliance is on Wacha being back to health and performing as I dont think st louis has the leagues most dynamic offense
Damned unlucky Dan!! :clap

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Last one for tonight Kershaw 9 Ks & Dodgers to bt Dbacks - 4pts @ 2.88 Paddy Kershaw reach the 9 mark on Opening Day in a game where he didn't have his best stuff, giving up 3 ERs, 6 hits and 2 walks through 6 innings. With the fanfare of opening day out the way, the appearance under his belt, and being on the other side of a necessary dental procedure, it's reasonable to expect him to be that bit better tonight. That should see him go maybe as deep as 7 innings before turning it over to the pen, which would give him increased chance of reaching the 9 x K mark.

3 pts Oakland Athletics (-1.5) to beat Seattle Mariners 2.60 Coral :(
5 pts Detroit Tigers to beat Cleveland Indians 1.91 Ladbrokes:)
1 pts St Louis Cardinals to beat Cincinnati Reds 2-1 21.00 :( 1 pts Cincinnati Reds to beat St Louis Cardinals 2-1 15.00 :( 4 pts Total runs Under 6.5 2.00 Skybet:)
3 pts Boston Red Sox to beat New York Yankees 1.95 Paddy Power :)
Will just keep updating this page with results as they hit 14-21 Total staked 103 pts total returns 112.10pts profit +9.10 pts There will be nothing else from me tonight. Was going to play the pirates. But the absence of McCutcheon gives me an out to avoid betting when vance worley is pitching!!!! :D

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 4 pts Washington Nationals (-2.5) to beat Philadelphia Phillies 2.65 Bet365 2 pts Washington Nationals (-4.5) to beat Philadelphia Phillies 5.25 bet365 So. The Nationals. This team has to score some runs and cash a bet for me at some point soon! Max Scherzer was really good in defeat due to a couple of errors by shortstop Ian Desmond on opening night and I have to believe that Philadelphia will struggle to get much on the board if the Nats play even competent defense in the field today. Sean O'Sullivan is simply put not good. His career ERA of 5.91 is terrible, he spent most of last season out of the majors posting a below par 4.41 ERA at the triple A level. If the Nats cant put some runs up today I question if they can.

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 4 pts Chicago White Sox (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.55 Coral Chris Sale makes his first start of the season for the Sox tonight against a team he is used to having success against (6-1 2.45 ERA in 16 games) and the Sox bats finally found their range last night in their first win of the season actually scoring 5 runs!!! That would be plenty with Sale on the hill. Phil Hughes has a fairly decent record against Chicago with an ERA a shade below 3 in 16 games and a 4-3 record. There are not many pitchers who can outduel Sale and I think the price is worth betting Hughes continues to struggle like he did first time up against the Tigers. Will look at the later games later and may be back good luck all playing tonight

Athletics (-1.5) to bt Mariners - 5pts @ 2.55 Bet365 Athletics (-2.5) to bt Mariners - 2pts @ 3.65 Bet365 Athletics (-4.5) to bt Mariners - 1pt @ 7.75 Bet365.
Poor play calling, and poor officiating, deep in the latter innings proved highly costly for us in Oakland
Nationals/Phillies - Under 6.5 runs Tigers (ml to bt Indians) 4pt double @ 3.49 Bet365
Kershaw 9 Ks & Dodgers to bt Dbacks - 4pts @ 2.88 Paddy
Don't be mystified by Kershaw's less than stellar start to the season... I can explain!! I drafted him in my fantasy team - I've cursed him!! 6-18-0 Staked 77pts Returned 61.21pts P/L -15.79pts Tigers Over 8.5 Hits v Indians - 6pts @ 1.83 Bet365 TJ House may not allow many HRs due to his hig % groundball rate (over 60), but he does allow hits and runners, and the Tigers have generated offense so far this season - 14, 18, 10, 15, 10 are their hit totals so far this season - and I'd fully expect them to keep that double figure run up against House tonight. Marlins (-1.5) to bt Rays - 4pts @ 2.45 Bet365 I'll probably oppose Karns until he shows a modicum of getting things together. He was tagged for 6 ERs in 5.2 inns and issued 4 walks on his first start of the season - a defeat to the Orioles. Meanwhile Alvarez was hit with the L in a 1-2 defeat to Atlanta, but pitched 7 strong innings and gave no free walks to the Braves. White Sox (-1.5) to bt Twins - 4pts @ 2.55 White Sox (-2.5) to bt Twins - 2pts @ 3.65 The White Sox showed some heart last night, having started 0-4, when they fell behind to a quick 0-4 hole before recovering and coming away with their first W of the season. With that monkey off their back, and Chris Sale back fit (fit enough for 90-95 pitches anyway) I'm looking at this game as the perfect opportunity for the Southsiders to build on their win and use their elite pitcher as a solid foundation for a comfortable win. Nationals (ml), Mariners (ml) & Red Sox (ml) - 2pt treble @ 4.73 Bet365 Really just trying to use my expected wins for aces Scherzer and Hernandez to boost the price for Red Sox to complete the sweep at Mankee Stadium in the late game tonight. Tanaka's opening day performance done nothing to dispel the worries over his chances to return to anything resembling his pre-injury form, having not went under the knife to sort it. One of Tanaka's 2 games back post-injury break last season was against the Red Sox, and he didn't last 2 innings, getting tagged 5 ERs, 7 hits, and issuing 2 walks. I'm no Buchholz fan, but he was switched on on Opening Day, and this NYY offense is nowhere near as intimidating as has been the case in the past. A shutout performance against the Phillies is tough to trust going forward, but he can stifle a substandard NYY side to start the season 2-0 before things get tougher I'll leave the Cubbies to Dan ;)

I'll leave the Cubbies to Dan ;)
Whatever do you mean? ;) 3 pts San Diego Padres (-1.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 2.75 William Hill Jake Peavy returns "home" to Petco Park, the scene of his best years as a staring pitcher in MLB, including one Cy Young award winning season to make his first start this season. Originally slated to start earlier in the rotation, the injury prone Peavy has been suffering with back pain and put his start back until today for the offensively challenged Giants. The Giants are struggling at the plate, they have only brought 3 runs home in the two games against San Diego so far this series, meanwhile the Padres have found their feet and shelled the reigning World Series MVP Madison Bumgarner for 5 earned runs in 3 innings last night. Tyson Ross will pitch for the friars and is excellent at home, 5-0 1.12 his last six home starts. It doesnt look good for San Diego tonight, especially if Peavy's back is still not 100% 5 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-1.5) to beat Arizona Diamond backs 2.15 Paddy Power 2 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-4.5) to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 5.75 Bet365 I have every faith in Zach Greinke, who has a 5-0 record against Arizona and a 1.59 ERA over the last two seasons, the Dodgers bats (bar Adrian Gonzalez) are due to wake up and Josh Collmenter could be just the tonic. Collmenter gave up 4 runs in less than 5 innings to the previously mentioned offensively challenged Giants in the opener and he carries a career ERA over 6 in his 7 starts against these Dodgers. If these trends continue we can expect a fairly comfortable Dodgers victory tonight

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting go on then!!! :D 4 pts Chicago Cubs to beat Colorado Rockies 1.83 Paddy Power 2 pts Chicago Cubs (-2.5) to beat Colorado Rockies 3.15 Bet365 1 pts Chicago Cubs (-5.5) to beat Colorado Rockies 8.25 Bet365 Kyle Hendricks made us a lot of money last year. Now I will be honest, I wasnt expecting him to be favourite here, taking into account the Rockies strong start and that Lyles is pitching. That being said, we have every right to back the Cubs and our boy Kyle Hendricks in this one. Jordan Lyles did not finish strong last season, particularly in Coors Field, which at altitude s a tricky park to pitch in, he had a 6.94 ERA his last 7 at home. Hendricks pitched at Coors once last year and allowed one run in 8 innings - his longest outing of the year. The Rockies can score, this we know and this lineup is healthier and better than the one Kyle Hendricks pitched against when he was last here, we have to trust he will come back and pitch as well as he did last year - the comments from Joe Maddon his manager suggest confidence, and the Cubs should also score, this lineup will strike out lots but when they connect the ball will fly and the altitude will help against a pitcher with a habit of allowing the big inning. All hail Kyle!!

4 pts Chicago Cubs to beat Colorado Rockies 1.83 Paddy Power:) 2 pts Chicago Cubs (-2.5) to beat Colorado Rockies 3.15 Bet365:( 1 pts Chicago Cubs (-5.5) to beat Colorado Rockies 8.25 Bet365:(
3 pts San Diego Padres (-1.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 2.75 William Hill :) 5 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-1.5) to beat Arizona Diamond backs 2.15 Paddy Power:) 2 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-4.5) to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 5.75 Bet365:(
4 pts Chicago White Sox (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.55 Coral:)
4 pts Washington Nationals (-2.5) to beat Philadelphia Phillies 2.65 Bet365:( 2 pts Washington Nationals (-4.5) to beat Philadelphia Phillies 5.25 bet365:(
18-26 Total staked 130 pts total returns 148.52pts profit +18.52 pts I would have preferred there to be no 9 inning runs than to win on the cubs and lose on the dodgers -4.5 but still a solid nights performance and I would have taken that for week one in a flash as April and early May are often the toughest months to read at this game. Am going to join Pete now 4 pts Boston Red Sox to beat New York Yankees 1.95 Paddy Power I am much more confident based on first game performance in Clay Bucholz, I believe that there is a strong likelihood that both pitchers repeat that performance level with Bucholz against the creaking Yankees lineup and Tanaka against a Boston offense that has been seeing the ball well. Clay Bucholz was pretty poor last season overall including against these Yankees but I am willing to bet his resurgence continues as I cannot possibly trust Masahiro Tanaka and his dodgy elbow until he shows he can return to last seasons level of pitching which on all current evidence he cannot and he faces a lineup capable of punishing him here and a team that has arguably given him more struggles than most as he has a losing record at 1-2 and a 4.50 ERA against Boston in 3 starts last year. Play the Sox

Tigers Over 8.5 Hits v Indians - 6pts @ 1.83 Bet365 Marlins (-1.5) to bt Rays - 4pts @ 2.45 Bet365 White Sox (-1.5) to bt Twins - 4pts @ 2.55 White Sox (-2.5) to bt Twins - 2pts @ 3.65 Nationals (ml), Mariners (ml) & Red Sox (ml) - 2pt treble @ 4.73 Bet365
9-20-0 Staked 95pts Returned 89.71pts P/L -5.29pts

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 4 pts Under 7 total runs Philadelphia Phillies @ New York Mets 1.80 Bet365 2 Pts race to 3 runs - neither 6.00 bet365 If Aaron Harang can repeat his opening day performance shutting down Boston and i am not a fan of Harang as a picher so that is a statement more of hope tham expectation then this looks pegged for a low scoring game. Jacob deGrom the reigning rookie of the year in the NL is outstanding at home and should be able to hold the Phillies struggling offense in check. The Mets dont look full of runs so this is as previously stated a bet hoping Harang who does have a history of starting a season well continues that trend.