** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

***** US Masters Competition - £150 in CASH Prizes *****

Aidymac

Re: ***** US Masters Competition - £150 in CASH Prizes ***** 1-J Walker- Form player..22-1 2-H Stenson-Mr Consistency....16-1 3-R McIlroy-Too good a player not to wear a green jacket...9-2 4-J Donaldson-Under rated...100-1 5-J Luiten-could be the surprise package...150-1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ***** US Masters Competition - £150 in CASH Prizes *****

• Rory McIlroy 9/1 -Even if he does not win I believe that he'll finish in the top ten
  • Henrik Stenson 16/1- Has spent a long time in the top ten world rankings , could come good this time
  • Matt Kuchar 33/1-not much logic but I always back him , I've lost a fair bit though
  • Brooks Koepka 66/1- sorry czechpunter I think this is the best name in the comp:)
  • Martin Kaymer 66/1- ?my outsider , has missed the cut quite a few times in the masters but I'm expecting an improvement

Re: ***** US Masters Competition - £150 in CASH Prizes ***** Mcilroy 9/2-Best player in the world if he starts well will be tough to catch Spieth 10/1-Coming in to form nicely and has the potential to get in to the mix D Johnson 16/1-Has a point to prove after all thats happened, another who if he starts well will be right there Henley 150/1-Top player coming in to form at the right time mcdowell 80/1-knows what it takes to win a major

Re: ***** US Masters Competition - £150 in CASH Prizes ***** Jordan Spieth 10/1~Young yank who's price has plummeted since his good run at the back end of last year went really well in this last year same looks on the cards again this time around has a real big chance imo. Rickie Fowler 25/1~Seems to save his best for majors really think we will see a different Fowler this week compared to what he has produced this year has drifted out to 35's may even go bigger don't let that put you off backing him. Martin Kaymer 66/1~Strong German knows what's needed to win majors write him off at your pearl is as big as 90's with some bookies which is darn right silly if he get a good start and near the top after day 1 he will be hard to keep out of the places. Keegan Bradley 66/1~Long time since a win but has been threatening to put that right of late with good performances could sprig a shock here is available at 90's. Luke Donald 80/1~A wild pick here don't think you become a bad player overnight sort of speak he is to good a player not to make his present felt in majors you could back worse 100/1 shots!

Re: ***** US Masters Competition - £150 in CASH Prizes ***** Rory McIlroy 9/2 - World Number 1 and brings his A game to the big tournaments- evidenced by 4 wins in the Majors Bubba Watson 10/1- Won the Masters twice and has a great never say die attitude. I think he will be there or thereabouts Jordan Spieth 10/1 - Still only 21 and the best golfer of his age group in my opinion. Went so close last year - riding high as World Number 6 and in great form at present Keegan Bradley 66/1 - Hasn't fulfilled his early promise when winning the PGA in 2011. Hasn't performed brilliantly in the Masters but as I write is performing well in Shell Open and could be coming in to some form. J B Holmes 66/1 - Like Bradley, performed well in the Shell Houston Open with 2 rounds of 65 and 64. Confidence should be high for next week.

Re: ***** US Masters Competition - £150 in CASH Prizes ***** 20/1 Jimmy Walker  22/1 Rickie Fowler 33/1 Patrick Reed  80/1 Jason Dufner 300/1 Tim Clark The young Americans are all in form at present with the exception of Dufner. He's just split up with his wife and although they were sweethearts at school he's always been punching above his weight in most folks eyes. No doubt his mind won't be in it but if it is then he'll be trying like a wee trojan to get one over on her. Tim Clark has still got a good round in him (not sure about 4 though) but might grab first round leader

Re: ***** US Masters Competition - £150 in CASH Prizes ***** 20/1 Adam Scott - Knows how to win these big tournaments and very consistent all round. 9/2 Rory McIlroy - Must have a great chance of finishing in top six at least, chasing major grand slam. 16/1 Henrik Stenson - Very solid performer and surely must win a major sooner or later, nerves of steel. 66/1 Jim Furyk - Still one of the most accurate of drivers which will get you through to the weekend here at least. 80/1 Zach Johnson - Very experienced around Augusta, nothing will surprise him this week, solid scorer. God luck all:ok

Re: ***** US Masters Competition - £150 in CASH Prizes ***** Bubba Watson - 10/1 - Hard to see past him really. Loves the course and not been in bad nick of late. Jason Day - 14/1 - Good course form and recent winner on tour. JB Holmes - 66/1 - Others have mentioned it, in the form of his life. His distance should leave him a few shorter irons to some of the par 5's too. Rory Mcilroy - 9/2 - certainly wouldn't back him at these odds but he usually comes to the party when it's a major! Jonas Blixt -125/1 - top 5 finish in recent years and just showing signs of coming back to form.

Re: ***** US Masters Competition - £150 in CASH Prizes ***** Bubba Watson 10/1 Jordan Spieth 10/1 Jimmy Walker 22/1 Hideki Matsuyama 66/1 Webb Simpson 100/1 My 3 picks at under 50/1 are all down to form. Jordan Spieth is on fire with 6 top 10 finishes out of 8 in 2015. Bubba Watson seems an obvious pick, Masters winner in 2 of the last 3 years and is in good touch coming into the competition. Jimmy Walker has found consistency, can't see him missing the cut and with 2 wins in 2015 he has the ability to win the thing. Matsuyama has bags of talent, he's a real danger if he can hold his nerve. Only failed to make the cut once in 7 tournaments this year, and had 3 top-4 finishes. Webb Simpson is flying under the radar, I'll be having a few quid on him. Former US Open winner despite still being in his 20's, 2 top-10 finishes this year, won a PGA tournament last season - 100/1 is massive odds, I give him a better chance than the majority above him at shorter odds.

Re: ***** US Masters Competition - £150 in CASH Prizes ***** Best of luck everyone, cant wait for this! Bit of a lottery, expect Rory to win but here are my picks 1. Bubba Watson 10/1 2. Phil Mickelson 22/1 3. Jordan Spieth 10/1 4. Padraig Harrington 100/1 5. Keegan Bradley 66/1

Re: ***** US Masters Competition - £150 in CASH Prizes ***** Rickie Fowler 25/1 - Great player, never wins when i have money on him! Patrick Reed 33/1 - Like the way he plays, could win if stays close to the leaders. Paul Casey 80/1 - Back from the doldrums, would love it if he won. Dubuisson 80/1 - Really fancy him to turn up and be in contention until the end. Matsuyama 66/1 - Very good player at a very good price. I'm no golf expert but i have a decent record of picking top 5 finishers in past 3 years. Gonna back all these each way with small stakes, good luck to all!

Re: ***** US Masters Competition - £150 in CASH Prizes ***** 1) Rory McIlroy 9/2 - Hate to go with the crowd but McIlroy still remains ahead of the game and with the motivation to claim the Grand Slam, has to be included. 2) Rickie Fowler 25/1 Consistent throughout his last four majors with placed finishes in each. Will go about his work quietly but may well spring a surprise. 3) Tiger Woods 40/1 Will either be wonderful or woeful. Has a point to prove and seems to think he's able to at least put in a performance. Worth an inclusion. 4) Padraig Harrington 100/1 Another outsider with a reputation for upsetting the odds. Has won 3 majors but not the Masters - first time might be this time. 5) Luke Donald 80/1 Has returned to his long-time mentor, Pat Goss, in order to try and recapture former glories. Worth a punt.

Re: ***** US Masters Competition - £150 in CASH Prizes ***** Rory McIlroy 9/2 Jason Day 14/1 Brandt Snedeker 40/1 Paul Casey 80/1 Ryan Moore 80/1 There are strong cases for many of the players, some more strong than others. The more fancied ones all can win but its not often they finish in betting order. Rory - surely will win one year and who's to say this year won't be it. Would love to show he's handled the pressure. Jason Day - On his day, very difficult to beat Brandt Snedeker - Not always consistent, but a possibility has learned from previous efforts Paul Casey - Starting to get back to performances of earlier career but now with more all round life experience Ryan Moore - Generally consistent who might just challenge. Good luck all. Cheers

Re: ***** US Masters Competition - £150 in CASH Prizes ***** Rory McIlroy 9/2 - When he gets going he is unstoppable, almost. Jason Day 14/1 - Consistently reliable around here. Phil Mickelson 22/1 - Loves a Green Jacket. Jim Furyk 66/1 - Only Missed Cut here once in last 10 years. Paul Casey 80/1- Found some bits of form, will relish being back here. Couple of top 10s in past.