** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.92[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th 3pts Atletico Madrid to beat Real Madrid 19/10 Boylesports It is hard to ignore Atletico’s dominance in this fixture this season and while Real look to be coming back into a bit of form I’m not entirely sure how much we can take out of them running over two sets of mediocre opposition. Clearly Atletico have the edge on them mentally going into this match and given that they have home advantage on their side as the value very much lies with them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atletico-madrid-vs-real-madrid-betting-atletico-can-get-the-upper-hand-in-first-leg

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th My thoughts are exactly the opposite.You are right about Atletico dominating this fixture but it's them who have been scoring 1 or 2 goals against mediocre(at best) sides for a while.They are not the same team who they used to be 2 years ago and i think they are getting weaker under Simeone every year.It's not like he didn't make miracles with them but it was inevitable at some point this system stops working.It's true that Real Madrid form is not by far better.Since Barca defeated them,they have been facing weaker opponents but beating them convicingly is a fact and their form is improving while Atletico are getting worse and everybody who watches their games on regular basis can see this.I think the bookies are offering odds that high for Real Madrid purely because it is a two-legged fixture and Atletico's dominance in this derby for the past 3 years but are we going to bet every time against Real Madrid just because the history says so?You cannot deny the form Ronaldo has hit recently and overally in the local derby.In fact talking about dominance here,it's fair to mention that Real beat them by 4:1 about a year ago in the CL.You'd be right to say that it was thanks to Ramos late equalizer but Real totally deserved to score earlier in the game and probably they wouldn't need that extra time.Anyhow,i think Real are full of confidence before this clash because they know that it would be too much if they lose again this fixture.They are now just 2 points behind Barca in La Liga and will have to welcome Malaga on Saturday,a game which should not be much of a worry for them because they have scored 8 goals in the last 2 games against Malaga at ''Bernabeu"' plus they have been hitting the net almost on will.Bale will be fit to play on Tuesday as well.I will be on AW(0AH) @ 1.90 with bet365 instead of the clear AW because,as i pointed out above,it is a two-legged fixture and it is not a must win at ''Calderon'' for them.I have no doubts Real will go through but i won't write off Atletico's chances in the home game just yet.Real with a full draw cover is the way to go for tomorrow.

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th I don't think Real's recent upturn can be discounted. Granada actually played their reserves in that 9-1, but even then 9-1 is impressive. Rayo away was a tough match but Real nicked the win, and they won 3-0 at the weekend without Bale, Rodriguez, Kroos, and Benzema on the bench. So I think they'll give Atletico a game. And that 4-0 defeat must serve as some motivation.

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th Small bet on Real DNB looks the play to me here, odds near evens looks fair enough. A few of us on here were heavy on Atletico when they played each other in the league not long ago (Atletico won 4-0) but Real's confidence and play were through the floor at that time, they had 3 of the starting back 4 missing and 2 of the starting midfielders. Fast forward a couple of months and Real look in better shape. Modric is certainly one of their key players and it is no coincidence that their improvement in form has come when he has returned to the side. They had the opportunity to rest a few at the weekend including Benzema, Bale, Rodriguez and Kroos while 3 others only played an hour in a very low key game. They look well placed to me to have a strong end to the season with a mostly fit squad and confidence returning. Atletico's good record at home to Real will dominate most of the headlines before the game but I don't think it will have a massive bearing on the game here. Mandzukic has apparently recovered from injury for the game (depending on what you read) and they will need him fit to take some of the burden off Griezmann who is the star performer and now the main goalscorer of the side. It is very dangerous to underestimate a side like Atletico who don't tend to rely on individual performers rather than the collective spirit of the side. The other main concerns for me are that Real haven't beaten them in the last 8 matches and they will be confident of seeing out the game at home. While there isn't a lot in the price I will play Real here, I expect a close game but Real are playing pretty well at the moment and while Atletico have still been beating teams at home they aren't as dominant as we've seen them previously. I'll put £50 on with bet365, and use the free £50 in-play bet too. Real Madrid 0AH - 1.9 - bet365

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th Regardless of Real's improved form, they'll still struggle big time against Atletico's aggressiveness. Real Madrid are just too soft for Simeone's team and will suffer again as a consequence. As always before the Madrid Derby, everyone expects big things from Ronaldo, but he'll most likely "disappear" again for 90 minutes .

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th Yes, whatever your fancy, Bet365 must be the betting medium to use because of their Bet 50, Free 50 in play offer. As for the game, then Real Madrid have a fully fit squad to choose from at last. They have the momentum and are now just a couple of points off top spot in the League. However Simeone does seem to have the Indian Sign over Real. Despite the CL final defeat, his team are big game players and a CL quarter final is huge. I fancy a 0 0 or 1 1 draw in the first leg, leaving it all to play for in the return.

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th It's going to be very close. Phisical approuch is something that Simeone is preprering for Real. Again, it might be to much for Iker Casillas who looks vulnerable when stakes are high. I put my money on Atletico DNB @ 2.14 Marathonbet Odds are just to tempting. A narrow, 1 goal lead for Atletico, before the second leg, is what i hope for, but it can go either way. Good Luck !

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th Can't see Real winning here definitely. They can't cope with Atletico pace and pressing, i would be really surprised if they win this. I will try for fun correct score 1:0 @ 9.00 in my local.

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th Real Madrid has no other option of qualifying to the semi-finals because a failure here will mean they have to do major changes to the club next year ( players + coach ) and that's something they don't want to do as they have start building a team that can last for years but they will have to under the pressure of the fans if they disqualify from Atletico. So today they have to do the first step - and that's not losing.They are improved lately and Atletico has start losing their shape, but they are still nervous when playing against them. Draw @ 3.50 Marathonbet

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th Hey! You are trying to guess the mutch result but it is coin toss for me. My opinion is AH0 but I think evething can be happened! BUT why don't you want to have easy money inversting in the yellow cards total? My forecast: there will be LOT'S of cards today. Please check resent stats: last 6 games there were more than 7 cards! Sometimes 10 and 12! Ramos, Pepe and other rude people will play today and I can't imagine there will be less than 6 cards. My forecast is 6-8 cards with 90% confidence. 5-10 with 99% confidence. So odd = 1.37 for OVER 5.5 looks GREAT for me but this bookey (Nordicbet and Betsson are unavailable for me, I got OVER6 in Marathonbet for 1.52 - 10/10 points!). I don't want to explain you how important this game for both teams - you can read it in the above posts. 1.82 for OVER6.5 also looks great, as well as over7 for 2.12. Let's put here 2 and 1 more points. I think there will be enough for today from me :). Also total over 2.5 in first half for 2.01 also looks great but I am not sure battle will start at the beginning of match.

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th nOXX, i was thinking about the same thing ! I have found some interesting bets on Skybet, Where U can pick both players to be carded, even 3 or 4 players ! Odds are very juicy, but - since this is a forum, I prefer to ask U Guys for the best picks on who will be booked ! I do not bet on cards, and I don't feel to confident about this. Any advice will be very much appreciated !

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th

nOXX, i was thinking about the same thing ! I have found some interesting bets on Skybet, Where U can pick both players to be carded, even 3 or 4 players ! Odds are very juicy, but - since this is a forum, I prefer to ask U Guys for the best picks on who will be booked ! I do not bet on cards, and I don't feel to confident about this. Any advice will be very much appreciated !
wow, Pepe to be shown a card for 2.1!!! It is NOT 50% chance, it is 80% chance. It is very valuable, but I can't bet where. Also Mandzukic for 1.8 (I hope he will play today) and Ramos for 1.63 looks very very valuable!!! Betfair is also available for this kind of bets.

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th A lot of the Atletico Madrid players were booked in the matches with Leverkusen and if they pick another booking tonight, they'll miss the return leg at the Santiago Bernabeu. This could lead to a bit more cautious play that usual from the booked players, hence less number of cards. On the other hand such big matches for Atletico always contain a very high number of cards.

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th Smells like 0-0 all over, or maybe 1-0 in a well studied set piece from Atletico. Wouldn't be surprised of Atletico playing for the 0-0, as it will only add pressure for Real in the 2nd leg.

Smells like 0-0 all over' date=' or maybe 1-0 in a well studied set piece from Atletico. Wouldn't be surprised of Atletico playing for the 0-0, as it will only add pressure for Real in the 2nd leg.[/quote'] Limiting the number of 'away goals' you concede in the first leg is vital. I think Atletico would be happy with a 0-0 or a 1-1 scoreline. A low-scoring draw would give them lots of ammunition for the second leg. 0-0 at home and 1-1 away would see them through, as would 1-1 and 2-2.

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th Think I've found my favorite bet of this match and that is: 10pts Real Madrid +0.5 Asian Corner Handicap @ 1.78 Bet365 I've listed out all the statistics I've gathered from the last 6 match-ups that took place this season. The above mentioned corner handicap bet would have paid out on each one of those 6 match-ups. Other noteworthy bets: Over 60.5 booking points @ 1.83 Boylesports - Would have landed in all 6 matchups Time of 1st booking - Over 22 @ 1.73 Paddypower Most recent match first: --------- Match-up -------------- Scoreline -- Corner matchup ---- Time of 1st yellow card --- No of cards Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid --- 4-0 ---------- 2:3 ------------------ 29th ---------------------- 5:2 Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid --- 2-2 --------- 10:4 ----------------- 28th ----------------------- 4:4 Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid --- 2-0 --------- 3:8 ------------------- 27th ---------------------- 6:4 Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid --- 2-1 --------- 4:4 ------------------ 19th ----------------------- 4:7 Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid --- 1-0 ---------- 5:9 ------------------- 5th ----------------------- 4:6+1Red Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid --- 1-1 ---------- 10:7 ----------------- 18th ---------------------- 2:5 Hope this helps and good luck to us all! :) P.S. Tried to make this as readable as possible... Seriously in need of a table option here. Edit: Over 3.5 Atletico Madrid cards @ 2.00 Bet365 looks good too!

Think I've found my favorite bet of this match and that is: 10pts Real Madrid +0.5 Asian Corner Handicap @ 1.78 Bet365 --------- Match-up -------------- Scoreline -- Corner matchup ---- Time of 1st yellow card --- No of cards Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid --- 4-0 ---------- 2:3 ------------------ 29th ---------------------- 5:2 Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid --- 2-0 --------- 3:8 ------------------- 27th ---------------------- 6:4 Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid --- 1-0 ---------- 5:9 ------------------- 5th ----------------------- 4:6+1Red
I think the home games are most relevant to tonight's fixture. In all three games, Atletico won - so in a way it makes sense that Real would do most of the attacking and most corners. If you think Atletico will win tonight (or at least draw, it would make sense to back Real corners. But if you think Real will win, it increases the chances of Atletico getting more corners.

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th Yes and actually Simeone's Atletico are phenomenal doing that. I'm pretty sure he will try the same as always: grab an early goal on a set piece or swift counter-attack with Griezmann looking to avoid the offside trap. If yes, perfect, 1-0 and pressure on Real. Or else, they will keep their fighting spirit and try to keep it 0-0. The most important thing in Simeone's mind is not to concede, I'm pretty sure of that.

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th This will be tight match, Atleti know how to frustrate Real but Real isn't worried they can take a a draw back to the Bernabeau. Atleti surely will want to keep a clean sheet and hopefully grab a goal at Bernabeau to put the pressure on Real. One team would be glad with a 1-1 the other ok with a 0-0, in a tight match like this the value is on the draw. Draw @3.25 wiht bet365 CS 1-1 @6.00 with bet365

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th I have found out that I am not lucky when I post my picks on forums: my stats is good (i have blog on blogabet with more than 900 picks) but each time I want to share my pick here - I place wrong pick. I adviced odd 1.37 for over 5.5 yellow card today with high confidence. But.... maybe something will be changed in 2nd half but I am not sure - I see closed game and only desire about the goal scored. Maybe after we will see rude game) Sent from my GT-N7100 using PL Forum

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 14th 5 cards... just 5 cards... but it must be 6-7 according to the fouls commited. I am frustrated. Even russian commentator said: I don't remember such "unrude" game... Fortunately Juventus won and Atletico hasn't lost. But anyway I am frustrated) Sent from my GT-N7100 using PL Forum

Small bet on Real DNB looks the play to me here, odds near evens looks fair enough. A few of us on here were heavy on Atletico when they played each other in the league not long ago (Atletico won 4-0) but Real's confidence and play were through the floor at that time, they had 3 of the starting back 4 missing and 2 of the starting midfielders. Fast forward a couple of months and Real look in better shape. Modric is certainly one of their key players and it is no coincidence that their improvement in form has come when he has returned to the side. They had the opportunity to rest a few at the weekend including Benzema, Bale, Rodriguez and Kroos while 3 others only played an hour in a very low key game. They look well placed to me to have a strong end to the season with a mostly fit squad and confidence returning. Atletico's good record at home to Real will dominate most of the headlines before the game but I don't think it will have a massive bearing on the game here. Mandzukic has apparently recovered from injury for the game (depending on what you read) and they will need him fit to take some of the burden off Griezmann who is the star performer and now the main goalscorer of the side. It is very dangerous to underestimate a side like Atletico who don't tend to rely on individual performers rather than the collective spirit of the side. The other main concerns for me are that Real haven't beaten them in the last 8 matches and they will be confident of seeing out the game at home. While there isn't a lot in the price I will play Real here, I expect a close game but Real are playing pretty well at the moment and while Atletico have still been beating teams at home they aren't as dominant as we've seen them previously. I'll put £50 on with bet365, and use the free £50 in-play bet too. Real Madrid 0AH - 1.9 - bet365 VOID
Should have won really, Real created chances they would usually take but it wasn't to be.

My thoughts are exactly the opposite.You are right about Atletico dominating this fixture but it's them who have been scoring 1 or 2 goals against mediocre(at best) sides for a while.They are not the same team who they used to be 2 years ago and i think they are getting weaker under Simeone every year.It's not like he didn't make miracles with them but it was inevitable at some point this system stops working.It's true that Real Madrid form is not by far better.Since Barca defeated them' date=they have been facing weaker opponents but beating them convicingly is a fact and their form is improving while Atletico are getting worse and everybody who watches their games on regular basis can see this.I think the bookies are offering odds that high for Real Madrid purely because it is a two-legged fixture and Atletico's dominance in this derby for the past 3 years but are we going to bet every time against Real Madrid just because the history says so?You cannot deny the form Ronaldo has hit recently and overally in the local derby.In fact talking about dominance here,it's fair to mention that Real beat them by 4:1 about a year ago in the CL.You'd be right to say that it was thanks to Ramos late equalizer but Real totally deserved to score earlier in the game and probably they wouldn't need that extra time.Anyhow,i think Real are full of confidence before this clash because they know that it would be too much if they lose again this fixture.They are now just 2 points behind Barca in La Liga and will have to welcome Malaga on Saturday,a game which should not be much of a worry for them because they have scored 8 goals in the last 2 games against Malaga at ''Bernabeu"' plus they have been hitting the net almost on will.Bale will be fit to play on Tuesday as well.I will be on AW(0AH) @ 1.90 with bet365 instead of the clear AW because,as i pointed out above,it is a two-legged fixture and it is not a must win at ''Calderon'' for them.I have no doubts Real will go through but i won't write off Atletico's chances in the home game just yet.Real with a full draw cover is the way to go for tomorrow.
Void but feeling like somebody has taken the money out of my pocket...

Think I've found my favorite bet of this match and that is: 10pts Real Madrid +0.5 Asian Corner Handicap @ 1.78 Bet365 I've listed out all the statistics I've gathered from the last 6 match-ups that took place this season. The above mentioned corner handicap bet would have paid out on each one of those 6 match-ups. Other noteworthy bets: Over 60.5 booking points @ 1.83 Boylesports - Would have landed in all 6 matchups Time of 1st booking - Over 22 @ 1.73 Paddypower Most recent match first: --------- Match-up -------------- Scoreline -- Corner matchup ---- Time of 1st yellow card --- No of cards Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid --- 4-0 ---------- 2:3 ------------------ 29th ---------------------- 5:2 Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid --- 2-2 --------- 10:4 ----------------- 28th ----------------------- 4:4 Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid --- 2-0 --------- 3:8 ------------------- 27th ---------------------- 6:4 Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid --- 2-1 --------- 4:4 ------------------ 19th ----------------------- 4:7 Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid --- 1-0 ---------- 5:9 ------------------- 5th ----------------------- 4:6+1Red Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid --- 1-1 ---------- 10:7 ----------------- 18th ---------------------- 2:5 Hope this helps and good luck to us all! :) P.S. Tried to make this as readable as possible... Seriously in need of a table option here. Edit: Over 3.5 Atletico Madrid cards @ 2.00 Bet365 looks good too!
So annoyed, I wasn't able to watch the game, but I was tracking it via Bet365 Atletico Madrid got 2 corners in the final 5 mins :( -10pts