** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Nap of the Day - Friday March 13th

Shantou Bob has shown a lot of promise this season for up and coming trainer Warren Greatrex but was a beaten odds on favourite last time. However the time before that he stayed on well up the hill at Sandown while hanging and was only beaten a nose by Vyta du Roc which caught my attention. He has a bit of guts about him which is what you want in an Albert Bartlett and Vyta du Roc franked the form when running a cracker in the Neptune before blundering at the last. He hasn’t travelled well through his last two races and it’s interesting what Warren Greatrex had to say after his last run: "There was a trace of blood in his nostril after the race, but after scoping him it's clear it hasn't come from his lungs and he has just burst a blood vessel in his nostril, which isn't anything serious. "I haven't had chance to have him checked out yet, but I have a feeling that he may have a small wind issue. "He only ran on Saturday, so we'll give him a few days to get over it and then get him looked at, but I just have it in the back of my mind there is a minor problem there. "He was struggling a long way from home on Saturday, which just isn't him. He's a horse who should travel well in his races. "His jumping wasn't as good as it can be either, which gives me the impression that maybe he was thinking about something else. "He did a similar thing at Sandown the time before - hitting a flat spot before running on. I put a tongue-tie on him that day, which was more precautionary than anything, but maybe his wind has got worse since. "It's a weird thing to say, but it's almost a good thing, as we know that wasn't his running on Saturday and hopefully it's something we can put right. "It's not as though he ran terribly, but I do think he's better than he showed on Saturday." So this gelding has had its problems yet still has produced some top class novice form. Not only did Vyta du Roc frank the form but Tara Point won a listed contest comfortably and Ordo Ab Chao went on to beat Value at Risk in a Grade 2 who is generally a 10/1 shot for this. The step up to 3m looks exactly what this he wants on breeding and looking at way he rallied back against Vyta du Roc up the Sandown hill. The vet alleviated concerns about the burst blood vessel and he had a wind op with Cole Harden who ran away with the World Hurdle today. He’s the gutsy type of horse who I would want to back in a race like this and after the improvement Warren got out of Cole Harden it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him show considerable improvement. The 40/1 available on Skybet is absolutely massive for a horse who has shown this level of form. Shantou Bob - 1pt each-way @ 40/1 Skybet

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday March 13th

Shantou Bob has shown a lot of promise this season for up and coming trainer Warren Greatrex but was a beaten odds on favourite last time. However the time before that he stayed on well up the hill at Sandown while hanging and was only beaten a nose by Vyta du Roc which caught my attention. He has a bit of guts about him which is what you want in an Albert Bartlett and Vyta du Roc franked the form when running a cracker in the Neptune before blundering at the last. He hasn’t travelled well through his last two races and it’s interesting what Warren Greatrex had to say after his last run: "There was a trace of blood in his nostril after the race, but after scoping him it's clear it hasn't come from his lungs and he has just burst a blood vessel in his nostril, which isn't anything serious. "I haven't had chance to have him checked out yet, but I have a feeling that he may have a small wind issue. "He only ran on Saturday, so we'll give him a few days to get over it and then get him looked at, but I just have it in the back of my mind there is a minor problem there. "He was struggling a long way from home on Saturday, which just isn't him. He's a horse who should travel well in his races. "His jumping wasn't as good as it can be either, which gives me the impression that maybe he was thinking about something else. "He did a similar thing at Sandown the time before - hitting a flat spot before running on. I put a tongue-tie on him that day, which was more precautionary than anything, but maybe his wind has got worse since. "It's a weird thing to say, but it's almost a good thing, as we know that wasn't his running on Saturday and hopefully it's something we can put right. "It's not as though he ran terribly, but I do think he's better than he showed on Saturday." So this gelding has had its problems yet still has produced some top class novice form. Not only did Vyta du Roc frank the form but Tara Point won a listed contest comfortably and Ordo Ab Chao went on to beat Value at Risk in a Grade 2 who is generally a 10/1 shot for this. The step up to 3m looks exactly what this he wants on breeding and looking at way he rallied back against Vyta du Roc up the Sandown hill. The vet alleviated concerns about the burst blood vessel and he had a wind op with Cole Harden who ran away with the World Hurdle today. He’s the gutsy type of horse who I would want to back in a race like this and after the improvement Warren got out of Cole Harden it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him show considerable improvement. The 40/1 available on Skybet is absolutely massive for a horse who has shown this level of form. Shantou Bob - 1pt each-way @ 40/1 Skybet
2:40 Cheltenham

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday March 13th Cheltenham 5.15 (Grand Annual Chase, Grade 3) Bellenos (0.5pts each way, 22/1 Bet365) AP McCoy would be a popular winner for sure in the race named after him but I feel Ned Buntline is a bit too short in a race of this nature. I'll go for something bigger each way and Dan Skelton's Bellenos. Now He hasn't been seen to best effect the last few runs around Ascot but he has since undergone a wind operation and this week has shown what improvement some horses can show after they have had them! not that it's a given though of course. His is pretty versatile in the way in which he can run but I'm hoping he'll be tracking the leaders as coming from behind has proved tough this week, needs to show improvement but could get involved.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday March 13th Albert Bartlett 2.40 Cheltenham Black Hercules looks to be the best of the Mullins quintet and will be hard to beat. Martello Tower is a big danger from Ireland and has to go close as does Value At Risk who was a close second here last time out on trials day. Caracci Apache looks to have plenty of improvement in him in what looks like a very open contest. EW Value At Risk 11/1 bet365

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday March 13th 2.40 Cheltenham - 1pt win Value At Risk @ 12/1 (Bet365) Was very impressive two starts ago when running away with a novice and although beaten narrowly here last time it was in a good race and the winner wasn't disgraced in the Neptune. Having looked held over the last, he battled on really well up the hill and was closing again at the finish. That suggested that this step up to three miles would be ideal and his form does stack up well with the best of these. Is a nice price and looks a genuine type who shouldn't shirk the issue.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday March 13th Triumph Hurdle (Grade 1 Juvenile Hurdle) Not sure if the favourite can be beaten here, but it is certainly a big and competitive field. For a much bigger price a chance is taken with Stars Over The Sea who was a very promising horse earlier this season. He has been a good performer to the flat and took well to hurdles but disappointed subsequently at Cheltenham in December, which was his last start. He's coming into this as a fresh horse and first time hood and tongue tie have helped so many others before already to realize their potential. He remains a talented hurdler with potential and may outrun his price. Stars Over The Sea @ 66/1 SJ

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday March 13th Fak 2.20 - Jonnie Skull - win at 13/8 sportingbet Selling hurdle A couple of these are miles clear on the ratings and one of them should win The favourite, Flying Phoenix, is probably the better of the two and gets weight being a mare, but she hasn't run for 15 months, so you're taking a chance on her race readiness. My selection is race fit from the AW and has won over hurdles a few years ago although he's by no means a regular over the sticks. This track and ground should be in his favour as a confirmed front runner and he'll probably get his own way up front. Hopefully he can run the legs off the favourite if she's a bit rusty

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday March 13th Cheltenham 3:20 - Houblon Des Obeaux WIN @ 50/1 BetVictor Going to take a stab at an outsider in a wide open Gold Cup. This horse was 2nd behind Many Clouds in the Hennessy in November and if he could bring that form to the table, he could certainly hit the frame. He was 9th in the Gold Cup last season but the cut in the ground today should suit him more.

Re: Nap of the Day - Friday March 13th 4.25 ling Donetsk 1pt win 9/2 paddy power promise on 4th on debut with that maiden working out ok , and was a bit unsettled at the start so with that run under its belt could go better. Jarvis decent record in 3yo maidens at the track and of the balding , johnston and stevens yards that also do well , this looks the type to do better.