** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Open 6-8 Mar

kevshat

The next big major darts event of the season takes place this weekend when everyone heads back down to Minehead for the UK Open. From the third round onwards this is a random draw which makes for an exciting tournament and often throws up surprise runners in the latter stages. ITV4 carry all the action once again. Schedule and format here: http://www.pdc.tv/news/article/q4zr8jvyw4kj1dpfmydrfiyh9/title/coral-uk-open-board-allocations

Re: UK Open 6-8 Mar Vincent van der Voort to win 100/1 Betvictor I really like this tournament my only bugbear is the coverage. All too often we are left watching one sided games featuring big names whilst missing out on close exciting games elsewhere. In an ideal world I would love a multiscreen option whereby you can select the match of your choice. With no seedings there’s always the prospect of carnage in the early rounds if big names are drawn together. The random FA cup style draw virtually guarantees that some of the lesser lights will progress further than they would in a normal seeded tournament. With that in mind I think it pays to have a look at some of the talented players at bigger prices: players such as King, Jenkins and Klaasen. Vincent van der Voort is one that appeals to me and represents value at 100/1. I believe that has been playing some of his best darts in recent months. His form in the recent TV tournaments has been pretty impressive. He reached the players championship semi-final where he lost to eventually champ Gary Anderson. He also looked impressive at the world championship where he eventually went down 5-3 to Taylor averaging 99 in the process. On his form at the back end of last year a case could have been made for him participating in the Premier league but it was not to be. Van der Voort strikes me as someone about to hit the peak of their career and is worth a small flutter at such a long price.

Re: UK Open 6-8 Mar As Tadley points out, with the format of this, it's always worth having a crack at an outsider, I'm taking a nibble at Alan Norris @ 101 with Boylesports as they're going 4 places for 1/4 so a semi final spot gets a nice return too. Norris got his tour card in style with a 9-darter and 3 whitewashes and recently got to the quarter final of an Open qualifier so I'm prepared to take a gamble on his PDC career starting in style. Alan Norris @ 101 1pt ew Boylesports ( 1/4 - 4 places ) Good luck

Re: UK Open 6-8 Mar Tournament preview: 1pt ew T.Jenkins to win UK Open 66/1 Betfred (1/4 1-4) There is something about Minehead that seems to suit Terry Jenkins. He was a finalist in this tournament last year where he beat Michael van Gerwen in the semi-final and he made the quarter final in the Players Championship Finals here too and beat the same man in the last 16 so Jenkins seems to play well at this venue and given that we know he can beat van Gerwen and doesn’t fear Taylor when they meet, and he has beaten him in 2015 on TV already, we know if he does draw the big names he can still beat them. Jenkins always comes alive in the big occasions and if he gets a good run with the draw he can deliver some big odds here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/uk-open-betting-terry-jenkins-can-enjoy-the-minehead-experience-once-again

Re: UK Open 6-8 Mar Friday previews: 3pts M.Zujdwijk to beat J.Part 5/4 Coral We’ve got one of those clashes which the early rounds of this tournament often throw up here – a veteran on the way down taking on a youngster on the way up and it often pays to go with the man with momentum and in this match that simply has to be Mike Zuydwijk. We’ve seen Part struggle on the big stage for a while so I’ll take the young Dutchman here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/part-vs-zujdwijk-betting-john-part-looks-ripe-for-an-upset-in-minehead 3pts M.Frost to beat J.Wilson 12/5 Ladbrokes This will be a good test for James Wilson. We saw him crumble in the first round of the BDO World Championship a couple of months ago when a raft of missed doubles cost him dearly and that trend continued in Germany in his first big event in the PDC. In a best of nine leg match any missed doubles is likely to be fatal so Frost has to have a chance in this one without any pressure on him. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wilson-vs-frost-betting-mark-frost-could-cause-an-upset-in-the-second-round

Re: UK Open 6-8 Mar UK Open. Round 1. Today 13:45. Benito van de Pas vs Jeffrey De Zwaan - Jeffrey De Zwaan @ 7/4. Small stake. This is the first time I have opposed van de Pas in his short career, but I think the price on De Zwaan is too big. -de Zwaan is in better form. Both have played the 6 UK Open events this year, with de Zwaan finishing 39th on £1750 to van de Pas' 58th on £1000. He took the scalps of Phil Taylor and Stephen Bunting last weekend out, and won through q-school on the first day in his only other outing this year. -Inconsistencies. van de Pas has been fairly poor in his few tv appearances, averaging in the mid 80s over his 5 recent games. De Zwaan hasn't shown that he can play on tv either, but he does have the game to throw a 95+ if he's on it (as does vdp).

Re: UK Open 6-8 Mar Whilst the format makes it very interesting you can't get away from the fact that one of big boys normally wins. It's been going since 2003 and Taylor has won it 5 times; Barney and Wade twice; and Lewis, Sholten and Thornton 1 each.

Re: UK Open 6-8 Mar It's usually at the very end of the match reports on the PDC website but it can take a while as they tot up all the statistics. Here's today's quarter-finals report: http://www.pdc.tv/news/article/qtg7wzpj30m3113nzz2jegnk4/title/coral-uk-open-quarter-finals The semi-finals are: * Stephen Bunting vs. Peter Wright * Michael van Gerwen vs. Andrew Gilding