** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Atlético de Madrid v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday March 17th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Atlético de Madrid v Bayer 04 Leverkusen (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]96.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday March 17th I quite like Leverkusen's odds atm of over 6.0. Leading 1-0 from the first leg in Germany, if Leverkusen score here, Atletico will need to score THREE. Leverkusen's shots on target stats are better than Atletico's. But Atletico have more experience at this level and a superb home record.

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday March 17th atletico madrid have been in slump form recently and i think simone has lost a little bit of dressing room and along with it a belief and edge which they used to posses. the first match exposed them a lot and leverkusen could have won by larger margin. they were able to totally neutralise their tactical plan and hit them on fast counters very frequently. i am not too convinced they will win as can't see leverkusen doing enough to get a draw.

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday March 17th 4pts Atletico Madrid to beat Bayer Leverkusen 8/11 BetVictor This tie is wonderfully set up for plenty of drama but with home advantage and a steely determination I’ve got to side with the hosts in this one. Leverkusen have had their confidence boosted by the comfortable win at the weekend but sometimes you have to ignore what has gone before and side with the better team and for me, man for man, Atletico are by far the better team here. I expect them to show that in this second leg. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atletico-madrid-vs-bayer-leverkusen-betting-spanish-side-can-see-off-german-challengers

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday March 17th Lost money on Atletico DNB in the first game. They got their game plan totally wrong in the first leg - Simeone admitted it - but they are one of the best home sides in Europe and they will be well up for this with a title challenge now out of the question. Koke is back which makes a big difference to their attacking game. Simeone and Mandzukic have reportedly had a falling out which has led to him being on the bench in the last couple of games (was suspended at the weekend), I can't imagine he won't play in this one. Leverkusen will press Atletico high up the pitch from the start, they will need Mandzukic there to hold the ball up, Torres can't do that and doesn't have much of a goal threat in him currently after a strong start. Despite playing so well in the first leg there is only 1 goal in it and it should be level after Torres had a perfectly good - if slightly odd - goal disallowed. The Calderon will be at fever pitch for this one, should be a good game. I had a large single on Atletico to qualify before the first leg - looking somewhat misadvised currently! - so I won't be betting on the game but 2.25 for Atletico to qualify looks pretty big to me. Atletico very rarely don't turn up at home despite their problems away.

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday March 17th Leverkusen on the road were horrid in the UCL group phase, and actually have a bit of trouble on the road in the Bundesliga, but everyone except Bayern has trouble away there. They are in good form lately though. I especially like the way they defend, their pressure work is quite good, honestly. Hard to call, but Atletico should pull through. I can actually see them winning this one without conceding actually. Expecting a very strong start from them to tie this as soon as possible. They like to have the upper hand with them since the start so Atletico -0.5 AH HT @ 2.30 and could be worth a punt. I would say Atletico Madrid to score before the 20:00 or 30:00 could be good in-play bets as well.

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday March 17th I am not that optimistic about Atletico tomorrow.1st the odds don't represent the actual form of both of the teams.Atletico have been hit and miss of late while The Germans have been firing on all cylinders in the recent games.Yes,The Spaniards rotated a lot against Espanyol but looked clueless upfront.Mandzukic was out but still they should've had enough to see them off.I think Atletico lack their killing instinct and i think what's crucial here is that Tiago and Godin are set to miss the game not the return of Koke.I think Atletico will be put to the sword,forced to defend deeply in their own half with Bayer dictating the game from the outset.Atletico are unofficially done with the league so they can now only focus on the CL game but actually i think they will got eliminated tomorrow.They've been inconsistent of late and have not won in 4.Personally i will be on the draw @ 3.80 with bet365 placing medium stakes here because i can see a tight affair with a lot of tackling all over the field which will see the end of the Simeone's era.GL!

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday March 17th

i can see a tight affair with a lot of tackling all over the field which will see the end of the Simeone's era
Why should this be the end of Simeone's era? This seems taken straight out of some football gossip website that's read by mentally slow people.

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday March 17th Honestly, if Simeon says it's going to be a draw, than I might just leave what I said before. I really like his views and he has been outstading in the CL betting lately.

Why should this be the end of Simeone's era? This seems taken straight out of some football gossip website that's read by mentally slow people.
I don't mean that he is gonna get fired after the game if Atletico got eliminated but replaced after the season.There were rumours which suggest that he will be taking Inter or a club in UK and i truly believe he won't be in charge after the season because Atletico seem that they need a change

I don't mean that he is gonna get fired after the game if Atletico got eliminated but replaced after the season.There were rumours which suggest that he will be taking Inter or a club in UK and i truly believe he won't be in charge after the season because Atletico seem that they need a change
It will be that he leaves, not that he is let go. He has performed miracles there, and is one of the most highly regarded young managers in the game Sent from my HTC One using PL Forum

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday March 17th I am looking at the record of Germany teams vs Spanish and it's not very good especially real Madrid. But aletico are a different team with different style and I like the chances of this bet aletico to qualify at evens. Monaco and arsenal over 2.5 goals because arsenal didn't turn up and I don't believe what the pundit say monaco and psg are very lucky that arsenal and Chelsea didn't turn up. I also like over 2.5 goals in Barcelona vs Manchester City match.

It will be that he leaves, not that he is let go. He has performed miracles there, and is one of the most highly regarded young managers in the game Sent from my HTC One using PL Forum
fully agree on this one ... if simeone leaves its couse he wants to ... specially since they are well positioned for another cl spot next year .. but even if that was not the case .... a coach that has given u so much and put you up there along the big sides deserves some credit even in such a realm as primera where memory just goes far as one week it seems ... look at ronaldo being booed at bernabeu or casillas despised at same place by the idiotic fans .... this can only hapen here ... still simeone and atletico have special ties and only if the team looks really really badly managed & out of form smthg like that will hapen but most likely scenario is teh argie leaving guardiola style ...

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday March 17th i can't trust atletico in this match. there is something wrong in the club and their form is going reverse. several matches without a win speaks for itself. i have to question the relationship of simone with mandzukic as he seem to have alienated him from his team. leverkusen only need one goal to coast through to next round. i really like a draw tonight as i cannot anticipate more than two goals

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday March 17th Leverkusen supporter here. Although the first leg was a deserved and convincing victory for the Germans, I tend to take Atletico to qualify tonight. The last away matches of Leverkusen were not convincing. The 3-0 victory in Paderborn could easily been a defeat if Paderborn used one of their chances while it was still 0-0. Before that they drew at Augsburg and lost at Bremen. In the group phase of the CL they lost (rather unluckily) at Monaco 0-1, drew at Benfica 0-0 and won at St. Petersburg 2-1, both more or less deserved. Although the recent results of Atletico dont look promising, dont forget that they beat Real 4-0 six weeks ago at Vicente Calderon. And despite the missings of Thiago and Godin, I see the chances of Atletico to advance around 50%. The likes of Griezman, Arda Turan and Mandzukic can easily produce big problems for the quite shaky defense of Leverkusen (although they didnt concede a single goal in their last 5 games). Fingers crossed for my team Bayer Leverkusen but my gut feeling says it will be a very tight and intense affair tonight with the home crowd firing up emotions. So value for me in Atletico to qualify at 2.6 (marathonbet)

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday March 17th Slightly surprised Atletico's odds keep rising, to qualify now up to 2.5 on betfair. I must be out of my mind as I'm already facing a big loss on Atletico failing to qualify but I can't resist the odds available. Leverkusen have looked very good in the Bundesliga recently but this is still a big learning curve, score 1 goal and they are as good as through but with Atletico getting that goal is not always that easy, and I'm certain they will be far better than they were in the first game. He who dares.. Atletico to Qualify - 2.5 - betfair - 5 Points

Re: Atlético de Madrid v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday March 17th all this talk of leverkusen on a good run ???? not losing goals in last 4 games !!! they played the bottom 3 in league and kiaserlauten from league 2... a very diferent level from tonight also last 20 mins inc extra time against athletico and couldnt get the 2nd goal .. home win for me tonight ,and madrid to qualify

Slightly surprised Atletico's odds keep rising, to qualify now up to 2.5 on betfair. I must be out of my mind as I'm already facing a big loss on Atletico failing to qualify but I can't resist the odds available. Leverkusen have looked very good in the Bundesliga recently but this is still a big learning curve, score 1 goal and they are as good as through but with Atletico getting that goal is not always that easy, and I'm certain they will be far better than they were in the first game. He who dares.. Atletico to Qualify - 2.5 - betfair - 5 Points WIN
Was in bits by penalties :\ I had far too much on Atletico qualifying, crazy stuff. Think they deserved it though, Leverkusen offered very little as an attacking unit although they defended well. Think the better side went through.