Announcements
** February Poker League Result : 1st juanmoment, 2nd Rivrd, 3rd the_dak **
** Last Man Standing Results - drew005 wins £250 / Wishy wins £50 **
** February Naps Competition Result: 1st RAYSINGH_GURU, 2nd CASH OUT KEV, 3rd HARRY_FAINT99, 4th DONNYFLYER. KO Cup Winner MRJOL, Most Winners: BYMATRIX **

Liverpool - Manchester City > Sunday March 1st

[TABLE=class: table-main, width: 536] [TR=class: odd] [TD=class: table-time datet t1425211200-1-1-0-0, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, align: center]12:00[/TD] [TD=class: name table-participant, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 2]Liverpool - Manchester City[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp, bgcolor: #FFFFFF]2.88[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp, bgcolor: #FFFFFF]3.49[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp, bgcolor: #FFFFFF]2.42[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Liverpool - Manchester City > Sunday March 1st Lpool-Man city BTTS-YEs & over 2.5 @ evens with bet365 This game appears to be very important for both clubs.Lpool head into the game after a heavy defeat in Istanbul after 120 mins of play and penalty shoot out.We saw how bad they looked once again without Steven Gerrad who is the link between the defence and the attack.It's true that he is 34 but he still can play at least a 45 mins at his best tempo so i cannot see why BR is ignoring him that much.Anyhow,they are chasing the top 4 and they must be keen to perform better after such a heavy defeat.Man city are trying to win the league title again but are 5 points behind Chelsea.The Citizens were defeated on Tuesday as we expected and a defeat at ''Anfield'' will put them under a great pressure.The Merseysides were on a decent run before the lose came so it will be interesting to see how will they react to it.They look like they are bringing their self-esteem back with Sturridge in the squad but they will have a very diffuclt test to pass on Sunday.These two teams have a history full of goals and given the current situation and both teams results so far in the campaign i can't see neither of them keeping a clean sheet.Both defences are realtively leaky these days which should be another plus for this bet.

Re: Liverpool - Manchester City > Sunday March 1st 4pts Man City to beat Liverpool 7/5 Betfred All things being equal this would have the potential to be a top game but it is hard to see a way that Liverpool won’t be jaded and fatigued in this match and that can play right into the hands of Man City. I’m not always convinced by City on the road but with their opponents likely to be a bit leggie this is a match the champions should win and so they are the call here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/liverpool-vs-man-city-betting-city-can-take-advantage-of-liverpool-s-heavy-legs

Re: Liverpool - Manchester City > Sunday March 1st i have to agree with you the extra time will have taken it effect on the players and going out of the competition is not good for their confidence and the trip was equally tiresome. man city have had more days to prepare and while i expect liverpool to make a strong start i think eventually they will start wane out and be out dominated by man city.

Re: Liverpool - Manchester City > Sunday March 1st Fatigue level definitely will kick in with Liverpool only a little more than 48 hours to prepare for this match. However whether City can capitalize strongly on this is a question mark. Yaya Toure is back to add some life into City. Hopefully, it will be a win at Anfield for City after 12 years...

Re: Liverpool - Manchester City > Sunday March 1st I think this will play out similar to Barca away to City, however this time with City playing the role of Barcelona. Liverpool's fatigue issue is worsened by the fact that they rely on power, speed and direct play especially against the good sides. They play end to end and will beat most sides fitness wise. Man City can exploit this situation by being able to sit on the ball and boss possession just like the Spaniards did to them on Wednesday. Players like Toure, Silva, Nasri, Fernandinho can keep the ball and tire Liverpool out before picking their moments to strike. Whereas the instinct in the Liverpool players is to explode forward and attack the goal at home most times. This is a problem when many players have just played big minutes in Turkey. Sterling played 120', Sturridge 105', Balotelli 82', _____Can (in centre mid) , Toure, Skrtel, Lovren and Allen all the full 120.

Re: Liverpool - Manchester City > Sunday March 1st

I think this will play out similar to Barca away to City, however this time with City playing the role of Barcelona. Liverpool's fatigue issue is worsened by the fact that they rely on power, speed and direct play especially against the good sides. They play end to end and will beat most sides fitness wise. Man City can exploit this situation by being able to sit on the ball and boss possession just like the Spaniards did to them on Wednesday. Players like Toure, Silva, Nasri, Fernandinho can keep the ball and tire Liverpool out before picking their moments to strike. Whereas the instinct in the Liverpool players is to explode forward and attack the goal at home most times. This is a problem when many players have just played big minutes in Turkey. Sterling played 120', Sturridge 105', Balotelli 82', _____Can (in centre mid) , Toure, Skrtel, Lovren and Allen all the full 120.
Your analysis is accurate, however Coutinho, Henderson will be raring to go, Lallana had some 40 Minutes only. Liverpool players are young and Ibe, Sterling, Can, Moreno and even Sturridge should not need 4 days to recover. Rodgers has also given rest these last few months to players like Lallana, Sterling, Can sometimes due to injuries but at times to preserve them. Mental aspect can play a part with the Barca defeat of City on home turf and their uphill imminent battle at the Nou Camp. City could get a point in my view not all three. Kompany and Demichelis could suffer with the infernal trio Sturrige, Coutinho, Sterling and I would back a Liverpool win if I had to choose.

Re: Liverpool - Manchester City > Sunday March 1st I take your point Captkirk. A fair analysis. However on the subject of fatigue and the time to recover. I do not believe it's as simple as stating that young players, whether it be Liverpool or any other top club, should not need 4 days to recover. In Liverpool's case they have less than three. Big Sam put it out there not so long ago that he sees it as a huge boost when his team have had a week off and the opposition have not. The modern game is high octane sport and will certainly take it's toll over 90 minutes let alone 120. Add the travel fatigue and less than three days to the next game is certainly not ideal. I have to concur with the view that fatigue will have an effect here and the more rested City will have the advantage. I often made a fair few quid on a Sunday opposing Spurs after an away day in Europe. They certainly perpetuated the myth that midweek games did you little favour on the following weekend.

Your analysis is accurate, however Coutinho, Henderson will be raring to go, Lallana had some 40 Minutes only. Liverpool players are young and Ibe, Sterling, Can, Moreno and even Sturridge should not need 4 days to recover. Rodgers has also given rest these last few months to players like Lallana, Sterling, Can sometimes due to injuries but at times to preserve them. Mental aspect can play a part with the Barca defeat of City on home turf and their uphill imminent battle at the Nou Camp. City could get a point in my view not all three. Kompany and Demichelis could suffer with the infernal trio Sturrige, Coutinho, Sterling and I would back a Liverpool win if I had to choose.
It's not just playing time that has to be looked at though. They had to travel to Turkey, 5 hour flight, then play 120 minutes of gruelling football, and then get knocked out on penos which won't do morale a lot of favours. The 2 days extra rest and no travelling could be a big advantage to City here, especially with a fully fit and rested Yaya Toure to come back into the team.

I agree, performance does go down if they play too often but I don't really see it as a massive disadvantage. Sterling had a decent break over Christmas and Sturridge needs the minutes to get back up to speed, won't be an issue for the defenders and Henderson, Markovic, Coutinho were rested. They will be well up for this, there is no way I would back City in this game against such a good home side. If I had to pick I would go for a draw, City generally don't beat the top sides away. Remember they asked Matt Le Tissier on Soccer Saturday recently if the tough winter schedule was difficult in England when the games every few days he said 'no I loved it you didn't have to train, just turn up and play!' Don't think too much prep is needed for this game they know each other well and although recovery time isn't ideal the players have the experience of a very similar programme over Christmas. It might be a bigger factor than I think, just my opinion.

Re: Liverpool - Manchester City > Sunday March 1st No way Liverpool will be 100% ready for this, regardless of the few players that they rested...3-4 fresh players aren't enough at this level. The game in Turkey was both physical and emotional exhaustion for many players, and it will certainly make impact on the team, i would be surprised if Liverpool win this.

Re: Liverpool - Manchester City > Sunday March 1st Premier League : Liverpool - Manchester City We opposed Liverpool in Istanbul on Thursday (preview is reproduced under the "good luck" sign off), where they played extra time and lost a penalty shoot out, City played at home on Tuesday and that means at least 50 + hours longer recovery time and that might well prove decisive given that the hosts have already played more games than they did in the whole of last season. Bredan Rodgers spoke about this and said his team would give everything to win this game, despite the disappointment and fatigue from midweek. Philippe Coutinho will be fit to return and the hosts will be able to freshen up and name a stronger line up, but the same is true of City , who will get Yaya Toure back from suspension and have Wilfried Bony ready to start if required.The visitors have scored two or more goals in their last six league starts against Liverpool, including in their last two and three of five trips to Anfield, but have not won any, posting two 2-2 draws and a 3-2 defeat. A point is not going to help their title aims too much, already trailing Chelsea by five points and they will surely come only interested in the three points. Chelsea, Arsenal Leicester City and Tottenham have all scored twice at Anfield this season, we backed three of those to do so and teams who come here with the intention to attack will get chances to score, if you can find the 1.90-2.0 for City to go "over" 1.5 goals , I suggest you take it for 1.5 units. I am torn between City and the "over" 3 goal line for my main selection, both are priced similarly, but given City's penchant for 2-2 draws and given that four of Pool's last five home starts have produced four or more goals and that the hosts have scored at least twice in their last five EPL games at Anfield, I will go with goals. 1.5 units "over" 3 goals 2.26 asian line/Sportmarket.

Re: Liverpool - Manchester City > Sunday March 1st Coral offers odds=6 (!!!) on the Yaya to score.... It is quite strange. I don't know whether it is real odd (I don't use this bookie) but in my opinion he probably can score today. Fair odds is 3-4 in my opinion. If someone want to check it please do it. Also Aguero must score if we wait away victory here. So the odd=2.4 in Ladbrokes also looks great! ManCity probably will win today with good score - 0-3 maybe, I expect here some kind of "sensation". But for me it will be obvious. All dependce on the first goal... Of City score within first 20-30 minutes - my forecast can happen.

I don't see what relevance the views on fitness of Matt Le Tissier (someone who was unfit and playing for a bottom-five club twenty years ago) have on a top-of-the-table clash in 2015? Surely you'd struggle to find someone with a more irrelevant opinion on fitness than that?
The Le Tiss quote just came to mind when I was thinking about the limited time between games. It has nothing to do with fitness, every EPL player is very fit they have to be, its about recovery time. Point being only having a couple of days between games is not necessarily a big problem imo. Liverpool certainly don't look to be struggling to me yet.

Lpool-Man city BTTS-YEs & over 2.5 @ evens with bet365 This game appears to be very important for both clubs.Lpool head into the game after a heavy defeat in Istanbul after 120 mins of play and penalty shoot out.We saw how bad they looked once again without Steven Gerrad who is the link between the defence and the attack.It's true that he is 34 but he still can play at least a 45 mins at his best tempo so i cannot see why BR is ignoring him that much.Anyhow,they are chasing the top 4 and they must be keen to perform better after such a heavy defeat.Man city are trying to win the league title again but are 5 points behind Chelsea.The Citizens were defeated on Tuesday as we expected and a defeat at ''Anfield'' will put them under a great pressure.The Merseysides were on a decent run before the lose came so it will be interesting to see how will they react to it.They look like they are bringing their self-esteem back with Sturridge in the squad but they will have a very diffuclt test to pass on Sunday.These two teams have a history full of goals and given the current situation and both teams results so far in the campaign i can't see neither of them keeping a clean sheet.Both defences are realtively leaky these days which should be another plus for this bet.
81''st 2:1 :ok

Pellegrini should resign immediately.
I am real pissed with him today. He got his tactics wrong for the 2nd time this week ! What for he sub out Dzeko for Milner ? He should have sub out Nasri for Milner since Nasri was so off form today. Then later he sub in Bony and Lampard. What is he even thinking about ?

I am real pissed with him today. He got his tactics wrong for the 2nd time this week ! What for he sub out Dzeko for Milner ? He should have sub out Nasri for Milner since Nasri was so off form today. Then later he sub in Bony and Lampard. What is he even thinking about ?
He's been doing it since two years, not only two weeks. He had fielded a team against Barcelona like Manchester City is Levante or another small team. He should realize that he has a HUGE squad! I am sick of seing Milner in this team, he should have taken Nasri off and bring Navas in, for Dzeko , Bony and for Yaya Toure (whos totally out of form) Lampard. A team like Manchester City simply can't play in a defensive formation or shortly like pussies!

Re: Liverpool - Manchester City > Sunday March 1st In the second half City just sat in their box and just kept turning possession over to Liverpool over and over. It was amazing. Then finally Coutinho obliged with that finish to capitalise on all the field position they were being gifted. City looked limp for a huge period and were really begging for punishment in that match. Agree with above posters Pellegrini needs to leave now.

Re: Liverpool - Manchester City > Sunday March 1st City were very very disappointing in all areas today. I backed them to win this match, and I can't believe how poor they were against a Liverpool team who should have been tired after a Europa League outing. Utterly shocking stuff. And this is a very disappointing match for English football. It kills the premiership title race stone dead and even threatens to allow Liverpool to embarrass the UK in the Champions League again next season. A bad day for me.

He's been doing it since two years' date=' not only two weeks. He had fielded a team against Barcelona like Manchester City is Levante or another small team. He should realize that he has a HUGE squad! I am sick of seing Milner in this team, he should have taken Nasri off and bring Navas in, for Dzeko , Bony and for Yaya Toure (whos totally out of form) Lampard. A team like Manchester City simply can't play in a defensive formation or shortly like pussies![/quote'] 2 years, yes. The team's defense under Mancini was much better than now. It is quite absurd that he chooses to get another striker instead of some proper centre-back and a proper sub for Yaya Toure. I am sure Bony will fail in Man City. Ah yes, I left out Navas. Yes, sub out a striker for a midfielder and then sub a midfielder out for a striker (or something like that). Shows how screwed up his tactic was. I think Yaya Toure doesn't want to play for the team already. I mean, for this whole season he doesn't seem to play whole heartedly at all, comparing it with previous seasons in the team.

In the second half City just sat in their box and just kept turning possession over to Liverpool over and over. It was amazing. Then finally Coutinho obliged with that finish to capitalise on all the field position they were being gifted. City looked limp for a huge period and were really begging for punishment in that match. Agree with above posters Pellegrini needs to leave now.
He is getting more and more clueless perhaps ? I recall Mancini used to implement 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 iirc for Man City.

Re: Liverpool - Manchester City > Sunday March 1st Think part of the problem is their transfer policy. When you sign players like Silva, Yaya and Aguero you are making a real statement, now they are signing players like Bony, Mangela and Fernando. These are still being signed for big money but aren't of the required standard to make an impact at the very top levels of the game - they are decent players but not Champions League semi-final decent. They are mainly filler players, contrast those signings with Fabregas and Costa which gave everyone at Chelsea a massive boost before a ball had been kicked. Yesterday felt like a big moment in the title race, if Chelsea win their game in hand 8 points looks like a big lead at this stage of the season.

Think part of the problem is their transfer policy. When you sign players like Silva, Yaya and Aguero you are making a real statement, now they are signing players like Bony, Mangela and Fernando. These are still being signed for big money but aren't of the required standard to make an impact at the very top levels of the game - they are decent players but not Champions League semi-final decent. They are mainly filler players, contrast those signings with Fabregas and Costa which gave everyone at Chelsea a massive boost before a ball had been kicked. Yesterday felt like a big moment in the title race, if Chelsea win their game in hand 8 points looks like a big lead at this stage of the season.
So therefore, a couple of real poor transfer I guess ? Mangala and Fernando has not make any impact yet other than Mangala getting red cards and own goals, for example. Bony is an unreasonable signing. The title will go to Chelsea already. Not every season is like the 2011-12 where the opponent throw away 8 points and the title decider went down to goal difference... Ironically, Pellegrini has the highest win rate among all the City's managers

Yesterday felt like a big moment in the title race' date=' if Chelsea win their game in hand 8 points looks like a big lead at this stage of the season.[/quote'] Arguably, City's defeat yesterday was more important to Chelsea than winning the League Cup.