** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FC Bayern München v Shakhtar Donetsk > Wednesday March 11th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Bayern München v Shakhtar Donetsk (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.22[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]16[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: FC Bayern München v Shakhtar Donetsk > Wednesday March 11th 4pts Over 3 goals 1.95 BetVictor The way this tie is set up now I think we’re going to see some goals in this second leg. If Shakhtar find the net Bayern have to score twice and you have to assume that won’t be lost on the side from Ukraine. That said even one goal might not be enough for them the way Bayern are playing right now. I expected the first leg to be high scoring but the lack of atmosphere may have contributed to that. I definitely think we’ll get goals here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bayern-munich-vs-shakhtar-donetsk-betting-second-leg-should-be-full-of-goals

Re: FC Bayern München v Shakhtar Donetsk > Wednesday March 11th yeah but to be frank with you guys Bayern is always mad during second leg games and believe me they will finish Shaktar. Expect the scoreline to be 2-1 or 3-1 in this game.The same happened when Bayern met CSK Moscow last season.Bayern always has a hands down on Russian teams when playing home so guys just relax and bet on my scoreline.The Russians have good home support when it comes to champions leagues that was why the scoreline was 0-0 but if Bayern plays draw in away with such teams they always win them over the home soil. Thanks.

Re: FC Bayern München v Shakhtar Donetsk > Wednesday March 11th Shakhtar are from Ukraine not Russia. I watched the first leg and Bayern should have won, although after the sending off they were pretty happy to take the 0-0. You would expect Bayern to finish them off fairly comfortably but the odds don't really reflect the quality difference, looking at the prices you would think they are playing against a second division side.

Re: FC Bayern München v Shakhtar Donetsk > Wednesday March 11th

yeah but to be frank with you guys Bayern is always mad during second leg games and believe me they will finish Shaktar. Expect the scoreline to be 2-1 or 3-1 in this game.The same happened when Bayern met CSK Moscow last season.Bayern always has a hands down on Russian teams when playing home so guys just relax and bet on my scoreline.The Russians have good home support when it comes to champions leagues that was why the scoreline was 0-0 but if Bayern plays draw in away with such teams they always win them over the home soil. Thanks.
Shakhtar are from Ukraine, not Russia :). I just checked Bayern's record in the CL against Russian and Ukrainian sides (on soccerway). They've played CSKA Moscow twice and Spartak Moscow. Bayern won all three home games, and two of the three away games, drawing the other at Spartak Moscow. They won the home games 4-0, 3-0 and 3-0. In Russia, the scores were 2-2, 1-3 and 0-1, so Bayern's home results were noticeably more impressive.

Re: FC Bayern München v Shakhtar Donetsk > Wednesday March 11th

wow those odds on shakhtar considering the first leg result. i have seen them as high as 21/1. surely some kind of handicap on them is worth a bet.
That was my reaction too. Shakhtar are a class team. But of course Bayern are probably a class above even sides like Shakhtar. And they tend to do well against sides from that part of the world at home. My feeling is Bayern should win by, say 2 or 3 goals, which is more or less where the handicap line is set, so I'm not so sure about that value. In Shakhtar's favour, 0-0 is quite a good scoreline to have from the first leg, because a score draw would be enough for them. And their shots on target stats from the group stage were similar to Bayern's. No bet for me.

Re: FC Bayern München v Shakhtar Donetsk > Wednesday March 11th bayern obviously has home advantage but maybe shakhtar can hold them to half time draw. they don't need to force the game on them and can just sit back defending and close the gaps. its easier said than done but i'm looking at some potential half time bets