** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Chelsea v Paris Saint-Germain > Wednesday March 11th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chelsea v Paris Saint-Germain (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Chelsea v Paris Saint-Germain > Wednesday March 11th Chelsea-PSG PSG +0.5 @ evens and a small put on 1:2 Correct Score @ 15 both with bet365 Ok,i will be the first to say that i was very disappointed with Chelsea last night.They looked toothless to me upfront,unorganized at the back and before Hazard opened the score WH had a few good chances to score which were wasted by Sakho.If they play like this on Wednesday they will get hammered.'The Blues'were totally outplayed in Paris in the reversed fixture.They were defending deeply in their own half with PSG attacking and only pure luck saved their as*es.I can't see something different this time.Thy will no doubt park the bus,trying not to lose again,relying only on counter-attacks.Mourinho has an impressive record in CL,as well as at home but it can't last any longer.PSG are far superior in my eyes,playing attractive and passing game and if Chelsea leave so much open spaces at the back they will no doubt be punished.1.85 doesn't interest me at all and i think the value is certainly on the AW.The only difference will be that there will be more Uk fans that French one's and it is a funny thing that Moruinho doesn't give a rat's ass about attacking as far as they don't concede.Chelsea might be the top side in Uk but when it comes to CL games i think they are not ready yet and it is very possible to remain that way while Mourinho is in charge.PSG were the better side in the 1st leg agains Chelsea,yesterday they won 2:0 against Monaco eliminating them,they are still in the fight for the league title so nothing suggests Chelsea should be that heavy favourites at 'Stamford Bridge'.

Re: Chelsea v Paris Saint-Germain > Wednesday March 11th

Chelsea-PSG PSG +0.5 @ evens and a small put on 1:2 Correct Score @ 15 both with bet365 Ok,i will be the first to say that i was very disappointed with Chelsea last night.They looked toothless to me upfront,unorganized at the back and before Hazard opened the score WH had a few good chances to score which were wasted by Sakho.If they play like this on Wednesday they will get hammered.'The Blues'were totally outplayed in Paris in the reversed fixture.They were defending deeply in their own half with PSG attacking and only pure luck saved their as*es.I can't see something different this time.Thy will no doubt park the bus,trying not to lose again,relying only on counter-attacks.Mourinho has an impressive record in CL,as well as at home but it can't last any longer.PSG are far superior in my eyes,playing attractive and passing game and if Chelsea leave so much open spaces at the back they will no doubt be punished.1.85 doesn't interest me at all and i think the value is certainly on the AW.The only difference will be that there will be more Uk fans that French one's and it is a funny thing that Moruinho doesn't give a rat's ass about attacking as far as they don't concede.Chelsea might be the top side in Uk but when it comes to CL games i think they are not ready yet and it is very possible to remain that way while Mourinho is in charge.PSG were the better side in the 1st leg agains Chelsea,yesterday they won 2:0 against Monaco eliminating them,they are still in the fight for the league title so nothing suggests Chelsea should be that heavy favourites at 'Stamford Bridge'.
In the West Ham match, Chelsea were away. In the Monaco win PSG were at home. Now PSG have to go to London. In Ligue 1, their away record is 5-7-2. If PSG draw 2-2 in Paris against Caen and then away to Guingamp and Bastia lose 1-0 and 4-2 respectively, how can you trumpet PSG so confidently? How many times this season have they gone away to little nothing teams to collect an easy 3 point and the score is always 1-1? Paris will be kicking themselves that they missed those opportunities during their dominant second half in France to put Chelsea to the sword, but in London the game will be harder for them than in the first leg. Also why are you saying Mourinho doesn't care about scoring as long as he doesn't concede. Do you think he feels comfortable with an away goal and is playing for 0-0? Or are you just implying Mourinho is a fool? Will he play like that? I don't think so.

Re: Chelsea v Paris Saint-Germain > Wednesday March 11th Chelsea -0.5 Chelsea surely have to score at least once just to be on the safe side. They may have the away goal but to just defend that single goal is suicidal. I won't be too surprised to see an open game at the start considering a single goal won't change things too much for either side. In cup competitions, I will have to go with Mourinho side to win this game. Like the LC finals against Spurs, they will probably allow PSG to come at them but will pick them off with their counter and the limited chances that they create. Chelsea also receive a big boost with Matic being available to play after an injury scare.

In the West Ham match' date=' Chelsea were [b']away. In the Monaco win PSG were at home. Now PSG have to go to London. In Ligue 1, their away record is 5-7-2. If PSG draw 2-2 in Paris against Caen and then away to Guingamp and Bastia lose 1-0 and 4-2 respectively, how can you trumpet PSG so confidently? How many times this season have they gone away to little nothing teams to collect an easy 3 point and the score is always 1-1? Paris will be kicking themselves that they missed those opportunities during their dominant second half in France to put Chelsea to the sword, but in London the game will be harder for them than in the first leg. Also why are you saying Mourinho doesn't care about scoring as long as he doesn't concede. Do you think he feels comfortable with an away goal and is playing for 0-0? Or are you just implying Mourinho is a fool? Will he play like that? I don't think so.
I haven't seen Mourinho's team attacking for a long time(i mean Chelsea,Inter, and Real Madrid when they were coached by him).Maybe some times but on really rare occasions.I remember when Man City visisted Chelsea about a month ago 'The Blues'didn't even try to get out of the penalty area.I remember how Inter approached the game against Barca when were couched by Mourinho.I remember the final between Real and Atletico.I think the same will happen on Wednesday night.Mourinho will park the bus trying not to concede hitting on counter.I really trust PSG when both Zlatan and Cavani are on the field and seeing how shaky and unreliable Chelsea looked at the back against WH i cannot imagine them stopping The French.Of course i may be wrong but still i don't trust Mourinho's team.

Chelsea-PSG PSG +0.5 @ evens and a small put on 1:2 Correct Score @ 15 both with bet365 Ok,i will be the first to say that i was very disappointed with Chelsea last night.They looked toothless to me upfront,unorganized at the back and before Hazard opened the score WH had a few good chances to score which were wasted by Sakho.If they play like this on Wednesday they will get hammered.'The Blues'were totally outplayed in Paris in the reversed fixture.They were defending deeply in their own half with PSG attacking and only pure luck saved their as*es.I can't see something different this time.Thy will no doubt park the bus,trying not to lose again,relying only on counter-attacks.Mourinho has an impressive record in CL,as well as at home but it can't last any longer.PSG are far superior in my eyes,playing attractive and passing game and if Chelsea leave so much open spaces at the back they will no doubt be punished.1.85 doesn't interest me at all and i think the value is certainly on the AW.The only difference will be that there will be more Uk fans that French one's and it is a funny thing that Moruinho doesn't give a rat's ass about attacking as far as they don't concede.Chelsea might be the top side in Uk but when it comes to CL games i think they are not ready yet and it is very possible to remain that way while Mourinho is in charge.PSG were the better side in the 1st leg agains Chelsea,yesterday they won 2:0 against Monaco eliminating them,they are still in the fight for the league title so nothing suggests Chelsea should be that heavy favourites at 'Stamford Bridge'.
Its an interesting one and I can see where you are coming from. Think you are overlooking the major factor in the game, which is that Chelsea away and Chelsea home are totally different sides, and PSG home and PSG away are totally different sides. One factor is that Chelsea have a full week to prepare for the game, they looked knackered the other night and Upton Park is generally a difficult game for the big boys particularly after the cup final a few days prior, Matic was obviously missed as Terry was exposed to the pace of the forwards without the best DM in the league in front of him they looked vulnerable. PSG had a league game on Sat. The away result was pretty good for Chelsea as PSG are very much stronger at home, we saw that last year when they won the home leg 3-1 but still went out, I would debate that this side isn't looking much stronger than that one. The first leg was a typical Mourinho Europe away game, cautious and defensive. Their away results haven't generally been very good 2 wins in the last 8 games, looking at just knockout games last season they didn't win one - Galatasaray drew 1-1 (home leg won 2-0), PSG lost 3-1 (home leg won 2-0), Atletico drew 0-0 (home leg lost 3-1). I don't class PSG as a top level side as they can't get past anyone decent over two legs and their away form is poor, even this season they only won 1 of 3 with an 87th minute goal against APOEL, drawing with an average Ajax side 1-1 and losing to Barca 3-1. Mourinho is a very clever coach and his record in knockout comps is very good. It takes a very good side to beat Chelsea at home, I don't think PSG are good enough at the back and still have a few players missing.

Re: Chelsea v Paris Saint-Germain > Wednesday March 11th 4pts Chelsea to beat PSG Evs William Hill I don’t think this will be all one way traffic but I do think Chelsea are worthy favourites here. Their home record is so very strong under Jose Mourinho and that is no fluke and while PSG offer up plenty of danger going forward you would think Chelsea can get at their defence and in Hazard and Costa have the players to send the Blues into the quarter final via a second leg win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chelsea-vs-psg-betting-chelsea-can-edge-out-psg-to-make-the-last-eight

Re: Chelsea v Paris Saint-Germain > Wednesday March 11th Chelsea has a big history when it comes to return legs at home soil.Look no matter what is the case they won't lose at home considering the kind of strikers and coach they have now.Expect 3-0 or 2-1 as the scoreline.

3-0 is pretty crazy. I will expect Chelsea to shut up shop if they managed to score 2 and have yet to concede.
If it remains 11 v 11 I doubt either side will run away with it. PSG showed in the first leg that they are unlikely to be dominated physically, I thought the ref was very lenient as Hazard particularly was getting kicked all over the place - don't expect that to be the same here. Think Mourinho might play Ramieres in midfield as it doesn't look like the kind of game Oscar does well in and his performances have been poor lately, Fabregas will probably be pushed further forward with Hazard and Willian either side. Expect a physical game with Matic and Ramieres locking horns with David Luiz (likely to be def midfielder again), Matuidi (or Motta) and the energetic Veratti - who on another day would have been sent off in the first game. Will be interesting to see how Mourinho approaches it, last year they had to attack as they were two goals down, the first game was a decent result but doesn't mean they can sit back and look to counter attack.

Re: Chelsea v Paris Saint-Germain > Wednesday March 11th blanc is desperate to progress in this competition and ibrahimovic will also be motivated as he wants to win champions league. the motivation is clearly with psg and they were better in the first match and could have won it by few goals. i think mourinho is better coach and chelsea have got good quality but i don't think this will be straightforward match for chelsea as psg will arrive confident and attack minded. i am confident backing both teams to score and even 2-2 scoreline mainly because psg will not hold back but throw everything at chelsea. should either team get on the scoresheet early i think this should come in fairly quickly.

You should expect an entirely forgettable opening 45 minutes which will be scoreless. Second half will start off as cagey as the first and seemingly go nowhere. Then on around 70 minutes PSG will finally start to really open up and go for it, and Chelsea will have a few chances on the counter attack. It's only now that we can expect a goal or two to maybe force extra time.
My problem with this is PSG must score at least once here. So by your thinking, you are assuming PSG will only really give themselves the opportunity to score for 20 out of 90 mins? Why would they handicap themselves so heavily?

I think Chelsea is highly over-estimated. I am pretty sure that PSG will score against this vulnerable Chelsea, and very likely, at least two goals. And Chelsea, may not even score, or, at most one goal. Here is my detailed preview: https://analysisandpreview.wordpress.com/
Nice preview :ok

I think Chelsea is highly over-estimated. I am pretty sure that PSG will score against this vulnerable Chelsea, and very likely, at least two goals. And Chelsea, may not even score, or, at most one goal. Here is my detailed preview: https://analysisandpreview.wordpress.com/
I have a couple of comments. Firstly I wouldn't overestimate the effect of Ibra, in 7 CL games against Mourinho he has 0 goals and 0 assists, he was taken off early in 3 of those games. The defensive problems Chelsea had in the first leg were not helped by playing an inexperienced defender in front of the back 4, with Matic back and playing alongside Ramieres (probably) they should have a lot more protection. I think you are perhaps being a bit harsh on Cahill whose form in recent games has been much better, him and Terry are well suited to play against Ibra. There is no argument that the form of Fabregas and Oscar has dropped, the stats tell us as much. Both are making less assists, crosses and Oscar isn't scoring goals - both are suffering from fatigue, Mourinho has said similar. This is certainly not helping Costa as much of the time he is feeding off scraps, I don't really feel Costa's form has been that bad since the ban but the service he is getting hasn't been that good, he needs a good performance in the CL as there hasn't been one this season. As much as you can praise David Luiz for his performance, it was his poor marking that allowed Chelsea to score - a recurring theme when he is asked to defend. He does look impressive when he is spraying the ball around and can play on the front foot as he did in the first leg, but his defensive awareness is crap. It will be interesting to see how he performs when his side are on the back foot, I doubt if he will be playing in front of the back 4 tonight now they have players back? Again I don't think home and away form has been considered enough and it is the major factor in the game, Chelsea are as poor away in the CL as PSG are. PSG's record in England is played 5 won 0 drawn 2 lost 3, scored 0 conceded 5. Their away performances this season have been just as poor. The stats speak for themselves at this stage of the competition - 2013/14 100% of the sides playing at home in the second leg went through, 2012/13 75%, 2011/12 75%. This is weighted by the established powerhouses being at home in the second leg but is a fair guide. I would be staggered if PSG are as good in this leg as they were in the first, the ref will certainly not be as lenient. I can see set pieces being a big factor probably at both ends. I will be watching the game and if it is tight 30 minutes in I will have a play on 'next goal scored - header' which is generally 4.5-5.0 on bet365. Both goals in the first leg were headers and with Chelsea struggling for creativity and PSG being strong in the air too I can see this being the main route to goal again.

Re: Chelsea v Paris Saint-Germain > Wednesday March 11th Looking at Mourinho's home record in the Champions League knock-out matches, Chelsea DNB seems as secure a bet as you'll find. It takes a very special team to beat a Mourinho team at home in a Champions League knock-out match - Rijkaard's Barca in 2006, Guardiola's Barca in 2011 and Simeone's Atletico last year. PSG surely don't fit into that category.

Re: Chelsea v Paris Saint-Germain > Wednesday March 11th Don't be so sure on the unders because it may not end well for you.Both teams have shown difficulties when it comes to defending and i won't be suprised to sea high-scoring draw-let's say 2:2 for example.An early goal for any of the teams will mean that the another one must open up a bit which could lead to a few goals so i think there is no value on the unders

Re: Chelsea v Paris Saint-Germain > Wednesday March 11th Mourinho's record in the Champions League after a 1-1 draw in the first match: 2007 Chelsea - Porto 2-1 2007 Valencia - Chelsea 1-2 (first match was in London) 2011 Real - Lyon 3-0 2012 Real - CSKA 4-1 2013 Manchester United - Real 1-2 (first match was in Madrid) 2014 Chelsea - Galatasaray 2-0

My expectation is the odds on under 2.5 goals will have more than halved within 15 minutes.
It will depend on how the match is going. But I think the odds are pretty unlikely to halve within 15 minutes.

Re: Chelsea v Paris Saint-Germain > Wednesday March 11th Mou said that players of psg are very agressive in fouls. I belive that motivation will not be problem so i think that will be a lot of fouls and cards special in second half. So live bet on cards is fix for me if I get line somewhere 4,5 or 3,5 for good odds

Re: Chelsea v Paris Saint-Germain > Wednesday March 11th I think an important factor in this game is the balance of the 'away goals'. Starting at 1-1 from the first game in Paris, Chelsea have the advantage because they have one away goal. If Paris manage to score and Chelsea have scored either 0 or 1 goal tonight, Paris have the edge, because both sides will then have one away goal, and they know that any goal Paris score counts for more than a Chelsea one, as a Paris goal is an extra 'away goal'. So I think Chelsea will work hard to deny Paris that away goal for as long as possible. If the score is, say, 1-1 after 30 minutes, Paris have the advantage.

Re: Chelsea v Paris Saint-Germain > Wednesday March 11th With all the respect to Blanc and PSG, i think they are a lot inferior in gameplan, and they play in a very lower level of ligue; Mourinho is the king of the foxes and will not let guest have the control of the game, for me the key will be first half where i can see an attackin Chelsea or at least a lot of pressing to retain possession of the ball; but this is only a point of view of mine, because Mou can also play the opposite, but I suppose it is to risky because if you give possession away and PSG score a goal , i see Chelsea in a very Dangerous situations. He will play very phisical with Oscar on bench and sure with Matic Ramires, Verratti will have a lot of space because Matic will not leave a lot of space for Ibra, so Lavezzi will also try a lot to put pressure on Chelsea defence. Odds on 1 sign are rising massively, probably because people think that PSG has to do the match. For me Chelsea is the candidate nr 1 with Bayern to win the Champions League, and I see them through at the end of regular time