** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

ICC World Cup 2015 - Match betting

kevshat

Re: ICC World Cup 2015 - Match betting Pak vs Ire Shahid Afridi 41pts & over bet365 Crunch game for Ireland and the way the Irish batsmen fell to India's spin duo of Ashwin and Jadeja makes me think SA could be a handful with his rapid leg spin, won't rely on turn but it's his subtle variations , the slider etc that could fox the Irish, with the bat, depending on the match situation, he might be bumped up the order from 7 in the search of quick runs, any catches would be a welcome bonus too.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ICC World Cup 2015 - Match betting Quarter final 1 preview: 4pts Sri Lanka to beat South Africa 2/1 Betfred There is no doubt the value lies with Sri Lanka in this match. They have two of the top four batsmen in the tournament in terms of runs scored and you get the feeling they will definitely turn up with the bat. If Sri Lanka can bat first they will have a huge advantage. We’ve seen South Africa fail badly when chasing twice in this tournament already in games which have had almost nothing on them. With the pressure on here we can only expect them to struggle again if chasing. This match could almost be settled by the toss but I’d fancy Sri Lanka to chase something more than I would South Africa so it is the Asian side for me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-south-africa-betting-sri-lanka-s-batting-looks-more-reliable-in-opening-quarter-final

Re: ICC World Cup 2015 - Match betting Quarter final 2 preview: 4pts Under 6.5 sixes 4/5 Ladbrokes One thing you can almost guarantee on this ground is a shortage of sixes. The boundaries at the Melbourne Cricket Ground are as big as you will find anywhere and so far in this tournament we have seen 342 play 231 with five sixes, 307 play 177 with five sixes and 332 play 240 with four sixes so although scores can be high here the boundaries are notoriously tough to clear. With nerves and tension getting higher now we’re in knockout cricket I expect the boundaries to remain every bit as elusive as usual. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-bangladesh-betting-boundaries-can-remain-elusive-in-the-second-quarter-final

Re: ICC World Cup 2015 - Match betting Sri Lanka Versus South Africa Sri Lanka over 24.5 4's @5/6 (paddypower) I quite like all the bets involving 4's in this match. Total S.Africa 4's over 25.5, total 4's over 50.5. But I will take the Sri Lanka bet. Sri Lanka will get a chance to cover this line whether they bat 1st or 2nd. They have a lot of classy stroke players that tend to go for 4's rather than 6's. They scored 34 4's on this ground in their defeat to Australia and only for the retiree would have given Australia a right scare. I think they will have no problem using the pace of the South Africans to rack up more than 24 4's here.

Re: ICC World Cup 2015 - Match betting QF3 preview: 4pts Over 15.5 wides 5/6 Coral Watching these two sides throughout the pool matches and one thing because obvious with them both – they both bowl plenty of wides. Australia made double figures in three of their five matches and eight in another. Pakistan made double figures in four of their six matches and had South Africa had 50 overs to bat they would have made it there too. Put the two records together and we should expect to see more than 15.5 wides here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-pakistan-betting-wides-can-be-a-feature-of-the-third-quarter-final

Re: ICC World Cup 2015 - Match betting Australia vs Pakistan David Warner Top runscorer 11/4 paddy power He has a great record at Adelaide I know that the wicket might be a bit green but I feel he is playing well enough to get a good score Australia specials David Warner Top Tournament runscorer 50/1 paddy power If Australia get to the final then he has to score big so at this price I think it is worth a bet with three matches to go he has a chance to be top scorer of the tournament

Re: ICC World Cup 2015 - Match betting QF4 preview: 4pts Over 12.5 sixes 10/11 Ladbrokes This quarter final could be anything and it probably all depends on how the West Indies perform. Their top order could get blown away or they could show up and make a real match of this. Either way I’m expecting to see more sixes than we’ve seen so far on this ground in the tournament purely because of the way the West Indies play their cricket. They hit big and bowl a length that can go miles so I’m expecting plenty of sixes here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-west-indies-betting-wellington-s-tiny-boundaries-likely-to-be-peppered

Re: ICC World Cup 2015 - Match betting Semi final 1 preview: 4pts 13 or more sixes 5/6 Bet365 This has all the makings of a real high quality semi-final and I think we will see plenty of aggression with bat and ball here. The boundaries on this ground are absolutely tiny so with the aggression on show I think we will see a number of sixes here. New Zealand’s last match had 31 sixes and while the size of the occasion may ensure we don’t see that number here given the dimensions of this ground I certainly expect to see more than a dozen. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-south-africa-betting-opening-semi-final-can-be-littered-with-sixes

Re: ICC World Cup 2015 - Match betting Well played kev! :clap I unfortunately backed the same bet with StanJames. Didn't realize they voided the bet if there were any reduced overs. Other betting companies tend to have a 20% leeway. Note to self, don't bet with StanJames for 6's bets.

Re: ICC World Cup 2015 - Match betting Cheers Sliz. Annoyingly that rain wasn't even forecast :eyes. Second semi final preview: 3pts M.Starc Top Australia Bowler 5/2 Coral India struggled against Australia before the World Cup began and I fancy them to struggle here too. Mitchell Starc has had a wonderful World Cup and in the opening match these two sides played in the tri-series a couple of months ago Starc took six wickets. He also took one of the two in Adelaide before the rain ended that one early so the left arm paceman seems to enjoy playing India. With the form he’s in and the times he bowls he’s a leading player for Australia in this huge clash. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-india-betting-mitchell-starc-can-light-up-the-second-semi-final

Re: ICC World Cup 2015 - Match betting Very frustrating to find my 6's bet voided in the 1st game . Great call Kev! I am going over 14.5 wides at 5/6 with Corals in the 2nd semi final . Pressure situation could lead to a few loose deliveries with 2 teams capable of batting their overs . Wickets in this world cup have been generally batsman friendly. 3pts stake.

Re: ICC World Cup 2015 - Match betting Semi final preview : Australia vs India Ravichandran Ashwin Top wicket taker 7/2 paddy power Top match bowler 8/1 paddy power It seems the pitch in Sydney will be take spin so he could be quite effective and his odds are pretty decent I just feel spin might decide the game as it goes along Glenn Maxwell Top wicket taker 15/2 paddy power If the pitch is spinning then he could be the difference in a match that might be tight These odds are fantastic and in these big games spin is very important

Re: ICC World Cup 2015 - Match betting Hi guys, A quick question by a newbie. How is a best bowling performance defined. It is solely by the biggest wicket-taker, is it by the least amount of runs conceded, or is by the best economy rate? Thanks in advance

Re: ICC World Cup 2015 - Match betting

Hi guys, A quick question by a newbie. How is a best bowling performance defined. It is solely by the biggest wicket-taker, is it by the least amount of runs conceded, or is by the best economy rate? Thanks in advance
The biggest Wicket-Taker

Re: ICC World Cup 2015 - Match betting Final preview: 5pts Under 9.5 sixes 8/11 Paddy Power I’ve already backed New Zealand to win this tournament and I’m not deserting them now and thankfully in terms of a bet in this final there is no need to. The best bet in this final is for there to be under 9.5 sixes. There hasn’t been anywhere near that number in the event so far and with these two bowling attacks on show there isn’t going to be that many here either I wouldn’t have thought. When these two met earlier in the tournament on the tiny Eden Park ground there were only 11 sixes so it is asking a lot for ten on the vast expanses of the MCG. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-australia-betting-world-cup-final-likely-to-be-devoid-of-sixes

Re: ICC World Cup 2015 - Match betting World cup final preview: New Zealand vs Australia Steve Smith Top runscorer 11/4 paddy power Player of the tournament 9/1 paddy power He is in the form of his life and I can see him winning the World cup for them He does not look like he is going to get out and with the pitch good for batting he can can get a big score once again