** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NBA Betting the Under Strategy Trial (DanShot)

This system involves simply betting the under on the points total in the NBA game with the lowest predicted total each night. For the purpose of this will be using Bet365. Overall Stats - This is a paper trial just testing a system Won : 8 Lose : 8 P/L : -0.8 Tonight's Selection is Pacers vs Hornets Under 183.5 @1.90

Re: NBA Betting the Under Strategy (DanShot)

I've thought about a similar strategy but mine would have been playing the under for the game with the HIGHEST over/under line each night. Can you explain the reasoning behind your strategy please?
Before I read much about betting in the NBA , I thought that the best option was to bet the Under on the highest line & Over on the lowest line however that strategy doesn't appear to bare much fruit the highest line is going to be around 217 when like's of GSW & Dallas come up against each other. Also that must be a strategy that casual customers will use as 217 just seems high for the majority of match up's but if it's 2 offense driven teams will be a different game. Therefore I believe the least comment option that the majority of casual punters will go for is the Under on the lowest predicted total , I will give warning that this is only a paper trial , just testing the idea. Last night surprisingly Pacers & Hornets finished 103-102 to smash the line and start this on a loser , let's hope this changes tonight which will probably be the match up between Heat & Knicks currently on 183

Re: NBA Betting the Under Strategy (DanShot) So for the 2nd night in a row the lowest prediction went well over the mark finishing 109-95 despite the line dropping to 180.5 when I checked closer to tip off. Still waiting on line's in a couple of games but looks like 190.5pts total for Nets vs Grizzlies wil be the lowest

Re: NBA Betting the Under Strategy (DanShot) So another loser last night this time only by a basket , as game finish 86-95 , taking losing streak in this system to 3 will keep posting the results , see what the findings are as at this rate might be prove backing against it Update : I got it wrong this bet won - so third time was a charm

So another loser last night this time only by a basket ' date=' as game finish 86-95 , taking losing streak in this system to 3 will keep posting the results , see what the findings are as at this rate might be prove backing against it[/quote'] You are wrong, the margin was 190,5 so the bet is WON :) If you think on Memphis - Brooklyn game :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is the data available to backtest this? Would be quite easy to do for the major football (soccer) leagues.
I don't know how where get the lines from also it add's a bit of fun testing it this way Tonight's Selection : Under 187pts between 76ers and Pacers

Re: NBA Betting the Under Strategy Trial (DanShot) 2nd Winner in a row , Pacers 92 Thunder 105 - 2 of the other 3 also went under including the lowest scoring Raptors/Mav's which was actually the lowest predicted earlier in the day yesterday at 204 but Thunder game dropped to 203.5

Re: NBA Betting the Under Strategy Trial (DanShot) another loser tonight , though this trial is helping me look at the lines and what is a good line or not and would picked out a few last night so for the future this exercise could be of benefit. Only 2 games tonight in what should be high scoring games , but right now the lowest line is 215.5 on GSW vs Cav's

I don't know how where get the lines from also it add's a bit of fun testing it this way Tonight's Selection : Under 187pts between 76ers and Pacers
You could get the data from here http://www.betexplorer.com/basketball/usa/nba/results/ although I think that without finding a way of scraping it you'd have to go into every game individually which would be tedious to say the least..

Re: NBA Betting the Under Strategy Trial (DanShot) Last night the lowest line would of been 184pts on Magic vs Hornets who combined for 181pts , so after 14 games we are 7 in the win section & 7 in loss section so just losing the 10% margin that the bookies taking a 5% ROI loss currently

• 2 weeks later...