** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

First Utility Super League 2015

kevshat

Re: First Utility Super League 2015 4 for me for the Magic Weekend. Off to the PL race meet shortly so no huge writeups. 4pts Hull KR to beat Hull FC 7/5 Betway For me Hull KR are the better side and with the ball players in their side this big pitch should be to their advantage. I'm not convinced Hull FC can win a high scoring match but KR definitely can. I think this will be high scoring which makes the value bet on the red half of Hull. 4pts Leeds (-2) to beat Wigan Evs BetVictor Leeds are the best team in Super League at the minute and I expect them to show why again here. Wigan have been struggling in the big matches with a young side and they took an absolute hiding in France last week. If anything Leeds are getting better and better, I expect their forwards to win the battle up front and with that the Rhinos can run out winners in the match. 3pts Catalans to beat Huddersfield 13/10 Bet365 Catalans are steadily improving and this scene is right up their street. A big pitch and a licence to entertain is perfect for them. In fairness it is for Huddersfield too although I'm not convinced their attacking players are on top form at the minute. If they are this will be a high scoring match but it is one I fancy the Dragons to win. 3pts Warrington to beat St Helens 6/5 Bet365 Warrington haven't been great this season but in the big matches they have beaten Leeds and St Helens this season already. Their wide players will love the big open spaces on this Newcastle pitch and their aggressive forwards have plenty of space to run into. St Helens have been up and down since Easter and I'm not sure wins over Widnes and Wakefield do much to convince me they are back in form. This should be a close match but the value lies with the Wolves here.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: First Utility Super League 2015 [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 4 June 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Widnes Vikings v Hull FC (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]23[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.46[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 5 June 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Hull Kingston Rovers v Castleford Tigers (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.85[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]21[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.18[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.69 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]St Helens v Salford Red Devils (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.16[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]31[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Warrington Wolves v Catalans Dragons (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.32[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]27[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 7 June 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Huddersfield Giants v Wigan Warriors (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.78[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]21[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.28[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Leeds Rhinos (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]17.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: First Utility Super League 2015 One for me today. 4pts Wigan (-4.5) to beat Huddersfield 10/11 Sportingbet Wigan looked awesome last weekend and I like the look of them today. Let's be honest Huddersfield stole a draw from the Catalans last week. Scott Dureau missed that comfortable conversion and a couple of decisions went the Giants' way. One thing that didn't go the Giants way was the injuries to Aaron Murphy and in particular Brett Ferres. The Ferres injury is a blow because Wigan have Liam Farrell back today and they're a much better side when he plays than when he doesn't. Another player the Giants are missing is full back Scott Grix and a youngster has replaced the suspended first choice in that position. With Wigan looking much closer to full strength and with the power and class they have out wide combined with the mobility in the middle I think the Warriors can come through this by at least a score if not a fair bit more.

Re: First Utility Super League 2015 [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 11 June 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.16[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]34[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.94 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 12 June 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]St Helens v Wigan Warriors (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.06[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]23[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.16[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 13 June 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Catalans Dragons v Hull FC (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.52[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]28[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 14 June 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Huddersfield Giants v Warrington Wolves (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.02[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.02[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]291.32 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Hull Kingston Rovers v Widnes Vikings (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.02[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]245.91 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Salford Red Devils (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.02[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.02[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]291.32 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: First Utility Super League 2015 One for tonight. 4pts Castleford (+16.5pts) to beat Leeds 4/5 Paddy Power This line looks a try or so too big to me. This Castleford side over the last 12-15 months or so have taken great pleasure in playing the small town role against the big city giants and I expect them to do the same tonight. That role gives them the freedom to throw the ball round and showcase their talents and I'm confident that is what they will do here. Scott Moore and Ryan Bailey have been added to their squad to give it a bit of depth and more options going into the game. Bailey in particular will be bang up for this match. Leeds have Kylie Leuluai and Joel Moon back tonight which is the reason why I think they will win but the absence of Zak Hardaker will be a blow both in attack and defence and Liam Sutcliffe didn't look at all comfortable there last week. I still expect Leeds to win the game but I think they might struggle to win it by more than 16pts on what is a perfect night for Castleford to throw the ball around and trouble them.

Re: First Utility Super League 2015 One for tonight. Very tempted by under 45.5pts too but I'll stick to this one. 5pts Wigan to beat St Helens Evs Skybet This should be an absolute belter of a game of rugby. One of the reasons why is that it will be the first time that Ben Flower has played St Helens since that infamous Grand Final incident and that adds some spice to a derby which really doesn't need any hyping up. The reason I like Wigan though is St Helens have a number of injuries here and they are in key areas. Tommy Makinson's injury is huge because Paul Wellens isn't around at the minute either and a good full back is vital in these matches not just in defence but in attack too as the defensive lines are so hard to break down. Another reason I like Wigan is there is no Luke Walsh for Saints tonight and the kicking game of both sides is going to be a big feature in this match. Saints probably will win the forward battle but Wigan defend their line so well so with the extra creativity they have in the middle of the park I'm going to take them to complete the double over St Helens after their win on Good Friday.

One for this afternoon. 5pts Salford (-10) to beat Wakefield 10/11 Boylesports I was going to leave this match alone but I'm happy to take Salford with them needing to cover only two scores. Wakefield's defence has been pathetic all season so Salford are going to put up points in this match it is just a case of how many. They may well score more than normal because Wakefield miss full back Craig Hall and Richard Owen so that back line is going to be even more exposed. Salford have flattered deceive for so long it is hard to have much faith in them long term but Logan Tompkins should give them something around the ruck which is just the platform Rangi Chase and Theo Fages need to cause havoc. That havoc can lead to Salford covering this handicap and probably win with plenty more to spare.

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] Thursday 18 June 2015 Home Draw Away BPP [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Castleford Tigers v St Helens (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]26[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.57[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] Friday 19 June 2015 Home Draw Away BPP [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Hull Kingston Rovers v Warrington Wolves (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.97[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]23[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.53[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.18[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]26[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]6.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] Saturday 20 June 2015 Home Draw Away BPP [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Catalans Dragons v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.02[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]22[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.02[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]200.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] Sunday 21 June 2015 Home Draw Away BPP [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.02[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]21[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.02[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]200.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Widnes Vikings v Huddersfield Giants (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.02[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]21[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.02[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]200.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

One for me tonight. 4pts Hull KR (+6.5) to beat Warrington 4/5 William Hill I like Hull KR tonight but the price on this handicap is enough for me to play with a little bit of safety in mind. Warrington are missing arguably their best player of the season so far in Ben Currie and that could lead to a big reshuffle for them. Anthony England is suspended too for his spitting incident and neither are ideal. Hull KR will be without Terry Campese but importantly they have Josh Mantellato in the side for this one and that is big for me. Maurice Blair might not be Terry Campese but he is good enough and Albert Kelly alongside him can be a real livewire. Hull KR have troubled some big sides at Craven Park this season, sides in better form and momentum than Warrington have so with Warrington needing two unanswered scores to cover this I'm happy to take the Robins on the handicap.

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday odds: [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Hull Kingston Rovers v Salford Red Devils (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.64[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]23[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.97[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Wednesday odds: [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Hull FC (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]23[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.47[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.14 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Thursday odds: [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.87[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]23[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.55[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Friday odds: [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Leeds Rhinos v St Helens (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.57[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]23[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.79[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday odds: [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]24[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.86 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Friday odds: [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=class: firstColumn]St Helens v Huddersfield Giants (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]23[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.79[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.71 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Sunday odds: [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Hull FC v Castleford Tigers (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.73[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]23[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.41[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Salford Red Devils v Hull Kingston Rovers (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.74[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]23[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.41[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.31 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Warrington Wolves (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]31[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.31[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Widnes Vikings v Catalans Dragons (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]23[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.38[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.91 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

St Helens (-6) to bt Castleford for a 4/10 stake @ 8/11 Saints running into top gear. Beat league leaders Leeds last time out and key man Luke Walsh in top form. Castleford going the other way and all but out of the running for the play offs. -6 my preference because teams know they have to be over 6 ahead before they can ease off towards the end due to 7 points being over a score ahead.