** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Unibet Masters 31 Jan - 1 Feb

kevshat

The Masters has moved slots and kicks off the 2015 televised events this weekend. Same format as last year. Top 16 in straight knockout. All on ITV4. Should be a good weekend with the Premier League starting next week. Draw, format and schedule here: http://www.pdc.tv/the-masters/article/1rl0xcmlnrblq1jksgntowgywx/title/2015-unibet-masters-drawschedule

Re: The Unibet Masters 31 Jan - 1 Feb Tournament preview: 2pts ew A.Lewis to win The Masters 15/2 Spreadex (1/2 1-2) The player I like this weekend is Adrian Lewis. Lewis is in a quarter with Ian White, Peter Wright and Brendan Dolan and none of them have the scoring power to live with the inaugural champion of this event so I find it hard to see Lewis not making the semi-finals at least and if he plays MVG there he often raises his game against him. Lewis’ defeat to Barneveld in the World Championship appeared to hurt his, as it should’ve have as it was a match he should have coasted through, but that may only spur him on to put that right this year. He’s back with Keith Deller now so his preparation will be spot on and given the draw he has I expect him to have a good weekend here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-masters-betting-adrian-lewis-can-reclaim-his-masters-crown-in-milton-keynes

Re: The Unibet Masters 31 Jan - 1 Feb Gary Anderson vs Andy Hamilton - Gary Anderson -4.5 @ anything above evens (bet365, betfair and boylesports). Small stake. These two couldn't be coming into the match in much more different form. Anderson has had the best year of his career, becoming World Champion this month and is the best player in the world at the moment. Whereas Hamilton has looked poor for a decent while on tv now, being eliminated in the first round of all but two majors in 2014. I think this may be the last season we hear of Andy Hamilton, unless he rapidly sorts his game out - something which has not looked likely yet given his two European Tour qualifiers to open 2015. On the extremal case, this bet's equivalent to Anderson holding everything and breaking two/three times in Hamilton's first seven/eight legs (depending on who wins the bull). I think the bet is decent at evens.

Re: The Unibet Masters 31 Jan - 1 Feb Peter Wright -1.5 legs to beat Brendan Dolan @ 8/11 bet365 I like Wright here, and fancy him to win well. He scores better and finishes better than Dolan, you see Dolan throw very poor legs at times and Wright will be there to capitalize every time! 10-8 win for Wright or better looks good. Gary Anderson most 180s v Andy Hamilton @ 2/5 bet365 Anderson is the World Champion and in the form of his like, Hamilton struggling big time. I expect a comfortable victory here, and he should literally "hammer" him on the big scores count. Chisnall v Thornton over 10.5 match 180s @ 11/10 bet365 Massive 180 hitters, in a game that could quite easily go all the way and use the full 19 legs.... You have to fancy them hitting 10 between them, 10 each wouldn't even be absurd!

Re: The Unibet Masters 31 Jan - 1 Feb [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 31 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wright, P v Dolan, B (12:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.58[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Thornton, R v Chisnall, D (13:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Lewis, A v White, I (14:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.67 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Whitlock, S v van Barneveld, R (15:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.42[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.67[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wade, J v King, M (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.46[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Taylor, P v Jenkins, T (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.21[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Anderson, G v Hamilton, A (21:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.16[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]van Gerwen, M v Newton, W (22:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.12[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: The Unibet Masters 31 Jan - 1 Feb Saturday afternoon previews: 4pts P.Wright (-1.5 legs) to beat B.Dolan 4/5 Unibet I’m not as convinced by Wright going into this match as I was 12 months or so ago but I still think he’ll be too good for Dolan. In many ways these two are similar players. Both score steadily and solidly without the eye catching spark others have and both are generally decent enough on their doubles. I think the difference will be that Wright can sustain his scoring for longer and that can see him through with a bit to spare. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wright-vs-dolan-betting-peter-wright-should-have-enough-to-dispose-of-dolan 4pts R.Thornton to beat D.Chisnall Evs BetVictor I think this will be a good match between two fairly similar players. Matches between the two tend to be tight but I just fancy Thornton to be a bit more consistent and I expect him to get the job done here. Chisnall has spells of brilliance but over the full distance Thornton’s consistency should be strong enough to see him to a narrow win to get his year up and running. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/thornton-vs-chisnall-betting-robert-thornton-can-edge-out-chisnall-in-first-round 4pts A.Lewis vs I.White - Over 8.5 180s 8/11 Skybet I expect Adrian Lewis to win this match but the lines and prices are about right but given how familiar the two are with each other I would expect this to be of good quality so the 180 lines interest me. We know Lewis can cover any line on his own but White hits a number of them when he is playing well too so I get the feeling 8.5 might not be a high enough line here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-white-betting-stoke-clash-can-yield-a-number-of-180s 5pts R.Barneveld (-1.5 legs) to beat S.Whitlock 10/11 Bet365 I’m confident Barneveld will win this match. Simon Whitlock has really lost his way in recent times and I can’t say I’m surprised because the days where you can get away with the fancy set up for finishes are gone now. With the scoring power everyone has these days you’re just wasting darts with all that stuff and that is why he struggles against the top players. Barneveld looks in good form and should be a couple of legs too good at least. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-barneveld-betting-simon-whitlock-s-poor-run-can-continue-in-milton-keynes

Re: The Unibet Masters 31 Jan - 1 Feb Saturday evening previews: 3pts M.King to beat J.Wade 21/10 Boylesports I think Mervyn King could be a spot of value here. He has already beaten James Wade since that meltdown to him in the final of this last year so that looks to be behind him and we know he is going to battle for everything in this match. If Wade isn’t on top form this is a tricky little match for him. I fancy this will be quite close so King looks good value at over 2/1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-king-betting-mervyn-king-good-value-to-extract-revenge-for-last-year-s-final 3pts T.Jenkins Over 4.5 180s 11/10 Spreadex I’m not completely sure how close I think Jenkins will get to Taylor but we know whatever the scoreline Jenkins isn’t going to fear him but he might fall a little short on the finishing under pressure. One area where I do like Jenkins these days is in the scoring and given how well he scores I’m surprised his 180 line is only 4.5 and that it is odds against. He covered this line in all of his World Championship matches over a similar length so that looks good value to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-jenkins-betting-jenkins-can-continue-to-plough-in-the-180s 3pts A.Hamilton (+4.5 legs) to beat G.Anderson Evs Skybet These two met in the first round of this tournament last year when Hamilton had the crowd against him but still only went down 10-7. Under normal circumstances I probably wouldn’t fancy him to get that close here but these aren’t normal circumstances given that Anderson is unlikely to have picked up a dart much since winning the world title given the pressures on his time. I still fancy the Scot to win here but a lack of perfect preparation for him can see Hamilton stay relatively close. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/anderson-vs-hamilton-betting-hamilton-can-stay-close-if-anderson-is-below-par 4pts M.van Gerwen (-4.5 legs) to beat W.Newton 4/5 Bet365 These two have met 14 times since the start of 2013 and van Gerwen has won 13 of them and in truth bar the odd anomaly Newton has barely got close to him in that time. I’m not convinced he is going to get much closer to him here either. The last two times they’ve met on TV, MVG has won 7-1 and 9-4 which is pretty emphatic. This should be no different. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-newton-betting-mvg-can-continue-his-dominance-over-newton

Re: The Unibet Masters 31 Jan - 1 Feb [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 1 February 2015[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wright, P v Lewis, A (12:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.53[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]van Gerwen, M v Chisnall, D (13:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.28[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Jenkins, T v van Barneveld, R (14:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wade, J v Anderson, G (15:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.57[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: The Unibet Masters 31 Jan - 1 Feb QF previews: 4pts A.Lewis (-1.5 legs) to beat P.Wright 4/5 Spreadex I think we should assume both will play better than in their first round match and I think Wright matches up well for Lewis. Wright is a consistent scorer but he lacks the power burst that the very top players have and with Lewis being such a good scorer he is likely to dominate a lot of legs. We saw against White that his finishing was in good order and I fancy him to have a bit too much here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wright-vs-lewis-betting-adrian-lewis-likely-to-have-too-much-for-wright 4pts D.Chisnall (+3.5 legs) to beat M.van Gerwen 21/20 Boylesports These two met five times on television last year and while van Gerwen won all five he never really ran away with any of them and you get the feeling that Chisnall is probably better prepared going into this tournament which is a bonus. The two met in the quarter final of this competition in November and van Gerwen won 10-7 which is pretty much the best I think he’ll do here. Chisnall looked really good in round one and is worth siding with given he gets a 3.5 leg start. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-chisnall-betting-dave-chisnall-can-give-a-strong-challenge-to-mvg-on-sunday 4pts T.Jenkins vs R.Barneveld - Over 16.5 legs 10/11 Coral I think this will be a tight match. Barneveld probably has the edge on the heavy scoring but his finishing was poor on Saturday and he won’t have had much time to have sorted that out ahead of this match so that could well keep it tight. Jenkins doesn’t fear anybody and with his confidence boosted from the win over Taylor which was no fluke he is likely to give a good account here too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/jenkins-vs-barneveld-betting-this-quarter-final-looks-like-being-very-tight 3pts J.Wade to beat G.Anderson 13/8 Stan James Anderson will have to improve a lot on a poor performance in the opening round of the tournament. I’m not sure he will have that in him given the heavy workload he has had. Even if he does improve recent meetings between these two shows that he is no certainty in this match so the value has to lie with Wade who seems to be relishing the opportunity this tournament provides him. He was good in round one and can continue his title defence with a win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-anderson-betting-james-wade-can-edge-out-the-world-champion-in-milton-keynes