** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Chelsea v Manchester City > Saturday January 31st

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chelsea v Manchester City (17:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.93 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Chelsea v Manchester City > Saturday January 31st In my opinion, considering latest Citizen results which are tragic, Mourinho will be under pressure to gather nothing less than 3 points from this game. I really hate watching Chelsea playing big opponents because of Mourinhos mentality as he always plays very defensive football against them. But the factor that Chelsea has to win to establish strong position at the top of the league table AND on the other hand considering still very high offensive potential of Manchester City which HAS TO bounce back at some point (they really struggle lately, didn't score against Arsenal and M'borough - is there a better opportunity to break losing streak than winning with championship competitor away?). For me that's the kind of game when both teams will throw at least one punch against each other. Both teams to score @ 1.66 with bet365 - that's the play for me. BTTS and over 2.5 @ 2.10 with bet365 also seems like good play but I think I won't risk it.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester City > Saturday January 31st I hope we win. But i think the play here is the draw. 11/4 WH If we win then we go 8 points clear of City which could be too much for them to overcome. On the other hand if we lose we just have a 2 point lead. I think Mourinho would settle for the 5 point lead especially as we don't have to play them again, and to some extent i think city might as well seeing as there is a long way to go and they don't want to be out of it too early. I think it will be tight and could well be nicked by a goal here or there but its a game that screams draw to me.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester City > Saturday January 31st i'm think man city will definitely have to go for the win. their form is questionable with aguero not in best form. chelsea will be pre-occupied with the carling cup match in midweek against liverpool and it will give man city a slight advantage in preparations. i think chelsea have good quality players but there is a little bit of complacency creeping into their game.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester City > Saturday January 31st

I hope we win. But i think the play here is the draw. 11/4 WH If we win then we go 8 points clear of City which could be too much for them to overcome. On the other hand if we lose we just have a 2 point lead. I think Mourinho would settle for the 5 point lead especially as we don't have to play them again, and to some extent i think city might as well seeing as there is a long way to go and they don't want to be out of it too early. I think it will be tight and could well be nicked by a goal here or there but its a game that screams draw to me.
I agree with your analysis. Mourinho will probably play on the counter here to keep the 5 points lead and hopefully win if they can. For me, I'm going to go with the under 2.5 goals.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester City > Saturday January 31st There are certainly reasons to be optimistic about Man City getting some sort of result at the Bridge this weekend. 1) Diego Costa is facing a 3 match ban, has until tonight to appeal but looks like he is out. 2) City should have a fitness edge, Chelsea had a tough 180 mins v Liverpool midweek. 3) Mourinho has not rotated the team much at all this season, and you can see the fatigue over the last few weeks. 4) City cannot afford to lose this game. In saying that, it's very hard to back against Chelsea at the Bridge, everyone knows how tough Mourinho always has been at home. I will probably sit it out betting wise, but the draw could be a good way to go.

There are certainly reasons to be optimistic about Man City getting some sort of result at the Bridge this weekend. 1) Diego Costa is facing a 3 match ban, has until tonight to appeal but looks like he is out. 2) City should have a fitness edge, Chelsea had a tough 180 mins v Liverpool midweek. 3) Mourinho has not rotated the team much at all this season, and you can see the fatigue over the last few weeks. 4) City cannot afford to lose this game. In saying that, it's very hard to back against Chelsea at the Bridge, everyone knows how tough Mourinho always has been at home. I will probably sit it out betting wise, but the draw could be a good way to go.
I don't agree so much about fatigue. Against Bradford only Azpilicueta, Cahill and Oscar started, so the main team had mostly (Hazard, Fabregas and Willian coming on) a weeks rest between the two Liverpool ties. Will Mourinho play for a draw at home? Seems really unlikely to me, but then I'm not a Chelsea fan?

Re: Chelsea v Manchester City > Saturday January 31st I see what you're saying but I just can't imagine if it's say, seventy minutes left, Mourinho will want his players to sit on the draw. He must surely be smart enough to see Man City's defence is paper thin, and if they have a go it's more likely they'll score than concede. It just seems unimaginable to me, perhaps people are overplaying the negative Mourinho thing? They're more attacking this season, and when I've seen them play I've been impressed with their creativity. No Costa and Fabregas wouldn't help matter though.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester City > Saturday January 31st 4pts Under 2.5 goals Evs Betway I think this will be a fairly tight game because defeat is more disastrous to whoever loses than avoiding defeat. You’d think if Chelsea win this match the title is as good as theirs but a draw keeps the title very much alive even for City who would probably consider a point as a good return given who they have available and not. City have just struggled for goals while Fabregas and Costa could be big losses for Chelsea so a low scoring chess battle could ensue here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chelsea-vs-man-city-betting-leading-two-can-play-out-a-tight-game-at-the-bridge

Re: Chelsea v Manchester City > Saturday January 31st Chelsea FC v Manchester City Chelsea FC: Ivanovic (22/2 d, probably in), Filipe Luís (10/0 d), Fàbregas (21/2 m)(both doubtful), Costa (19/17 f, top scorer), Salah (3/0 m), Schürrle (14/3 f) Manchester City: Nasri (16/0 m), Mangala (13/0 d)(both doubtful), Toure (18/7 m, 2nd top scorer), Bony (0/0 f) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: Chelsea v Manchester City > Saturday January 31st Don't know why people are saying 8 point gap spells the end of the title race? There's still half a season to go and this is England where any minnow can take points off you. Neither of these teams are going to win every match until the end like Barca or Real. Not a foregone conclusion. Chelsea play the same 11 in every EPL match more or less and maybe in the coming months combined with the European Cup, we'll see a physical breakdown in this side. Mourinho could get away with that at Madrid because in Spain the matches aren't as physically demanding as in the EPL. You don't stop running and you are challenged physically by every team. I agree with some people above who say we are seeing signs of tiredness in the Chelsea players. Jose insists on the same "chosen" players for an important match and now we can see a drop in the performances of Costa, Hazard and Terry most notably. Nothing major, they just aren't as sharp as a few months ago. What will happen in another couple of months at this rate? Mourinho would take a 1-1 if you offered it now to him but no result would really surprise me here and it's a no bet.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester City > Saturday January 31st CHELSEA - MANCHESTER CITY Chelsea to win at 2.20 @ Marathonbet The absence of Diego Costa is crucial for Chelsea at the super derby against Manchester City. The Spanish striker had a three-games ban after his violent conduct at the midweek match against Liverpool for the League Cup. The Blues have now a 5-points margin from City and the have combined with wins all their 10 home league games this season. Taking into account the problems at both teams, City could have chances for the three points. Nevertheless, I think that Mourinho knows the way to leave victorious from such type of matches.

CHELSEA - MANCHESTER CITY Chelsea to win at 2.20 @ Marathonbet The absence of Diego Costa is crucial for Chelsea at the super derby against Manchester City. The Spanish striker had a three-games ban after his violent conduct at the midweek match against Liverpool for the League Cup. The Blues have now a 5-points margin from City and the have combined with wins all their 10 home league games this season. Taking into account the problems at both teams, City could have chances for the three points. Nevertheless, I think that Mourinho knows the way to leave victorious from such type of matches.
Derby? Not quite. This is the best draw you will ever see. Even better than the normal "X" in the end of season in Serie B, Italy. My house on it, with my mother inside. Tremendous value on the draw here, should be close to evens, and I'm serious. I'm backing it in the thousands £. 0-0 or 1-1 Cheers lads!

Derby? Not quite. This is the best draw you will ever see. Even better than the normal "X" in the end of season in Serie B, Italy. My house on it, with my mother inside. Tremendous value on the draw here, should be close to evens, and I'm serious. I'm backing it in the thousands £. 0-0 or 1-1 Cheers lads!
Like the confidence :lol This is an unpredictable league though, I don't really touch it anymore. I agree most points direct us to a draw but I would hardly make it a max stakes bet!

Like the confidence :lol This is an unpredictable league though' date=' I don't really touch it anymore. I agree most points direct us to a draw but I would hardly make it a max stakes bet![/quote'] I'm taking the draw with around 2k£ and it will be placed under the radar in various betting shops in central London today. This is the play of the season. Payout should be around 7k£ which means a pure profit of 5k£ Thank me tonight guys. All the best,

I'm taking the draw with around 2k£ and it will be placed under the radar in various betting shops in central London today. This is the play of the season. Payout should be around 7k£ which means a pure profit of 5k£ Thank me tonight guys. All the best,
Alright mate, good luck..:lol

I'm taking the draw with around 2k£ and it will be placed under the radar in various betting shops in central London today. This is the play of the season. Payout should be around 7k£ which means a pure profit of 5k£ Thank me tonight guys. All the best,
Various shops, under the radar?? I wouldn't of thought you woul be knocked back for 2k @5/2 on WDW market of an EPL match to be honest. Certainly wouldn't be going on any black lists. I'd leave the dark glasses and false moustache at home for this one if I were you. Sent from my HTC One using PL Forum

Any bookmaker would happily lay you £100,000 on the draw.