** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

SUPERBOWL 49

danj2202

Re: SUPERBOWL 49 [TABLE=class: odds allOdds]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH][TABLE=class: SortLinks, width: 134] [TR] [TD=class: sortLinkLeft, align: left] [/TD] [TD=class: sortLinkRight, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [/TH] [TH]v6122.gif[/TH] [TH]v6303.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6452.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6385.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6337.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6312.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6364.gif[/TH] [TH]v6318.gif[/TH] [TH]v6287.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6093.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6173.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: AO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Seattle Seahawks[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, align: center]1.95[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.96[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, align: center]1.95[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, align: center]1.95[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, align: center]1.95[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B U, align: center]1.99[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, align: center]1.95[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, align: center]1.96[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.95[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, align: center]1.96[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, align: center]1.95[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, align: center]1.95[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O X, bgcolor: #EBEBFD, align: center]1.96[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]New England Patriots[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]1.92[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, align: center]1.86[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, align: center]1.86[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, align: center]1.85[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B D, align: center]1.95[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, align: center]1.86[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, align: center]1.85[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]1.85[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, align: center]1.92[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, align: center]1.86[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, align: center]1.95[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O X, bgcolor: #F5F5FF, align: center]1.92[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: SUPERBOWL 49 4pts Seattle to beat New England 20/21 BetVictor For the second year in a row we have a powerful defence against a powerful offense and just like last year I am siding with the defence. It is so hard to make big plays against this Seattle defence and while it isn’t often wise to take on Tom Brady I do fancy he may struggle against this defence more than he would like. Seattle have enough of an all-round balance to their attack to make plays at the right time and after the way they won the NFC Championship game you wonder if their name is already on the trophy. If it isn’t already there it will be after this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/super-bowl-betting-seattle-seahawks-can-win-back-to-back-titles-in-arizona

Re: SUPERBOWL 49 NE for me,think theyre well balanced on both sides of the ball and are at full health this year.Stopping Lynch will be half the job,if they do that I see them winning.Another reason Im against SE is its hard to win back to back and the year after the same hunger isnt always there,while I couldnt say that about this team,they dont seem to be going as well as they were last year,thats not to say they cant win,but just give NE the edge here,looking forward to a good game regardless who wins.

Re: SUPERBOWL 49 Backed the Seahawks preseason at 6/1 and i think in the main i'll just let that be and enjoy the game. I am extremely looking forward to this one and think it can go either way. So other than a few mess around bets i'll probably just sit back and watch the show. GL Everyone.

Re: SUPERBOWL 49 Ok......its the big one so lets go (apologies Pats fans) 8 pts Seattle Seahawks to win the Superbowl 1.95 Betvictor 8 pts Under 47.5 Total points 1.91 Skybet Really intriguing matchup, two points that cannot be debated are that this Patriots offense isnt in the same league as the Broncos offense that was stifled by these Seahawks in Superbowl 48..............however this Seahawks defense, while leading the league in points allowed is also not on the all world level of last years unit overall, though the return of Wagner has really solidified them overall. Russell Wilson absolutely cannot be as bad as he was 2 weeks ago when Seattle escaped against the Packers. It looks to me like the Pats defense matches up pretty well against the Seahawks offense, Seattle were noticeably poorer in the passing game against Green Bay in the NFC Championship game and felt the loss of the young receiver Richardson who tore his ACL in the Carolina game the week before as his blazing speed enables them to stretch the field and create opportunities underneath, when you are dangerous in one area, the Pats are good at taking away your best option, I dont think they can stop Lynch and passes out of the backfield are an area where Seattle can and likely will exploit New England trying to get him one on one with a linebacker or defensive end - probably Ninkovich, who will not be able to live with him. Revis will take away the best receiver, and that likely means Doug Baldwin in a fairly liberal usage of the word best and I expect a big game from emerging tight end Luke Willson as he and Lynch are the two mismatches that Seattle have against the Pats defense. This isnt the Colts, the Pats arent going to run wild, Legarrette Blount will not have the same success as two weeks ago, whoever lines up opposite Sherman will be cancelled out (Brandon Lafell?) so Gronkowski will get his work in the king of mismatches, other than that I struggle to see much success for the Pats on offense as the Seahawks dont allow much outside the numbers. I think that overall these are good matchups for both defenses and it looks a low scorer and I take Seattle as the better defensive unit to edge this game, with the analysis done, heres the rest of the bets. 2 pts Marshawn Lynch to win MVP 6.50 William Hill 1 pts Luke Willson to win MVP 201.00 Ladbrokes These are the two mismatches where Seattle can win, the MVP always comes from the winning team and I suspect New England gets enough done to prevent a defensive player winning like last year. 10 pts Luke Willson Over 2.5 receptions 1.75 BetVictor 10 pts Luke Willson Over 33.5 receiving yards 1.91 Ladbrokes 3 pts Luke Willson to score a Touchdown at anytime 4.00 BetVictor 1 pts Luke Willson to score 2+ Touchdowns 15.00 Skybet 1 pts Luke Willson to score 3+ Touchdowns 151.00 William Hill Have I made myself clear?........expecting him to be BIG for Seattle 2 pts Timothy Wright to score a Touchdown at any time 5.00 Ladbrokes The Pats still like to go 2 TE package fairly often and the underrated Wright is perfectly capable of finding the endzone while Gronk takes all the attention - as he has done on 6 occasions this season in only 33 targets. Speaking of Gronk 5 pts Rob Gronkowski Over 75.5 receiving Yards 2.00 Ladbrokes Seattle are good but I dont think any defense can stop Rob Gronkowski when he is healthy 5 pts Marshawn Lynch Over 18.5 receiving yards 1.91 William Hill If they run the wheel route that Lynch almost scored on in the NFC Championship game. The Pats cannot stop that route, Lynch could cover this line with one reception. 8 pts - Will a roughing the passer penalty be called in the game YES 2.25 BetVictor We have two below average offensive lines and in particular the Seahawks pass rush will get some joy, The QBs are super protected and I would be surprised if this flag isnt thrown at some point in this game (on the hawks, I am unsure the Pats rush can get Wilson to stand still long enough) I may yet come back with some more......but these are the ones I like

Re: SUPERBOWL 49 4 pts 1st penalty called - Holding 3.50 Paddy Power as previously mentioned, these offensive lines are not great and particularly Seattle have a pass rush, a hold I think is value as opposed to false start, unnecessary roughness or - any other in this market 15 pts Team to receive opening kickoff - Seattle Seahawks 1.91 Paddy Power Before you tell me this is a ridiculous bet, hear me out. The Patriots do not operate like everyone else when they win the coin toss at the start of the game, the result of this is that in 18 games played this year, New England has kicked the ball away t start the game on 15 occasions. only 3 times have the received to start the game as Bellichick as usual acts the opposite to everyone else when he wins the toss ( Seattle received 8 times from their 18 games for anyone that wondered) 10 pts Opening Kickoff to be a Touchback - Yes 1.70 Betfred Both kickers, Gostkowski and Hauschka hit a high number of their kickoffs for touchbacks, and that is outdoors when their home stadium often plays in inclement weather, indoors for the Superbowl I suspect the opening kickoff gets boomed out the back of the endzone (by Gostkowski) 15 pts will there be a 4th down conversion - Yes 1.53 Paddy Power When its all on the line there is an increased possibility of going for it on 4th and both these teams but in particular New England are excellent in 4th and short situations

Re: SUPERBOWL 49 I like the under 47 points in this game. Both defenses are playing well, I don't see either teams receivers having much success. The run game may work but that will help the clock move. The Patriots don't give up big plays with mccourty in center field while Revis will shut down Baldwin. Seattle will struggle some with Gronk but they should handle Edelman and Lafell. Unless there are big turn overs leading to easy scores this one stays under. As for the sides I lean on NE, I trust Belicheck to shut down Seattle's offense, a mediocre GB defense almost shut them out. They won't have the home field here either. Lynch is always a concern but he's the only player that can beat the Pats and I don't see Belicheck letting that happen. Under 47 with bet365 NE -3 @2.40 with bet365

Re: SUPERBOWL 49

4 pts 1st penalty called - Holding 3.50 Paddy Power:( 15 pts Team to receive opening kickoff - Seattle Seahawks 1.91 Paddy Power:( 10 pts Opening Kickoff to be a Touchback - Yes 1.70 Betfred:( 15 pts will there be a 4th down conversion - Yes 1.53 Paddy Power:(
8 pts Seattle Seahawks to win the Superbowl 1.95 Betvictor:( 8 pts Under 47.5 Total points 1.91 Skybet:( 2 pts Marshawn Lynch to win MVP 6.50 William Hill:( 1 pts Luke Willson to win MVP 201.00 Ladbrokes:( 10 pts Luke Willson Over 2.5 receptions 1.75 BetVictor:( 10 pts Luke Willson Over 33.5 receiving yards 1.91 Ladbrokes:( 3 pts Luke Willson to score a Touchdown at anytime 4.00 BetVictor:( 1 pts Luke Willson to score 2+ Touchdowns 15.00 Skybet:( 1 pts Luke Willson to score 3+ Touchdowns 151.00 William Hill:( 2 pts Timothy Wright to score a Touchdown at any time 5.00 Ladbrokes:( 5 pts Rob Gronkowski Over 75.5 receiving Yards 2.00 Ladbrokes:( 5 pts Marshawn Lynch Over 18.5 receiving yards 1.91 William Hill:):nana:cigar:beer:bignana 8 pts - Will a roughing the passer penalty be called in the game YES 2.25 BetVictor:(
well, I was either going to be very wrong or very right

Re: SUPERBOWL 49 I was the same as you Danj. I made a small loss on all my selections, with Pats to win and some novelty bets saving me. A wide variety of bets around Blount were way wide of the mark. Just wanna say thanks for all your posts this season, I'm big follower, if not poster and love reading your College ball selections in particular. Roll on September!