** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Sunday QF previews: 4pts Ghana vs Guinea - Both teams to score 27/20 Ladbrokes I’ve enjoyed watching Guinea in this tournament. They have had a good go and with nothing to lose here I am hoping the do the same in this match. They must be feeling they have got a second chance in the tournament having come through the draw to stay in it and that should release any shackles that might have come in. Ghana have quality going forward but look light at the back so I’m happy to chance both sides scoring here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ghana-vs-guinea-betting-both-sides-can-score-in-sunday-s-opener 3pts Algeria to beat Ivory Coast 21/10 Bet365 Man for man these are probably the two best squads in the tournament but something will have to give here. Ivory Coast may have won their group but they were nothing like convincing in doing it unlike Algeria who actually looked good in the two matches they had their focus and tactics right for. Algeria don’t really have a weakness unlike the Ivory Coast who look a bit light defensively so I’ll take Algeria here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ivory-coast-vs-algeria-betting-algeria-can-see-off-ivory-coast-in-quarter-final

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread

I guess it was the dodgy looking penalty awarded to the hosts against Tunisia ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31077935
Cheers mate. Considering I haven't seen any of this tourney except 12 minutes of highlights of the Congo derby and 3 mins highlights of Ivory Coast v Algeria I have decided to back Ivory Coast to beat DR Congo @ 1.70 Marathon. The Congo match looked like two sides playing at a very low standard with both displaying some shambolic defending rather than good attacks to warrant 6 goals in the match. Basically DR Congo look a very average team and not technically gifted. When the ball approached their danger zone they looked really frantic. Ivory Coast apparently until now haven't impressed. But I'm counting on all that European experience to punish a defence that at times looked totally asleep. Was that performance against Algeria the catalyst to march on to the title? Bony stepped up it seems and even though I hate backing Ivory Coast as they always throw and upset at you or can concede at any moment, the main factor for me is how terrible DR Congo looked. I saw on soccerway they met in Congo for a qualifer to this which Ivory won 2-1. So that would've been during an international break where the players flew over, got the win with little preparation, then flew back to Europe with their clubs being the focus. So logically this time it's a neutral ground, sudden death, no club distractions, time together and everyone wants it. Has to be a clear Ivory Coast win surely?

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread 3pts DR Congo vs Ivory Coast - Over 2.5 goals 13/8 Coral This should be a decent watch because it is clear DR Congo have to attack because they can’t defend. Ivory Coast have a really dangerous attack and while they haven’t always convinced in this tournament nobody can argue with the quality that they have, neither can they say they haven’t been improving all the time in the tournament so I think we’re set for a cracking match with plenty of attacking play and quite possibly at least three more goals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dr-congo-vs-ivory-coast-betting-first-semi-final-can-contain-a-few-goals

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 616]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 4 February 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Congo DR v Ivory Coast (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 5 February 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ghana v Equatorial Guinea (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Semi final 2 preview: 5pts Ghana to beat Equatorial Guinea 17/20 Skybet Equatorial Guinea have been annoying me from a betting point of view in this tournament none more so than in the last round when they were given a nonsense of a penalty to deny Tunisia but I am fairly confident Ghana will be too good for them. Ghana are looking really powerful in attack all of a sudden and if they can get in front early they have the quality to see the game through and extend the margin of victory. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ghana-vs-equatorial-guinea-betting-ghana-can-finally-end-the-hosts-fortunes-in-the-tournament

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Ghana – Equatorial Guinea – Win for Ghana at 1.78 @ Marathonbet This is the second semifinal of Copa Africa between Ghana and Equatorial Guinea. Ghana looks improved at the last games after receiving their wake-up call on opening day of the group stages. Equatorial Guinea on the other side, continue to shock the pundits, casual spectators, and probably a few of their own fans as well as they march along through the cup. Equatoguineans have played excellent defence in the cup so far, allowing just 2 goals through 4 matches. Considering that Ghana have really struggled in the last games, we could see a low-scoring affair that should ultimately go in Ghana’s favor.

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 616]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 7 February 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Congo DR v Equatorial Guinea (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.87[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 8 February 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ivory Coast v Ghana (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Ivory Coast v Ghana Sunday 8th Feb Ghana look worth backing to me here. They really impressed me last night v Equatorial Guinea. Of course, Ivory Coast have some great players, but Ghana had that look of a team fighting together, and I was impressed with the way they handled the crowd hostility from some of the Eq Guinea fans last night. Ghana +0.25 1.8 Bet 365 Stake: 4 points

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread 3rd place playoff preview: 4pts DR Congo to beat Equatorial Guinea 6/4 Betfred If football is allowed to break out in this match then I see no reason why DR Congo can’t win the game. They have looked the better side of these two throughout the tournament and I think they are more likely to be able to focus on the football rather than what is going on off the pitch. Equatorial Guinea rode their luck on the way to the last four but that luck ran out in emphatic style in the semi-final and they can be outclassed again here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dr-congo-vs-equatorial-guinea-betting-dr-congo-look-good-things-to-finish-third Final preview: 3pts Ivory Coast vs Ghana - Draw 23/10 Bet365 As long as the Ghana players have no lingering effects of the shambolic scenes in the semi-final I think this will be a really close final and I’m not convinced 90 minutes will be enough to separate these two giants of African football right now. Finals are usually tight matches and this one is going to be much the same so at the prices take the draw here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ivory-coast-vs-ghana-betting-african-heavyweights-may-need-more-than-90-minutes-to-decide-title

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread

Ivory Coast v Ghana Sunday 8th Feb Ghana look worth backing to me here. They really impressed me last night v Equatorial Guinea. Of course, Ivory Coast have some great players, but Ghana had that look of a team fighting together, and I was impressed with the way they handled the crowd hostility from some of the Eq Guinea fans last night. Ghana +0.25 1.8 Bet 365 Stake: 4 points
Result at 90 mins: Ivory Coast 0 Ghana 0 Bet half won/half void Stake: 4 points Return: 5.6 points Profit/loss = +1.6 points