** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Saturday previews: 4pts Ivory Coast to beat Mali 10/11 Coral Ivory Coast looked like a team of individuals in their opening match and that is something they will have to overcome but I do still fancy them for this match purely and simply because I think Mali are lacking something in attack. That should suit Ivory Coast as they like to get the full backs forward and with the rest of the options they have in attacking areas they can have too much for Mali. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ivory-coast-vs-mali-betting-ivorians-can-pick-up-their-first-win-of-the-competition 4pts Guinea (+0.5AH) to beat Cameroon 1.92 BetVictor Cameroon look a little short to me on paper. It has been a while since they have really delivered on the big stage and it is alright qualifying well and talking up your chances but you have to deliver and in forward areas they kind of look a little lost I feel. Guinea actually impressed me in the opening match and are likely to be able to play with a lot more freedom out of these two sides and I fancy them to get something here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cameroon-vs-guinea-betting-guinea-can-avoid-defeat-in-group-d-clash

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread I can't see Ghana-Algeria game having more than 1 goal in it.Ghana showed some really struggling upfront and Algeria defence is way stronger to be penetrated by their forwarders.Slimani is out for the away side which is a big blow becauase he is a key player who leads the attack.If Gyan is out for Ghana then i won't be surprised to se a scoreless draw.Algeria and South Africa could easily had finished 0:0 but the fact that South Africa took the lead worked as a starting button and a wake up call for Gourcuff's boys and they turned things around.I think this game have all what's necessary to see a low scoring affair with Algeria maybe edging it at the end.Algeria to win & under 2.5 goals @ 4.33 with bet365.GL!

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Just love when this happens. I was on overs in Ghana match, but was very pleased at the end because Algeria never attempted anything in the second half. Beside some ten minutes in the first game where Southafricans collapsed, they are playing terrible and at the moment I just don't see how they could Senegal in any way. Plenty of attacking potential, but something just isn't clicking for them.

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Sunday previews: 4pts Congo vs Burkina Faso - Over 2 goals 1.98 Bet365 Burkina Faso’s need for goals and a big win here should ensure we see lots of goal potential in the game. These last games in groups tend to be more open anyway with everything on the line so I really like the look of over 2 goals in this one. Burkina Faso have some real goal threats in their side but it hasn’t quite clicked for them yet. You’d have to think it will here. Congo have threats on the counter so go for goals here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/congo-vs-burkina-faso-betting-burkina-faso-s-plight-should-ensure-goals-in-this-one 4pts Gabon to beat Equatorial Guinea 23/20 Coral The fact Equatorial Guinea have to come out and open up and try to win the game should give Gabon a little more space and freedom to impose themselves on their opponents which should suit them a lot more. They struggled to break down a stubborn Gabon side in their last game but breaking an attacking Equatorial Guinea down shouldn’t be as difficult. They need a win themselves so at odds against I like Gabon here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/gabon-vs-equatorial-guinea-betting-gabon-can-end-the-host-s-tournament-life

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Sunday 25th Jan 18.00 Group A Equatorial Guinea v Gabon Sunday 25th Jan 18.00 Group A Congo - Burkina Faso With all four sides in with a chance of qualifying, I think there is a fair chance of 'overs' in these two games. Against this, African games tend to be 'under-ish' with defences dominating. However, this defensive style is balanced out by a need for points in later games like these. Looking at the final group games in the last 3 tournaments, about 50% seem to have been over 2.5 goals, so odds of over 2.0 on over 2.5 goals look worth taking - Equatorial Guinea v Gabon Over 2.5 2.86 Marathon Congo - Burkina Faso Over 2.5 2.86 Marathon Both 6 points Total stake: 12 points

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Monday previews: 4pts Cape Verde vs Zambia - Under 2 goals 1.95 Ladbrokes This is likely to be an edgy game because both really need to win but I sense from what we’ve seen so far both could be scared of losing. Cape Verde look a well organised side but seem to have a reluctance to push men forward. In the end Zambia will have to commit men forward but I’m not convinced that will be from the off so under 2 goals could be the way to go here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cape-verde-vs-zambia-betting-goals-may-not-come-regularly-in-crucial-clash 4pts DR Congo vs Tunisia - Both teams to score 11/10 Ladbrokes Given that DR Congo have to score to have any chance of going through in this match I think the game is well set up. They will have to employ some sort of attacking intent which should give Tunisia some openings on the counter attack. I’m not altogether convinced by Tunisia at the back in this tournament and DR Congo showed against Zambia they can throw men forward so maybe odds against on both to score is a shade too big. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dr-congo-vs-tunisia-betting-both-sides-can-find-the-net-in-group-b-decider

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Tuesday previews: 4pts Senegal vs Algeria - Both teams to score 5/4 Coral The fact Algeria pretty much have to score to have a realistic chance of qualifying leads me to believe we won’t see any of the two minds nonsense we saw from them against Ghana. Their coach has reflected that realistically they need to win the game so I expect to see a lot more attacking intent from Algeria here. I’m far from convinced Senegal can hold out if they just play for a draw so I see them attacking too which should make for a positive, open game where both sides can score. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/senegal-vs-algeria-betting-both-sides-can-find-the-net-in-crunch-group-c-match 4pts South Africa vs Ghana - Over 2 goals 1.83 Bet365 Both of South Africa’s games in this tournament thus far have been good to watch, open games and given that they have to win this match I’m not expecting anything different here. Ghana will probably be through with a draw but they probably can’t take the chance with Algeria being the favourites in the other game so they may well push for the win too which should ensure we see a few goals before this one is decided. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-ghana-betting-south-africa-s-need-should-ensure-more-goals

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread

Sunday 25th Jan 18.00 Group A Equatorial Guinea v Gabon Sunday 25th Jan 18.00 Group A Congo - Burkina Faso With all four sides in with a chance of qualifying, I think there is a fair chance of 'overs' in these two games. Against this, African games tend to be 'under-ish' with defences dominating. However, this defensive style is balanced out by a need for points in later games like these. Looking at the final group games in the last 3 tournaments, about 50% seem to have been over 2.5 goals, so odds of over 2.0 on over 2.5 goals look worth taking - Equatorial Guinea v Gabon Over 2.5 2.86 Marathon Congo - Burkina Faso Over 2.5 2.86 Marathon Both 6 points Total stake: 12 points
Results: Equatorial Guinea 2 Gabon 0 Bet lost, returns nil Congo 2 Burkina Faso 1 Bet won :ok, returns 17.16 Total stake: 12 points Total return: 17.16 points Profit/loss = +5.16 points

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Monday 26th Jan 18.00 Group B Cape Verde v Zambia DR Congo v Tunisia Once again, I think the high-looking odds on overs should be backed here. These games often seem to start slowly, and burst into life late in the game when teams suddenly open up in search of goals. Will all four sides having a chance of qualifying, I think there is a good chance of overs and the odds are too high - Cape Verde v Zambia Over 2.5 2.72 DR Congo v Tunisia Over 2.5 2.78 Both with Marathon Both 6 points Total stake: 12 points

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Zambia need to win and still there is a chance to finish 3 and not qualify while Cape Verde will be in the same situation with a draw.I think both teams have a lot to lose and i doubt they will start attacking from thevery beginning.They showed close to nothing in attack in their previous games so far and i think with so much in stake they will be cautious.If the result remains 0:0 until the 70th minute and depending on the result in the other fixture both camps might afford to risk more.I think this game has written 0:0 all over it.Cape Verde could benefit from the draw while Zambia is the team who needs to attack.I think the result could be level(0:0)until the 70th minute and then Zambia to go all out to attack while Cape Verde would be trying not to concede and succeedeing at the end.My bets are:under 1.5 @ 2.5 and Correct Score 0:0 @ 6.50 all with bet365.gL! 0:0

Zambia need to win and still there is a chance to finish 3 and not qualify while Cape Verde will be in the same situation with a draw.I think both teams have a lot to lose and i doubt they will start attacking from thevery beginning.They showed close to nothing in attack in their previous games so far and i think with so much in stake they will be cautious.If the result remains 0:0 until the 70th minute and depending on the result in the other fixture both camps might afford to risk more.I think this game has written 0:0 all over it.Cape Verde could benefit from the draw while Zambia is the team who needs to attack.I think the result could be level(0:0)until the 70th minute and then Zambia to go all out to attack while Cape Verde would be trying not to concede and succeedeing at the end.My bets are:under 1.5 @ 2.5 and Correct Score 0:0 @ 6.50 all with bet365.gL!
Cape Verde may need to win though, of course ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30875465

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread DR Congo - Tunisia Congo to qualify will need either to win or draw if the other game is a draw too. In both cases they will need a bigger goal difference than Cape Verde if the two teams tie. Tunisia qualifies either with a win or a draw but they will need to win to ensure the first place.(they can even qualify if they lose if Zambia wins or draw) Tunisia has a quality team and I don't think they are going for the draw. They want the first place and will play to get it.Congo also wants to qualify.They have a strong team and some quality in attacking and will also fight for qualification. I'm not so sure for an over here as both teams can qualify with a draw and a 1:1 or 0:0 when the game comes to the end might be enough for both. I believe that both teams will score. Both teams to score @ 2.08 Marathonbet

Monday 26th Jan 18.00 Group B Cape Verde v Zambia DR Congo v Tunisia Once again, I think the high-looking odds on overs should be backed here. These games often seem to start slowly, and burst into life late in the game when teams suddenly open up in search of goals. Will all four sides having a chance of qualifying, I think there is a good chance of overs and the odds are too high - Cape Verde v Zambia Over 2.5 2.72 DR Congo v Tunisia Over 2.5 2.78 Both with Marathon Both 6 points Total stake: 12 points
Results: Cape Verde 0 Zambia 0 Bet lost, returns nil DR Congo 1 Tunisia 1 Bet lost, returns nil Total stake: 12 points Total return: nil Profit/loss = -12 points

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Wednesday previews: 3pts Ivory Coast to beat Cameroon 13/10 Ladbrokes This is such a hard match to call because they have both been very ordinary in this tournament but you sense Ivory Coast have a little more power about them and that could prove the difference at the end of the day. I wouldn’t put my mortgage on them winning but in terms of quality they stand out and can nick a potentially poor and tight game. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cameroon-vs-ivory-coast-betting-ivory-coast-can-finally-come-to-the-party 4pts Guinea to beat Mali (DNB) 13/10 Coral I have to say Guinea are slightly overpriced in this match based on what we’ve seen in the tournament so far. This has been a tight tournament though so I’m not going to get carried away and back them to win the match outright but I certainly think there is mileage in taking them on the draw no bet market. They’ve probably carried the biggest threat going forward of all the sides and that can count here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/guinea-vs-mali-betting-guinea-good-value-to-qualify-from-this-one

Zambia need to win and still there is a chance to finish 3 and not qualify while Cape Verde will be in the same situation with a draw.I think both teams have a lot to lose and i doubt they will start attacking from thevery beginning.They showed close to nothing in attack in their previous games so far and i think with so much in stake they will be cautious.If the result remains 0:0 until the 70th minute and depending on the result in the other fixture both camps might afford to risk more.I think this game has written 0:0 all over it.Cape Verde could benefit from the draw while Zambia is the team who needs to attack.I think the result could be level(0:0)until the 70th minute and then Zambia to go all out to attack while Cape Verde would be trying not to concede and succeedeing at the end.My bets are:under 1.5 @ 2.5 and Correct Score 0:0 @ 6.50 all with bet365.gL! 0:0
:nana

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Tuesday 27th Jan 17.00 Group B Senegal v Algeria S Africa v Ghana As in the earlier games this week, I think the high-looking odds on overs should be backed here. All four sides have a chance of qualifying. Around 50% of the final group games in the last three tournaments have been over 2.5 goals. I think there is a good chance of overs in these games and the odds are too high - Senegal v Algeria Over 2.5 2.82 S Africa v Ghana Over 2.5 2.52 Both with Marathon Both 6 points Total stake: 12 points

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Wednesday 27th Jan 18.00 Group D Cameroon v Ivory Coast Guinea v Mali Going for overs yet again on Wednesday's final Group D games. Again, all four sides have a chance of qualifying, which can lead to late goals in games. Around 50% of the final group games in the last three tournaments have been over 2.5 goals. I'd say the odds are too high and should be taken - Cameroon v Ivory Coast Over 2.5 2.62 Guinea v Mali Over 2.5 2.62 Both with William Hill Both 6 points Total stake: 12 points

Tuesday 27th Jan 17.00 Group B Senegal v Algeria S Africa v Ghana As in the earlier games this week, I think the high-looking odds on overs should be backed here. All four sides have a chance of qualifying. Around 50% of the final group games in the last three tournaments have been over 2.5 goals. I think there is a good chance of overs in these games and the odds are too high - Senegal v Algeria Over 2.5 2.82 S Africa v Ghana Over 2.5 2.52 Both with Marathon Both 6 points Total stake: 12 points
Results: Senegal 0 Algeria 2 lost S Africa 1 Ghana 2 won, returns 15.12 points Total stake: 12 points Total return: 15.12 points Profit/loss = +3.12 points

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Agree the prices on Over 2.5 goals are high but these games are just so low scoring, against all logic! Saying that I do like the Overs in Ivory Coast v Cameroon tonight. Cameroon should have beaten Guinea 3-1 with the chances they had. If they play like that tonight they'll definitely score. The bet for me is Cameroon Draw No Bet @ 2.38 (Boyles). Since the shambles of the World Cup they've had a big clear out of all the trouble makers and are unbeaten in ten games since. Ivory Coast look a mess. Arguing amongst themselves all game, seemingly without any real game plan. However they do have the front line to hurt Cameroon so another bet for me is BTTS @ 2.2 (BetWay). This is a winner in 4 of Cameroon's last 4 matches, but also a winner in 22 of Ivory Coast's last 27 matches. These sides played out a 0-0 and a 4-1 Cameroon victory in qualifying as well.

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread How will be determined which team goes through if there's a draw in one of the matches today? If one of the matches ends in a draw, the teams involved will have an absolutely identical record. If lets say, Cameroun beat Ivory Coast and Guinea - Mali ends in a draw, Guinea and Mali will have an identical goal difference, number of goals scored and a draw between them.

How will be determined which team goes through if there's a draw in one of the matches today? If one of the matches ends in a draw' date=' the teams involved will have an absolutely identical record. If lets say, Cameroun beat Ivory Coast and Guinea - Mali ends in a draw, Guinea and Mali will have an identical goal difference, number of goals scored and a draw between them.[/quote'] If teams are level on all other criteria, then they will draw lots. Not ideal but there is no other was of deciding. We could actually have the bizarre scenario were both matches are drawing and it will be the match with the highest scoring draw that provides the two qualifiers! Just imagine ......87th minute, both matches are deadlocked at 2-2.......Ivory Coast and Cameroon mutually agree to allow each other to score last minute goals, thus a 3-3 draw takes both though! Fantasy? Possibly.....but this is the African Cup of Nations, where such things could be allowed to happen! Tonight will be interesting for sure.

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Enjoying the goal markets in this Nations cup, hardly predictable, but favourable results. I agree with MPLouis regarding this evenings matchup, with such odds, one can hardly resist. Great for accumulators too, getting tonights fixtures over 1,5 at 1.60 (Guinea) and 1.55 (Cameroon) local bookie, combined thats 2.48 for a good 7 unit stake.

Wednesday 27th Jan 18.00 Group D Cameroon v Ivory Coast Guinea v Mali Going for overs yet again on Wednesday's final Group D games. Again, all four sides have a chance of qualifying, which can lead to late goals in games. Around 50% of the final group games in the last three tournaments have been over 2.5 goals. I'd say the odds are too high and should be taken - Cameroon v Ivory Coast Over 2.5 2.62 Guinea v Mali Over 2.5 2.62 Both with William Hill Both 6 points Total stake: 12 points
Results: Cameroon 0 Ivory Coast 1 Bet lost, returns nil Guinea 1 Mali 1 Bet lost, returns nil Total stake: 12 points Total return: nil Profit/loss = -12 points

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Saturday QF previews: 3pts Congo vs DR Congo - Draw 2/1 Ladbrokes I think given what is on this game we can expect a pretty tight match. DR Congo seem to specialise in draws and while Congo have got their noses in front in their last two matches they haven’t always been convincing and now that we’re in knockout football everyone may just clam up a little bit so given all of that the draw must have every chance in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/congo-vs-dr-congo-betting-opening-quarter-final-likely-to-be-a-very-tight-affair 3pts Tunisia to beat Equatorial Guinea 6/5 Coral The hosts have done really well to make it this far in the tournament but if Tunisia are on it I expect them to come through this one. They probably aren’t the best side left in the tournament but they are the better of these two and look to have the confidence defensively combined with the creativity up front to play with a bit of a swagger which I like so I’m with Tunisia here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/tunisia-vs-equatorial-guinea-betting-tunisia-should-be-too-good-for-the-hosts

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 31 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Congo v Congo DR (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.8 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Tunisia v Equatorial Guinea (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 1 February 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Ghana v Guinea (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.6 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Ivory Coast v Algeria (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.12 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.9 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]