** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 17 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Equatorial Guinea v Congo (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.85[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Burkina Faso v Gabon (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 18 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Zambia v Congo DR (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Tunisia v Cape Verde (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.24[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 19 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ghana v Senegal (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Algeria v South Africa (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.12[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.23 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 20 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ivory Coast v Guinea (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.57[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.95[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Mali v Cameroon (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread I do think Cape Verde is a big dark horse. I know most of their players has some play in Portugal, but the main fact is that every player there plays outside from Cape Verde championships, and almost every one in the call-up plays in competitive european championships. Their weakest link is still their defensive line and goalkeepers, but they have a very experienced and varied midfield, and their attack just boosts with talent with Ryan Mendes, Gerry Rodrigues, Kuca (watch out for this one, outstanding player), Djaniny, Heldon...on their day, they can surely do damage to almost all of the teams in this competition. The market is overrating Zambia as they were champions once, but Cape Verde is much stronger than Zambia atm. Their first match is the hardest one against Tunisia, group favourite. It will all come down on how they manage to play against Zambia. If they win against them, they will qualify. Cape Verde to qualify from 2.25. Also like Islam Slimani @ 9 for top goalscorer of the competition. Algeria may be in the group of death but they are played well, have outstanding talent among them in many players, and although Islam Slimani isn't the most technically gifted player, he surely is a great striker. His aerial ability is the best in the competition and he has that ability to score in crucial moments. He will surely be a starter and should he be lucky to avoid injuries and if Algeria reach the semis (although I think they will be winners here), I'm pretty certain he could end up the competition with 5 or more goals.

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread 17th January to 8th February (Originally scheduled for Morocco, changed to Equatorial Guinea because Morocco refused to host it due to Ebola concerns) Group A Equatorial Guinea Burkina Faso Gabon Congo Group B Zambia Tunisia Cape Verde DR Congo Group C Ghana Algeria South Africa Senegal Group D Ivory Coast Mali Cameroon Guinea The top two in each group qualify for the knockout stages. Nigeria are the holders, but failed to qualify this time. Winners of the last ten tournaments were: South Africa Egypt (4 times) Cameroon (twice) Tunisia Zambia Nigeria Although winning 4 of the last 10 competitions, Egypt failed to qualify this time. The competition has been played 29 times in total. Egypt (7), Ghana (4) and Cameroon (4) have the most wins. Ghana and Cameroon qualified this time. Bookies favourites this year are Ivory Coast and Algeria. Official site: http://www.cafonline.com/en-us/compe...uinea2015/home Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Africa_Cup_of_Nations

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread I don't understand why Equatorial Guinea should be favourites against Congo, even with the obvious referee help. They have only two players from good leagues - Emilio Nsue from Middlesborough and Balboa from Estoril. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_Guinea_national_football_team On the other hand, Congo have players from Ligue 1, Primera, Switzerland and Belgium. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_Guinea_national_football_team N'Dinga from Olympiakos made a very good impression in the Champions League this season. Congo also have a very experienced national team coach - Claude le Roy, while Equatorial Guinea coach's best achievement is in woman's football. Congo to with 0 AH is available at 2.35.

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread I think the way to go here is with Equatorial Guinea.I think they are righly favourites to win this one.Surprisingly,after Morocco denied as a Cup host,Equatorial Guinea are hosting this year's ACN.Esteban Becker was hired as a head coach about a month ago.Equatorial Guinea started the ACN during 2012 with 2 consecutive wins over Libya and Senagal but were eliminated at 1\8 by Ivory Coast.Congo haven't played in this cup for a 14 years and the abcense of the retired Samba won't help them much.As we know 1st games are always tight and nervy but i think the odds represent great value here.Both teams faced each other in a friendly game 8 years ago which i doubt could be relevant but Congo won it(2:1) I think the home factor and the help from the referees + the abcense of a key defender will benefit the home side very much so i expect a flying start from them.HW @ 2.2 with bet365. 1:1

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread

I don't understand why Equatorial Guinea should be favourites against Congo' date=' even with the obvious referee help. They have only two players from good leagues - Emilio Nsue from Middlesborough and Balboa from Estoril. [url']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_Guinea_national_football_team On the other hand, Congo have players from Ligue 1, Primera, Switzerland and Belgium. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_Guinea_national_football_team N'Dinga from Olympiakos made a very good impression in the Champions League this season. Congo also have a very experienced national team coach - Claude le Roy, while Equatorial Guinea coach's best achievement is in woman's football. Congo to with 0 AH is available at 2.35.
Also Equatorial Guinea haven't played a football match since June 1. In that period Congo have played 9 matches, 8 of them competitive.

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread I saw Ivory Coast lose 2-0 to a very inexperienced Sweden yesterday. Although Ivory Coast had far more shots than Sweden, they repeatedly finished poorly (Gervinho was the worst culprit) and as a team they faded badly in the second half, when Sweden scored two good goals. I don't they should be 5.0 favourites on the basis of that showing. http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/ivory-coast-beaten-final-afcon-warm

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Balboa and Nsue are good players for AFC standards, but the quality of some of Equatorial Guinea's starters is shockingly poor. Three of the expected starters for tomorrow play in the local championship which is surely one of the poorest in Africa, one of the defenders plays in Malta and one of the midfielders in Andorra. Two of the expected starters from the local championship play in a club called Leones Vegetarianos, "The Vegetarian Lions". I think that the name of the club speaks enough of how serious the level is. Also the midfield partner of the Andorra-based player comes from the Vietnam league.

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Ivory Coast are way too skinny for me, most players are past their best and they are priced up as if we were playing this tournament 6 years ago. They are obviously good going forward but their defence is generally a shambles, Cameroon put 4 past them in qualifying and I would have them as a better bet than IC. Cameroon topped the qualifying group also but are now priced 3.0 to win the group against 1.8 for IC? Cameroon are definitely more solid in defence and after the WC moved on from a lot of older players who were causing tension like Eto, Song and Ekotto. They will be looking for Olympique Lyon's Clinton Mua Njie and Vincent Aboubakar of Porto, the two men who scored a combined seven goals in the qualifiers to carry on their form and have Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting of Schalke who is the main playmaker. I won't bet on them to win the group as the price has come down a bit but at 1.5 to qualify they are worth a punt. We saw what Algeria were capable of at the WC, a very strong side full of technical players with tons of ability. They have the best midfield in the tournament who depth all through the squad. The only question is can they produce in this part of the world? Sub-saharan Africa is not an easy place to go and win a tournament if you are not from that part of the world, they have historically struggled to adapt to the conditions in this part of the world too. While this is all true I am swayed by the solid look the team has and I can't see them suddenly falling apart because of the conditions. It's easy to just look through the teams squads and select the country with the most European based players but this has rarely provided success from a betting point of view. This point counts against Cameroon and this team is fairly newly put together but you can't ignore the fact that they only conceded once in qualifying and look very strong. Although it's not probably the most fashionable side you could do worse than go for Burkina Faso to win the tournament. They got to the final in 2013 and have kept the same squad and manager, it is generally the sides who are well drilled who do well in the tournament, it will certainly take a good team to knock them out. I've gone for sides I feel will not be overwhelmed at the back, attacks might win matches but defences win tournaments! Cameroon to Qualify from Group D - 1.5 - 8 Points - bet365 Algeria to Win ACN - 5.5 e/w - 2 Points - betfred Cameroon To Win ACN - 12 e/w - 2 Points - various Burkina Faso To Win ACN - 21 e/w - 2 Points - bet365

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Tournament preview: 1pt ew Burkina Faso to win African Cup of Nations 20/1 Bet365 (1/2 1-2) Groups A and B definitely look weaker in terms of talent but shouldn’t be any less competitive but one side in this area of the draw really interests me and that is the 2013 runners up Burkina Faso. They’ve landed themselves in a lovely part of the draw with the hosts Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and Congo. It is hard not to see them qualifying for the quarter final where there isn’t a tough draw waiting for them and once in the last four this tournament becomes anyone’s really. Although Alain Traore is highly injury prone when he is fit, as he is going into this tournament, he is a potential African superstar and with the likes of Jonathan Pitroipa, Charles Kabore and Bacary Kone around him the Stallions look set for another good go at this title. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/african-nations-cup-betting-burkina-faso-can-go-one-better-than-2013

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Top Goalscorer preview: 1pt ew J.Pitroipa Top Goalscorer 40/1 Bet365 (1/4 1-4) Jonathan Pitroipa was the player of the tournament two years ago and he was the top scorer in the qualifying campaign too so he has to be overpriced at 40/1 especially with Burkina Faso seemingly having a nice draw to the semi final. This tournament does have a third placed playoff so once you get to the semi finals you are guaranteed maximum playing time and barring injury he is going to be on the field all the time unlike Alain Traore who may be used a little more sparingly. Pitroipa is clearly an exciting goal threat and looks great value at 40/1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/african-nations-cup-betting-jonathan-pitroipa-can-push-for-golden-boot-at-a-big-price

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Saturday previews: 3pts Congo to beat Equatorial Guinea 5/2 Paddy Power Equatorial Guinea have their second chance in this tournament after being booted out of it originally for fielding an ineligible player only to get back in when they volunteered to host the tournament. Aside from home advantage though it is hard to see what they have got going for them here and you would have to say Congo look good value in this match. Congo turned over Nigeria in qualifying so they must be going alright and they’re my pick in the opener. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/equatorial-guinea-vs-congo-betting-congo-look-value-to-see-off-the-hosts-in-the-opener 3pts Burkina Faso vs Gabon - Draw 2/1 Stan James I think this will be a close match. These two look the standout sides in the group and often that can tighten things up a little bit. Both know that if they avoid defeat here they have more comfortable matches to come where they should get enough to qualify for the next round. If I had to pick a winner I would slightly side with the Stallions but I quite like the look of the draw here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/burkina-faso-vs-gabon-betting-standout-sides-in-group-a-could-be-hard-to-split

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Sunday previews: 4pts DR Congo (+0.25AH) to beat Zambia Evs Paddy Power DR Congo have proved hard to beat over recent times although they haven’t always found the net as often as they would like but I’m not convinced Zambia are going to be free scoring in this tournament either. I fancy this to be a tight game as all first matches in these competitions often are but if there is a winner I’m going to side with it being DR Congo in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zambia-vs-dr-congo-betting-dr-congo-can-open-up-with-a-win-in-a-tight-game 4pts Cape Verde (+0.25AH) to beat Tunisia Evs BetVictor I think this will be a close match and given that the opening matches in these tournaments are often tight I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends all square but Cape Verde are a good side technically and they do have players who can break the opponents down so there could be value in taking them on the Asian handicaps in case they are able to sneak a winner in a tight match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/tunisia-vs-cape-verde-betting-cape-verde-look-good-value-on-the-asian-lines

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Monday previews: 4pts Ghana vs Senegal - Over 2 goals 1.85 Unibet I’ve a feeling this group will provide us with a few goals because the attacking players on display are so good. Both sides have attacking options who have plied their trade in the best leagues in the world and contributed a lot in the process. Neither side look absolutely watertight at the back although obviously the first game of the event could make this a bit tighter than we’d like. This is such a tough group though and both sides should be looking at two wins at least to qualify so I’m hoping for, and expecting, a few goals here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ghana-vs-senegal-betting-group-of-death-can-open-up-with-a-few-goals 4pts Algeria vs South Africa - Over 2 goals 2.02 Unibet These two sides were the sides I had my eye on as contenders for the tournament before the draw was made. I think both are good sides and as with the other game in this group I think we’ll see a few goals here. Algeria have an attacking unit that is the rival of anything in this tournament but South Africa aren’t short of goals or attacking motivation themselves so at odds against over 2 goals looks nice here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/algeria-vs-south-africa-betting-algeria-and-south-africa-can-live-up-to-expectations

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Tuesday previews: 4pts Ivory Coast (-1AH) to beat Guinea 2.03 BetVictor You don’t get too many easy wins in the first games of these events but I do think this will be one for the Ivory Coast. They have so much attacking power that I can’t see them not being too good here. The only question revolves around how many they win by but I’m happy to take them on the Asian handicap as any win gives us a push and the chances of a two or more goal win is slightly above evens in my eyes. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ivory-coast-vs-guinea-betting-ivory-coast-can-open-up-with-a-comfortable-win 4pts Mali vs Cameroon - Under 2 goals 1.96 Unibet Cameroon have been one of the better sides in qualifying for this tournament and they are a lot of people’s tip to come through and win this thing. If they are to go that this is a game they could do with winning with the Ivory Coast to come. The fact the Ivory Coast lurk around the corner makes me think neither side will take many risks in this match so I see this one being a tight and cagey affair so goals may be at a premium here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mali-vs-cameroon-betting-final-game-of-the-opening-round-can-be-a-low-scorer

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread

Monday previews: 4pts Ghana vs Senegal - Over 2 goals 1.85 Unibet I’ve a feeling this group will provide us with a few goals because the attacking players on display are so good. Both sides have attacking options who have plied their trade in the best leagues in the world and contributed a lot in the process. Neither side look absolutely watertight at the back although obviously the first game of the event could make this a bit tighter than we’d like. This is such a tough group though and both sides should be looking at two wins at least to qualify so I’m hoping for, and expecting, a few goals here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ghana-vs-senegal-betting-group-of-death-can-open-up-with-a-few-goals 4pts Algeria vs South Africa - Over 2 goals 2.02 Unibet These two sides were the sides I had my eye on as contenders for the tournament before the draw was made. I think both are good sides and as with the other game in this group I think we’ll see a few goals here. Algeria have an attacking unit that is the rival of anything in this tournament but South Africa aren’t short of goals or attacking motivation themselves so at odds against over 2 goals looks nice here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/algeria-vs-south-africa-betting-algeria-and-south-africa-can-live-up-to-expectations
I agree here, both games look like they got some goals in it. Ghana plays an attacking style of football with Gyan upfront and the brothers Ayew on the flanks. Pretty deadly tbh! All their games went over or both to score last summer and besides that, they missed a lot of chances too for more goals. Senegal on the other hand looks very promising this year. Great squad in terms of quality and experience. Maybe they even got a better squad overall than Ghana imo especially at the back. Both teams know a win could be crucial here but on the other hand a loss too. But I just can't see how these teams would cancel each other out for 90 minutes. Ghana will always go for the win especially in their first game. Senegal failed the last couple of years but this year I give them a chance to progress and atleast avoid a defeat today. Anyways, main bet in this game is definitely both teams to score around evens and the over also looks tempting. Let's hope for an early goal of Senegal than this game will go crazy :-). I like algeria to win, they really surprised me at the WC in a positive way and I rate them as one of the favorites this year. South africa is always a tough nut to crack but lack quality overall imo. Should be a tight win for algeria and I might cover the 1-1 correct score. Goodluck

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Personally,i can't see Senegal troubling Ghana too much.It's just Mane is so vital for them as well as for Southamton.He works so ahrd no matter in attack or defence and without him i can't see who's going to orchestrate the attacks.Senegal play open and attractive football and no way they'll sit back and wait.Ghana are just incredible going forward and this game screams goals.I will be on Ghana to win & over 2.5 @ 4.5 and COrrect Score 3:1 @ 23 all with bet365.GL!

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Gyan is out due illness. This is their line-up! Ghana starting line up:Razak Brimah, Harrison Afful; Abdul Rahman; Awal Mohammed, Jonathan Mensah, Daniel Amartey; Rabiu Mohammed, Agyemag Badu; Christian Atsu, Andre Ayew; Jordan Ayew. Should be good for goals! Now let's hope Senegal scores too.

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 21 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Equatorial Guinea v Burkina Faso (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.08[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Gabon v Congo (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 22 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Zambia v Tunisia (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Cape Verde v Congo DR (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 23 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ghana v Algeria (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]South Africa v Senegal (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread The record of Ivory Coast's golden generation in Africa Cup of Nations group stage is 11 Wins 2 Draws 1 Loss, which is a very good record. They have failed to live up to expectations, but that is in the knock-out stages. Their only loss is in Cairo in 2006 against the mighty Egypt that won three tournaments in a row. Ivory Coast to win tonight priced at above 1.40 seems like a solid bet.

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Wednesday previews: 4pts Burkina Faso to beat Equatorial Guinea 21/20 Stan James I can’t say I was overly impressed with Equatorial Guinea in the opening match and they will need to improve now they take on a couple of good sides. The only thing which let Burkina Faso down in their opening match was their inability to find the net but they do have players who can put the ball away and against weaker opposition here I expect them to take advantage of that and keep their hopes alive. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/equatorial-guinea-vs-burkina-faso-betting-burkina-faso-can-earn-much-needed-win 4pts Gabon to beat Congo Evs Skybet Gabon looked very good going forward in the first game and if they show the same quality in attacking areas in this match then I would expect them to come out winners here. They will be highly motivated to win this match and get through with a game to spare so that should guarantee a strong performance. Congo seemed to lack a belief for long spells of their first match and that isn’t encouraging so it is Gabon for me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/gabon-vs-congo-betting-gabon-can-seal-quarter-final-spot-with-win-over-congo

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Gabon Over 1.5 Goals @ 2.37 (bet365) for a 0.55 stake This African Cup of Nations have proved that there are no easy matches. Even the lowest reputation sides are performing really well against the top tiers, and although I think Congo will be a tight contest for Gabon once again, I do think this match could would some goals, and Gabon are rightly the favourites after their win against 2013 runner-up Burkina Faso, by 2-0. Gabon looked a bit shaky in the back, and were saved by an impressive performane of their GK Didier Ovono, but upfront they looked really sharp and effective on the counter, with Bulot and Aubameyang on the wings performing really well, with the latter one being one of the best african players in the world, currently. And also looks in good form. Congo looked very bad in the first half against Equatorial Guinea. Manager Le Roy has said in the post-match press that E. Guinea employed dirty tactics before the match by delaying the Congo bus from arriving to the stadium by an hour, which led them with less time to heaten up and to adapt to local conditions. However, their second half was really good, full of intensity. They only managed to draw in the 87', and they actually could have won it in stoppage time. Overall, they looked a bit dangerous in attack, but defensively, not that good. I do think Gabon has a good chance of scoring twice, as Congo did not look very secure in the back even against a very weak Equatorial Guinea. Congo will possibly step up and try to win it, and maybe employ risky tactics at some moments in the match, and that may leave them exposed to Gabon strong counter-attacking moves and Aubameyang ability on and off the ball. Also, Gabon did not look that good at the back as well (oh, African teams...), and they could also concede as well, which would oblige them to score twice if they want to win it. Would say 2-1 and 2-0 are quite possible results.

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Thursday previews: 4pts Zambia vs Tunisia - Both sides to score 13/8 William Hill I can’t say I was overly impressed with either of these sides in their opening matches so both will need to improve, especially defensively as they both conceded a number of good opportunities. We’ve seen more of an attacking intent in this tournament than previous stagings of this event and so I fancy both teams to score to be the better bet rather than trying to work out who is the better of the two sides. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zambia-vs-tunisia-betting-both-sides-can-find-the-net-in-crucial-group-b-match 3pts Cape Verde to beat DR Congo 15/8 Coral I’m looking forward to this match as both were good to watch in their opening match in the tournament. Both had an attacking instinct which was good to see and it could be that the side who defends the best runs out the winners here. I fancy that side is more likely to be Cape Verde so I’m expecting them to win what should be another entertaining match in this tournament. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cape-verde-vs-dr-congo-betting-cape-verde-can-edge-out-dr-congo-in-group-b

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread Friday previews: 4pts Ghana vs Algeria - Over 2.25 goals 2.10 Bet365 I think the very nature of Ghana’s plight in this tournament means we are going to see an attacking match here. They have to push the boat out a little because defeat here will be the end of their existence in the tournament and in all reality a draw is most likely going to see them out in the end too. Algeria looked wide open at the back in their opening match so this is very much a game where attacks should in theory be on top of defence so I’m expecting goals here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ghana-vs-algeria-betting-ghana-s-need-for-a-win-can-ensure-goals-in-this-one 4pts South Africa vs Senegal - Over 2.25 goals 2.07 Bet365 As with the other game in this group I think the situation South Africa find themselves in will ensure this is a fairly open game. It must be said they looked good going forward against Algeria until it came to the finishing part of the move but if they can be a bit more clinical there could be something in this for them. We’ve seen Senegal’s attacking options and the quality they provide so I’m expecting goals in this one too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-senegal-betting-attacking-south-africans-can-ensure-we-see-more-goals

Re: African Cup of Nations 2015 Thread ACN: Cape Verde-DR Congo We are on DR Congo to qualify from this group at decent odds and I am happy with that bet, they could have taken all three points from their opener with Zambia, the preview of which is reproduced below in full, but equally, a lot of teams could have fallen away after conceding inside 60 seconds at the start of the game . They did not and whilst it took a while for them to get back into the contest, they created enough chances to have won the game , most coaches afterwards would have spoken about that, but Congo's head honcho Florent Ibenge was more critical saying:"We conceded a goal in the first minute but what was really disturbing, is that we made no immediate reaction."This was rectified in the second half to come from behind, but overall we were disappointed with the result. "Football is not mathematics, it is only necessary work." Everything we did in the preparation went well but in the first game some players left that all behind." That speaks to be of a really good work ethic and belief in their ability to me, Ibenge also revealed that he had left out midfielder Neekens Kebano, who many view as a potential star at this tournament, from the opener as a tactical move and we are likely to see him in action today and also highlights the options they have. Cape Verde once again showed that they will be very difficult to beat in a 1-1 darw with Tunisia and created chances in the first half, however, they looked to visible tire after the break and after falling behind, were awarded a very dubious looking penalty to get them back into the game. They have come a long way as a footballing nation in a very short time, but Cape Verde is tiny, most of the players are with second tier european sides and although they have quality up front, they look a little short in midfield and that is where I expect DRC to win the game. The quick turnaround probably doesn't favour the smaller nation and after an intense opener, they claim that several players are doubts ( without giving names) after picking up knocks. There is no need to get overly involved if you are already on to qualify, but if not, or you are keen to play......1.25 units DR Congo level ball 2.01 asian line/Sportmarket.