** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Carlton Mid ODI Tri-series

kevshat

Australia, India and England finalise their preparations for the World Cup by facing each other in a tri series over the next three weeks. ODIs in Australia are always good watches and given what is to follow these should be highly competitive. All games are live on Sky in the UK. Schedule:

• Fri Jan 16 (50 ovs) 03:20 GMT | 14:20 local 03:20 GMT 1st Match - Australia v England Sydney Cricket Ground LIVE D/N 30.png18 - 30° C
  • Sun Jan 18 (50 ovs) 03:20 GMT | 14:20 local 03:20 GMT 2nd Match - Australia v India Melbourne Cricket Ground LIVE D/N 30.png11 - 20° C
  • Tue Jan 20 (50 ovs) 03:20 GMT | 13:20 local 03:20 GMT 3rd Match - England v India Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane LIVE D/N 04.png20 - 28° C
  • Fri Jan 23 (50 ovs) 03:20 GMT | 14:20 local 03:20 GMT 4th Match - Australia v England Bellerive Oval, Hobart LIVE D/N N/A
  • Mon Jan 26 (50 ovs) 03:20 GMT | 14:20 local 03:20 GMT 5th Match - Australia v India Sydney Cricket Ground LIVE D/N N/A
  • Fri Jan 30 (50 ovs) 03:20 GMT | 11:20 local 03:20 GMT 6th Match - England v India Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth LIVE N/A
  • Sun Feb 1 (50 ovs) 03:20 GMT | 11:20 local 03:20 GMT Final - TBC v TBC (1 v 2) Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth LIVE

Re: Carlton Mid ODI Tri-series Series preview: 4pts Australia to win tri-series Evs TitanBet This series is fairly wide open just by the nature of the format. In previous tri-series in Australia there have been best of three match finals but the final of this is a one off game which means either of the two sides who get into it will have a chance. From that point of view India and England are good value in the outright market but to be honest I can’t see past Australia given the pool of players they can pick from if injuries bite over the next three weeks. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/carlton-mid-odi-tri-series-betting-australia-should-justify-favourites-tag-in-tri-series

Re: Carlton Mid ODI Tri-series Game 1 preview: 5pts Over 7.5 sixes Evs Skybet We saw in the Big Bash match here on Wednesday that there is going to be a short boundary on one side of the wicket and so I expect that to yield a few sixes. I expect both this series and the World Cup to be full of sixes and with neither bowling attack what you would call watertight here the series should begin with a flurry of sixes given the batting on offer here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-england-betting-tri-series-can-begin-with-a-raft-of-sixes

Re: Carlton Mid ODI Tri-series Game 2 preview: 4pts J.Faulkner's Performance Pts - 38&Over 5/6 Bet365 You would think Australia will win this match but this Indian batting line up isn’t one you want to be taking on and odds on. Instead I will side with a player who will be playing on his home ground here in James Faulkner. I think we saw against England that he is being lined up as Australia’s death bowler approaching the World Cup which means he’ll be bowling when the cheap wickets are handed out. He’s also a handy lower order hitter against a side who can’t bowl at the death for love nor money so I think his performance total of 38pts is well within range. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-india-betting-james-faulkner-can-enjoy-home-comforts-in-game-two

Re: Carlton Mid ODI Tri-series Game 3 preview: 4pts England Over 4.5 sixes 10/11 Paddy Power One thing we saw in the England innings on Friday was a real positive intent and I see no reason why that won’t continue here against a much weaker bowling attack. England now have a batting line up fill of six hitters and that is a theme I expect to see for the foreseeable future. With that in mind I think the over 4.5 sixes line on England looks a touch on the low side on a ground where the boundaries are often in and where a good batting wicket is guaranteed. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-india-betting-england-can-continue-to-hit-sixes-in-brisbane

Re: Carlton Mid ODI Tri-series Game 4 preview: 4pts Over 6.5 sixes 5/6 William Hill I’m expecting a high scoring game here even though Australia are without Warner and Bailey. The only reason the latter is an issue is this is his home ground but Marsh and White have been in good touch. By Australian standards these aren’t the longest boundaries and if the wickets in the Big Bash have been anything to go by it is likely to be a good wicket to bat on so with all that in mind I’m happy to take over 6.5 sixes here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-england-betting-hobart-wicket-should-be-good-for-a-number-of-sixes

Re: Carlton Mid ODI Tri-series Game 5 preview: 4pts A.Finch (-3.5 runs) to beat S.Dhawan 5/6 Ladbrokes The wicket may well favour India in this match and they could be value but I’m really keen to continue to take on Shikhar Dhawan. He is in rotten form at the minute and scores of just 1 and 2 in the series so far have done nothing to ease that. He looks all at sea against a moving ball and another low score awaits him. He’s matched up against Aaron Finch who has just found his form again and can continue that here. I’ll back him to outscore his opposite number by at least a boundary. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-india-betting-shikhar-dhawan-s-woes-can-continue-in-sydney

Re: Carlton Mid ODI Tri-series Game 6 preview: 4pts England to beat India Evs Ladbrokes India might be the better one day side of these two but they’ve looked a bit of a shambles since nearly winning the opening Test match and I’m not altogether convinced there is a lot of harmony in their camp. That will go against them and conditions most definitely will with the pace and bounce suiting England’s bowlers down to the ground. Their batsmen should be slightly more at home too so in these fast conditions I have to go with England to win this and move into the final. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-india-betting-quicker-conditions-can-suit-england-in-knockout-match

Re: Carlton Mid ODI Tri-series Pretty much came in here to post the same thing Kev. This game seems to have everything in England's favour. We like it fast and with bounce, which it will be, the Indians prefer the ball to keep low. The Indian seam attack is not going to scare anyone in the WC and a number of their batsmen look like walking wickets, especially Dhawan. We on the other hand look pretty fresh with the ball and the batsmen will enjoy the conditions. All over us.........for once!

Re: Carlton Mid ODI Tri-series Final preview: 4pts No century 10/11 Stan James We saw on Friday how tricky this wicket is to bat on and with both bowling attacks going well at the minute the 10/11 on no century in this match looks a little too tempting to me. Bowlers are often on top here anyway but with the variable bounce we saw on the track on Friday likely to be in the batsmen’s minds 100 will look a long way off. I would imagine this will be relatively low scoring so no century appeals most. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-england-betting-batsmen-may-struggle-on-dodgy-perth-track