** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf > January 15th - 18th

Aidymac

Re: Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf > January 15th - 18th Top Asian Player Byeong Hun-An Each Way @ 15-2 [skybet] 1/5 123 Another talented young gun from Korea who won the US Amateur at age 18. Showed his talent further with a prominent showing at last years Open. Has come through the challenge tour to earn playing rights on the main tour this year, and kicked off with a good finish in South Africa last month. With only 7 rivals in this market, its a bet worth making

Re: Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf > January 15th - 18th Tournament preview: 1pt ew B.Grace to win Abu Dhabi Championship 40/1 Bet365 (1/4 1-5) Branden Grace has been good to me in recent times and I see no reason to desert him now. He cruised to victory in the Alfred Dunhill Championship just before Christmas and got any Christmas rust out of his system in the South African Open last week where he performed fairly well given the break. He should be nicely primed for this and already has a top 5 finish here. This course looks a good one for him the way he is driving the ball and if the putter remains warm the South African should go very close to a second title in six weeks here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/abu-dhabi-championship-betting-branden-grace-can-have-another-strong-tilt-at-a-title

Re: Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf > January 15th - 18th Top player previews: 1pt ew T.Olesen Top Continental European 15/1 Stan James (1/4 1-4) One man who has a decent enough record both in this event and in the desert as a whole is Thorbjorn Olesen. Olesen has two top 10s around this track and he finished last year in excellent form after a fairly quiet nine months or so. He has the length to burst this course apart and he finds the right number of greens to give himself a lot of birdie looks this week. Even in a strong field I think he has every chance to be the leading continental European. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/abu-dhabi-championship-betting-thorbjorn-olesen-can-impress-in-the-uae-once-again 1pt ew D.Willett Top GB & Ire Player 14/1 Bet365 (1/4 1-4) It hasn’t been hard to notice Danny Willett’s form in recent times. He cruised to victory in the Nedbank Challenge where he blitzed the fairways and greens over the weekend and he came so close to another win the week after before running out of steam down the stretch. He should be refreshed after the Christmas break for this tournament and with his injury issues seemingly behind him I expect his form to continue with a strong tournament this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/abu-dhabi-championship-betting-danny-willett-can-impress-on-another-big-stage

Re: Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf > January 15th - 18th Rest of the World market. George Coetzee EW 14/1 place 1,2,34. George Coetzee is a recognizable name in world golf and I think it would be fair to say the big South African has punched below his weight on the tour so far with only one European Tour win to his name.That being the Joburg open last February. It would seem that Abu Dhabi is much to his liking. Tied 4th last year and a tie for 6th in 2012 tells you he is fairly at home in the desert. Coetzee was playing reasonable in SA before Christmas and a good couple of weeks in the sands should tune him up for a defence of his Joburg title. I doubt if he has the weapons to take the title but may well show up to good effect in this reduced field. Part of the reason I am not tipping him for outright success is the strength of this field. I think Mc Ilroy will be hard to beat. I am expecting fireworks from him this year. Stenson, Fowler, Rose and Kaymer are certainly no slouches. Charl Swartzel a definite avoid after his 26 handicap performance on Sunday. GL with your wagers.

Re: Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf > January 15th - 18th I like your Coetzee bet Jackie, I think he will figure this week. Also can't argue with Kev's picks, think Olesen also will get involved... Have stuck to the PGA myself this weekend, but will watch with interest.

Re: Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf > January 15th - 18th 1 pt e/w G Coetzee @ 55/1 Paddy Power (6 places) Coetzee's record in this event reads T6-T9-T4, showing he clearly has a liking for this course. It could be argued that he could have finished much higher last year had it not been for his disappointing third round. He comes into this on the back of two missed cuts, however, he did exactly the same last year in the same two tournaments before finishing 4th back in this event. He is certainly a player who is reasonably consistent, and I think he will be close this year 1 pt e/w T Olesen @ 33/1 Paddy Power (6 places) I actually think the Dane is a good outside bet for the Masters this year, so I'm hopeful he finds his form early season. His record in this event reads T8-T2-T56, and although the T56 is a somewhat poor blot, he really impressed me towards the end of last season. If he starts off in that type of form, he is clearly able to play around here, and I'm hopeful he can be right in contention come Sunday. 0.25 pt win J Carlsson @ 520.0 Betfair 0.25 pt top 10 @ 22.0 Betfair A bit of a left wing selection, but Carlsson finished a good 7th in this event last year, actually shooting the lowest round on the final day (the 3rd lowest of the tournament I think). He didn't follow on from that although showed a sign of returning to form at the end of last season with a 5th at the KLM open, then improving finishes T33-T22 in his final two events. A longshot by all means, but there's no way I make him a 519/1 shot.

Re: Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf > January 15th - 18th

Top Asian Player Byeong Hun-An Each Way @ 15-2 [skybet] 1/5 123 Another talented young gun from Korea who won the US Amateur at age 18. Showed his talent further with a prominent showing at last years Open. Has come through the challenge tour to earn playing rights on the main tour this year, and kicked off with a good finish in South Africa last month. With only 7 rivals in this market, its a bet worth making
Won

Re: Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf > January 15th - 18th Delighted that no-one here took Kaymer. As good as Gary Stal was, Kaymer was awful. It never ceases to amaze me some of the shots players go for with such a big lead. Took driver on the relatively short par 4 13th when he'd been hitting 3W all week & ended up with a triple bogey. Schwartzel last week, Kaymer this! A surprising start to 2015 on the European Tour. If Rose, Garcia or Stenson are 5 clear next week in Qatar with 9 to play, hit that lay button.

Re: Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf > January 15th - 18th

Top Asian Player Byeong Hun-An Each Way @ 15-2 [skybet] 1/5 123 Another talented young gun from Korea who won the US Amateur at age 18. Showed his talent further with a prominent showing at last years Open. Has come through the challenge tour to earn playing rights on the main tour this year, and kicked off with a good finish in South Africa last month. With only 7 rivals in this market, its a bet worth making
Very nice call indeed Striker:clap. Comfortable win in the end. A fine lesson in looking at all markets for value. Well done. I don't know what price Stal was when Kaymer was ten shots clear. I thought Swartzel's meltdown last week was horrendous but Kaymer's was triple x and one for the hall of shame for sure. Cashout has to be the new friend of the golf punter!