** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Copa Del Rey > January 13th - 15th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 13 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Espanyol v Valencia (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.38[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Levante UD v Málaga (21:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 14 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Athletic Bilbao v Celta de Vigo (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Getafe v UD Almería (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Real Sociedad v Villarreal (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.94[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sevilla v Granada CF (21:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 15 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Real Madrid v Atlético de Madrid (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Elche CF v FC Barcelona (21:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]16.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.24[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 13th - 15th 7 regular players were not included in Levante`s squad for the game against Malaga in Copa Del Rey: Casadesus- top scorer (4 goals), Pape Diop (regular DM), Morales (regular midfielder, 3 goals), Navarro (regular central defender), Ivanschitz (regular midfielder, 1 goal), Sissoko (regular DM) and Victor Perez. Levante scored only 13 goals this season. Players who scored 8 of 13 goals will not take part in this game. Levante doesn’t care about Copa Del Rey because they have been always resting their regular players for Copa del Rey games. In the previous cup tie against Albacete and in the first game against Malaga they also rested their regular players. Malaga easily won the first game 2-0. And now Levante need to win with 3 goal difference in order to go to the next cup tie. Of course Levante coach understands it is impossible that’s why Levante will field a weak lineup against Malaga. Moreover in the weekend Levante will play against their direct rival in the relegation battle- Elche. So the game against Elche is much more important for them than the game against Malaga. As to Malaga, their coach included all regular players in the squad. Only couple of long term injured players are missing. And their coach said at the press conference that Copa del Rey is very important for Malaga and he will field the best players against Levante. So my pick is Malaga win. Pinnacle.Odds 2.38

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 13th - 15th Copa del Rey: Levante- Malaga The visitors already lead 2-0 from the first leg and nicely placed in 7th place in La Liga , just 5 points adrift of Seviila who are currently in the final Champions League spot and whom they travel to meet at the weekend, this is a typical match where i would normally be siding with the hosts, mindful that Malaga will progress with a draw or narrow defeat. However, surely this season has to be all about survival for Levante, they are in the drop zone , face a relegation six pointer with Elche in a few days time and then have a road derby game with Villarreal and we can argue that both are far more important than this fixture and that is how they look to be approaching things. Already without midfielder Pape Diop who is away on ACN duty and defender Víctor Pérez through injury, they have opted to leave out completely defender Navarro, forwards Morales, Casadesús, Ivanschitz and midfielder Sissoko. Those five have averaged over 14 starts between them in La Liga and the three strikers have scored 8 of just 13 goals that the hosts have scored in the league and it is clear where Levante feel their priorities lie and that is obviously the correct decision. Reward for winning this game is almost certainly a quarter final double header with Sevilla over the next two midweeks, that will mean Malaga playing Los Rojiblancos threetimes inside 11 days with the league meeting sandwiched inbetween. I suspect neither of them really want that, but I doubt Levante feel up to two additional games verses a strong opponent and it is close to impossible to see how Malaga can avoid it, especially if Levante lack motivation. Therefore, it is best to make the most of tonight's fixture, try to take a win into the weekend fixture and to build some momentum. I assume that is the way they feel too, as to my surprise, they have come with their absolute strongest squad, including all 11 starters from their last La Liga game and any rotation looks set to be absolutely minimal. We have to be wary about motivation and I am rarely keen to bet teams who do not need to win, but this makes a lot of sense and I expect an away win. 1.5 units Malaga -0.5 ball 2.35 asian line/Sportmarket. Levante:1 Jesús Fernández, 13 Mariño, 2 Iván, 3 Toño, 5 Héctor Rodas, 6 Vyntra,12 Juanfran,15 Nikos, 16 El Adoua,19 Pedro López, 8 El Zhar, 10 Rubén,14 Gavilán, 17 Xumetra, 24 Simao, 26 Camarasa, 7 Barral, 9 Rafael. Malaga: Kameni, Amrabat, Antunes, Samuel, Ricardo Horta, Ochoa, Recio, Angeleri, Duda, Rosales, Casado, Luis Alberto, Miguel Torres, Filipenko, Juanmi, Juanpi, Samu Castillejo , Sergi Darder. If you are following this game "in running", Malaga make good adjustments at the break and are an excellent 9-1 ( goals scored- conceded) in the first 30 minutes of the second half, Levante have conceded a league high 21 goals in the second half and are very poor through the middle third (31-60th min) when they are a terrible 2-14 goals (scored -conceded). It is very easy to see the stronger visitor dominating through this period.

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 13th - 15th Espanyol - Valencia Espanyol is a team that is steadily in the middle of the table in Primera Division, they have no fear of relagation and no hope of playing in Europe, so they pay attention to the cup as a chance for distiction. They need 1 goal to qualify or more if they concede any. Valencia also has high hopes for Copa del Rey this season and they have to defend the 2-1 from the first game in ''Mestaya''.They come from a bad appearance against Celta but since they remain unbeaten in the last 8 games this draw may turn out good for them. Today they need a fast goal to ensure the qualification. Over 2.5 @ 2.12 Marathonbet

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 13th - 15th Looks like another opportunity for David Moyes to prove himself, by beating Villarreal and proceed to the next stage in the competition ! He hasn't done too badly for now but definately a lot more improvements he can make, especially when he is drawing matches after matches in La Liga.

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 13th - 15th I think Real Madrid will take what is theirs today.I tipped succesfully Atletico to lose against Barca and i think we might be seeing a dip in the visiting side form.Real bouncedback after the cup defeat by scoring 3 agaist Espanyol and there's no chance Ancelotti to field a weaker starting squad in order to keep the players fresher for the weekend because another derby defeat could be crucial for the championship as well as the cup.The pressure on the home team is rising after 2 consecutive loses to top teams and after The golden ball had been given to Ronaldo i expect him to be fired up for today to give 101% of himself to score.I think Atletico are losing speed and the signing of Torres was a desperate move to back things back on tracks.As i wrote in my previous posts,Atletico are nothing special,far from playing their best football.I think the home side will grab the win and we have every chance to see a late turnover with Real Madrd qualifying.My main bet is HW & over 2.5 @ 2.2 with bet 365 and a sporting punt on correct score 3:1 @ 12.GL! 2:2 Sent from my iPhone using PL Forum app

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 13th - 15th

I think Real Madrid will take what is theirs today.I tipped succesfully Atletico to lose against Barca and i think we might be seeing a dip in the visiting side form.Real bouncedback after the cup defeat by scoring 3 agaist Espanyol and there's no chance Ancelotti to field a weaker starting squad in order to keep the players fresher for the weekend because another derby defeat could be crucial for the championship as well as the cup.The pressure on the home team is rising after 2 consecutive loses to top teams and after The golden ball had been given to Ronaldo i expect him to be fired up for today to give 101% of himself to score.I think Atletico are losing speed and the signing of Torres was a desperate move to back things back on tracks.As i wrote in my previous posts,Atletico are nothing special,far from playing their best football.I think the home side will grab the win and we have every chance to see a late turnover with Real Madrd qualifying.My main bet is HW & over 2.5 @ 2.2 with bet 365 and a sporting punt on correct score 3:1 @ 12.GL! Sent from my iPhone using PL Forum app
I am in agreement with you Simeon and think Madrid will dominate tonight despite their poor performance in the first leg. The odds of 3.25 for Real Madrid to qualify look decent value to me too for a small stake.

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 13th - 15th I'm not sure about Real v Atletico. Games between these two are often tight and Atletico are often priced too long (as in the first leg). I do like Barcelona's odds in their second leg at Elche though. Barcelona lead 5-0 from the first leg. Although Barcelona are apparently fielding mainly B players, I think Barcelona B may well prove too good for Elche and win by a few goals.

I think Real Madrid will take what is theirs today.I tipped succesfully Atletico to lose against Barca and i think we might be seeing a dip in the visiting side form.Real bouncedback after the cup defeat by scoring 3 agaist Espanyol and there's no chance Ancelotti to field a weaker starting squad in order to keep the players fresher for the weekend because another derby defeat could be crucial for the championship as well as the cup.The pressure on the home team is rising after 2 consecutive loses to top teams and after The golden ball had been given to Ronaldo i expect him to be fired up for today to give 101% of himself to score.I think Atletico are losing speed and the signing of Torres was a desperate move to back things back on tracks.As i wrote in my previous posts' date=Atletico are nothing special,far from playing their best football.I think the home side will grab the win and we have every chance to see a late turnover with Real Madrd qualifying.My main bet is HW & over 2.5 @ 2.2 with bet 365 and a sporting punt on correct score 3:1 @ 12.GL! Sent from my iPhone using PL Forum app
Good write up Simeon, if 3-1 would that send Athletico through or does away goals not count ?

Good write up Simeon' date=' if 3-1 would that send Athletico through or does away goals not count ?[/quote'] Away goals count extra if it's a tie on aggregate, so 3-1 to Real would put Atletico through on away goals.

I'm not sure about Real v Atletico. Games between these two are often tight and Atletico are often priced too long (as in the first leg). I do like Barcelona's odds in their second leg at Elche though. Barcelona lead 5-0 from the first leg. Although Barcelona are apparently fielding mainly B players, I think Barcelona B may well prove too good for Elche and win by a few goals.
I agree, can't have Real at such a short price but I'm reluctant to play against them considering a one goal defeat is good enough for Atletico and they were really poor against Barca at the weekend. Not sure what was going on at the weekend but the amount of space Atletico gave Barca between the lines was far too big. Something was off with their shape and pressing that day and they didn't look threatening going forward at all. No bet for me.

I do like Barcelona's odds in their second leg at Elche though. Barcelona lead 5-0 from the first leg. Although Barcelona are apparently fielding mainly B players' date=' I think Barcelona B may well prove too good for Elche and win by a few goals.[/quote'] I saw a little of this game, and Barcelona really dominated as far as I could see, keeping possession and creating chances (score was 0-4).