** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Everton v West Bromwich Albion > Monday January 19th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Everton v West Bromwich Albion (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.84[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Everton v West Bromwich Albion > Monday January 19th Everton might not be doing well but West Brom away form is quite bad. Not very sure if Tony Pulis magic will continue in this match, but I do expect some tough defending from West Brom in fact, I don't think they will really be looking forward to scoring goals or winning this match. Probably they would wait for errors from opponents and make a fast counterattack

Re: Everton v West Bromwich Albion > Monday January 19th 4pts WBA (+0.75AH) to beat Everton 1.86 Ladbrokes Other than home advantage in this match there is just nothing to suggest that Everton have anything going for them at the minute and as such I have to take the Baggies to get some kind of result from this match. I’m not convinced the Everton defence will fancy the pace West Brom offer up front and one thing we know the visitors will be under Pulis is well organised so they can take a result from this game. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/everton-vs-west-brom-betting-tony-pulis-men-can-take-a-result-from-goodison

Re: Everton v West Bromwich Albion > Monday January 19th Everton played 64 mins with 10 men against West Ham (Mc Geady red) and went on to lose in a dramatic shootout where after Robles (GK) missed his pen, the West Ham GK scored against him to knock Everton out. So Everton still has a long injury list and likely some fatigued legs after the cup tie and Martinez has limited options for rotation therefore. Everton fans are disgruntled and the longer their team aren't infront, the more they'll get restless and transfer that energy onto the home side. So it seems the cards have been dealt in Pulis' favour here and it's dangerous to back Everton at odds on in this specific situation. The above line looks value.

Re: Everton v West Bromwich Albion > Monday January 19th They actually played well in their last 2 games. It's just a matter of time before they win again. To be honest, this is probably the best chance for them to win. After this, they will play Palace away, Liverpool home and Chelsea away. If they don't win today, it could be another month before they have a realistic chance. They will play Leicester on the 22nd Feb.

Re: Everton v West Bromwich Albion > Monday January 19th When Pulis takes over he very much makes the team hard to beat first and builds confidence that way - or this is what I saw with Palace last season who were very backable at home and underrated by layers. Away from home is always another story but I think number one on Pulis priorities for tonight will be Do Not Lose. Everton are grinding their way back to form and have been better in the past couple of matches. I'd imagine Martinez would be delighted with a clean sheet too. So I'm thinking unders or even goalless draw could be possible.

Re: Everton v West Bromwich Albion > Monday January 19th Everton – West Brom – Draw at 3.80 @ Marathonbet This is the final game of the 22th week of Premier League between Everton and West Brom. Home side is dying to grab a win tonight because they sit low at the table. They didn’t win at the last 7 games for all competitions, coach Martinez is under heavy pressure. Everton won only once at the last 9 games. West Brom on the other side has been reborn with Tony Pulis at its bench. Welsh coach led the visitors to grab four points at the last two League games, their psychology is boosted and their confidence has risen. I don’t see them lose tonight.

Re: Everton v West Bromwich Albion > Monday January 19th To me this one looks simple, not sure there's much more to look into it. West Brom away form is dreadful. They've scored 6 goals in 10 away matches and have managed to secure just 9 points in those 10 away matches. Home field advantage in soccer (football) is one of the greatest advantages in all sport. You can't simply dismiss this as an 'other' factor. It's always a huge factor in matches and obviously should be priced in as such. Everton overall home forms is mediocre, but has been better of late. Everton does manage to score at home at a decent clip though. So to me it looks like a good home side that really needs to secure the full points against a team doing it's best not to lose. In that vein, I'll take the home side just about every time so long as I don't need to lay a heavy price. HW at -119 is better than fairly priced to me, I'd price it closer to -135/-140. This will just be a medium size bet for me, as goals may be tough to come by, but I'll play Everton here at -119. Further, I'll play small bets on exact score of 1-0 (+650) and 0-1 (+1250) as I think this could be a game where whomever scores wins. g'luck :cheers:

Re: Everton v West Bromwich Albion > Monday January 19th I fancy West Brom to grab something from this game. They will be a different side under Tony Pulis and they will get results. Everton have been woeful this season and Martinez is fortunate still to be in a job. Everton have only won 3 of their 7 home games and that is shocking for a side that under Moyes was a very tough team to beat away from home. Everton haven't won any of their last 7 games yet they are odds on for this, a simply terrible price. Tim Howard is still out for Everton which heaps pressure on Robles, Distin is 50/50, McGeady, Osman, McCarthy, Pienaar and Gibson still all out so they look short in midfield. West Brom have no major injury worries! West Brom WIN - 3 Points @ 4/1 Bet365 West Brom +1 - 10 Points @ 20/19 Ladbrokes Berahino 1st Goal - 2 Points @ 15/2 Bet Victor Berahino Anytime Goal - 4 Points @ 13/5 Bet Victor

Re: Everton v West Bromwich Albion > Monday January 19th

To me this one looks simple, not sure there's much more to look into it. West Brom away form is dreadful. They've scored 6 goals in 10 away matches and have managed to secure just 9 points in those 10 away matches. Home field advantage in soccer (football) is one of the greatest advantages in all sport. You can't simply dismiss this as an 'other' factor. It's always a huge factor in matches and obviously should be priced in as such. Everton overall home forms is mediocre, but has been better of late. Everton does manage to score at home at a decent clip though. So to me it looks like a good home side that really needs to secure the full points against a team doing it's best not to lose. In that vein, I'll take the home side just about every time so long as I don't need to lay a heavy price. HW at -119 is better than fairly priced to me, I'd price it closer to -135/-140. This will just be a medium size bet for me, as goals may be tough to come by, but I'll play Everton here at -119. Further, I'll play small bets on exact score of 1-0 (+650) and 0-1 (+1250) as I think this could be a game where whomever scores wins. g'luck :cheers:
I think West Brom's form pre-Pulis has to be dismissed. When he arrived at Crystal Palace last season, he turned them round from being certain relegation material to mid-table material. He has a history of being very hard to beat, whether with Palace or Stoke. Everton have only won 3 of their home games, so technically you would be down a lot of money if you followed them this season. No value in them at all for me given their current form. Everton finished with 72 Points last season and they only have 22 Points this season well after half way. They have been by far the most disappointing team in the Premier League.

Home field advantage in soccer (football) is one of the greatest advantages in all sport. You can't simply dismiss this as an 'other' factor. It's always a huge factor in matches and obviously should be priced in as such.:
lol let's bet on all the home teams then

lol let's bet on all the home teams then
If you read my entire post instead of just snipping one portion you may get a better idea of the thought I was trying to convey. I don't always just bet on home teams (as was evidenced with my large wager Saturday on ManU away). However, if I can get a home side at near evens, against what I consider a much lesser side, that to me dictates value. I think to dismiss home field, in particular with soccer, as a small advantage is a mistake. And while Everton have been disappointing thus far this year, they still have a better side than WBA. And I'm certainly not going to dismiss WBA form pre-Pulis. Sure, a managing change will have an effect on teams and their tactics, but the players still play and WBA has not done much in my eyes to improve upon their team from last year. Last year WBA finished 17th, a hair above relegation. Their aspirations are to stay up. Everton last year finished in 5th. Their aspirations are certainly higher. Everton does face some injury concerns, but not near as dire as some others may feel. This is why we bet, is it not? I think odds too short on home side in this match. I'm not an Everton supporter, I'm a fan of money.

Re: Everton v West Bromwich Albion > Monday January 19th Home field advantage in soccer (football) is one of the greatest advantages in all sport. You can't simply dismiss this as an 'other' factor. It's always a huge factor in matches and obviously should be priced in as such. As a Sheffield Wednesday fan for the last 46 tears I confirm this is a load of bollocks.

To me this one looks simple, not sure there's much more to look into it. West Brom away form is dreadful. They've scored 6 goals in 10 away matches and have managed to secure just 9 points in those 10 away matches. Home field advantage in soccer (football) is one of the greatest advantages in all sport. You can't simply dismiss this as an 'other' factor. It's always a huge factor in matches and obviously should be priced in as such. Everton overall home forms is mediocre, but has been better of late. Everton does manage to score at home at a decent clip though. So to me it looks like a good home side that really needs to secure the full points against a team doing it's best not to lose. In that vein, I'll take the home side just about every time so long as I don't need to lay a heavy price. HW at -119 is better than fairly priced to me, I'd price it closer to -135/-140. This will just be a medium size bet for me, as goals may be tough to come by, but I'll play Everton here at -119. Further, I'll play small bets on exact score of 1-0 (+650) and 0-1 (+1250) as I think this could be a game where whomever scores wins. g'luck :cheers:
I'd like to entertain you with some stats, Sir. Last season in Premier League, home teams won 47% of all matches. This rate was 44% the season before. And after 22 rounds this season home teams have won only 43% of the matches. That is less than the total of draw games or away wins. I would not have thought home advantage could be that crucial in the PL. Everton have a better squad but when you take their form into account, it seems something is wrong with the way they play. WBA's performances before Pulis took over was shit but they have picked up some form lately with 2 lively displays. Pulis has been known for his ability to make lesser teams very hard to beat and I expect him to perform exactly that with WBA. Everton is better but not that much better. And the need for points doesn't necessarily make a team raise their game above their normal level. Sometimes it leads to adventurous approach and that's disaster waiting to happen. Expect a very tight contest this evening, with Everton harmlessly blunt as usual and WBA looking to hit back with swift counter attacks. I'm happy to take WBA +3/4 AH, may consider +1/2 for better price.

Re: Everton v West Bromwich Albion > Monday January 19th Tony Pulis is an excellent manager. Who expected Palace to stay up last year ? No-one ! They were bookies favorites to be relegated. 1st game in charge and they win a critical game against Hull 1-0. A no-nonsense manager that players easily buy into. FOrget all WBA previous form. Pulis will set them up difficult to beat, while still being capable of scoring from a set-piece or break away. Everton are playing crap. They have lost 6 of their last 9 games. Only Swansea and Newcastle have conceded more goals (and you can remove 5 from Swansea last game). Martinez seems to have inherited a great squad and is losing his way. Confidence has to be low. Cannot see Everton running away with this game. I like the double chance on WBA at odds of 2 (ladbrokes, bet365) for 2 units

Re: Everton v West Bromwich Albion > Monday January 19th Such a wonderful coach. In general the handicap on WBA may have some value to be taken, especially earlier if one bets small stakes. They are two out of two with this master of a coach so far. Granted, it could have gone to the hosts, but the organization and discipline is there for this Pulis side. Tough to beat.

Re: Everton v West Bromwich Albion > Monday January 19th i had everton in a coupon and they let me down for 50 just from a 3 quid stake but congratulating pullis when his team didnt even have a shot on target all game is a bit strange, baines should have took pen and would have went up a couple of goals after that