** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

I tried to PM a red-coloured Admin about updating my profile, but got a cryptic error

Hi team, I wanted to report a bug. I tried to PM a red-coloured Admin about how to update my profile, and got this very cryptic error:

Message $bbuserinfo[username], You do not have permission to access this page. This is because you are not logged in or have not registered. Log Out Home
Yet I was both registered and logged in. Any ideas what this error means and how to fix it? Thanks!

Re: I tried to PM a red-coloured Admin about updating my profile, but got a cryptic e

Can you tell me who it was and how you were trying to PM them' date=' ie, via which part of the forum - a screenshot would help a lot. ;)[/quote']Hi Paul, I was actually trying to message you. In the page where your PM appears (http://forum.punterslounge.com/private.php), I clicked the "Send New Message" link on the top-left and got the error I mentioned previously. (A screenshot won't really add much in this case as the page with the error message just has the text I posted previously verbatim.) Any ideas how to fix this cryptic error?

Re: I tried to PM a red-coloured Admin about updating my profile, but got a cryptic e

Hi Paul' date=' I was actually trying to message [i']you. In the page where your PM appears (http://forum.punterslounge.com/private.php), I clicked the "Send New Message" link on the top-left and got the error I mentioned previously. (A screenshot won't really add much in this case as the page with the error message just has the text I posted previously verbatim.) Any ideas how to fix this cryptic error?
Bump.

Re: I tried to PM a red-coloured Admin about updating my profile, but got a cryptic e I believe it is because you are a new member. PM rights are not given immediately or automatically. You will have to serve some time here before you are able to PM, especially since you have built a high number of posts in a short time.

I believe it is because you are a new member. PM rights are not given immediately or automatically. You will have to serve some time here before you are able to PM' date=' especially since you have built a high number of posts in a short time.[/quote']I understand that but it's a bit silly that the restrictions include not being able to PM Admins. Also, the error message still has to to be fixed because it is quite cryptic. Thanks, although I already figured out how to change my password. If I have any other private questions, I will e-mail you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Its right at the top right next to your log in name. Called 'messages'.
I can see that, but I cant seem to find out how I can write a personal message to anybody. Can you tell me that ? When i go to message I have a notification, saying somebody liked my post, the only option I have there is to press ignore?

Go to the profile of member you want to send PM to' date=' then on "Activities" tab there is a "Private message" button.[/quote'] I´ve tried to PM you Froment, not sure if I done it correctly. I see no private message button, but I see a box where I can write in, I would assume that was visitor message. ?

It looks like this for me: Punterslounge-PM1.png I have just repeated PM for you, I hope it got through; the problem yesterday evening was that you had PM disabled, as I was from the mobile, I didn't see warning message at the moment, only later; so I clicked "Post", but it never got sent. This time, it seems that message went through, and I see it in "Sent items" folder.