Announcements
** Poker League Results : July: 1st McG, 2nd Rhino_Power, 3rd Elliott Sutcliffe; August: 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd Rivrd **
** August Naps Competition Result: 1st LEE-GRAYS, 2nd Gary66, 3rd LeMale, 4th RUG. KO Cup Winner DONNYFLYER. Most Winners TVY: **

Serie A TIM > January 10th & 11th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 10 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sassuolo v Udinese (17:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.16[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Torino v AC Milan (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.98[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.78[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 11 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Internazionale v Genoa (11:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.74[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.95[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.74 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AS Roma v Lazio (14:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.16[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Atalanta v Chievo (14:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.22[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Cagliari v Cesena (14:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Fiorentina v Palermo (14:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.88[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Hellas Verona v Parma (14:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.42[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sampdoria v Empoli (14:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.87[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Napoli v Juventus (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.66[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Serie A TIM > January 10th & 11th Sassuolo - Udinese pick: Udinese +0.5 @ 1.83 Pinnacle Flat stake: 1/10 Sassuolo 4-3-3 Consigli- Peluso, Acerbi, Cannavaro, Gazzola- Missiroli, Magnanelli, Biondini- Sansone, Zaza, Berardi Injured: Pegolo, Manfredini, Vrsaljko , Taider (int duty) Udinese 3-5-2 Karnezis- Heurtaux, Danilo, Domizzi-Widmer, Kone, Guilherme, Allan, G Silva- Geijo, Di Natale Injured: Muriel, Badu, Wague, Evangelista Zapata (last 4 int duty) I like this match up, and here is just few reason. Sassuolo have problems playing against team that using 3-5-2 formation. We alredy see that against team that using similar formation (7-0 defeat against Inter, 1-1 draw with Cesena, 2-1 defeat against Palermo etc) and reason is obvious, with their formation 4-3-3, attacking line with Berardi Sansone, playing on the side, when Zaza is central striker. Very often Berardi and Sansone try go close to line and than they have a lot of space and can give useful ball to Zaza. When against 3-5-2 formation, this space near line is closed, and they can not make a difference. When with only 3 man in midfiled they are in the most case outplayed. Also we will see what Stramaccioni tactic will try, in my opinion if he try play normal game, with high pressure they have good chance to take points, I do not belive that he will use to much defensive tactic, and give a ball to Sassuolo. On the end for sure Sassuolo is now overrated after vicotry against Milan, Udinese have power to stop Sassuolo, and +0.5 is great line.

Re: Serie A TIM > January 10th & 11th I couldn't agree more.Sassuolo are relegation material and will find it had to stay in the league.It's just Milan made them look special.Udinese gave a hard time to Roma and i fully expect them even to win on the weekend.Sassuolo already beat Milan an year ago so it wasn't that big shock doing it again even though i didn't expect that.Without Mexes Milan are defending shitty and didn't know how to take the lead again after they scored at first.I think Sassuolo won't have that big number of chances at the weekend and Udinese will hardly lose agan.

Re: Serie A TIM > January 10th & 11th

I couldn't agree more.Sassuolo are relegation material and will find it had to stay in the league.It's just Milan made them look special.Udinese gave a hard time to Roma and i fully expect them even to win on the weekend.Sassuolo already beat Milan an year ago so it wasn't that big shock doing it again even though i didn't expect that.Without Mexes Milan are defending shitty and didn't know how to take the lead again after they scored at first.I think Sassuolo won't have that big number of chances at the weekend and Udinese will hardly lose agan.
Ok, Serie A is weaker than usual, and with this team Sasuolo is good side for Serie A standards, I do not agree that they are relegation material. They have one of the best attacking duo in league: Zaza, Berardi, very soon booth will go in big club, they have Vrsaljko powerful right back ( now injured) also many bigger club watching him, with Consigli decent goalie, Acerbi (also called in Italian national team)Peluso (ex Juve) talented Taider (out for this match) interesting player as Sansone + many other experienced Serie A players. For me they are good team, and that is not my opinion, results are telling that. Not only results, they also playing decent, but as I said in preview they will have problem with 3-5-2 system, for sure motivation is not so high as in match on San Siro, and because odds raise on udinese +0.5 is Value. But as every bet, it will not be easy :)

Re: Serie A TIM > January 10th & 11th Their attackers are doing fine and most probably they will leave the club during the summer but their defence cannot handle the rpessure.It's just Milan didn't test them at all.They were just passing the ball like Barcelona but created nothing.The only reason they won't relegate is that Cagliar and Cesena re pathetic even though i suspect that Zola could bring some class in the team i can't see them avoiding relegation.

Sassuolo have problems playing against team that using 3-5-2 formation. We alredy see that against team that using similar formation (7-0 defeat against Inter, 1-1 draw with Cesena, 2-1 defeat against Palermo etc) and reason is obvious, with their formation 4-3-3, attacking line with Berardi Sansone, playing on the side, when Zaza is central striker. Very often Berardi and Sansone try go close to line and than they have a lot of space and can give useful ball to Zaza. When against 3-5-2 formation, this space near line is closed, and they can not make a difference. When with only 3 man in midfiled they are in the most case outplayed. Also we will see what Stramaccioni tactic will try, in my opinion if he try play normal game, with high pressure they have good chance to take points, I do not belive that he will use to much defensive tactic, and give a ball to Sassuolo.
You make some really interesting observations Simeone, particularly Sassuolo struggling against the 3-5-2 module, I had not picked up on this. For me it appears that Sassuolo tend to thrive on playing open and attacking teams that give away space as Di Francesco's side are pretty good at exploiting those situations. Generally speaking I do not think Sassuolo are punching above their weight, they currently sit in 10th place due to their quality and good performances so fair play to them. The problem with Udinese is that they are very inconsistent this season, Di Natale blows hot and cold while Thereau can probably be handled by Sassuolo's centre-backs. Sassuolo's key weakness is their vulnerability to flank attacks, Udinese's wing-backs are not exactly setting the world alight and it will be their performance that is key to the outcome of this game imo. So much of this game will depend on who shows up on the day as there is little daylight between the two sides. To get Udinese on the +0.50 line could be considered generous if you take a certain view but for me it is not mind blowing value enough to get on it early. Udinese on a + is definite possibility here but I will wait to see how things develop over the next few days and then take another look at the price on Friday. I like the way you are thinking Simeone, keep up the good work!

udinese are not typically strong team away. i think sassuolo enjoys being underdog hence why they are performing well
4 time lost , 4 time they take at least point in away matches. Away they lost against Juve, Fiorentina, Milan and Torino Also won against Inter and Lazio, draw with Palermo and Sampodira. With such a hard schedule, they are performing well on away side. More focused on defense and counter attack. And resutls are nice for away matche this season. So you statment is not true.

Re: Serie A TIM > January 10th & 11th last season udinese were bad away team. this year maybe are little improved but not enough for me think they are outright backable to win. inconsistency is their problem primarily because they sometimes approach games ultra defensively and other times ultra attacking. i tend to back them at home more often but good luck with your bet. they have let me down too many times in the past to have interest in backing them away from home

Re: Serie A TIM > January 10th & 11th ----- Cagliari - Cesena Team news Home: Injury: - Banned: Conti MIDF 12/0 , Farias ATT 13/3 Doubt: Ibarbo ATT 13/2, Sau ATT 11/4, Cossu AMC/ATT 16/2, Cragno GK 14/0 Away: Injury: Marilungo ATT 8/1, Renzetti DEF 11/0, Tabanelli MIDF 3/0 Banned: - Doubt: - Preview: Cagliari despite changing Zeman with Zola made one of bigger losses of season so far, trashed by Palermo with 5-0. Ibarbo and Sau missed the game and are big doubts for this one as well, Conti and Farias got bans for this one, so this is critical situation for coach that wants to play 4-3-3 formation as Cagliari now has a big lack of strikers. Cesena tried to play against better opposition in home match vs. Napoli, but got also trashed same as their opposition, but they do recover Defrel for this match. Things are going really bad for both of those teams. But in this case it is hard to take a look on past results due to both teams having new coaches since not long time. What I gathered from their performances is that Cagliari will play even more offensive and pressing game under Zola, but their defending is awful, probably they even looked better under Zeman. In this last match they looked vulnerable from every position available, be it set pieces or open play. Cesena with new coach Di Carlo did not change much as they still perform with similar 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 formation so they look similar as under Bisoli. Misses for Cagliari (if Sau and Ibarbo miss) are huge Sau is their best finisher, Ibarbo is their best creator in attacking “tridente”, Conti is creator in midfield and Farias is good in positioning himself for open shot and player with good dribbling skills, but usually misses good chances. But if Zola will want to play similar stlye, he is left with Cossu - more of a Totti like player not a goal scorer (but even he is doubtfull), Inter loanee Longo 11/0 and two youngsters Rangel 18yo and Loi 18yo. So crisis in attack, and combine this with awful defence and add 0 wins at home thus far and Cagliari will have major problems of winning even against this painful to watch Cesena. Cesena do have some misses, but more or less all are long time injured so no bigger issues for them, even more, their best scorer Defrel is back in team after ban. What is also important in this case? I mentioned already in last week – that is that Zola is not satisfied with current roster and is looking for new goalie and new acquisitions in defence. I also asked myself question if this will motivate back line to perform better or worse and IMO answer is there, 5 conceded tells a lot about performance of their back line. There are only few days to next game and only Gonzalez came from Verona thus far to strengthen back line. Cesena is working these days in far more peaceful situation. Tactically Cagliari would play 4-3-3 formation but due to misses this could be changed to 4-3-1-2 system in this game, Cesena probably with variation of 3-5-2. What also speaks in favour of Cesena is the fact that they will have options to counter attack against high pressing team and that is surely good for them. I simply can’t see them fighting in open match against Cagliari here. Even more Cagliari with 0 wins at home and relegation places are under more pressure as Cesena at the moment, hence backing away team is very wise thing to do in my opinion. So Cesena +0,75 @ odds over 2.00 is a good bet and should be taken with regular stakes. Additional bets could be Cesena to score and both to score.

----- Cagliari - Cesena Team news Home: Injury: - Banned: Conti MIDF 12/0 , Farias ATT 13/3 Doubt: Ibarbo ATT 13/2, Sau ATT 11/4, Cossu AMC/ATT 16/2, Cragno GK 14/0 Away: Injury: Marilungo ATT 8/1, Renzetti DEF 11/0, Tabanelli MIDF 3/0 Banned: - Doubt: - Preview: Cagliari despite changing Zeman with Zola made one of bigger losses of season so far, trashed by Palermo with 5-0. Ibarbo and Sau missed the game and are big doubts for this one as well, Conti and Farias got bans for this one, so this is critical situation for coach that wants to play 4-3-3 formation as Cagliari now has a big lack of strikers. Cesena tried to play against better opposition in home match vs. Napoli, but got also trashed same as their opposition, but they do recover Defrel for this match. Things are going really bad for both of those teams. But in this case it is hard to take a look on past results due to both teams having new coaches since not long time. What I gathered from their performances is that Cagliari will play even more offensive and pressing game under Zola, but their defending is awful, probably they even looked better under Zeman. In this last match they looked vulnerable from every position available, be it set pieces or open play. Cesena with new coach Di Carlo did not change much as they still perform with similar 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 formation so they look similar as under Bisoli. Misses for Cagliari (if Sau and Ibarbo miss) are huge Sau is their best finisher, Ibarbo is their best creator in attacking “tridente”, Conti is creator in midfield and Farias is good in positioning himself for open shot and player with good dribbling skills, but usually misses good chances. But if Zola will want to play similar stlye, he is left with Cossu - more of a Totti like player not a goal scorer (but even he is doubtfull), Inter loanee Longo 11/0 and two youngsters Rangel 18yo and Loi 18yo. So crisis in attack, and combine this with awful defence and add 0 wins at home thus far and Cagliari will have major problems of winning even against this painful to watch Cesena. Cesena do have some misses, but more or less all are long time injured so no bigger issues for them, even more, their best scorer Defrel is back in team after ban. What is also important in this case? I mentioned already in last week – that is that Zola is not satisfied with current roster and is looking for new goalie and new acquisitions in defence. I also asked myself question if this will motivate back line to perform better or worse and IMO answer is there, 5 conceded tells a lot about performance of their back line. There are only few days to next game and only Gonzalez came from Verona thus far to strengthen back line. Cesena is working these days in far more peaceful situation. Tactically Cagliari would play 4-3-3 formation but due to misses this could be changed to 4-3-1-2 system in this game, Cesena probably with variation of 3-5-2. What also speaks in favour of Cesena is the fact that they will have options to counter attack against high pressing team and that is surely good for them. I simply can’t see them fighting in open match against Cagliari here. Even more Cagliari with 0 wins at home and relegation places are under more pressure as Cesena at the moment, hence backing away team is very wise thing to do in my opinion. So Cesena +0,75 @ odds over 2.00 is a good bet and should be taken with regular stakes. Additional bets could be Cesena to score and both to score.
In fact,i watched Cesena at home to Napoli and i must admit that they were very decent upfront with Almeida leading the attack.Cesena had 2 goal chances when the result was still level,but they missed them.If they had taken the lead the game could had turned in a different direction.After the 1st goal,they conceded a 2nd in a very short time which appeared to be crucial.I didn't watch Cagliari,but the result says everything and looks like the new coach will have to do his best in order to avoid relegation.Cagliari need an immediate responce to what was a humiliating defeat but i doubt they have the right answer for that yet.Cesena (+0.5) for me @ 2.25 with bet365.GL

I couldn't agree more.Sassuolo are relegation material and will find it had to stay in the league.It's just Milan made them look special.Udinese gave a hard time to Roma and i fully expect them even to win on the weekend.Sassuolo already beat Milan an year ago so it wasn't that big shock doing it again even though i didn't expect that.Without Mexes Milan are defending shitty and didn't know how to take the lead again after they scored at first.I think Sassuolo won't have that big number of chances at the weekend and Udinese will hardly lose agan.
Just saw that. Firstly thatnks for agreeing on Cesena game, but I simply cant agree on your statement that Sassuolo are relegation material. They played some superb games this season and are hugely improved from last one and currently their defence ranks in the top of Serie A (just take out that sad 0-7 beating by Inter and even stats will tell you where they are currently in conceded goals). If you think that Milan game is a benchmark, you should take a look on Roma - Sassuolo 2-2, where they showed superb organisational skills and in reality (despite I am Roma fan), they deserved to win it. Also they made two superb signings in Vrsaljko and Peluso and all of their players in tridente are one year older - Berardi and Zaza are mightly talented players. I could go on and on about them, but for sure, nobody can be surprised if they will finish on places around 10-12 place. And despite I do agree that teams are of similar quality and that in those cases maybe +0.5 is a good move to take, Udinese for me are the weirdest team around, no consistency whatsoever so they are always likely to put on either Jekyll or Hyde performance. Probably they are even more untrustable as Inter and Milan nowadays. Sassuolo will have hard time playing against defensive lineup from Udine, but one thing should be considered. Di Natale is like 55 years old and fatigue might be an issue - he did leave last game around 65 minute - but even more, in this kind of game where Udine will play counter attack, his lack of pace will nto do Udine any favours.

4 time lost , 4 time they take at least point in away matches. Away they lost against Juve, Fiorentina, Milan and Torino Also won against Inter and Lazio, draw with Palermo and Sampodira. With such a hard schedule, they are performing well on away side. More focused on defense and counter attack. And resutls are nice for away matche this season. So you statment is not true.
Putting aside being incosistent, I believe they achieved best away results by playing "park the bus" 4-3-2-1 tactics in those matches (I ma certain about Napoli and Lazio games with that set up) as they were really able to neutralise opposittion. it is long time ago, and I did not check my reviews about those matches.

Re: Serie A TIM > January 10th & 11th Cagliari V Cesena Cesena +1 @ 1.819 Matchbook > 5% BR Agree with the general consensus on here regarding this game, Cesena price looks pretty big all things considered. There is not a huge gap between the two teams and Cagliari are missing important players like central midfielder Daniele Conti and forward Victor Ibarbo. Forward Diego Farias is also suspended while goalkeeper Alessio Cragno, midfielder Andrea Cossu and striker Marco Sau are all struggling with injuries and their attendance of this match hangs in the balance. Cagliari’s new coach Gianfranco Zola has only just taken over and it will take time for him to stamp his mark on the team. This is such a high pressure contest but particularly for Cagliari where generally speaking there is greater expectation, and of course, they are the home side here. Both sides are in the relegation zone and both need the 3pts but I would say the timing of such a contest is harsher on Cagliari. I think the markets are looking at this like: “Cagliari haven’t won a home league game this season, surely now they have a new manager and they are facing crappy Cesena this will be the perfect opportunity for them!”. Well of course it is a winnable game for Cagliari but given all the factors in the buildup to this game there’s no way Cesena should be available on the +1 line. The more desperate Cagliari get for the win the more it will suit Cesena who can at least play gritty and launch some dangerous counters – ideal for an away team in a relegation 6 pointer. Cesena coach Domenico Di Carlo has had more time than Zola to mould his team and build confidence. Yes Cesena have suffered some harsh beatings at the hands of Fiorentina and Napoli under his reign but we should also look at the 1-1 stalemate they achieved against an in-form Sassuolo as a measure of their capabilities. Ultimately I am happy to get behind Cesena on the +1 line in this situation, I think it is a clear pricing error and holds long term value.

assuming you're giving casena +1 goal advantage so if casena wins or draws you win but its same with casena double chance bet and you get much higher odds
No it's not because with AH +1 line you get your money back if Cesena loose by a goal. If you take Cesena double chance you do not have that extra cover but it is down to peoples personal choice in which line they take. Take a look at AH table for translation of lines: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_handicap

Re: Serie A TIM > January 10th & 11th i get asian handicap but you don't seem to have enough confidence in casena getting a positive result yet you're backing them anyway. its very strange but i guess it matter of preference. i think we will see a response from cagliari and that's why this match doesn't appeal to me.

i get asian handicap but you don't seem to have enough confidence in casena getting a positive result yet you're backing them anyway. its very strange but i guess it matter of preference.
Not at all, if you read the posts carefully on here you will see that Cagliari have several missings in attack and therefore I feel that even if they do beat Cesena they will not run up a cricket score, but as usual first goal will be important. Cesena have a decent chance to take something from the game, I have chosen the more conservative +1 line, others have gone for +0.75 or even +0.50. Line selection is usually based on individual betting models and individual interpretation of matches.

Re: Serie A TIM > January 10th & 11th Udinese are one of my favorite teams when it comes to goals in the 1st half - I made quite a good profit on them. Their defence cannot be trusted and today they are facing Sassuolo, a team which improved a lot from last season. Somebody said that Sassuolo are "relegation material" - are you serious? You must have watched some recorded match from last season. Sassuolo played really good football so far this season. They were unlucky not to get all 3 points from Roma a couple weeks ago and I saw the game last week against Milan - Sassuolo should have scored at least two more goals - really good performance by them. Anyway, I expect an open game right from the kick off and hopefully we can see some goals as well. Over 0,5 goals in the 1st half - @4/9 Over 2,5 goals in the game - @23/20 (bet365)

Re: Serie A TIM > January 10th & 11th Torino V AC Milan AC Milan +0.25 @ 1.74 Matchbook > 5% BR Obviously the result for Milan against Sassuolo was a bad one but Filippo Inzaghi will have some important players returning for his team at Torino. First of all, that shoddy Milan defense will be reinforced with Ignazio Abate coming in at right-back. Abate has been one of Milan’s most important players this season and is their top assists provider with 4 for the campaign thus far, his work often goes unnoticed but he is an important cog in the Milan machine. Mexes is likely to come in at centre-back alongside Rami while the left-back slot will be a run-off between Armero and De Sciglio. Essentially Milan will have a rare first choice back four for the match with Torino which is definitely a positive. In the midfield De Jong returns which is absolutely crucial for Milan as he is the heart of the team and was missed during the encounter with Sassuolo. Upfront for Milan things get interesting as Inzaghi has options now. The likely front 3 for tonight will be Bonaventura, Menez and a surprise inclusion for Niang. Why Niang? Well the Frenchman can be dangerous when shooting from distance and Torino are not particularly good at defending long shots this season, particularly first choice keeper Jean-Francois Gillet, so this is an interesting element in the build-up to the game. So if Inzaghi does go for Bonaventura-Menez-Niang then he still has the likes of El Shaarawy, Pazzini and of course new signing Alessio Cerci to call upon in reserve so Milan have nice strength in depth in the forward areas now. Torino on the other hand cannot boast of such riches in attacking areas. I would describe Torino as an organized and solid outfit but they are lacking teeth after the departure of Cerci and Immobile in the summer. Coach Giampiero Ventura is the champion of the 3-5-2 module and his side are quite successful when playing teams that adopt the same formation as them. However, Torino’s defense is poor at handling players with skill and have suffered against 4-3-3 teams with skillful forwards such as Sassuolo, Roma, Lazio, Hellas Verona and Sampdoria. Cagliari is the only 4-3-3 side Torino have beaten in Serie A this season. Torino only have two available strikers for tonights game, albeit their best strikers: Quagliarella and Martinez. Ventura is likely to drop Martinez and play El Kaddouri behind Quagliarella in a 3-5-1-1 formation. I like El Kaddouri and he will be the main threat tonight as he is strong with his through balls and key passes, he is the only player Torino have who can open up the opposition defense. So even though we are going to see a defensive and organized system from Torino they should create some decent chances. This is where we must perhaps highlight one of Torino’s weakest areas – their chance conversion rate. Generally speaking they have been very poor at finishing their dinner this season and again I refer you to the loss of Cerci and Immobile in the summer. Quagliarella is still a talented player and does have the ability to score goals out of nowhere but the El Kaddouri/Quagliarella combo cannot be viewed on the same level as Berardi and Zaza. I do not underestimate Torino’s forwards as individual players but the stats speak for themselves, Torino are the divisions joint lowest scorers thus far alongside Chievo with just 12 goals scored from 17 games. So what are the risks to this selection? Torino are not bad with attacking set-pieces, centre-back Kamil Glik is especially threatening, Milan will need to deal with him as they have been exposed time and time again from set-pieces this season. Even so I think the centre-back combo of Mexes and Rami will be an improvement from the Sassuolo match as both can challenge for the ariel ball. Torino is a hard place to get all 3pts from so Milan need to be patient and retain their psychological composure – perhaps an area they have not been so good at this season. Azzurini is right to highlight the unreliability of the Milan teams and another shock result is not beyond the realm of possibility for tonights game. Ultimately there is a clear quality gap between the two sides and Milan have several important players returning for tonights game. Torino will be organized and tough to break down with perhaps the benefit of playing under less pressure so I expect a very closely contested game with little daylight between the two teams. Milan on the +0 line is expected value for this contest but their price is drifting out to the point where you can back them on the +0.25 line and for me this is enough to pull the trigger all things considered. Fine margins but it will be interesting to see how this game unfolds.

Re: Serie A TIM > January 10th & 11th Inter v Genoa Inter: Kovacic (17/4 m), Ranocchia (16/2 d), Juan Jesus (17/0 d), Nagatomo (9/0 d) Genoa: Perotti (14/1 m), Roncaglia (13/0 d), Marchese (9/1 d) AS Roma v Lazio AS Roma: Gervinho (14/2 f), S. Keita (14/1 m), Balzaretti (0/0 d), Castan (1/0 d), Sanabria (0/0 f) Lazio: Ederson (2/1 m), Gonzalez (4/0 m), Ciani (7/0 d), Braafheid (11/0 d), Gentiletti (2/0 d), Lulic (16/3 m) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: Serie A TIM > January 10th & 11th Another one on my shortlist is the game between Sampdoria and Empoli.It's true that Samp were heavily defeated by Lazio a week ago but they remain the strong side they were before the winter break.This defeat could actually work as a wake-up call for them and they could be more than keen on getting back on the winning ways this weekend.Their squad is weakened by the selling of Gabbiadini which leaves Mihajlovic only with Okaka and Eder upfront.This could limit their attacking options but i think an extra striker will be signed after this weekend because he cannot expect a higher finish only with these attacking players.Anyhow,Tonelli Empoli top striker is out as well as Guarante which could leave Empoli toothless.Empoli are undefeated in their last 7 games which is a decent record actually but i can see a high possibility this record ending today.Mihajlovic knows that his players must bounce back after such a defeat and Empoli without his best striker,could be the perfect victim.Bet365 offers massive odds on the HW here due to the fact that Samp started awful the new 2015 while Empoli remained unbeaten but i tink this is a great underrestimating of Sampdoria and i will be all over them today.HW @ 2.05 with high stakes and medium stakes @ Samp to win (-1AH) @ 3 all with bet365.GL! 1:0

Re: Serie A TIM > January 10th & 11th Wow so Inter missing 3 of their starting 4 defenders and two new signings in attack... Will this be a fire fight where they'll just try to score more than the opposition providing us with goals? Anyone particularly familiar with Gasperini and how he'll approach Inter away?

Re: Serie A TIM > January 10th & 11th Sampdoria vs Empoli I will go for Sampdoria 1x2, simple win from them. They would need a strong response from the 3-0 loss against Lazio. They also having a good home record unlike Empoli's away record, 1W 5D 2L, and the 5D I am pretty concerned with. Cagliari vs Cesena I see no reason why Cagliari can offer -1 hdp for Cesena. Both sides are so poor in form in fact. How can Cagliari be such a hot favourites here, with the odds at such low pricing ?

Wow so Inter missing 3 of their starting 4 defenders and two new signings in attack... Will this be a fire fight where they'll just try to score more than the opposition providing us with goals? Anyone particularly familiar with Gasperini and how he'll approach Inter away?
Genoa started the season using a counter-pressing system which played very high up the pitch, Gasperini tried to maximise this by using a 3-4-3 module with centre-backs that would bomb on!!! It had some success early in the season and that's why Genoa are 6th in the table but the magic couldn't last as the tactics left Genoa dangerously exposed. Generally speaking Genoa have a very decent record away from home, they are decent on the counter-attack, but, they often become dangerously exposed defensively and I think Inter will enjoy playing them in some respects. Don't forget Genoa have conceeded 4 goals in the last 2 league games against two of Serie A's weakest attacking teams - Torino and Atalanta, this really is a clear sign of how bad they are defensively. Gasperini switched to a 4-3-3 in an attempt to be more solid but it has not worked. Genoa vulnerable to through ball attacks, counter-attacks, poor at defending set-pieces and poor in the air. Inter can exploit all these things but may well concede themselves. Odds for Inter are too short so I cannot back them here, game is a no bet for me.

Re: Serie A TIM > January 10th & 11th inter milan have very old squad and before mancini took over their performances were lacklustre. mancini has given them more zest and hence they have got draws against juventus and lazio. there is more fight and determination in the team and mancini demands full commitment. regardless of their injuries this is a home game which they have to win win so i expect them to be really fired up for it. they are on poorly twelfth place in the league and mancini wants to take them to champions league places which is an added motivation.

Anyhow' date=Tonelli Empoli top striker is out as well as Guarante which could leave Empoli toothless.Empoli are undefeated in their last 7 games which is a decent record actually but i can see a high possibility this record ending today.Mihajlovic knows that his players must bounce back after such a defeat and Empoli without his best striker,could be the perfect victim.
Do you mean top scorer? Tonelli is a centre-back! he gets a lot of goals because Empoli are strong from attacking set-pieces and he is decent in the air.