** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Copa Del Rey > January 6th - 8th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 6 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Celta de Vigo v Athletic Bilbao (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.50 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Málaga v Levante UD (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 7 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Atlético de Madrid v Real Madrid (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.85[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Villarreal v Real Sociedad (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]UD Almería v Getafe (21:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.98[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.76 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Valencia v Espanyol (21:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 8 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Granada CF v Sevilla (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.43 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Barcelona v Elche CF (21:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.08[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]14[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]36[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.23 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 6th - 8th Levante have left a lot of important players out of the squad to face Malaga.This is due to their game against Deportivo on Friday which is far more important. Iván López, Barral, Morales, Nikos, Casadesús, Ivanschitz, Simao, Diop have all been left out. Seven of those players would usually be starters.I imagine they will go with the same team that struggled so badly in the last round against Albacete (who are last place in the second division) http://es.levanteud.com/noticias/levante24008.html On the other hand Malaga have named the same squad as the weekend except for one change, Portillo comes in for Rescaldani. http://www.malagacf.com/es/noticia/primer-equipo/lista-convocados-octavos-copa/241/72354 From reading Malaga forums the fans seems well up for this.There are on the easiest side of the draw and have a realistic chance of reaching the final, so i would except the strongest possible line up from them. I would expect Malaga to shorten a lot before the game.

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 6th - 8th Levante has to play in the spanish championship on Friday a game against their rival Deportivo to avoid relegation. The game against Deportivo is very important, that`s why most of Levante`s regular players were given a rest in the game against Malaga.Levante scored only 13 goals this season. And the players who scored 9 of 13 goals will not take part in this game So my bet is also Malaga win.

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 6th - 8th I think both Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid will field their best 11 today.But witout Marcelo,Real Madrid look unstable at the back and not that creative upfront.While Atletico Madrid started with a convincing win at home,Real Madrid were crushed consecutively by Milan and Valencia.You should totally be out of form to be beaten by this Milan side.Real looked good for the first 15 minutes against Valencia but during the 2nd half they just ran out of energy i think.They looked tired,flat and Valencia were all over them.There is no doubt that both teams want badly to win the league instead of Copa Del Rey but today's game is more than a regular game.This is a derby which comes in a crucial moment.As i said,Real Madrid were defeated twice in 2 weeks and if they lose today they will no doubt feel on pressure or why not in a crysis.Atletico,after a win at home,should be calmer and balanced.They always play with passion and give their best,especially when they face Real Madrid.Atletico have been doing great under Simeone and they have an excellent H2H in the past few years + they are in a better mood and form.I think we might see a HW which eventually could turn into a comfortable one.You can never know what the final outcome of a derby will be,especially in a two-legged tie,but the home team should feel more than comfortable,while Real Madrid could start rushing from the very beginning and we know how deadly on counter attack Atletico Madrid could be.Medium stakes on HW @ 3.5 and a small punt on HW (-1AH) @. 6.6 with bet365.

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 6th - 8th

There is no dubt that both teams want badly to win the league instead of Copa Del Rey
I agree with this. So taking into consideration that Atletico are away at Barca and Real are at home to Espanyol this weekend, wouldn't you say that Real will have the ability to field a stronger line-up? (ie. they can rest players against Espanyol instead) Don't you think Diego Simeone will rest a few players for the Camp Nou? If this is the case, Real have the superior depth and when remembering they both want the league (and it's close now) changes for Real aren't as significant as changes for Atletico. Torres will start. Don't know if that is good or bad for Atletico,,, torres-facepalm_o_320600.jpg

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 6th - 8th Almeria – Getafe – Draw at 3.20 @ Marathonbet This is a game for the round of “16” of Copa Del Rey between two teams of Primera Division. Almeria is coming from three straight wins for all competitions, last two of them for the championship. Hosts have won only once at home this year, tonight they face Getafe, which is going to play for the first time under the instructions of the new coach, Quique Flores. Visitors have are coming from three draws at the last five last games for all competitions, where they lost once and won once. I see a draw also tonight.

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 6th - 8th Villarreal v Real Sociedad Real Sociedad double chance @ 2.6 with Bet365 (4/10) The Copa Del Rey in Spain can be compared to England's FA Cup in the sense that it has a high importance to the majority of Spanish sides, that said, the way in which the Spanish cup works is very different to the FA Cup with it's two legged ties making it a lengthy and tolling competition to keep up with. Also with the cup split between two halves one that includes Real Madrid, Barcelona and Athletico Madrid there often can be some sides that resign themselves to not making the final who are drawn in this half, with sides from the other half taking it far more seriously as their chances to get towards the final is far greater (Malaga for example last night). Villarreal and Real Sociedad are among the teams in the "group of death" half of Spain's elite cup, so either of these teams can be forgiven for not taking it too seriously. Villarreal are following up from a great season last season with another impressive one this season. They are still in the Europa cup and are having a great campaign in the league again and look set for another spot in the Europe next season. They are unbeaten in their last 11 games with Saturdays draw away at relegation candidate Elche ending their 7 game winning streak, after being 2-0 up. They have already had to play 8 games in Europe along with their 17 league games and with the knowledge of knowing they will be facing the big boys at some point if they stay in the competition maybe this is a competition that they could really do without considering their squad size and the amount of games they still have in front of them. Going 2-0 up against Elche and then getting pinned back for a draw may also be showing signs that fatigue is catching up with their players. Villareal ran out comfortable 4-0 winners the last time they hosted Sociedad last month however I fully expect changes to be made to this team to keep players fresh for their next league game away at fellow European spot candidates Malaga, which has been somewhat of a fortress this year. Real Sociedad have had a very poor season this year which has been well documented. However David Moyes seem to have instilled some backbone into the team and they are currently unbeaten in four games including their massive shock win against Barcelona at the weekend. Given that Sociedad have nothing to really play for in the league as they should easily overcome the threat of relegation but are far too behing the pack to make the top 6, they have the freedom to really give the Cope Del Rey a go this season to try to get as far as possible and maybe turn a very poor season into something salvagable. After their triumph against Barca they should be in good spirits and in a confident mood and maybe even start to believe they have an outside chance to get far in this competition even when they do face one of the Spanish giants. David Moyes always took the FA Cup seriously back in England and I think he may treat the Copa Del Rey in the same way as it is their one and only way of attempting to win a trophy this season. All in all considering the condition of both squads and the likely/possible attitudes towards this game I think the 2.60 offered on Real Sociedad not to be beaten tonight is great value considering the confidence boost they had at the weekend.

I agree with this. So taking into consideration that Atletico are away at Barca and Real are at home to Espanyol this weekend, wouldn't you say that Real will have the ability to field a stronger line-up? (ie. they can rest players against Espanyol instead) Don't you think Diego Simeone will rest a few players for the Camp Nou? If this is the case, Real have the superior depth and when remembering they both want the league (and it's close now) changes for Real aren't as significant as changes for Atletico. Torres will start. Don't know if that is good or bad for Atletico,,, torres-facepalm_o_320600.jpg
Totally true, Miranda is out same for Ansaldi. Torres will start, should be a walk in the park for Real defense. This guy rarely played on a decent level last few years, his history at this club is nothing more than a story to me. Obiak will be in goal too so changes will be made for sure in their squad. Real will host almeria at the weekend so they will surely focus on this game. But besides all these facts, Real lost their last two games which is rare.. No way on earth they will loose three times in a row. I really fancy them to win tonight although this has been a tough fixture in the last few seasons. Goals are likely for me cause both teams concede on a regular basis lately. 1-3 is my call for this one! Ronaldo anytime and both teams to score! The league is more important and the game on saturday which I will attend :-) :-) in camp nou will be another cracker for atletico. Since this is a two leg affair I can see Real snatch the points here comfortable. Goodluck! I'm also on valencia and Villareal home wins but no time for previews. Both have a very strong squad available tonight and home advantage in the first leg is key. Rock solid home forms both!

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 6th - 8th real sociedad have got nothing going for them. they are only defensive and hard to breakdown but they offer much in attack. the barcelona match was a fluke and its evident moyes has made them numb. i will be opposing them on the asian handicap in the coming weeks

Villarreal v Real Sociedad Real Sociedad double chance @ 2.6 with Bet365 (4/10) The Copa Del Rey in Spain can be compared to England's FA Cup in the sense that it has a high importance to the majority of Spanish sides, that said, the way in which the Spanish cup works is very different to the FA Cup with it's two legged ties making it a lengthy and tolling competition to keep up with. Also with the cup split between two halves one that includes Real Madrid, Barcelona and Athletico Madrid there often can be some sides that resign themselves to not making the final who are drawn in this half, with sides from the other half taking it far more seriously as their chances to get towards the final is far greater (Malaga for example last night). Villarreal and Real Sociedad are among the teams in the "group of death" half of Spain's elite cup, so either of these teams can be forgiven for not taking it too seriously. Villarreal are following up from a great season last season with another impressive one this season. They are still in the Europa cup and are having a great campaign in the league again and look set for another spot in the Europe next season. They are unbeaten in their last 11 games with Saturdays draw away at relegation candidate Elche ending their 7 game winning streak, after being 2-0 up. They have already had to play 8 games in Europe along with their 17 league games and with the knowledge of knowing they will be facing the big boys at some point if they stay in the competition maybe this is a competition that they could really do without considering their squad size and the amount of games they still have in front of them. Going 2-0 up against Elche and then getting pinned back for a draw may also be showing signs that fatigue is catching up with their players. Villareal ran out comfortable 4-0 winners the last time they hosted Sociedad last month however I fully expect changes to be made to this team to keep players fresh for their next league game away at fellow European spot candidates Malaga, which has been somewhat of a fortress this year. Real Sociedad have had a very poor season this year which has been well documented. However David Moyes seem to have instilled some backbone into the team and they are currently unbeaten in four games including their massive shock win against Barcelona at the weekend. Given that Sociedad have nothing to really play for in the league as they should easily overcome the threat of relegation but are far too behing the pack to make the top 6, they have the freedom to really give the Cope Del Rey a go this season to try to get as far as possible and maybe turn a very poor season into something salvagable. After their triumph against Barca they should be in good spirits and in a confident mood and maybe even start to believe they have an outside chance to get far in this competition even when they do face one of the Spanish giants. David Moyes always took the FA Cup seriously back in England and I think he may treat the Copa Del Rey in the same way as it is their one and only way of attempting to win a trophy this season. All in all considering the condition of both squads and the likely/possible attitudes towards this game I think the 2.60 offered on Real Sociedad not to be beaten tonight is great value considering the confidence boost they had at the weekend.
Villarreal 1-0 Real Sociedad Bet lost Sociedad played a much changed line-up from the weekend and fielded a weaker team. Moyes clearly wasn't bothered about this game like I'd hoped.

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 6th - 8th Real failed to deliver.. Really screwed up about this one. Ronaldo was on the bench but even without him they played a strong first half and also scored a goal, disallowed unfortunately. Atletico did well in the second half and like predicted they also found the net. All in all a close game but the thing that bothers me the most is that real failed to score a legimite goal. Even covered the draw which was worth a lot cause I played valencia and villareal in combos. Real cost me a lot and lost their third game in a row. Didn't see that one coming from such a powerhouse with a great coach. Wrong pick hurts..

Real failed to deliver.. Really screwed up about this one. Ronaldo was on the bench but even without him they played a strong first half and also scored a goal' date=' disallowed unfortunately. Atletico did well in the second half and like predicted they also found the net. All in all a close game but the thing that bothers me the most is that real failed to score a legimite goal. Even covered the draw which was worth a lot cause I played valencia and villareal in combos. Real cost me a lot and lost their third game in a row. Didn't see that one coming from such a powerhouse with a great coach. Wrong pick hurts..[/quote'] Tell me about it i need a goal from them and they fail to do so , first time since october and the time they fail i pick them !

I think both Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid will field their best 11 today.But witout Marcelo' date=Real Madrid look unstable at the back and not that creative upfront.While Atletico Madrid started with a convincing win at home,Real Madrid were crushed consecutively by Milan and Valencia.You should totally be out of form to be beaten by this Milan side.Real looked good for the first 15 minutes against Valencia but during the 2nd half they just ran out of energy i think.They looked tired,flat and Valencia were all over them.There is no doubt that both teams want badly to win the league instead of Copa Del Rey but today's game is more than a regular game.This is a derby which comes in a crucial moment.As i said,Real Madrid were defeated twice in 2 weeks and if they lose today they will no doubt feel on pressure or why not in a crysis.Atletico,after a win at home,should be calmer and balanced.They always play with passion and give their best,especially when they face Real Madrid.Atletico have been doing great under Simeone and they have an excellent H2H in the past few years + they are in a better mood and form.I think we might see a HW which eventually could turn into a comfortable one.You can never know what the final outcome of a derby will be,especially in a two-legged tie,but the home team should feel more than comfortable,while Real Madrid could start rushing from the very beginning and we know how deadly on counter attack Atletico Madrid could be.Medium stakes on HW @ 3.5 and a small punt on HW (-1AH) @. 6.6 with bet365.
2:0 :nana

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 6th - 8th I don't see why people keep going against Atleti in these big games, 6 unbeaten vs Real now and yet every time they open up odds of 3.6 or more AT HOME. I backed them again tonight on the +0.25 line and was happy to read allot of people on Real as every time. Not trying to gloat as I was a bit worried when I saw their line up and how they started but once they settled it was a typical performance from them and bet never looked in doubt after 1-0. At the weekend I will be on Atletico +1 too against Barca.

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 6th - 8th Don't be so confident about it.There is still a plenty of time until the game and anything could happen.I am not writing off Messi transfer out,also i think if Barca fail today Enrique will get fired.Atletico are great but they are even better when they face Real Madrid because Barcelona are not great enemy as Real who are extremely lucky to play such an outsider on the weekend.They are totally out of form and if they keep going like this,Ancelotti wan't make it until the end of february,a month full of important games.

I don't see why people keep going against Atleti in these big games' date=' 6 unbeaten vs Real now and yet every time they open up odds of 3.6 or more AT HOME. I backed them again tonight on the +0.25 line and was happy to read allot of people on Real as every time.[/quote'] In fact, one person here (Simeon Borisof) did tip Atleti before the game. What you have done is called 'after-timing'.

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 6th - 8th GRANADA – SEVILLA Sevilla to Win at 1.92 @ Marathonbet The concentration of Granada is for sure at Primera Division, since it is at the 19th place of the table and gives a real fight for the survival. Moreover, the home team counts only one win at its last 15 games at all competitions (1-6-8). Sevilla, on the other hand, wants to make a crucial step for the qualification at quarter-finals of Copa del Rey, being at very good form and having the second leg at its field. The team of Unai Emery is unbeaten at its last six games for all competitions (5-1-0), but it has lost its 3/4 last away games. Nevertheless, I think that Sevilla will take the win at this match, locking at a high degree the qualification at next stage.

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 6th - 8th I am looking at Elche +3 This is solely based on the negativity of the news and information out from Barcelona And I firmly believed Elche would go all out to defend, ultra defensive in fact, knowing that they will stand little chance against the mighty Barcelona

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 6th - 8th Barcelona vs Elche – Barcelona To Win + Total Over 3.5 @ 1.82 Marathonbet This is the first game for the round of “16” of Copa Del Rey between Barcelona and Elche. There is no need to analyze that Barcelona is the favorite and probably will progress easily at the next round. Elche sits at the last spot of Primera Division, has much more important things to worry about than the Cup. I expect a very easy win for Barcelona, probably with many goals, that is why I will go with the win for Blaugrana and a total Over 3.5. Have in mind that Barcelona will want to make a good performance after the defeat to Real Sociedad and the rumors about Luis Enrique.

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 6th - 8th This could be a winning apporach,actually.Barcelona will no doubt have an eye on their game on the weekend against Atletico but they are in no position to make extra mistakes.They will take the win tonight no matter what.Elche are in the fight to stay in the league and i doubt the cup to be their priority so could rotate a bit.Barcelona will want doubt make a statement tonight and will win by 2-3 goals difference maybe.So i think the starting 11 will be of crucial importance for two reasons:would Barca field a relative strong line-up in order to calm down the fans or will give the whole priority to the league game AND will Elche try to take advantage of the situation in the home team by playing their best squad or not?.So,waiting for the official line-ups

Don't be so confident about it.There is still a plenty of time until the game and anything could happen.I am not writing off Messi transfer out' date='also i think if Barca fail today Enrique will get fired.Atletico are great but they are even better when they face Real Madrid because Barcelona are not great enemy as Real who are extremely lucky to play such an outsider on the weekend.They are totally out of form and if they keep going like this,Ancelotti wan't make it until the end of february,a month full of important games.[/quote'] I wouldn't say they are better when they play against Madrid. Just look how well they played against Barca in the CL last season. They're a group of players who thrive in the pressure of the big games with the specific instructions set by Simeone and will be up for the game at the weekend as much as any other big clash. I'll have to watch the game but the inexperienced line up put me off backing Atletico and I was surprised when I saw they won 2-0. I'm guessing it was another physical affair and that Madrid midfield without Alonso can easily be overpowered when the opposition gets tight and physical with them as we saw at the weekend when Valencia completely dominated them. Most of the time Madrid can use their pure talent to brush aside the opposition but when they play against talented individuals who aren't so easily beaten and also play a physical game they tend to struggle. Madrid will feel the loss of Alonso in the bigger games towards the end of the season I reckon and I'll probably be betting against them when they face talented sides who will also get tight and have the physicality to overpower them like Atletico, Sevilla, Valencia and perhaps Chelsea if they meet in the CL.

Re: Copa Del Rey > January 6th - 8th Barcelona - Elche Well Barcelona is going to win this one whether they are through a crisis or not. The thing is how many goals are gonna be scored in this game. The pressure that there is in the Blaugrana side plus the impressive comeback that Elche did at Saturday against Villareal where they were losing 0-2 but finally equalized and got one point, makes me thing betting on the away win with Asian Handicap. I believe they can score at least once and maybe we have a final result of 3-1, so i'm going for Elche +2.75 (AH) @ 1.88 Marathonbet

I am looking at Elche +3 This is solely based on the negativity of the news and information out from Barcelona And I firmly believed Elche would go all out to defend, ultra defensive in fact, knowing that they will stand little chance against the mighty Barcelona
What a naive thinking i have :(