** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Bundesliga > January 30th - February 1st

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 30 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]VfL Wolfsburg v FC Bayern München (19:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 31 January 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]1. FSV Mainz 05 v SC Paderborn 07 (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Schalke 04 v Hannover 96 (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.88[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Hamburger SV v 1. FC Köln (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]SC Freiburg v Eintracht Frankfurt (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]VfB Stuttgart v Borussia Mönchengladbach (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.55[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Borussia Dortmund (17:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.87[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 1 February 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Werder Bremen v Hertha BSC (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Augsburg v 1899 Hoffenheim (16:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 1 month later...

Re: Bundesliga > January 30th - February 1st Wolfsburg - Bayern M. Bundesliga starts again with a derby against the two first teams of the table (well not that interesting as it concerns who's gonna be the title holder in the end of the year). After a big break like this it's hard to make predictions since we don't know in what shape the teams are. I have a feeling that if Bayern is to lose one game this season it might be this one, but is not strong enough to put a big bet on it. On reasonable odds is over 2.5 as both teams will have absences in the defense and have the two best attacks. Over 2.5 @ 1.58 Marathonbet

Re: Bundesliga > January 30th - February 1st i have been checking the transfers of all teams in bundesliga and more or less everything is same with no particular additions for any team. when the league restarts again i'm not expecting any major changes in the ways clubs have been playing. i'd bank on future trends to be consistent to how they were before the winter break. it will be interesting to see how things unfold anyway

Re: Bundesliga > January 30th - February 1st Wolfsburg vs. Bayern Munich the stats from Bayern are crazy: http://betoolio.com/de/soccer/Odds/match/VfLWolfsburgvsBayernMunich2015013020 - the last game they lost was in november vs in champions league. all other games they won. i don't know, but i think wolfsburg never won vs. munich WIN Bayern Munich, Q1.62 (interwetten), 4/10

Re: Bundesliga > January 30th - February 1st VfL Wolfsburg (+1) to beat Bayern Munchen @ 2.139 Pinnacle Bayern will be without Ribery for this game, whilst Wolfsburg have sold Olic who scored quite a few goals for them this season. On the face of it, losing Olic should weaken Wolfsburg but I'm not sure that will be the case. The veteran Croat hasn't scored in the league since early November and Wolfsburg have been continuing to pick up results, so it's probably fair to say they were happy enough to let him go. As this is the first game for both teams in quite a while and given that Wolfsburg have a good home record and sit second in the Bundesliga I think they are worth a play with a one goal start.

Re: Bundesliga > January 30th - February 1st

Wolfsburg - Bayern M. Bundesliga starts again with a derby against the two first teams of the table (well not that interesting as it concerns who's gonna be the title holder in the end of the year). After a big break like this it's hard to make predictions since we don't know in what shape the teams are. I have a feeling that if Bayern is to lose one game this season it might be this one, but is not strong enough to put a big bet on it. On reasonable odds is over 2.5 as both teams will have absences in the defense and have the two best attacks. Over 2.5 @ 1.58 Marathonbet
It's certainly not a 'local' derby - they are at the opposite ends of Germany. If you think Bayern might lose, then there could be value opposing them at long odds (2.7 for Wolfsburg or Draw)

VfL Wolfsburg (+1) to beat Bayern Munchen @ 2.139 Pinnacle Bayern will be without Ribery for this game, whilst Wolfsburg have sold Olic who scored quite a few goals for them this season. On the face of it, losing Olic should weaken Wolfsburg but I'm not sure that will be the case. The veteran Croat hasn't scored in the league since early November and Wolfsburg have been continuing to pick up results, so it's probably fair to say they were happy enough to let him go. As this is the first game for both teams in quite a while and given that Wolfsburg have a good home record and sit second in the Bundesliga I think they are worth a play with a one goal start.
Got to agree with that I think - both sides are in excellent form and it looks to me that there is some value backing Wolfsburg. I watched one of Wolfsburg's recent friendlies in South Africa and I was impressed. Wolfsburg have a poor record against Bayern, but this Wolfsburg side could well be better than earlier versions.

VfL Wolfsburg (+1) to beat Bayern Munchen @ 2.139 Pinnacle Bayern will be without Ribery for this game, whilst Wolfsburg have sold Olic who scored quite a few goals for them this season. On the face of it, losing Olic should weaken Wolfsburg but I'm not sure that will be the case. The veteran Croat hasn't scored in the league since early November and Wolfsburg have been continuing to pick up results, so it's probably fair to say they were happy enough to let him go. As this is the first game for both teams in quite a while and given that Wolfsburg have a good home record and sit second in the Bundesliga I think they are worth a play with a one goal start.
VfL Wolfsburg 4 Bayern Munchen 1 +1.139 :ok

Re: Bundesliga > January 30th - February 1st Hamburger SV v Köln Hamburger SV: Cleber (7/1 d), Diekmeier (14/0 d), Behrami (16/0 m), Holtby (14/0 m) Köln: Helmes (0/0 f) Mainz v Paderborn Mainz: Park (7/0 d), Hofmann (6/3 m, 2nd top scorer), Koo (11/1 m), Moritz (7/0 m), Nedelev (0/0 m) Paderborn: Lück (0/0 g), Bertels (1/0 d), Ducksch (8/1 m) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: Bundesliga > January 30th - February 1st [h=3]Freiburg vs. Frankfurt[/h][h=4]Bet of the Week: Over 2.75 @1.90 (minimum 1.84)[/h] Current form based on past games Freiburg: Freiburg started well with their test games beating Mainz and Preussen Munster. However, in their game against Karlsruhe they lost big (0:5) and against Basel they did not stand a chance as well losing 2:0. The team had problems defensively which were similar to the ones they showed before the winter break, so that we can conclude that the team has yet to improve on this aspect. Frankfurt: Frankfurt remained with the trend of delivering high scoring games against teams that are also willing to attack frequently. Their recent games were 2:3 defeat vs. Hamburg (from 0:3 behind), 3:1 win vs. Al Ain and a 3:4 defeat vs. Servette in which they had huge chances throughout the game and had to score more. The trend is your friend and Frankfurt likes to stick to their offensive minded (risky) football.

• Expected line up and alternative options
Freiburg: Bürki (Mielitz) – Riether (Sorg) – Krmas (Torrejón) – Kempf (Höhn) – Günter – Klaus (Daehli) – Schuster (Höfler) – Darida – Schmid – Mehmedi – Petersen (Phillip/Guédé) Bürki should start the game as he recovered from muscle problems. Mielitz would be ready as a backup. Krmas is missing for 5 days with muscular problems and it seems like he has to be replaced by Torrejón, who lost the competition on this position against Krmas before the break. We are free to say Krmas missing is at least a small weakening. The team has similar problems with Kempf missing with muscular problems for the last 5 days as well. Höhn would replace him which is a definite weakening and with two possible changes on a vital position we would also add up an extra weakening. Frankfurt: Trapp – Chandler – Zambrano (Russ) – Anderson – Oczipka – Hasebe (Medojevic/Russ) – Aigner – Inui (Piazón/Kittel) – Stendera – Meier – Seferovic Hasebe and Inui came back from Asia Cup on 28th. Hasebe stated that both are ready to face Freiburg, but there is still a possibility that they might not be fully fit for the game. Trapp returns back in goal after his long injury and will surely be a boost when climbing up in terms of match fitness.
  • Tactic and game plans of both teams

Freiburg: Freiburg is likely to play in a 4-4-2 formation on paper which is actually very flexible and changed to a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 if needed. The team is using a mixture of wing play and counter attacking to create goal chances. In ball possession the team prefers short passing to go forward, but also likes to operate with longer balls when they face a lot of pressure on the ball owner They are also quite a physical and hard running team which is obviously due to the age of most of the players. The team is very young and athletic which is generally a nice quality to have. The mixture of young players and players with higher individual quality is getting better and the better. The midfield is playing very flexible going forward and makes it difficult for opponents to get into the tackles against the individual players. Frankfurt: Frankfurt is regularly switching the formation in midfield from a 4-2-3-1 to a formation of 4-1-2-1-2. The team has good passing qualities and a great balance with five players capable of scoring regularly and five players being primarily defensive minded. Frankfurt can defend deep in this formation to seek for counter, but also push up higher the pitch to win the ball earlier or at least cause long balls from the defenders in order to gain ball possession again. The team is generally rather offensive minded and likes to play attacking football as proven in all their games this season and also during their test games.

• Chances and risks of the individual tactics used against the respectively opponent
In this game Freiburg with a 4-2-2-2 faces Frankfurt with a 4-1-2-1-2 formation. Freiburg likes to play football and get into tackles physically and Frankfurt is not too different here. Frankfurt also likes to get forward by good passing and likes to think offensive in general. Both teams have some problems defensively due to the way they play (Frankfurt), but also because of individual mistakes (Freiburg). This allows us to expect a game in which a couple of chances should be created either way with Frankfurt having a small edge in terms of individual quality. In the first game between both teams Frankfurt won 1:0 with an efficient performance. Freiburg was capable of creating more chances throughout the game, but lacked good scoring abilities as in their recent friendly game (0:2 loss vs. Basel). Overall we believe that Freiburg will definitely be competitive in this game, but they have to find a way to use their chances. Frankfurt is always dangerous and efficient offensively, but also volatile in defense. Influence of past or upcoming midweek games Freiburg: No influence on the team. Frankfurt: No influence on the team. Weather and Pitch Conditions Around 1 degree expected in Freiburg with a 24 percent chance of rain. Throughout the morning some mixture of rain and snow will fall in Freiburg which could leave us with a wet, slippery pitch. The pitch is in average condition.
  • General Club/Coach Situation

Freiburg: Good atmosphere in Freiburg who are excited because of two events. First is the game they are playing to open the new year against Frankfurt. The second event is the voting on Sunday whether the club will build a new stadium or not. For this occasion the team will run this game with a unique jersey. The jersey sponsor allowed the club to put “say yes” on the jersey instead their logo to underline their support for a new stadium. Frankfurt: Atmosphere in Frankfurt is average. Coach Schaaf has not been happy with the last test game and another event off the pitch made him very angry. Zambrano, Piazón and youngster Yaffa were partying after the test game. Youngster and new transfer Yaffa was even blamed to try and rape a young girl in the apartment of Zambrano which remains to be investigated. The club and coach were obviously not amused with both the party and the after events. A free day was cancelled and an additional training day added to underline the importance of the start into the 2nd half of the season.

Re: Bundesliga > January 30th - February 1st probable line-ups and missings Mainz Karius - Brosinski, Bell, Jara, Bengtsson - Geis, Baumgartlinger - Clemens, Malli, Jairo - Okazaki Park, Hofmann, Koo, Moritz, Nedelev Paderborn L. Kruse - Wemmer, Rafa Lopez, Hünemeier, Brückner - Ziegler - Koc, Bakalorz, Vrancic, Stoppelkamp - Kachunga Luck, Bertles, Ducksch

HSV Drobny - Götz, Djourou, Rajkovic, Ostrzolek - Westermann - N. Müller, van der Vaart, Stieber, Gouaida - Olic Cleber, Dikmeier, Behrami, Holtby Koln Horn - Olkowski, Maroh, Wimmer, Hector - M. Lehmann - Risse, Vogt, Gerhardt, Peszko - Ujah Helmes
Stuttgart Ulreich - Schwaab, Baumgartl, Niedermeier, Hlousek - Oriol Romeu, Gentner - Klein, Maxim, Harnik - Ibisevic Rudiger, Didavi, Gruezo, Yalcin, Ginczek Monchengladbach Sommer - Korb, Stranzl, Jantschke, Alvaro Dominguez - Kramer, G. Xhaka - Herrmann, Hazard - Raffael - M. Kruse Hahn, Traore, Hazard (?), Dominguez (?)
Schalke Giefer - Höwedes, Kirchhoff, Nastasic - Uchida, Fuchs - Neustädter - Höger, M. Meyer - K.-P. Boateng, Huntelaar Fahrmann, Aogo, Ayhan, Kolašinac, Draxler, Goretzka, Farfan, Obasi Hannover Zieler - H. Sakai, Marcelo, C. Schulz, Albornoz - Gülselam, Schmiedebach - Briand, Stindl, Bittencourt - Joselu Almer, Miller, Hoffmann, Andreasen, Ya Konan
Bayer Leverkusen Leno - Hilbert, Spahic, Toprak, Wendell - L. Bender, Castro - Bellarabi, Calhanoglu, Drmic - Kießling Jedvaj, Kruse, Son Borussia Dortmund Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Sokratis, Hummels, Schmelzer - Sahin, Gündogan - Kampl, Reus, H. Mkhitaryan - Aubameyang Langerak, Drum, S. Bender, Blaszczykowski, Kehl

It's certainly not a 'local' derby - they are at the opposite ends of Germany. If you think Bayern might lose' date=' then there could be value opposing them at long odds (2.7 for Wolfsburg or Draw)[/quote'] I didn't say it's a local derby, unless if derby is considered only between teams of the same region. In my country all the big games we call them derbies. for example isn't Real Madrid - Barcelona a derby?

Re: Bundesliga > January 30th - February 1st Werder Bremen-Hertha Berlin 1 @2,40 WH stake 4 Bundesliga for me is real a mined field, i rate this one of the hardest Championship because there is a lot of pace by most of team, like PL in England. However Home team was in resurgent form before the break and from the information I collected, they also have made a very good preparation with a tournament in Turkey. Well, friendly game are not so important in terms of form indicator, however the team has played a good football.They are quite an attacking side, they have also strenghtened their defense assuring the performances of Young defender Vestergaard from Hoffenheim, 199cm of heght that should give a boost from danger coming from set pieces, corner and flanks Attacks. They have full potential going forward with also important Di Santo going to start today, even if he can be rusty after the crociate injury he has substained. Werder at home is 3-3-2 13/10. Hertha (1-2-5 13-20)is missing practically all their creativity and goals for this one because Kalou is at CAN and he is 13/5 the first goalscorer of this team. Then in the middle will be absents also Hosogai (16/0) Skjelbred 12/0 and Ben Hatira 11/3, plus Cigerci and Baumjohan but both 0/0 this year. However i see them very short in terms of middle fighting solution, and so with an enthisiastic home team crowd, i give the edge to green team to collect 3 vital points for salvation, before having quite of an hard schedule going to Hoffenheim then receiving Leverkusen, Augsburg, and then visiting Gelsenkirchen and receving Wolfsburg. Wir sind Werder!!!

I didn't say it's a local derby' date=' unless if derby is considered only between teams of the same region. In my country all the big games we call them derbies. for example isn't Real Madrid - Barcelona a derby?[/quote'] technically it's not. A great match-up yes, but it's not a derby. The derbies those teams play are Atlético-Real (and Rayo-Real and Getafe-Real to a lesser extent, not to mention Alcorcón and Leganés from the same metropolitan area) and Barcelona-Espanyol. Also other local derbies are the Sevilla derby (Betis-Sevilla), the East Andalusian derby (Málaga-Granada), but all matches between the 4-5-6 Andalusian teams in the PD are derbies, the Galician (Deportivo-Celta), the Asturian (Oviedo-Gijón), the Valencian (Levante-Valencia or Valencia-Villarreal due to the Valencian Community derby) the Basque (Sociedad-Athletic) and so on. Real-Barca is not a derby. Saying local derby is redundant like saying "aged oldman". Sorry for the off

Re: Bundesliga > January 30th - February 1st Bremen-Hertha BSC First Game for booth after Winter Break. And the Form from booth teams are not the same. Bremen in last Test-Games and specially scine new Coach Skripnik are Bremen Coach much better playing and have a great win in last game before Break against Dortmund at home with 2:1. Bremen very bad in defensive, so now they signed Vestergaard from Hoffenheim. For me a good Transfer and he will playing today, but unknown if he are making TODAY Bremens Defensive better. But see Bremens Home Bilance from 3-3-2 and 13-12 goals, you can see that Bremen at home standing good in Defensive. Also they have loan Öztunali from Leverkusen and making the offensive much unpredictable. Because with Di Santo back from injury, Bremen´s only missing are Lorenzen by injury. So you have 7-8 players nearly on the same Level for the Offensive. Hertha on the other Side with not good Form last weeks and today with important missings by Kalou, Skjelbred,Hosougai, Cigerci and Ben Hatira. Kalou,Hosougai and Skjelbred are big missings for Berlin. Berlin also bad in away games with 1-2-5 and 13-20. So the defensive without Skjelbred are not the same.... They are weaker... So Bremen can be nearly made the whole Winter Break with there best squad and Berlin can´t do that and shwoing not the best Form, so for me: Bremen @ 2.30 4/10 bet365

Bremen-Hertha BSC First Game for booth after Winter Break. And the Form from booth teams are not the same. Bremen in last Test-Games and specially scine new Coach Skripnik are Bremen Coach much better playing and have a great win in last game before Break against Dortmund at home with 2:1. Bremen very bad in defensive, so now they signed Vestergaard from Hoffenheim. For me a good Transfer and he will playing today, but unknown if he are making TODAY Bremens Defensive better. But see Bremens Home Bilance from 3-3-2 and 13-12 goals, you can see that Bremen at home standing good in Defensive. Also they have loan Öztunali from Leverkusen and making the offensive much unpredictable. Because with Di Santo back from injury, Bremen´s only missing are Lorenzen by injury. So you have 7-8 players nearly on the same Level for the Offensive. Hertha on the other Side with not good Form last weeks and today with important missings by Kalou, Skjelbred,Hosougai, Cigerci and Ben Hatira. Kalou,Hosougai and Skjelbred are big missings for Berlin. Berlin also bad in away games with 1-2-5 and 13-20. So the defensive without Skjelbred are not the same.... They are weaker... So Bremen can be nearly made the whole Winter Break with there best squad and Berlin can´t do that and shwoing not the best Form, so for me: Bremen @ 2.30 4/10 bet365
FT 2:0 :nana Deserved over the whole 90 Minutes. Berlin very weak.