** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Pre-Season - January 11

Re: Pre-Season - January 11 Back David Goffin to win ATP Chennai for a 3/10 stake at 7.00 with Stan James The first half of the draw should come down to a contest between Wawrinka and Goffin and I'd much rather be on Goffin at 7.00 than on Wawrinka at just above evens. After the last season, the Belgian looks set to achieve even more - and the tournament in Chennai looks like an opportunity he could take advantage of. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-chennai-betting-david-goffin-can-start-the-new-season-with-a-good-showing-in-india

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Pre-Season - January 11

Brisbane International - Bernard Tomic @ 34 Betfair Tomic has been training on the Gold Coast for six weeks and with the heat in Queensland very severe right now I think this could give him a slight advantage. He won his first title in Australia (Sydney) and after a pretty disappointing 2014 I have a feeling he'll start the year well at home and being on the opposite side of the draw to Federer is obviously a bonus.
Have Querrey as an outside shot @101 to make some sort of impact,so I'll be opposing you from the off :eek. I think Tomic should have a good year though,all the talk out of his camp has suddenly gotten serious.I'm surprised to see Kyrgios as a clear favourite for the top Australian,granted I haven't seen much of him but he hasn't been on the tour very long at all and was tired towards the end of last year.

Re: Pre-Season - January 11 I've been away from the tennis so will tread carefully with my bets for the first few weeks. 2pts R.Williams to beat M.Reid 2-0 5/4 Bet365 Rhyne has not dropped a set in these qualifiers for Brisbane. He beat Jan Hernych and then destroyed Pierre-Hugues Herbert to just 4 games. Reid took out Castillo and done really well to beat Gombos but he has needed three tie breakers now and I think Rhyne may just be too much for Matt. Matt in his home country may push this to three so I'm going just 2pts on this.

Re: Pre-Season - January 11 1pt E/W L.Hewitt to win Brisbane International 40/1 SkyBet I'm Just looking around for some value in this tournament really. I definitely want to pick someone out from the bottom half and Nishikori obviously stands out until I see his poor odds being offered. Last year this event was won by Hewitt in his home country so who knows what magic that may conjure up for him? He obviously takes this tournament seriously and he beat alot of good players last year to win this. Last year Hewitt beat good, hard servers such as Lopez and Kei Nishikori along the way to meeting Fed in the final so there is no real reason why it cannot happen again and at 40/1 I think this is some nice value. He has shown he can mix it with the likes of Anderson, Raonic and Kei by beating or getting close to them as of late. I'll give the aussie a shot.

Re: Pre-Season - January 11 2pts D.Brown to beat P.Lorenzi 2-0 13/8 Coral Both of these players can be alittle sketchy on the hard courts but I trust Dustin more on the shot placement and movement around the court. Head-2-head shows a couple of 2-0 wins for Brown albeit on the clay but on the whole he is the better player and should win here. I'll take a punt on him winning it 2-0.

Re: Pre-Season - January 11 5pts B.Coric to beat R.Haase 4/5 WilliamHill 2pts B.Coric to beat R.Haase 2-0 2/1 Ladbrokes I'm going for a nicely priced teen to win here to nil. Haase has won the only meeting between the two but it was on the clay court and this will be on the hard. Coric beat Gulbis and Nadal on the hard courts. He is just 18 and this is his favourite surface and he is playing a player, in Haase who prefers the clay.

Re: Pre-Season - January 11 Back Elias Ymer (+1.5 sets) to beat Igor Sijsling for a 7/10 stake at 1.94 with Pinnacle Sijsling looked pretty average at the end of the previous season and I think that his decline is going to continue, while I expect Ymer to improve his ranking over the next couple of months, so I can see this match going either way really. At these odds, the set handicap looks like a good bet to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ymer-vs-sijsling-betting-elias-ymer-to-take-a-set-off-igor-sijsling-in-chennai

Re: Pre-Season - January 11 Back Carlos Berlocq (+1.5 sets) to beat Aleksandr Dolgopolov for a 7/10 stake at 2.12 with Pinnacle Despite his obvious qualities, Dolgopolov is still far too inconsistent to be priced below evens to win this one in straight sets. Berlocq is no slouch and his consistent baseline play should give Dolgopolov plenty to think about, so I expect the Argentinian to win a set here more often than not. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/berlocq-vs-dolgopolov-betting-carlos-berlocq-has-what-it-takes-to-challenge-aleksandr-dolgopolov-in-brisbane

Re: Pre-Season - January 11 Back A.Pavlasek/F.Fognini - Over 19.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.89 with Pinnacle Pavlasek looked quite decent in his match against Pospisil and I don't believe that Fognini will take this match ultra-seriously, so this line looks surprisingly low to me in all fairness. Fognini to win, but not without hitting a few speed-bumps along the way. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pavlasek-vs-fognini-betting-a-fairly-long-match-might-be-on-the-cards-for-fabio-fognini-and-adam-pavlasek

Re: Pre-Season - January 11 Leaving for work so got to be brisk. 2.5pts I.Karlovic to beat L.Rosol 2-0 6/5 SkyBet So hard to return that serve when the big man is playing well and he is. At worst Id like to think Karlo should do this 7-6 7-6. Sorry for poor write up but gots to go. Good luck

Re: Pre-Season - January 11 Akgul Amanmuradova to beat Mathilde Johansson (HongKong 50k)@1.72, bet365, 6/10 Akgul had a very nice upswinging end of last year winning 4 very tough matches (Dodin, Tig, Bonaventure, Beygelzimmer) And only losing to Kruinc 76 in the 3rd in the final in a nailbiter where she had some matchpoints as well. But she is there again with great serves and can maybe have a late push to get into the top100 again. WIth Johansson she is facing a player that is not really in form, or anything, nothing special nowadays and I really believe she will prove no threat to Amanmuradova, whose time is ticking and it looks like she is makeing the most of it. They have met 7 times Johansson winning 4 of them, but Akgul winning the last 2. If she will not suffer from tiredness, she will get her 4th win tomorrow against the french! GL

Re: Pre-Season - January 11 Kiki Mladenovic to beat Elena Vesnina (Auckland WTA)@2.00, bet365, 5/10 Mladenovic will get better and better each year and I think they have similar heavy games with Vesnina. I believe Mladenovic is still not satisfied at all with her ranking and the quickness of her rise in the rankings as she has serious top10 potential imo. Vesnina, if ON has a very dangerious game, but really she hasnt been playing that much at all since the US Open (2 doubles and 1 singles, all lost) and that shows me she will need some time get into her game. She hasnt won in more then 4 months and only arrived to Auckland on the 3rd, after a 30 hours flight according to her twitter. Mladenovic was there on the 1st already and had 2 and a half mroe days to practice, this could be also an advantage for the hungrier french. Only time they have met is 2014 where Vesnina won easily on clay, maybe its a good time to get her back after an unsuccessful last 4 months in 2014. GL

Re: Pre-Season - January 11 Back Rhyne Williams to beat John Millman for a 6/10 stake at 2.94 with Pinnacle Am I missing something or do these odds really make little sense? Millman finished the 2014 season on a high, I'll give you that, but he'll be facing an in-form guy that has just beaten three decent players in the qualifiers without dropping any sets, so there surely has to be some value in backing the American at 2.94. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/williams-vs-millman-betting-rhyne-williams-looks-value-against-john-millman

Back Rhyne Williams to beat John Millman for a 6/10 stake at 2.94 with Pinnacle Am I missing something or do these odds really make little sense? Millman finished the 2014 season on a high, I'll give you that, but he'll be facing an in-form guy that has just beaten three decent players in the qualifiers without dropping any sets, so there surely has to be some value in backing the American at 2.94. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/williams-vs-millman-betting-rhyne-williams-looks-value-against-john-millman
What do you think about Lu?

is last match on a ticket .. 500 euro with 50.. and i dont know what to do.. bet some money on deverman?
That's a call only you can make. Perhaps stick around for the first few games and then decide in-play if the match is offered, which it probably is. In any case, I wish you luck.

Re: Pre-Season - January 11 2.5pts (Under 20.5 games) S.Kuznetsova Vs L.Hrdecka Evens Bet365 Lucie seems like she has been struggling through every game when you look at her previous results and Kuznetsova has only really lost to top players recently. Cannot really blame Lucie as clay is her most preferred surface where as Kuznetsova is very adept on the hard court. I also noticed Kuznetsova saying she is intending to get asmany games as possible in this event as she skipped it last year so all points to her being determined here and Ill go 2-0 and under 21 games.

Re: Pre-Season - January 11 4pts D.Kudla to beat J.Nieminen 6/4 Coral 1.25pt D.Kudla to win 2-0 19/5 Boylesports 33yr old Jarko seen better days and sliding out of the top 100 soon I think. Alot of injuries and not playing so great. He faces 22yr old Kudla who I think can spring a suprise win here. He is in the better of form between the two and although ranked just outside the top 100 its probably more apt an opponent for Jarko nowadays. The difference in age must come into this and the fact we're certainly on Kudlas favoured surface makes me go for this one.

Re: Pre-Season - January 11 2.5pts R.Berankis to beat L.Vanni 2-0 Evens PaddyPower I would expect Berankis to win this without too much fuss. Berankis is in some good form right and has beaten the likes of Raonic on the hard surface and for Vanni he could only dream of wins like that. Evens seems a decent price for this really as Vanni, although at what looks like his highest ranking, is a good 50-60 places below a player in good form.

Re: Pre-Season - January 11 Hello everyone! Tennis season back for another year. Hoping to get more involved this season, so here are my picks for today's matches :ok All odds with Unibet. - RICARDAS BERANKIS (v Luca Vanni, Chennai R1) x MALEK JAZIRI (v Joao Souza, Doha R1) @ 2.05 As well as Vanni has done in qualies, I can't see him being able to take down Berankis. The Lithuanian is better off the deck and more accustomed to hard courts. As for Jaziri, he's a more than capable player in this environment and will know the importance of winning this kind of match, on what is close to home soil, against a player who is reliant on serve and much more proficient on clay. - LEONARDO MAYER (v Andreas Seppi, Doha R1) @ 2.05 Mayer has his 'breakthrough year' last season and I expect him to be too strong for Seppi. He's got the bigger serve and has added a lot more consistency to his groundstrokes. Seppi's best years are probably behind him and he's always susceptible on serve. A year ago, in this environment, I'd have backed Seppi, but the Italian isn't at the level he once was and I'd back Mayer to take him out at odds against. - UNDER 17.5 GAMES (Novak Djokovic v Dusan Lajovic, Doha R1) @ 1.86 Djokovic's illness permitting, he should beat his fellow Serb comfortably. I can't see Lajovic getting any more than five games in this one, which would cover the line. Lajovic is sparrer and he beats players by out-rallying them. That won't work against Djokovic, who will suck up anything that's thrown at him and spit it right back with interest. This ought to be a routine win for the world No.1. - PHILIPP KOHLSCHREIBER -3.5 GAMES (v Jan-Lennard Struff, Doha R1) @ 1.85 I think this is a nice line on Kohli. He's the better player than Struff, who for me is very dependent on his serve. His game outside of that is still a bit wooden. In the only match they've completed, Kohli won 6-4, 6-3 and I'd expect a similar tale here. PK is good on slower hard courts and as long as he's mentally attuned, he'll take this and the line. - ELIAS YMER +1.5 SETS (v Igor Sijsling, Chennai R1) @ 1.89 The young Swede is one of the up-and-coming players and certainly has a chance against the Dutchman. Sijsling hasn't been at his best for quite some time and is hugely reliant on his serve. If that goes, he tends to get down on himself and confidence goes. Ymer is a wildcard and will be desperate to get a main Tour win under his belt. He might not achieve it, but I expect him to come close. - LUKAS LACKO (v Aljaz Bedene, Chennai R1) @ 1.85 Lacko won the only meeting between these players and I reckon he'll do it again. Bedene came through the qualies so has the game-time, but Lacko has more power. It'll be a bit of a ball-bashing fest, but I rate Lacko's chances of getting the job done, although possibly in three. - UNDER 19.5 GAMES (NVS Prasanth v Jiri Vesely, Chennai R1) @ 1.98 I have never seen Prasanth play, so I'm going in a bit blind here, but I suspect there will be a big gulf in class. Vesely's a good player, an up-and-coming lefty who will have matured a lot since last year. Nice, strong serve, decent groundies ... he should be several levels about Prasanth, who is only in the main draw because Illya Marchenko gifted him the win in qualies. - PABLO CARRENO BUSTA -2.5 GAMES (v Alejandro Gonzalez, Chennai R1) @ 1.84 My big issue with Gonzalez is his hard-court ability. He is a very archetypal South American clay-courter who doesn't win many matches on this surface. PCB isn't too hot on hard either, but I see more scope for improvement in his game on this surface and for that reason, I reckon he'll get through this one. He's the more attack-minded player and that mindset will pay off here. Good luck with all your bets :hope

5pts B.Coric to beat R.Haase 4/5 WilliamHill 2pts B.Coric to beat R.Haase 2-0 2/1 Ladbrokes I'm going for a nicely priced teen to win here to nil. Haase has won the only meeting between the two but it was on the clay court and this will be on the hard. Coric beat Gulbis and Nadal on the hard courts. He is just 18 and this is his favourite surface and he is playing a player, in Haase who prefers the clay.
This is an excellent shout :ok

ugh clowns like Berankis and Hewitt cost me too much money. Just do the job. 6-1 set one and you relax. Now I suppose he'll do another 6-1 job in the third. Mental strength of a paper bag.
I think Hewitt's fire is probably on its last embers. His serve in particular is so attackable. Getting broken by Sam Groth three times is not good form. Gives us a clue as to where his game is though. As for Berankis, that is just a brainfart. Still quite young and inexperience though, and this kind of thing happens with more juvenile players. I just hope he can get the job done in the third. When it comes to losses, don't get too downbeat. Try to analyse why it lost and use the reasons why when considering future bets. We will all hit losing bets, almost every day - the trick is to learn the lessons as to why they lost and make sure the same mistake isn't repeated again so that the winners outweigh the losers.

I think Hewitt's fire is probably on its last embers. His serve in particular is so attackable. Getting broken by Sam Groth three times is not good form. Gives us a clue as to where his game is though. As for Berankis, that is just a brainfart. Still quite young and inexperience though, and this kind of thing happens with more juvenile players. I just hope he can get the job done in the third. When it comes to losses, don't get too downbeat. Try to analyse why it lost and use the reasons why when considering future bets. We will all hit losing bets, almost every day - the trick is to learn the lessons as to why they lost and make sure the same mistake isn't repeated again so that the winners outweigh the losers.
Yeah, it's a difficult time of year to predict. Five winners and a row and next thing you know, they'll be five losers in a row. I'll keep trying to weed out the value. I'm sure Berankis now that it matters to him will win that easily enough. No doubt another 6-1. Pff.