** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FA Cup > January 2nd - 5th

Aidymac

Re: FA Cup > January 2nd - 5th

About Aston Villa' date=' didnt Lambert say before last years FA Cup that he thought it was a unnessecary cup and "in the way" for Villa (or something similar) and thereafter they lost the match against at home against a lower league side (believe it was one of the Sheffield teams)?[/quote'] Yes - they lost 1-2 at home to Sheffield United this time last year - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25531827

Re: FA Cup > January 2nd - 5th Aston Villa Home Page:

Lambert has several injury and suspension problems affecting the likes of Ron Vlaar, Nathan Baker, Fabian Delph, Philippe Senderos and Libor Kozak. But he promises he will go as strong as possible for the tricky tie with former Blues boss Lee Clark's men, who currently lie at the foot of the Championship table. He said: "I think it's a good opportunity to get through. That's what we will try to do - we will go as strong as we possibly can to get through.

Re: FA Cup > January 2nd - 5th Couple of bets stand out in Arsenal vs Hull for me. Hull have been pretty patchy this season but a big away win at Sunderland and a home scalp against Everton make me think Steve Bruce's men are coming into this one at the right time. They took this competition seriously last year and suffered heartbreak at the hands of Arsenal in the final after arguably being the better side for much of that match. I think the motivation is there for Hull here. Arsenal are still in a tricky spot with injuries and form and I'm not sure what kind of side Wenger will get out. Walcott is slated to start (2.4 to score) and Akpom might finally get a go up front (2.2). Both represent decent goalscorer bets to me, both carry real threat in what could be an open game. Stand out for me though is Hull on a +2 handicap from Betfair at odds of a shade under evens. Whatever happens out there I don't think a rotated Arsenal are capable of winning by more than two clear goals here. Hull +2 - 1.9 (betfair) Akpom anytime - 2.2 Walcott anytime - 2.4

Re: FA Cup > January 2nd - 5th I also fancy Blackpool on a +2 against Villa at odds of 1.7, given that Villa seem incapable of scoring one goal let alone two in the same match. I think they've scored 13 all season? Havent followed Blackpool closely since the start of the season but I gather they've put together some results lately too? Any more advice appreciated. Blackpool +2 and Hull +2 could be worth putting together as a double.

Re: FA Cup > January 2nd - 5th Have a funny feeling Hull are going to cause an upset against Arsenal today. They are coming off a decent win against Everton, and if Wenger rotates to many Arsenal will take a while in getting started. In addition HULL will want revenge for last years final where Arsenal beat them coming from 2 goals down. At a price of 10 (betvictor) for the away win a 1 unit bet is in order.

I also fancy Blackpool on a +2 against Villa at odds of 1.7, given that Villa seem incapable of scoring one goal let alone two in the same match. I think they've scored 13 all season? Havent followed Blackpool closely since the start of the season but I gather they've put together some results lately too? Any more advice appreciated. Blackpool +2 and Hull +2 could be worth putting together as a double.
I think you have to take into account how bad Blackpool are. They are bottom of the Championship, and bottom of both Home and Away league tables. Villa are not that terrible. They just lack a goal scoring edge. With Benteke in the side they are more than capable. I feel that if an early goal goes in your bet is knackered. Gotta be better places to spend money, or just keep your powder dry

Well spotted. I placed the Palace HT/FT bet the other day and found the other two while looking today. The only way I can lose is if Palace don't win though' date=' which as a Dover fan suits me[/quote'] Not sure you'd win anything if Palace are 2 or more goals up at halftime but don't "win" the 2nd half though! :) (e.g. 3-0 at ht and finishes any of 3-0, 3-1 or 4-1 etc.)

Re: FA Cup > January 2nd - 5th Which websites are the best/most indepth for previews of the games today please? I usually just plug into the search engine "Dover vs Crystal Palace" for example and then hope for a redirection. Would like one to just head straight to. Looking at a possible hammering in the Stoke game today. Wrexham are poor its got to be said- with 3 goals conceded to Dartford and 1 to Non-league Maidstone United...Stoke are pretty solid generally AND in good form. Will they make lots of changes, Stoke fans? I have found Stoke to win (-3) on Sporting Bet @4.50 and that looks good to me main stake 4/10 Will also have a little nibble on 3-0 and 4-1 for protection 1/10 on each

Which websites are the best/most indepth for previews of the games today please? I usually just plug into the search engine "Dover vs Crystal Palace" for example and then hope for a redirection. Would like one to just head straight to. Looking at a possible hammering in the Stoke game today. Wrexham are poor its got to be said- with 3 goals conceded to Dartford and 1 to Non-league Maidstone United...Stoke are pretty solid generally AND in good form. Will they make lots of changes, Stoke fans? I have found Stoke to win (-3) on Sporting Bet @4.50 and that looks good to me main stake 4/10 Will also have a little nibble on 3-0 and 4-1 for protection 1/10 on each
You realise Wrexham are non league as well don't you? So nothing special about Maidstone being non league and Maidstone had beaten Stevenage in the previous round. To be honest that will have little bearing on the game today as all the pressure will be on Stoke. Southport are worse than Wrexham and they were so close to getting a replay at Derby. I was surprised to see west brom put 7 past Gateshead as I was looking at that game as being much closer but I guess the new manager syndrome kicked in. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Re: FA Cup > January 2nd - 5th Hello Addpea, Yes I realise they are Non-League too, I was putting their shite defence into perspective! It was to say if they can let 1 and 3 goals in to M.U and Dartford I don't think there's much hope for them at Stoke. Stoke under pressure? I don't really believe that there'll be much........4 nil i reckon. One for each league they are under lol

Sheffield Utd (5.0), Leeds (6.5), Blackpool (9.0), Ipswich (8.5),Yeovil (15.5) and Hull (9.8) could be some value on the basis of recent shots on target stats for both sides in their games. All are underdogs. Hull are at Arsenal in an all-Premier League game. The others are Championship or League One sides against Premier League ones. Watford are also shown as 'value' on my shots stats, but I am reluctant to back a lower division side at Chelsea, especially as I think Mourinho will be looking for a reaction after only getting 1 point from the last 2 games. QPR v Sheff Utd Sheff Utd +0.75 1.9 188Bet Sunderland v Leeds Leeds +1AH 1.92 Ladbrokes Aston Villa v Blackpool Blackpool +1.25 2.0 188Bet Southampton v Ipswich Ipswich +1AH 2.3 BetVictor Yeovil v Man Utd Yeovil +2AH 1.82 Marathon Arsenal v Hull Hull +1.5 1.92 188Bet Stake: 3 points on each Total stake: 18 points
Results: won, returns 5.7 void, returns 3.0 half won/half void, returns 4.5 won, returns 6.9 void, returns 3.0 lost Total stake: 18 points Total return: 23.1 points Profit/loss = +5.1 points

Re: FA Cup > January 2nd - 5th 4pts AFC Wimbledon vs Liverpool - Over 3.5 goals 13/10 Coral In theory this should be a comfortable match for the Premier League side and if they score early it will be but if Wimbledon can turn this into a battle Liverpool might not enjoy it as much. I still expect Liverpool to open up a fairly ordinary Wimbledon back line almost at will but Wimbledon will have their moments too so I am anticipating goals here and a fair few of them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/afc-wimbledon-vs-liverpool-betting-expect-to-see-some-goals-in-repeat-of-1988-final

Hello Addpea, Yes I realise they are Non-League too, I was putting their shite defence into perspective! It was to say if they can let 1 and 3 goals in to M.U and Dartford I don't think there's much hope for them at Stoke. Stoke under pressure? I don't really believe that there'll be much........4 nil i reckon. One for each league they are under lol
Told you what had gone before would have little bearing on the game today. Pressure is always on the team in the higher division as they are expected to win. It's very rare to see a conference side hammered by a premier league side nowadays and for me the palace and West brom heavy wins were down to new manager syndrome. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Told you what had gone before would have little bearing on the game today. Pressure is always on the team in the higher division as they are expected to win. It's very rare to see a conference side hammered by a premier league side nowadays and for me the palace and West brom heavy wins were down to new manager syndrome. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum
I don't think there is any point to back a Conference team against a Premier League team in the FA Cup. Apparently Wrexham today produced a top performance by Conference stardards and even took the lead 17 minutes from time, but somehow managed to loose the match by two goals. The line for the match was set at -2.00 Asian handicap so despite their top performance they could only draw the AH line. Yesterday in the match between West Brom and Gateshead the Asian handicap line was again set at -2.00. In Palace's match away to high-flying Dover the line was set at a generous -1.00 AH and the Eagles managed to cover it easily. I just don't see a point in backing the Conference teams at these prices. Derby won only 1-0 at home to Southport, but althought they are a very good team, they are not a Premier League team and started the match with only two regulars - the central defender pairing.

Re: FA Cup > January 2nd - 5th I was on Luton when they beat Norwich a couple of years ago as it had been clear in recent years that a conference side would beat a premier league side sooner rather than later. Crawley nearly getting a draw at old Trafford was further proof of that. Derby could be a premier league side next season and whatever side they put out shouldn't need an injury time penalty to beat a team like Southport who are a weakish conference side. The gap between the two in one off games is rarely as big as people think they are and like I said the West brom and palace wins were freak results down to new managers. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Re: FA Cup > January 2nd - 5th FA Cup : AFC Wimbledon- Liverpool Not many shocks in the FA Cup so far, we could, I suppose, see one today, but I am more interested in this game from a stats perspective. The visitors have won just five away games this season and have scored exactly three goals in four of them, at Tottenham, QPR, Leicester and AFC Bournemouth. They conceded in three of those and the last three were much tougher games than they look with regard to the bare result and at least two could have gone the other way. Nothing has come easily for the Reds this season and the hosts could make things very difficult for them this evening in the tiny confines of the Kingsmeadow stadium.The home side will give this a real go and might well score, but eventually the visitors class should tell, but I do feel that again, they might need, or at least want to get to feel safe, those three goals, only one of the 12 scored in the previous four wins came before the 21st minute and eight were scored after the break and the "over" 2.5 goal line for Liverpool , which is currently quoted at circa 1.90, might well trade significantly higher "in running". It is also worth noting that the Dons have scored 65% of home goals before the break and perhaps more importantly conceded over 73% of all goals after the half time breather. This is the main televised fixture, shown live on national television and all markets will be traded "in play".

Re: FA Cup > January 2nd - 5th For me today Spurs are a good bet. Burnley are today rest some player´s for the first time after 7 unchanged Games. For me that´s stands for A: good Form from the Starting XI and B: for not enough quality from the rest of the players. Spurs are much better in the squad deep. Also Burnley today missing Captain and CD Shackell after he´s subsituted by an injury in last game. His replaced player Long are also injured in the same game. So 2 Central Defenders are today missing. On Spurs side are missing Bentaleb (Africa Cup) and Lamela. Both i think was not in the starting XI when they will be available. Also i think "on Fire" Player Kane becomes a break. So as Striker you have Soldado. For the Spurs a Rotaion Player, in other teams are important Striker. So you can see, deepness in the squad from the Spurs are there. Also they are for me the fitest Club in the whole Premier League. So little bit Stake minus, because Burnley played good at the White Hart Lane last Game and it´s an Home Game for Burnley. Tottenham @ 1.95 2/10 bet365

Re: FA Cup > January 2nd - 5th I see many changes in Tottenham squad and not any changes at Burnley squad as I checked their previous PL games' squads !!! Burnley have almost the same squad 1-2 different players on the other side Tottenham have lots of changes including main goalkeeper Lloris !!! I'm not reall sure how this will turn out to be .. but I see that almost the same squad Burnley gave Tottenham a hard time and lost the game vs. Tottenham full squad 2-1 at Tottenham's ground in a a Prem. League game !! So maybe a tie ????

I see many changes in Tottenham squad and not any changes at Burnley squad as I checked their previous PL games' squads !!! Burnley have almost the same squad 1-2 different players on the other side Tottenham have lots of changes including main goalkeeper Lloris !!! I'm not reall sure how this will turn out to be .. but I see that almost the same squad Burnley gave Tottenham a hard time and lost the game vs. Tottenham full squad 2-1 at Tottenham's ground in a a Prem. League game !! So maybe a tie ????
Think about reserves motivation.. motivation, bro.

Think about reserves motivation.. motivation' date=' bro.[/quote'] Either way I played 2 different slips with one tottenham win .. the other one draw to guarantee my sleep .. hoping the other 2 games in the slip goes well :)) I still do not trust this tottenham side ... I've watched those so called subs and seen their motivation in Europa Liga game ... we saw how they were against Besiktas !!! They cannot be trusted that's for sure !!!

Re: FA Cup > January 2nd - 5th 3pts West Ham to beat Everton 29/10 Boylesports It isn’t ideal that West Ham will be without Sakho but they still have goal threats in Andy Carroll and Enner Valencia so I still think they are worth taking in this match. I’ve no idea what’s happened at Everton but they look a pale shadow of the side they were last season and we’ve seen nothing in their recent matches to suggest things are about to change so I’ll go with the value in West Ham here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/everton-vs-west-ham-betting-west-ham-can-pile-more-misery-on-martinez-s-men

For me today Spurs are a good bet. Burnley are today rest some player´s for the first time after 7 unchanged Games. For me that´s stands for A: good Form from the Starting XI and B: for not enough quality from the rest of the players. Spurs are much better in the squad deep. Also Burnley today missing Captain and CD Shackell after he´s subsituted by an injury in last game. His replaced player Long are also injured in the same game. So 2 Central Defenders are today missing. On Spurs side are missing Bentaleb (Africa Cup) and Lamela. Both i think was not in the starting XI when they will be available. Also i think "on Fire" Player Kane becomes a break. So as Striker you have Soldado. For the Spurs a Rotaion Player, in other teams are important Striker. So you can see, deepness in the squad from the Spurs are there. Also they are for me the fitest Club in the whole Premier League. So little bit Stake minus, because Burnley played good at the White Hart Lane last Game and it´s an Home Game for Burnley. Tottenham @ 1.95 2/10 bet365
FT 1:1 :wall