** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Southampton v Everton > Saturday December 20th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Southampton v Everton (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.26[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Southampton v Everton > Saturday December 20th Southampton V Everton Everton +0.25 @ 1.84 Matchbook > 5% BR Price has come in a bit for Everton but they still offer some value here in my opinion as the away side simply should not be available on such a big line in this particular situation. We talk about momentum in football but I feel Everton will start to pickup now as they do not have to play in the Europa league again till February. Roberto Martinez side has been inconsistent in the EPL thus far and their Thursday-Sunday rota has not helped. Despite this we must still look upon Everton as a quality side whose ambitions of a top 6 finish are more realistic than Southampton’s. Everton have a squad full of players who have proved they can really perform at this level consistently over a much larger sample size than some of Southampton’s current key players. Looking at Southampton we can see their form has dropped off massively in recent games and this is due to a number of factors including having to play a higher standard of opposition than earlier in the campaign. The absence of Schneiderlin has really hurt them and he will once again miss out for the Everton game as he is suspended along with fellow key midfielder Victor Wanyama. The absence of these two key central midfield players is a massive blow to Southampton as they are just so vital to the integrity of the team. Everton’s key central midfielder James McCarthy is rated 50/50 for this match so he may return to the bench after being out injured. Everton have indeed missed his presence in the central median but Gareth Barry and Muhamed Besic performed well together against QPR and that will surely boost team confidence. Speaking of confidence Everton manager Roberto Martinez spoke of something special building in the dressing room this week and I feel this ties in with the premise that Everton’s momentum is starting to build while Southampton’s is clearly dropping off sharply. Southampton manager Ronald Koeman cast a forlorn figure in their recent EPL match at Burnley and you just get the feeling that the vibe just isn’t that great at Southampton currently. When you look at the two sides strategically there really isn’t that much between them, both tend to play similar systems based on ball retention and attacking full-backs, fairly standard in the current climate. I don’t see a huge systemic advantage for either side and really I would expect both sides to be valued around the +0 line as a result. Everton will be without attacking winger Kevin Mirallas for this game and although they will loose something going forward from his absence, they will perhaps gain something defensively. Aiden McGeady and Steven Naismith tend to provide better defensive coverage than Mirallas and this will help Everton to nullify Southampton’s threat from wide areas when Clyne and Bertrand push up the park. Generally speaking you want to see a player like Steven Naismith in this kind of game as he has many attributes which are suited to playing away from home. Going forward Everton still have players of great threat such as Romelu Lukaku, Samuel Eto’o and of course Ross Barkley, these types of players can score out of nowhere and as a result you can pickup results even when the team is not playing at its peak. All things considered Everton should be available on the +0 line, to get them on the +0.25 line is in my view a pricing error. I believe taking Everton on the +0.25 line in this situation offers some long term value so I will back them here and see what happens.

Re: Southampton v Everton > Saturday December 20th Bah, beaten to it by the fine preview above..:lol I'm betting the same as mentioned. Injuries and suspensions are starting to take their toll on Southampton, having fallen out of the top four, Koeman faces his first test as a Premier League manager to stem the bleeding with important members of his side out. Jack Cork is ruled out for two months, Morgan Schneiderlin, Florin Gardos and Wanyama are all suspended for the Blues' visit. Tadic is knackered and not looked the same player in recent weeks, Pelle only returned to training today but will probably play. Mirallas is a big miss for Everton but Barry is back and Barkley can play further forward. Looks a fair price and while earlier in the season there were some good prices to be had on Southampton based on them being underrated we might just be heading the other way now. Everton +0.25AH - 1.85 - bet365 - 4 Points

Re: Southampton v Everton > Saturday December 20th This is by far one of the best bets this weekend even if it fails. Got Everton this afternoon around 3.25 what looks to me as pure value. I was shocked to see the opening odds around 3.75. Hate myself for missing the early train but the price still is great. Fatigue is a huge problem for the home side. They started this season in a terrific way and even held the 3th spot in the table but like every year the "smaller" clubs can't keep it up. With a few injury casualties they fall apart unfortunately. Same thing with Southampton and it even gets worse now. Their entire midfield is out for this clash which is a massive blow. Key striker Pelle is a big doubt while Jay is definitely out. Pelle's form dropped and without the creativity behind him of Tadic and Schneiderlin I expect him to sink like a ship. Defensively they are still a decent side but I just don't think they can handle Everton's pressure for the whole 90 minutes. Everton know this is the time to face Southampton and they certainly have the abbility and players to do so. If you just look at stats this one is a game to skip pre-game cause Everton are far from convincing away from home but with a full week rest and a good game against QPR in their bag they will bring home 3 points tomorrow afternoon. I expect the odds to drop even more so I'm happy with the price I got and I fully expect Everton to be the dominant side. Southampton No goal is priced around 3.50 which is interesting giving the fact they only scored one goal in their last 5. I took that one too for some stakes cause like I wrote earlier Pelle needs balls in the box, he's not a player who can create something for himself. I think the home side will be happy with a point here and that's the way they are gonna approach this game. Everton smells blood and will seek for a first half goal for sure. I must admit Southampton deserved more in a few games lately but they still end up loosing it. Confidence can't be great anymore and Ronald Koeman is already complaining about a thin squad etc. The DNB line is safer but I consider this as a rare chance so I'm taking the risky bet. Medium stakes on the away win and a few stakes on everton to keep a cleansheet. Goodluck boys!

Re: Southampton v Everton > Saturday December 20th After the midweek loss to the blades in a cup QF, confidence will be at an all time low. Injuries further complicate things and without a midweek game, MArtinez & co. will be licking their lips at the prospect of 3 points. The home side are already thin and with to me they have looked knackered. Despite playing well, the Saints are very prone to lapses and errors and when we combine ALL these factors, it is excellent value for the away win. It is time Lukaku gets on the scoresheet as well. Everto -1 is the play here. Lukaku to score @ 3.3??

Re: Southampton v Everton > Saturday December 20th Everton with just 2 away wins (against WBA and Burnley) Saints have not lost a 1st half at home with 5 draws and 3 wins. They have conceded just 1 1st half goal in 8 games. They will be desperate to not lose this game because Everton are direct competitors for an Europa League Spot. I really don't see a high scoring game here. The 1-1 draw is priced at 7 bet365 but for me the HT 0-0 FT 1-1 correct score which is 17 to 1 paddypower is worth 1 unit

Re: Southampton v Everton > Saturday December 20th I can see where you coming from neil but I really disagree here. Yes, if we purely look at stats you would say a draw is more likely than an away win but there are many important factors today that demolish that Insight. Southampton is on a terrible run lately, confidence is low, their coach is complaining about a thin squad, players are tired cause they are walking on their toes for many weeks now playing better than everyone expected but that takes a lot of energy. I really think their bad run continues here. They are heavily weakened today especially in midfield which is a key element in your team. There will be a lot more pressure on their defense than normally and if often has a negative affect on the other players in your team when u miss 4-5 key players. I just don't see Southampton scoring easily here so that only leaves Everton to nick one in. This game is atleast a 50-50 under currect circumstances so anything around 3.00 odds is a pure gift no matter the outcome of the game imo. Goodluck anyways!

Re: Southampton v Everton > Saturday December 20th Like Neilovan I also see a 1-1, maybe 0-0. I think a draw is te likely result and there will be few goals. Saints are on a bad run at the moment and will not want to lose again. Everton are more of a home team and have had a few loses on the road recently and I think will also be fairly happy for a draw. All in all I see a cagey affair with it finishing stalemate. 1-1 @ 7.4 0-0@ 11.5

Re: Southampton v Everton > Saturday December 20th

Bah, beaten to it by the fine preview above..:lol I'm betting the same as mentioned. Injuries and suspensions are starting to take their toll on Southampton, having fallen out of the top four, Koeman faces his first test as a Premier League manager to stem the bleeding with important members of his side out. Jack Cork is ruled out for two months, Morgan Schneiderlin, Florin Gardos and Wanyama are all suspended for the Blues' visit. Tadic is knackered and not looked the same player in recent weeks, Pelle only returned to training today but will probably play. Mirallas is a big miss for Everton but Barry is back and Barkley can play further forward. Looks a fair price and while earlier in the season there were some good prices to be had on Southampton based on them being underrated we might just be heading the other way now. Everton +0.25AH - 1.85 - bet365 - 4 Points
Everton totally outplayed by all accounts, team news was good - performance wasn't.