** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

SPOTY 2014

Re: SPOTY 2014 Preview: 3pts J.Pavey to finish 3rd 13/8 Ladbrokes One woman who exceeded all expectations in 2014 was Jo Pavey. Many thought she was just making up the numbers in the Commonwealth Games 5,000m but she surprised everyone by winning bronze at the age of 40. She then went even better than that in the 10,000m at the European Championships a couple of weeks later when she won a historic gold medal defying all odds and I expect her to go very well in the voting for this award. I don’t see Pavey having enough to beat the two runaway favourites but to me her overachieving coupled with her actual achievements makes her look the third best in the field and with all the hoo-hah over a lack of women in the final running for this award last year it probably does her no harm that she is female and when the 3-2-1 envelopes are opened up for the main award on Sunday I expect Pavey’s name to be concealed in the third place envelope. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sports-personality-of-the-year-betting-jo-pavey-can-be-the-best-without-the-main-two

Re: SPOTY 2014 Shrewd call Kev excellent :clap Didn't have a bet in this put shocked gutted McIlroy didn't win it doesn't seem right at all, he wins two majors in a year what's a guy got to win this, win three majors in a year!!! ...he probably will in his career but still no guarantee he will win SPOTY absolute joke imo.

Re: SPOTY 2014 Cheers Ted :ok. McIlroy's failure to win says more about what the award has become as opposed to his actual achievements. The award is basically now a glorified popularity contest but even then it beggars belief that the UK public would vote a tax exile who beat only his best mate over a true sporting genius who had one of the best year's of all time.

Re: SPOTY 2014

Cheers Ted :ok. McIlroy's failure to win says more about what the award has become as opposed to his actual achievements. The award is basically now a glorified popularity contest but even then it beggars belief that the UK public would vote a tax exile who beat only his best mate over a true sporting genius who had one of the best year's of all time.
"true sporting genius who had one of the best year's of all time" :)