** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Australian Open 2015

Re: Australian Open 2015

Up and down. Up and down. Some good shouts here though :ok. Back G.Dimitrov/M.Baghdatis - Over 3.5 sets for a 8/10 stake at 1.83 with Paddy Power Baghdatis surprisingly good against Goffin, Dimitrov surprisingly average against Lacko, that should equal to a long match here. Dimitrov the obvious favourite, but he's not going to win in straight sets if Baghdatis turns up. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dimitrov-vs-baghdatis-betting-a-long-match-should-be-on-the-cards-for-dimitrov-and-baghdatis-in-melbourne
I suggest this Over for professional bettors For me, is Baghdatis win @4.50 offered by BET365 I watched the match against Goffin. Baghdatis game is electric and chaotic at the same time. The electricity "touch" the audience without any doubt. The chaotic character however, pushing him to lose easy points by doing silly mistakes. I also beleive that Grigor does not look in top form. UN upset is on my cards 1 POINT stake. Dont be mad. Most probable outcome is 3-1 for Dimitrov, remember, is the chaotic factor, but, the electric factor would drive this to a 5 setter thriller and Bagh win 3-2 ciao!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest this Over for professional bettors For me, is Baghdatis win @4.50 offered by BET365 I watched the match against Goffin. Baghdatis game is electric and chaotic at the same time. The electricity "touch" the audience without any doubt. The chaotic character however, pushing him to lose easy points by doing silly mistakes. I also beleive that Grigor does not look in top form. UN upset is on my cards 1 POINT stake. Dont be mad. Most probable outcome is 3-1 for Dimitrov, remember, is the chaotic factor, but, the electric factor would drive this to a 5 setter thriller and Bagh win 3-2 ciao!
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Baghdatis also benefits from the Greek Australians in the crowd, of which there are many. This is probably worth a few games to him. If Marcos can harness that, he should take at least one set, perhaps more.

Back Lucie Hradecka to beat Julia Goerges for a 7/10 stake at 2.92 with Pinnacle Goerges looks way too short around the 1.50 mark. Hradecka has done little wrong so far in Melbourne and I just can't trust Goerges after the mini-choke against Koukalova, so I'll go with the big price in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hradecka-vs-goerges-betting-lucie-hradecka-to-continue-her-dream-run-tomorrow
Fully agree with you here Czech. Goerges is playing well alright, but she's been very poor for much of the last two years. Hradecka has to be the value bet here.

Re: Australian Open 2015 Roger Federer (-8.5 games) to beat Andreas Seppi @ 1.980 Pinnacle Seppi has done well to get to this round, but it's hard to make a case for him going any further. His record against Federer is poor and he played five sets in the first round and if fatigue is starting to accumulate then that makes his task all the more difficult. Federer has been easing himself into the tournament during the first two rounds and should be looking to step up his game with the first week drawing to a close. I think the Swiss will win this in straight sets and I don't think Seppi really has the game to keep this close and so I like the game line here. Maria Sharapova (-6.5 games) to beat Zarina Diyas @ 2.000 Pinnacle Sharapova had a big scare against Panova in the last round, but having found a way to come through it you would expect her to redouble her efforts and focus on putting in a good performance here. Diyas dropped the opening set in both of her previous matches in this tournament and a similar slow start against Sharapova could put this match beyond her.

CzechPunter, First time post! Was wondering what your thoughts were on Anderson v Gasquet? I thought Gasquet is the much better player and has a good H2H record. Odds of 1/2. What do you think?
Based on what I saw from Anderson in Auckland, Gasquet should win. Would be happy to back him around 1.70, 1.50 is too short in my view, his head is still an issue for me.

Re: Australian Open 2015 Malek Jaziri vs Nick Kyrgios over 34.5 games 4/5 paddy power over 3.5 sets 11/10 paddy power Kyrgios to win 3-1 7/2 paddy power Kyrgios looks like he has got the fans behind him and seems to play his best tennis under the weight of expectations so i fancy him to win this His previous matches he has lost a set so i think it will happen again Dudi Sela vs Rafael Nadal over 31.5 games evens paddy power In his previous match he seem to have injured himself so maybe he is not fully fit so he might be on top form so his opponent can take advantage of this and win set off him but knowing Nadal he should recover and win in four sets Sara Errani vs Yanina Wickmayer over 21.5 games evens paddy power This should be a great match as these two are not on top form so there is not much between and will go either way so expect a lot of breaks of serve Eugenie Bouchard vs Caroline Garcia over 19.5 games 8/11 paddy power Bouchard is favourite to win this but her opponent is a very talented player and it wont be easy she is obviously playing well so Bouchard should be in for a tough match I think she will win two and one set maybe tight Zarina Diyas vs Maria Sharapova over 18.5 games 10/11 paddy power I fancy Sharapova to win but she may make it hard for herself again like in her last match so i think one of these sets will be close as her opponent has done well to get this far

Re: Australian Open 2015 Becoming a bit of a torture now, but I'll hang on. Five for me tomorrow actually. Back Coco Vandeweghe (-2.5) to beat Madison Brengle for a 8/10 stake at 1.95 with Pinnacle Vandeweghe crushed Stosur surprisingly easily and I think that she'll have no problems against Brengle either. She's just a bad match-up for Brengle with her big serve and the H2H record shows that as well, so I can't see an upset in this one really. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/vandeweghe-vs-brengle-betting-coco-vandeweghe-to-cover-the-handicap-line-against-madison-brengle

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back S.Johnson/K.Nishikori - Over 32.5 games for a 8/10 stake at 1.89 with Pinnacle Nishikori looked really average against Dodig yesterday, should've gone to five sets that one. Johnson has been good so far and he played a reasonably tight match against Kei a few weeks ago, so I fancy this line to be covered more often than not. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/johnson-vs-nishikori-betting-steve-johnson-can-hang-in-there-for-a-while-against-nishikori

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back J.Nieminen/S.Wawrinka - Over 32.5 games for a 8/10 stake at 1.93 with Unibet I didn't like Wawrinka's performance against Copil at all, he should feel lucky to have won in three. Nieminen has more skills and experience, so I think that he'll give Wawrinka a good fight tomorrow. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nieminen-vs-wawrinka-betting-a-tough-match-might-be-on-the-cards-for-the-defending-champion

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back M.Keys/P.Kvitova - Over 20.5 games for a 8/10 stake at 2.00 with Pinnacle Two big hitters in good form, so this should have some mileage. Kvitova went unpunished for her blips against Hogenkamp and Barthel, but Keys should be better than them in the tight spots and take this to the distance. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/keys-vs-kvitova-betting-the-match-between-two-big-hitters-should-have-some-mileage

Re: Australian Open 2015 leading 42 and retired....haha, oh come on man, give me a break up there!!! Eden Silva to beat Shiho Akita (Sharm el Sheikh 10k)@2.62, bet365, 5/10 Silva is enjoying a nice luittle run, while Akita is trying to come back to her ex top300 ranking. Silva has dispatched two opponents int he previous rounds, by a score of 1,1 and 2,2, while Akita already almost lost in the first round when Stephenson was up a set and 51 when she got injured (how bad is that), then beat an ailing Rosatello so imo thats really nothing special. Silva has the potential to beat her easily and at thsi price its a must take! GL Aleksandra Naydenova to beat Katherina Lehnert (Sharm el Sheikh 10k)@1.83, bet365, 5/10 Lehnert beat Naydenova in 3 sets last week, Naydenova clearly beaing the more experienced player, I think this is a great revenge spot imo as Naydenova does have much more match routine and results than Lehnert. This is a pure revenge spot playwith Naydenova being the better player imo. GL Sandra Samir to beat Dejana Radanovic (El Kantaoui 10k)@1.83, bet365, 5/10 Samir once again for me, although I think I have lost couple of times with her, I think she has never beaten two good opponents in a row, so that must be a sign of growing up, rising to the occasion. Radanovic had some nice win in the past but hard court is not her favourite (neither is Samir's but she has been playing on it for quite some time). My bet is based on samirs win over Pacquet, who is a very solid 409 ranked player who just was in the quarters of a 25k in India at teh end of last week.I believe this is Samirs biggest win of her career and she will build on it today! Radanovic is decent but definitely beatable! GL

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Fernando Verdasco (+2.5 sets) to beat Novak Djokovic for a 6/10 stake at 3.62 with Pinnacle Not very likely, but the odds make it worth a punt in my opinion. Verdasco has never been the best match-up for Djokovic and I believe that he can still play some vintage stuff against the big guys, so I'm happy to take this at a price this big. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/verdasco-vs-djokovic-betting-fernando-verdasco-looks-value-to-steal-a-set-off-the-world-s-number-one

Murray v Dimitrov - thoughts on betting strategies? Murray v Dimitrov match is scheduled for Sunday(time not known yet). I am looking at trading the match on Betfair, but in terms of pre-match punts, what are your thoughts? I think Dimitrov will start better than Murray and hopefully Murray will make a come back for some greening :)

Re: Murray v Dimitrov - thoughts on betting strategies?

Murray v Dimitrov match is scheduled for Sunday(time not known yet). I am looking at trading the match on Betfair, but in terms of pre-match punts, what are your thoughts? I think Dimitrov will start better than Murray and hopefully Murray will make a come back for some greening :)
Not sure about that at all - for one, Dimitrov started poorly today, while Murray was incisive from the get-go. I can see the Scot winning very comfortably actually if he plays like he did today.

Re: Australian Open 2015 Milos Raonic minus 5.5 verses Becker at 4-6 with 888sports. Becker lost the first 2 sets against Hewitt 6-1 and 6-2 before Hewitt blew it really (granted Becker’s game improved as the match went on). I don’t expect Raonic to be quite as charitable here. Raonic only beatMarchenko by 5 games and Young by 7 but it’s getting serious now and I expecthim to raise his game here. Becker makes too many unforced errors from the back of the court so I can't quite see him manage to keep this match to 3 tight sets. He’s too inconsistent not to lose at least one set 6-1 or 6-2 for me and even if he doesn’t , I can still see Raonic covering the handicap because I’d be verysurprised if Becker makes much in-roads on Raonic’s serve or if he managed totake 2 of the sets to tie-breaks. Even if he won a set, I wouldn’t lose hope of the handicap being covered though it would be worrying I guess. I wouldn’t advise big stakes but it seems like the stand out handicap bet of tonight’s action to me J

Becoming a bit of a torture now, but I'll hang on. Five for me tomorrow actually. Back Coco Vandeweghe (-2.5) to beat Madison Brengle for a 8/10 stake at 1.95 with Pinnacle Vandeweghe crushed Stosur surprisingly easily and I think that she'll have no problems against Brengle either. She's just a bad match-up for Brengle with her big serve and the H2H record shows that as well, so I can't see an upset in this one really.
Really like this bet Czech. Tempted by the -4.5 but best not to be too greedy. A few good bets tonight I like the look of... Raonic vs Becker under 35.5 games @1.83 sporting bet(7/10) Johnson vs Nishikori over 32.5 games @1.92 Pinnacle(5/10) Should be an straight sets win for Raonic tonight + Johnson can keep it tight vs KN + see the line being beat in close 3 or 4 sets. Good Luck all

Anyone knows what happened to the odd between Vasek Pospisil and Garcia-Lopez? Pospisil was orignially priced as the favoriate around 1.53 yesterday but now the Garcia-Lopez becomes the favorite with only 1.57 @ bet365. Is there any physical problem for Pospisil?
In the last round against Lorenzi, Pospisil received treatment for a back or hip injury (I am not too certain which exactly) He also recently resigned from doubles in relation to that. We will just have to see how that affects the outcome of his next match.

Re: Australian Open 2015 Feliciano Lopez vs Jerzy Janowicz over 41.5 games 4/5 paddy power 5 sets 12/5 skybet This has got five sets written all over it as they seem to play a lot these tight matches They wont be many breaks of serve so this could last a long time maybe fours Vacek Pospisil vs Guillermo Garcia Lopez over 40.5 games 8/11 paddy power 5 sets 2/1 skybet Two tough opponents here and so evenly matched the you cant pick a winner so dont expect a straight sets match more like four or five sets it could be an absolute classic

Re: Australian Open 2015 Steve Johnson (+2.5 sets) to beat Kei Nishikori @ 2.179 Pinnacle Steve Johnson (+7 games) to beat Kei Nishikori @ 1.970 Pinnacle Johnson should have plenty of gas left in the tank after two straight sets wins so far, whilst Nishikori had a tougher match than he probably expected in the last round against Dodig and so I think the American can cause the Japanese some problems. He looks quite strong on serve at the moment which should give him a chance of nicking a set and keeping this close. Elina Svitolina (+1.5 sets) to beat Serena Williams @ 4.180 Pinnacle Elina Svitolina (+6.5 games) to beat Serena Williams @ 2.050 Pinnacle It took Williams some time to get into her last match against Zvonareva, and if she starts slowly here then I think Svitolina just might be able to push this to three sets. The Ukrainian got through the first two rounds without too much fuss, and she has enough talent to give Williams something to think about if she plays to her potential.

Re: Australian Open 2015 Dinitrov to beat Murray @3.50 offered by bet365. I extremely fancy Grigor in this tournament. He already reached top form, and his performance against Baghdatis was astronomical in last two sets. Very very strong first serve, massive forehand, and an excellent backhand which looks highly improved this year! Grigor was looking equal to Djokovic in my eyes in last two sets He should beat ANY, and i expect him to continue his amazing game tomorrow against Murray Time has arrived for Grigor, to take Federer's place in the circuit. For me the final will be : Djokovic/ Dimitrov Important note: Tip is NOT against Murray, Tip is only favouring Dimitrov to beat Murray. The Scot looks excellent too. ciao!

Re: Australian Open 2015 Vandeweghe completely flopped for some reason, she was nowhere near her level from the Stosur match. Back Tomas Berdych (-4.5) to beat Bernard Tomic for a 8/10 stake at 1.85 with Unibet Berdych in cruise control so far and I can't see that changing tomorrow. Tomic is talented, but I'd say that Berdych is much better than him at the moment. Can see Tomic winning a tight set, but not more. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/berdych-vs-tomic-betting-tomas-berdych-to-get-yet-another-grand-slam-win-against-bernard-tomic

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Rafael Nadal (-5) to beat Kevin Anderson for a 8/10 stake at 1.88 with Pinnacle Nadal should be fine here in my opinion, Anderson is just way too one-dimensional and tends to go missing in the key moments whenever he's up against a big name. Unless health problems resurface for Rafa, he should be able to win with ease. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nadal-vs-anderson-betting-rafael-nadal-to-outplay-kevin-anderson-in-melbourne

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Andy Murray (-5) to beat Grigor Dimitrov for a 8/10 stake at 1.81 with Pinnacle The price for Dimitrov might look attractive, but I don't fancy his chances at all. He had problems against Lacko and he had problems against Baghdatis - and what's with all those shoes changes? Murray looks determined and in-form, so I expect him to get his revenge for that Wimbledon fiasco. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murray-vs-dimitrov-betting-andy-murray-should-have-no-problems-against-the-bulgarian-tomorrow

Re: Australian Open 2015 Back Yanina Wickmayer (+1.5 sets) to beat Simona Halep for a 5/10 stake at 3.20 with Paddy Power Back Yanina Wickmayer to beat Simona Halep for a 2/10 stake at 9.05 with Pinnacle Wickmayer is my underdog pick for tomorrow. If she plays like she did against Errani, she should have a chance of getting something tangible from this one. Moreover, I haven't really been impressed by Halep so far (although, considering my recent picks, I might've as well been hallucinating). Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wickmayer-vs-halep-betting-yanina-wickmayer-could-provide-the-big-upset-on-sunday

Re: Australian Open 2015 Irina-Camelia Begu (+1.5 sets) to beat Eugenie Bouchard @ 2.770 Pinnacle Irina-Camelia Begu (+6 games) to beat Eugenie Bouchard @ 1.862 Pinnacle Bouchard has looked pretty good so far and there's little doubt she is in some good form, but I don't think Begu is without a chance here. The Romanian has backed up her surprise win over Kerber in the first round with two routine wins to make the last 16, which suggests that she is playing well. If she could beat Kerber I don't see why she can't at least stay competitive against Bouchard, and so the set and game lines appeal.