** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Liverpool v FC Basel > Tuesday December 9th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Liverpool v FC Basel (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.91 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Liverpool v FC Basel > Tuesday December 9th 4pts Both teams to score 4/5 Ladbrokes There are shades of that night against Olympiakos from a few years ago about this match which I’m sure Steven Gerrard will be reminding his teammates ahead of the game. The key to this match is whether Liverpool can keep the door shut. If they can then given the necessity of the occasion I would expect them to find the back of the net but the defence will be under pressure to keep Basel out. I’m not sure they’ll succeed so I like the look of both teams to score here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/liverpool-vs-basel-betting-both-sides-can-score-in-anfield-showdown

Re: Liverpool v FC Basel > Tuesday December 9th Basle have only conceded the two goals in their last four Champions League matches, and will just need a draw to qualify to the next round. I expect them to sit back and defend in numbers and only break on the counter. Sunderland played similar tactics on Saturday and I can see Basle doing the exact same. Liverpool were mediocre in their dull 0-0 draw with Sunderland and failed to carve out any clear cut chances. They look a very average team with out Suarez and I can see Basle getting the point they need to go through. My tip: Draw @14/5 with Paddy Power.

Re: Liverpool v FC Basel > Tuesday December 9th

4pts Both teams to score 4/5 Ladbrokes There are shades of that night against Olympiakos from a few years ago about this match which I’m sure Steven Gerrard will be reminding his teammates ahead of the game.
More than a few years unfortunately Kevshat, it's a decade to the night in fact!! Sent from my HTC One using PL Forum

Re: Liverpool v FC Basel > Tuesday December 9th LIVERPOOL – BASEL Liverpool to Win at 1.76 @ Marathonbet A small “final” for both teams is the match of “Anfield”, for the last week of the group stage. Liverpool needs only the win for the qualification at the Top-16, whereas Basel “locks” the qualification even with a draw. The team of Brendan Rodgers runs a series of 1 win, 1 draw and 3 defeats at the first five games and does not convince with its performances at this season as a whole. Basel, on the other hand, counts two (home) wins and three defeats at its first five games. I think that the crucial factor at this fixture will be the “weight” of the shirt and the historical background of Liverpool. The Reds know that a qualification at Top-16 will have a very positive impact at their psychology and I think that will reach the win at the end.

Re: Liverpool v FC Basel > Tuesday December 9th I could imagine a tight game with Basel defending resolutely. If Liverpool aren't winning late in the game, they will be more and more vulnerable. But if Liverpool and their crowd get going, and they get an early lead, it could be a memorable Liverpool win. Hard to call, but if anything I think the value is opposing Liverpool at current odds of 1.8 ish

Re: Liverpool v FC Basel > Tuesday December 9th I just hope Brendan finally realized how bad of a player Sterling is and leave him on a bench or get rid of him forever. He ruins every well built up action Coutinho creates. I am aware how much money he gets but he is bad investment. Until that happens I am not putting money on Liverpool although I think they'll win tonight just because they are a big club with tradition playing on home.

Re: Liverpool v FC Basel > Tuesday December 9th Liverpool is not doing well in Premier and I don't see why would something change for the Champions League. They are not the team they used to be and that game against Olympiacos is a long time ago. They haven't won since the first game of the group and that was a 3 points they should be ashamed of! On the other hand Basel is a team that's getting better and better every year and they impressed me with the passionate football they played against Real Madrid last round. If they appear like that today and if they manage to handle the stress they have every time they play away i'm sure they can make it. Let's not forget that even a draw is enough for them. Draw or Basel to win @ 2.12 Marathonbet

Re: Liverpool v FC Basel > Tuesday December 9th Liverpool to win american -140. Sterling is the key player for this game. I have to disagree with the earlier post about his quality. Sterling in my opinion is most effective roaming the middle of the park allowing the forward(s) to pull of the back shoulder of the center back. He provides nothing from the wing and is quickly burning out. Rodgers is cooked if they lost tonight so i think they will get it done in the second half via a set piece. Basel have only struggled in recent times with crosses with pace(zonal marking)

Re: Liverpool v FC Basel > Tuesday December 9th Lads let us not romanticize. It is time we see the facts for what they are. The heady days of Liverpool CL winning season a decade ago are very very very different from today. They had a better and tactically astute manager back then (though many might disagree now). Back then they had Xabi and Torres in red hot form. Gerrard was at the peak of his powers. Right now I m fairly certain Crystal Palace would do better in a do-or-die scenario. This Liverpool side has no world class players. Who among the players do you folks expect to see in Bayern/Madrid/Barca in the future?? Who will score the goals for Liverpool? How do they propose to break down a dogged and patient opponent who doesn't need to win?? Brendan Rodgers is way too naive even for Premier League/Championship let alone in Europe. He will rouse the Reds to attack like there is no tomorrow with war-cries. Poor blokes will pour forward and get thumped. Basel win to nil Basel to score 2 or more Streller to score anytime. Streller First goal scorer.

Re: Liverpool v FC Basel > Tuesday December 9th A lot will depend on Basel's approach here. They attacked in Madrid, and by all accounts could of scored 3 or 4. However at home to Madrid they sat back until they went behind. They could well go for a crucial away goal early. However if they watched Liverpool's toothless displays of late, they may be confident of being able to defend. Since Lucas has come back in, Liverpool have looked even worse going forward, if more solid defensively. It took them over an hour to have an attempt on target on Sat against Sunderland, and that was from Lucas. Lambert looked very leggy in that game, and at 32 will struggle with the sudden burst of matches. I personnally don't think this Basel team are up to much, but such is Liverpool's form, they could well have enough about them to get it done tonight. I'm thinking they sit in here first half. Rodgers has said that they don't need to win it in the first ten minutes. So I can see this being tense and tight for the first hour, and then as Liverpool have to push for a winner, they could be vulnerable to the counter. Therefore I will go with Draw HT Basel FT @12.0 for 1pt on Betfair. Will also wait for the Basel lineup with a view to backing whoever is marking Sterling to be carded. Nearly everything goes through him, and Basel will know if they can stop him they will have a great chance to get through.

Re: Liverpool v FC Basel > Tuesday December 9th Not a single penny on this side of Liverpool guys Liverpoolians are looking poor and as in lost in space Basel knows very well how to behave in English fields BASEL X2 DOUBLE CHANCE @ fabulus 1.95 offered by bet365 really really generous! Cant wait to see it! 10 points

Not a single penny on this side of Liverpool guys Liverpoolians are looking poor and as in lost in space Basel knows very well how to behave in English fields BASEL X2 DOUBLE CHANCE @ fabulus 1.95 offered by bet365 really really generous! Cant wait to see it! 10 points
Shame, I fancied Basel until this.

Re: Liverpool v FC Basel > Tuesday December 9th Basel draw no bet at 3.5 is really good value I feel. Liverpool are playing really bad right now and not creating chances or scoring. Basel are a slick and well organised side. There away form seems good also winning their last 3 games 3-0, 2-1 and 4-0. Combine that with a loss of only 0-1 at home to a full strength Real Madrid team that night. I think this could be an embarrassing evening for Liverpool, but worse case I think Basel will get the draw they require hence the bet.

Basle have only conceded the two goals in their last four Champions League matches, and will just need a draw to qualify to the next round. I expect them to sit back and defend in numbers and only break on the counter. Sunderland played similar tactics on Saturday and I can see Basle doing the exact same. Liverpool were mediocre in their dull 0-0 draw with Sunderland and failed to carve out any clear cut chances. They look a very average team with out Suarez and I can see Basle getting the point they need to go through. My tip: Draw @14/5 with Paddy Power.
Boom!! PuntersLuck does it again with another cracking winner and a decent price it was too. Hope some of ye were on :) Well donr kevshat on the btts :)