** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FC Porto v Shakhtar Donetsk > Wednesday December 10th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Porto v Shakhtar Donetsk (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.88[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: FC Porto v Shakhtar Donetsk > Wednesday December 10th Possible value on shaktar here. Group already decided but the thing is Porto plays Benfica in the game of the year this weekend while shaktar has an easy home game. Normally I would be on Porto but the odds are high for a quality away side like shaktar. They rarely loose in the cl and have huge offensive powers with Adriano as topscorer of this cl year. Could easily see this ending in a draw or a away win. Both teams probably care less so I'll try the bigger odds. Quality difference is small and like I said, I expect Porto to rest half of their team. I'll take shaktar early on the +0.5 line cause I expect the odds to drop as soon as the line-ups are confirmed. Medium stakes and small stakes on the away win! Goodluck

Re: FC Porto v Shakhtar Donetsk > Wednesday December 10th Confirmed, that are two blows for their team but Adriano's replacement did very well last game and they have plenty of firepower in their squad to find the net. Porto is also without their regular goalke Fabiano, one of their best players lately Brahimi is out too aswell as Danilo one of their best defenders. Casemiro is also out regular midfielder so all in all I don't think team news is that bad for Shaktar. I'm confident shaktar can take something here and the odds are great.

Re: FC Porto v Shakhtar Donetsk > Wednesday December 10th I agree. Porto has a very important fixture against Benfica in the weekend. So most of their top players will be rested. For Shakhtar it is the last fixture this year because Ukrainian champioship takes a pause till spring. So they will field the best available players.

Re: FC Porto v Shakhtar Donetsk > Wednesday December 10th A word of caution, the same thing was spoken about last nights Benfica fixture, and they really cramped Bayer who was hopping to top the group with a win. Despite the fact that there might be some rotation I still cant expect a top-tier team to fail, just because they have a tough match 5 days from now. Their last match showed that Porto are a notch above Shaktar in every sense, despite the fact that they salvaged a point very late in the game, they were the dominating side in that match. Perhaps they will want a win in the last group-stage match too boost their confidence before that "very important" match as was stated. Shaktar is very solid away but they failed to produce anything note-worthy vs. serious opposition away from home, and today from what I've read Top scorer Luiz Adriano and the captain are out of the combination for the match. Nothing tragic but it will show surely. I would also expect some of Porto's fringe players to show their quality as they have a lot of talented players. Over all im not even smelling Shaktar tonight, and will probably bet against them, just need to find decent value in the markets.

Re: FC Porto v Shakhtar Donetsk > Wednesday December 10th Porto has been rotating the team every single match. Im a Porto fan, and the biggest concern we feel about Lopetegui is the fact that is taking so long to define the starting 11. At this time Porto has 6-7 regulars, in which 5 of them might not play today: danilo, casemiro and brahimi definitely out, martinez and tello maybe on bench. My prediction is goals. Over 2.5 2.10 and over 2.75 2.48. GL

Re: FC Porto v Shakhtar Donetsk > Wednesday December 10th true that the game doesnt change anything for both, but both coaches assured that they will give 100% in this game. and maybe value is on shakhtar, i would still like a home win for porto here. both teams resting some key players: shakhtar will miss two defenders Kucher and Srna and a striker luiz adriano. porto has four changes: gk fabiano, d danilo, casemiro and brahimi. so seems like pretty close game but home advantage, good record against shakhtar and the last but (maybe) not the least - possibility to match the best score (96/97 season) record with 16 points finished in the group of CL, will give porto slight advantage and an extra motivation boost for porto fringe players. small stakes on home win.