** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

AS Roma v Manchester City > Wednesday December 10th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AS Roma v Manchester City (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.74[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: AS Roma v Manchester City > Wednesday December 10th 3pts Roma to beat Man City 6/4 William Hill This is a massive game for Man City and I want to take them to finally silence the doubters and qualify for the knockout stages but it is hard to ignore that injury list they are carrying and because of that I have to take Roma here. Roma looked a decent enough side at the Etihad and have the players going forward to cause City problems. The Italian side have enough of an advantage to be overpriced at 6/4. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/roma-vs-man-city-betting-man-city-may-come-up-short-in-bid-to-advance

Re: AS Roma v Manchester City > Wednesday December 10th http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/12/09/manchester-city-grapples-injury-list-roma-clash Well it's all about City's injury list for this one. Augero, Kompany, Toure and Silva are the best 4 players in the side and also the central spine of the side. Devastating considering City's reputation for being flaky in Europe and poor travelers. Whoscored.com predicts Nasri in a number 10 role behind Dzeko and this is nowhere near the usual attacking firepower we usually associate with City. Also reports Jovetic is injured? The site also has a central defensive pairing of Demichelis and Mangala. We all know what Kompany means to this side and Totti and co will be looking at these two error machines and licking their lips. Rudi Garcia has brought in plenty of depth in the summer in preparation for Europe. He pretty much has 2 capable players in every position. At the weekend Roma drew 2-2 with Sassuolo at the Olimpico. However several players were rested and understandably the players minds could have been on the English. Still, 0-2 down and with De Rossi shown a red in the 50' minute, they still managed to score twice and take a 2-2 result with Ljajic netting twice. Prior to that match Roma's home record was 7-0-0 For 18 Against 2. They have Totti, Gervinho, Iturbe, Destro, Florenzi all vying for a front 3 spot while they have some really decent midfielders in Nainggolan, De Rossi, Pjanic, Seydou Keita and Strootman. One area in this match where City will have it all over Roma is the keeper department. De Sanctis is a fraud and I don't understand why Roma paid money to get him from Napoli? Hart is a good enough keeper and he'll need to be as that Mangala (and De Michelis to a lesser extent) can really cause some managerial heart attacks. I've taken Roma +0 @ Matchbook 1.81 as they still qualify with a low scoring draw. But considering the horrifying injury list of the visitors, I fully expect them to go for the win and not expose themselves to any surprises. With the players available, and knowing how Roma are at home it's hard to picture them losing this. Also Kompany is City's Totti. The figure the team rallies behind and plays for. Without him, who will be their leader to drag them through the hard moments in the match? Nasri? :lol Totti is being used as Mr Champions League this season it seems. He has so much class he can score, assist and create danger out of nothing. A really valuable weapon I expect to make a mark here. City-tweet.jpg81e0f680-48f7-11e4-_778088c.jpgFrancesco-Totti-140930-AfterScoring-R-300.jpg

Re: AS Roma v Manchester City > Wednesday December 10th I think 0:0 should be considered here. Price is up to 15.00 decimal in Coral. We've seen Roma being cautious and parking the bus numerous times in previous CL games. This is the most important game of the season for both teams, and they will both look to keep things tight at the back. 0:0 is a good result for Roma, so I don't see why Garcia should take any risks and go all gunz blazing. City without Yaya and Agüero will be very predictable. I couldn't see them scoring against Everton without Agüero and I cannot see them scoring tomorrow either. I think correct score 0:0 should be backed for a unit with 15.00 odds!

Re: AS Roma v Manchester City > Wednesday December 10th

I think 0:0 should be considered here. Price is up to 15.00 decimal in Coral. We've seen Roma being cautious and parking the bus numerous times in previous CL games. This is the most important game of the season for both teams, and they will both look to keep things tight at the back. 0:0 is a good result for Roma, so I don't see why Garcia should take any risks and go all gunz blazing. City without Yaya and Agüero will be very predictable. I couldn't see them scoring against Everton without Agüero and I cannot see them scoring tomorrow either. I think correct score 0:0 should be backed for a unit with 15.00 odds!
Definitely this won't finish 0-0. It will be a surprise if CSKA Moscow will win away at Bayern so that means the battle for 2nd place will take place in Rome. Man City is not a team to play for a goalless draw. I'm sure they will go to Rome looking to attack and with their injury list we should see goals. Roma somehow managed to draw coming from 0-2 down, with 10 men, to finish 2-2 against Sassuolo. With so much at stake here I think there will be some cards and I'm waiting for the cards market on bet365.

Definitely this won't finish 0-0. It will be a surprise if CSKA Moscow will win away at Bayern so that means the battle for 2nd place will take place in Rome. Man City is not a team to play for a goalless draw. I'm sure they will go to Rome looking to attack and with their injury list we should see goals.
Of course they won't play for a goalless draw and of course they will go to Rome to attack, but will they score? There's a good chance they won't. And at 15.00 odds I'm willing to take that chance. I doubt that Roma will score either, they've shown miserable attacking display lately especially in games against Bayern, CSKA and Napoli. Of course they will score against Sassuolo and all the other weaker Serie A teams, but today they will face a top BPL side, a side that has top defenders and manager, a side that kept Bayern at 0:0 for 90 minutes, and I doubt that the big game chokers like Gervinho or Destro are able to make it rain tomorrow. Especially when 0:0 is enough to go through. If there won't be an early goal, if the scores at half time are 0:0, what do you think Garcia will tell his men? That they should go attack? That they should risk City getting a goal and then they'd have to score 2? Nope. They will defend and they will park the biggest bus since CL final 2012.

Of course they won't play for a goalless draw and of course they will go to Rome to attack' date=' but will they score? There's a good chance they won't. And at 15.00 odds I'm willing to take that chance. I doubt that Roma will score either, they've shown miserable attacking display lately especially in games against Bayern, CSKA and Napoli. Of course they will score against Sassuolo and all the other weaker Serie A teams, but today they will face a top BPL side, a side that has top defenders and manager, a side that kept Bayern at 0:0 for 90 minutes, and I doubt that the big game chokers like Gervinho or Destro are able to make it rain tomorrow. Especially when 0:0 is enough to go through. If there won't be an early goal, if the scores at half time are 0:0, what do you think Garcia will tell his men? That they should go attack? That they should risk City getting a goal and then they'd have to score 2? Nope. They will defend and they will park the biggest bus since CL final 2012.[/quote'] Well it's more about City needing to score. Not Roma's perceived inability to "make it rain". Kompany is out. How can you feel secure whenever Kompany is out? Especially away in Champions League? City will attack from the start as will Roma. Garcia said he will come at City already and this approach is only logical as playing for 0-0 leaves them vulnerable to a late sucker punch. If you fancy 0-0 I'd try the Juve Atletico match where both teams will ease into the 16 with a draw. Not a sudden death showdown for 2nd place where the heavily depleted away side MUST win in a very hostile atmosphere. A further reason... Morgan De Sanctis :D But if it's purely a value play, power to you :ok 2014%2f12%2fAgueroManCity-focus.jpg

Re: AS Roma v Manchester City > Wednesday December 10th I'd like to back Roma here but I can't trust a team that got beat 7-1 at home. I also think that even with their absentees, on paper, City have as good if not a better team than the home side. But City are so poor in the CL, and I'm struggling to see them scoring, so it's one I can't call.

Re: AS Roma v Manchester City > Wednesday December 10th Not a single cent on Roma Italian league is getting boring and boring. Matches are almost equal no matter who plays. The quality of the teams is questionable. Roma is NOT good. This is 100% fact City without any doubt is a class above AT THE MOMENT The City's injury list includes heavy material, thats the reason i go to the safest option of double chance instead of the straight away win MAN CITY X2 DOUBLE CHANCE @1.55 offered by bet365 10 points

Not a single cent on Roma Italian league is getting boring and boring. Matches are almost equal no matter who plays. The quality of the teams is questionable. Roma is NOT good. This is 100% fact City without any doubt is a class above AT THE MOMENT The City's injury list includes heavy material, thats the reason i go to the safest option of double chance instead of the straight away win MAN CITY X2 DOUBLE CHANCE @1.55 offered by bet365 10 points
If City are a class above, how did Roma win at the City of Manchester Stadium?

They didn't Sent from my D2303 using PL Forum
Sorry, meant to say draw.. CSKA won in Manchester. City's league form and Champions League form are two completely different animals, City are simply not a Champions League club and I know a lot of their supporters would rather win the league than win the champions league... They were giving Buy 1 Get 1 Free tickets for their home games, their fans couldn't care less about the champions league and that is reflected in the teams' performances. I'd fancy Roma to Qualify anyways, especially with no Aguero.

Re: AS Roma v Manchester City > Wednesday December 10th Even with all these players on the pitch I wouldn't trust city in europe. They keep failing bigtime every year. I do agree aguero is a huge blow, same for Kompany if he's out. Let alone Toure and Silva too is a dissaster. Their whole spine got ripped out. Can't see how they will cope with a hostile atmosphere in Rome against a side who is eager to impress after their horrible display against Bayern. Besides all that, Roma is deadly upfront with Totti and Gervinho, even Destro is a solid striker. Their squad is pretty wide nowadays so plenty of choices for Garcia. I really feel this will be an open game of football and a great game to watch. Not totally sure that Roma will win this one but Roma over 1.5 team goals is highly likely for me. City always concedes goals in the CL and this is a tough fixture imo! Over 2.5 goals is likely for me cause I can't exclude a city goal too. Saw roma this weekend and their defense looked slow and aphatic. A few changes will be made now and all regulars will start so I expect Roma to turn up infront of their fanatic and loyal crowd. 3-1 is my call!

Re: AS Roma v Manchester City > Wednesday December 10th So who are the confirmed ones not playing? Yaya Toure Sergio Aguero Vincent Kompany David Silva Correct? Very small chance for City to score even 1 goal now. Against such big opponents, they always have, for example, Aguero scoring from near post or from the sides via tight spaces, or from Yaya Toure's long shots. The loss of David Silva indeed has impact greatly on the team. Without Kompany, the defense really can crumble real badly. I have not much concerns with Demichelis but I simply cannot trust Mangala at all. His performance really doesn't deserve that amount of money used to purchase him. What has he done? Yellow card, red card? Own goals? Given their squad, with Dzeko and Jovetic both not at 100% fitness, Navas shooting blanks, we might see Lampard or Milner the likely scorers, should they even manage to score 1 goal.

So who are the confirmed ones not playing? Yaya Toure Sergio Aguero Vincent Kompany David Silva Correct? Very small chance for City to score even 1 goal now.
Toure suspended, Augero out 6 weeks. Silva back from weeks out with a knee injury but Pellegrini quoted as saying it would be foolish to risk further aggravating a delicate injury like that and having a player like Siva ruled out for an even longer period. So it comes down to Kompany. He was spotted training with the team. He holds the whole defence together. Komapny did his hamstring in the away win to Southampton and it's reported he's struggling with the injury and faces a late fitness test. Again, if he plays he risks tearing the hamstring and City's title challenge goes bye bye. New boys Mangala in central defence and Fernando in holding midfield are players that Roma can really get at and aggravate into fouling them. These two haven't fully acclimatised to the team yet and have already made big errors in matches. If only Roma had a seasoned veteran in the final third who was wiley as a fox and could capitalise on this situation...

Toure suspended' date=' Augero out 6 weeks. Silva back from weeks out with a knee injury but Pellegrini quoted as saying it would be foolish to risk further aggravating a delicate injury like that and having a player like Siva ruled out for an even longer period.[/quote'] So we can expect a not-so-strong-team Pellegrini going to play against Roma, even though technically the team is solid on paper but on field, some individual players really cannot make it I have serious doubts Pellegrini will play Kompany for this Roma game, unfortunately. Unless he want to risk Kompany, given that the next 4 EPL matches are against weak teams (but, as I checked their next 4 opponents, they are desperate teams with barely any wins) This 2 will be the weakest link in fact from what I see. Just an own goal from Mangala or some yellow cards flying between both will do. I foresee these 2 to sit on bench, loaned out or offload coming the Summer transfer window. Indeed

Given their squad, with Dzeko and Jovetic both not at 100% fitness, Navas shooting blanks, we might see Lampard or Milner the likely scorers, should they even manage to score 1 goal.
Exactly. That's why City team goals under 1.5@1,71 is a great bet for 5/10 stakes in marathonbet

Re: AS Roma v Manchester City > Wednesday December 10th 'On paper' CSKA should lose in Munich. So from that Roma need to win, as they wont be playing for a 0-0 ? A score draw progresses City should CSKA lose in Munich. Should CSKA manage a draw in Munich, any type of draw for Roma is good.

Re: AS Roma v Manchester City > Wednesday December 10th Taken from another forum

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2188023.html
  • Roma will be through with a win, or a draw if CSKA draw with Bayern. If CSKA lose, Roma would be through with a goalless draw but out with a score draw.
  • CSKA, to finish second, must win and hope Roma do not beat City.

• City must win and hope CSKA do not, or get a score draw and hope CSKA lose. If they lose they are definitely out of Europe altogether.

Exactly. That's why City team goals under 1.5@1' date='71 is a great bet for 5/10 stakes in marathonbet[/quote'] Is this referring to total goals? Its complicated. If CSKA Moskva loses, Roma will be through even with a 0-0 goalless draw. Therefore, the best solution -- Roma just win will do

Will be crazy for Roma looking for a 0-0 draw. Imagine if Man City score at the 80th min' date=' then Roma will have to score 2 goals in 10 mins.[/quote'] Thats why. I am pretty sure, this match won't end in a draw, given City's weak link at the central defense.