** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Sri Lanka vs England - ODI Series

kevshat

Sri Lanka and England do battle in a ridiculously long 7 match ODI series on Wednesday which isn't helped at all by it being the rainy season in Sri Lanka so even with the World Cup on the horizon how much interest and indeed how much cricket we'll get remains to be seen. All 7 matches are live on Sky and 5 of the 7 games have a reserve day which is something at least. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Wed Nov 26 (50 ovs) 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 09:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st ODI - Sri Lanka v England (Reserve Day) R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 04.png 23 - 27° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sat Nov 29 (50 ovs) 04:30 GMT | 10:00 local 04:30 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd ODI - Sri Lanka v England (Reserve Day) R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 38.png 23 - 30° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Wed Dec 3 (50 ovs) 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 09:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd ODI - Sri Lanka v England (Reserve Day) Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Sooriyawewa, Hambantota [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Dec 7 (50 ovs) 04:30 GMT | 10:00 local 04:30 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 4th ODI - Sri Lanka v England R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Wed Dec 10 (50 ovs) 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 09:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 5th ODI - Sri Lanka v England (Reserve Day) Pallekele International Cricket Stadium [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sat Dec 13 (50 ovs) 04:30 GMT | 10:00 local 04:30 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 6th ODI - Sri Lanka v England (Reserve Day) Pallekele International Cricket Stadium [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Tue Dec 16 (50 ovs) 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 09:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 7th ODI - Sri Lanka v England R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Sri Lanka vs England - ODI Series ODI Series preview: 3pts M.Ali Top England Series Batsman 5/1 Boylesports All the indications are that Moeen Ali will open the batting for England in this series and he has already shown a statement of intent when he clubbed a half century in the warm up match. He would have been on the shortlist even if he batted down the order because of his ability to play spin, something English players struggle with in this format of the game but the fact he is opening the batting makes him an even more attractive proposition so I’ll take the Worcestershire man in this series. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-england-odi-series-betting-moeen-ali-can-lead-the-run-scoring-for-england

Re: Sri Lanka vs England - ODI Series Top SL Series Batsman preview: 2pts A.Mathews Top Sri Lanka Series Batsman 9/2 Betfred One man who should play most of these ODIs by virtue of the fact he is Sri Lanka’s captain is Angelo Mathews and as luck would have it he goes into the series in excellent form after a strong tour of India with the bat if not with his leadership. Mathews has a huge century and four other scores of 75 or more from his last eight ODIs so he is the form man in this line up and looks the value in the field. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-england-odi-series-betting-angelo-mathews-can-fill-his-boots-in-another-odi-series

Re: Sri Lanka vs England - ODI Series 1st ODI preview: 4pts England Most 6s 11/8 William Hill I doubt I’m going to get involved in the results of many of the matches in this series given the nature of the weather and that any play we do get will be heavily toss biased but one area where I think England will dominate in this series is in the six hitting and I’m prepared to take them in that. We’ve just seen this Sri Lanka attack carted all around India and England are supposedly going to adopt a more aggressive style according to new batting coach Mark Ramprakash. Sri Lanka don’t hit many sixes at the best of times so there is no way England should be outsiders in this market. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-england-1st-odi-betting-england-can-clobber-the-most-sixes-in-colombo

Re: Sri Lanka vs England - ODI Series 2nd ODI preview: 4pts Over 7.5 sixes 5/6 Spreadex Moving across a couple of pitches for this match should lead to a short boundary down one side. The boundary size wasn’t an issue in the opening match of the series as both sides cleared them comfortably and at will but with the short boundary in play now I would expect to see plenty more balls sailing over the ropes in this second match of the series. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-england-2nd-odi-betting-more-sixes-can-flow-in-colombo

Re: Sri Lanka vs England - ODI Series 3rd ODI preview: 4pts A.Cook Under 26.5 runs 17/20 Betway A theme of this series so far has been the struggles of Alastair Cook with the bat and the pressure is only going to increase more and more on England’s captain. He clearly doesn’t enjoy these conditions and is batting like a man with the weight of the world’s worries on his shoulders. Nothing is going to have changed on that front since the last game so his run line of 26.5 looks a few too high. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-england-3rd-odi-betting-alastair-cook-s-struggles-can-continue-in-hambantota

Re: Sri Lanka vs England - ODI Series 4th ODI preview: 4pts England Most 6s 11/10 Bet365 England have hit the most sixes in two of the three matches in this series and the one they didn’t they didn’t hit a six at all but they look to be more confident against spin at the minute and I would expect them to hit the most sixes here, especially with Alastair Cook missing. Sri Lanka don’t hit many sixes whereas England will have hitters all the way down so the 11/10 on England most sixes looks good here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-england-4th-odi-betting-england-can-hit-the-most-sixes-again-in-colombo

Re: Sri Lanka vs England - ODI Series Unlucky again Crouchie :( 5th ODI preview: 4pts England Most 6s 10/11 BetVictor A theme of this series has been England hitting the most sixes and I’ve seen nothing to suggest that won’t continue here. There may not be as many sixes in this match as we’ve become accustomed to these days but the majority of the ones that there are should go in England’s favour and even at 10/11 England to hit the most sixes looks a perfectly acceptable bet to me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-england-5th-odi-betting-england-can-continue-to-hit-the-most-sixes-in-kandy

Re: Sri Lanka vs England - ODI Series Words can't begin to tell describe how much I seem to be doing this lately. :wall I followed you on Ross Fisher in the Nedbank too. I like to think I was the reason Willett got home! But well done on the most sixes bet Kev, that was a great call. Tempted to follow suit but with Cook back in I'll go a different way. 1pt Dilshan Top Sri Lankan Batsman @ 4.50 Most Places 0.75pts Dilshan MOTM @ 11 Unibet Aside from game 1 vs England where he scored 88 and got MOTM, Dilshan has been pretty poor of late with an underwhelming series against India. However, he should gain a lot of confidence by returning to Pallekele where he has no less than 5 hundreds, an 86 and 4 MOTM awards in 11 ODIs. He also has 2 50's and a century in 7 T20I games at this venue so clearly a ground that he loves to bat on.

Re: Sri Lanka vs England - ODI Series 6th ODI preview: 6pts Under 7.5 sixes 5/6 William Hill England surprised most people when they pulled off a good run chase in the last game but I wouldn’t be confident of it happening twice on these wickets but with the draw likely to be a huge factor here I’m not interested in taking Sri Lanka at the prices. One bet I do like though is under 7.5 sixes. I’ve no idea where this line comes from because we didn’t even get half that many in the first game here and I’ve no doubt the wicket on Saturday will be even slower and lower. Sri Lanka don’t contribute many sixes anyway and I don’t see England hitting many unless Moeen Ali goes mental. The line looks too high to me though. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-england-6th-odi-betting-sixes-may-be-low-in-supply-in-penultimate-odi

Re: Sri Lanka vs England - ODI Series Well done on the sixes bet Kev. Better late than never! This game is again at Pallekele, so everything from last time is repeated, including the odds. 1pt Dilshan Top Sri Lankan Batsman @ 4.50 Most Places 0.75pts Dilshan MOTM @ 11 Unibet In Pallekele Dilshan has no less than 5 hundreds, an 86 and 4 MOTM awards in 12 ODIs. He also has 2 50's and a century in 7 T20I games at this venue so clearly a ground that he loves to bat on.

Re: Sri Lanka vs England - ODI Series Final ODI preview: 4pts K.Sangakkara's Performance Pts - 52&Over 5/6 Bet365 I’m not a fan of betting on the match market on dead rubbers so one bet I’ll take is Kumar Sangakkara’s performance. So far in the series at Colombo Sangakkara has made up totals of 62, 92 and 106 and he has just come off of an absolute masterclass in Pallekele. If the reports are to be believed then this could be Sangakkara’s last ODI on home soil so I’m sure he’ll be looking to go out with a bang and a total of 52 is well in his reach. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-england-7th-odi-betting-kumar-sangakkara-can-close-the-series-in-style

Re: Sri Lanka vs England - ODI Series

Have the 365 player performance markets been up all series Kev? I haven't seen a single one all series' date=' but I suspect it might be because they aren't being offered here in Aus. Keen to know if they are though, as I would have been all over them.[/quote'] I could be wrong but I don't think they've been up for every game. I expect they didn't price up for some matches because the forecast was dire. Surprised they've gone up for this match given that there is no reserve day here. Hopefully Sanga covers before any rain arrives if indeed rain does arrive.