Announcements
** Poker League Results : July: 1st McG, 2nd Rhino_Power, 3rd Elliott Sutcliffe; August: 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd Rivrd **
** August Naps Competition Result: 1st LEE-GRAYS, 2nd Gary66, 3rd LeMale, 4th RUG. KO Cup Winner DONNYFLYER. Most Winners TVY: **

Australia vs India - Test Series

kevshat

Australia's only Test series of the winter begins next week and with The Ashes getting ever nearer attention will start to turn to that. These two play a four match series which is long enough to be useful for betting purposes. Sky have the coverage in the UK. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Thu Dec 4 - Mon Dec 8 00:00 GMT | 10:00 local 00:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st Test - Australia v India Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Dec 12 - Tue Dec 16 00:00 GMT | 10:30 local 00:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd Test - Australia v India Adelaide Oval [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Dec 26 - Tue Dec 30 23:30 GMT (prev day) | 10:30 local 23:30 GMT -1d [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd Test - Australia v India Melbourne Cricket Ground [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sat Jan 3 - Wed Jan 7 23:30 GMT (prev day) | 10:30 local 23:30 GMT -1d [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 4th Test - Australia v India Sydney Cricket Ground [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Australia vs India - Test Series Series preview: 2pts Australia to win 3-0 4/1 Paddy Power 1pt Australia to win 2-0 15/2 Stan James In many ways this is a tough series to bet on because of the emotion that is sure to be involved in it. With the best will in the world you would think Australia will struggle to be at their best in the opening match and while they’ll be determined not to lose Adelaide is a high scoring ground so they might not be able to force a win. History suggests India will struggle to win the game so splitting the correct score market into a 2-0 win and a 3-0 win for Australia could be the way to go. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-india-test-series-betting-correct-scores-could-be-the-way-to-go-in-this-series

Re: Australia vs India - Test Series Series top bat previews: 2pts S.Smith Top Australia Series Batsman 9/2 Ladbrokes One man who has been in good form for a while and who plays spin well is Steve Smith and at 9/2 he’s a fair price to top score in this series. He is almost certain to play all four matches and if Clarke does miss any of the series he will probably move up the order a bit too which helps. In four innings in the UAE he made two half centuries and he ended the recent ODI series with South Africa with scores of 73*, 104 and 67 so that form should be converted into big runs in this series. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-india-test-series-betting-steve-smith-looks-good-value-to-top-score-in-the-series 2pts M.Vijay Top India Series Batsman 11/2 Unibet Murali Vijay went very well in England earlier in the year and he has runs in South Africa too so he doesn’t mind the faster pace with the bounce, unlike some of his colleagues. He will have faced this Australian attack in the Indian Premier League so there will be no surprises for him so I think he might do well in this series. If he does he is an attractive price and having top scored in England he’s value to repeat that here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-india-test-series-betting-murali-vijay-can-repeat-his-heroics-from-england-here

Re: Australia vs India - Test Series 1st Test preview: 4pts R.Sharma to beat S.Dhawan (1st Inns Only) Evs William Hill I don’t really want to get involved in the match betting before the off here not only because it is an excellent batting wicket but because nobody really knows what the emotions will be like so instead I’ll stick to a bet involving Indians only. Shikhar Dhawan has never convinced me outside of India and he only has 10 and a first ball duck in two warm up innings for this series. He has been matched against Rohit Sharma in the first innings and Sharma is a man I like overseas. He has something about him and a good technique for the moving ball so he can win that match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-india-1st-test-betting-rohit-sharma-can-outscore-dhawan-in-first-knock

Re: Australia vs India - Test Series With the emotion involved in this series, i fancy throwing a 50 on Clarke to be Australias Top Series Batsman @ 4.50 Titanbet. Feel he has something to prove and he'll be on his game. Quite emotional at the funeral and i get a sense that he may play some decent cricket.

Re: Australia vs India - Test Series The emotion in this match has me wary too but there's a few bets out there that look value to me and given that it will be a good batting wicket I'm willing to take the punt. 2.5pts Steve Smith Player Performance Over 87.5pts @ 1.88 BetEasy Smith has been in fantastic form lately and can quite easily cover this line in one innings. However, what has me taking this bet is his bowling ability. He has a reputation for being a bit of a wicket taker and can easily jag a wicket or two which can reduce this total nicely (he's taken a wicket in his last 5 fielding innings, though most of these were on turning pitches). Catches too are always a possibility and when you add the potential for points from the field with the great form he is in then I think Over is the right side to be on (co-incidentally, you can no longer bet on under anyway). 1pt Virat Kohli to score a 1st innings century @ 7 Unibet Kohli got his maiden test century at the Adelaide Oval and a century in his final ODI series before arriving here suggests he is in good nick. How Australia perform is of course a bit of an unknown but given it is a good batting wicket here I'm generally happy enough to have my money on India batting well. Statistically speaking he has 5 centuries in 29 1st innings so even on a pure numbers game there's a bit of value here. 1pt Rohit Sharma to score a 1st innings century @ 9.50 Unibet Like Kev I think Sharma has the game to succeed on overseas tours and his double century against Sri Lanka in the ODI series again suggests a player in good form. For mine Sharma will be comfortable with the extra bounce in the Australian wickets and at the odds on offer I feel no #6 should ever be this price to score a test century in the 1st innings at Adelaide Oval. 0.75pts Michael Clarke MOTM @ 11 TAB Clarke has a strong record at the Adelaide Oval and against India. He scored 210 against India the last time he faced them at Adelaide Oval and when fit and in form is Australia's best batsman. Whilst both of those things are in question here, I am taking a chance with the emotional factor of this game affecting Clarke in a positive manner. He's obviously be at the focus of the Hughes tragedy and it has been well documented how close the pair were. Whilst this could have Clarke off his game he is generally a mentally strong player and so I'm taking a chance here that it resolves him to put in a performance to honour his fallen friend.

Re: Australia vs India - Test Series

With the emotion involved in this series, i fancy throwing a 50 on Clarke to be Australias Top Series Batsman @ 4.50 Titanbet. Feel he has something to prove and he'll be on his game. Quite emotional at the funeral and i get a sense that he may play some decent cricket.
He gone! Out with back problems.

Re: Australia vs India - Test Series Yeah Warner has MOM sewn up now you would think. Another crossbar you've hit there Crouchy mate. I hope the 30 odd runs he made after he was bowled off the no ball doesn't cost me the Steve Smith outright when the series is done :eyes.

Wow' date=' still 5/4 on the draw. Obviously Johnson and Lyon could run wild but more than happy to take 5/4 on there being nowhere near enough time for Australia to take the 10 wickets required.[/quote'] I'm amazed the draw started as short as 5/4 today. That's effectively saying India would save this match four times in every nine when in reality I would say it is more two out of nine at best and even that might be generous. 98 overs, a new ball to start and another one with 18 overs left in the day, a wicket spinning all over the place and a lengthy Indian tail all in Australia's favour. It would be a huge surprise to me if India save this game but for the sake of my correct score bets I hope they can pull it off :hope.

Re: Australia vs India - Test Series I'm waiting on news of team line ups before finalizing selections for this one but there's one I'm keen to jump on right now. 2.5pts Virat Kohli to outscore Shane Watson in 2nd test @ 1.83 Bet365 Shane Watson looks to be in poor form with the bat and is struggling for timing. Whilst a player can always turn it around Watson's record of 5 tests at the Gabba for no fifties doesn't suggest this is the place to do it and even if he can find some form, Kohli was so imperious in Adelaide that even if he needs a big score to win this one he's half a chance. Once more, there's more chance of India batting twice than Australia, and if Australia do bat twice Watson might be asked to give away his wicket for some quick runs. For the absolute life of me cannot figure out this match up. It's pretty much India's in form batsman vs Australia's most out of form batsman (2nd most out of form if you think Rogers is travelling worse).

Re: Australia vs India - Test Series Superb first test match. If the last three are as exciting as that I won't be getting much sleep :lol. 2nd Test preview: 4pts M.Johnson Over 2.5 1st Inns wickets 5/6 Paddy Power Mitchell Johnson has a wonderful record on this ground with two nine wicket hauls in the past and I expect him to go well here too. He will lead the attack alone now with Ryan Harris not involved in this match and I don’t see Nathan Lyon being as much of a factor on this wicket so the 5/6 that Johnson takes more than 2.5 wickets in the first innings looks a perfectly good play to me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-india-2nd-test-betting-mitchell-johnson-can-enjoy-life-in-brisbane

Re: Australia vs India - Test Series 0.75pts Josh Hazlewood MOTM @ 19 Unibet 0.75pts Mitch Starc MOTM @ 17 Bet365 0.75pts Mitch Johnson MOTM @ 8 Bet365 I'm expecting India will struggle much more on this pitch with the extra pace and bounce and I can see our seamers doing the damage. Johnson's reputation needs no real explanation and he has a strong record here. Starc is inconsistent but can get wickets if he gets it swinging and with most Indian batsman being right handed both the left armers will look to swing the ball back into the batsman and then claim the wicket with the one that goes across. On Hazlewood he is a debutant but both Cummins and Pattinson have won MOTM honours on test debut. If he can get the ball swinging and pitching on a good line he can definitely do some damage and as the recent ODI series against South Africa showed he can take a lot of wickets.

Re: Australia vs India - Test Series 2.5pts Shane Watson Player Performance Over 99.5pts @ 1.88 BetEasy 0.75pts Shane Watson MOTM @ 17 Ladbrokes Watson has a strong record at the MCG with 1 ton and 4 fifties in his past 7 innings here (3 of the fifties were 80 or higher). Though he's frankly not in good enough form with the bat to clear this line as a pure batsman, the absence of Mitchell Marsh and the way Watto bowled in the 2nd test gives me confidence of a combination win. Though he got just 1 wicket at the Gabba he bowled very well and Nathan Lyon summed it up when he said Watson could have bowled a lot worse and got a five for. When you consider Watson also fields at slip I think you can also count on him for a catch or two. Even something relatively tame like 2 catches, 2 wickets and a typical Watson 40 would see this line home and none of those stats would be considered extreme, so if he has a really good game in one facet he's very likely to clear it. Also, it's by and large a game with a lot less meaning than the other two, which is perfect for Watson as he rarely performs under pressure but often succeeds when it's not really required. PS. if you like your money you probably shouldn't follow my MOTM tips. 1pt Steve Smith to score 1st Inns Century @ 5 Unibet Smith is in great form and I feel the MCG will suit him well as he's a good runner between the wickets and the long boundaries will ensure plenty of 2s will be available. India look relatively helpless bowling to him and the fact his only dismissal for less than 100 was a run out only underlines this point. A century is obviously no easy task but when you consider the golden run of form Smith has been in of late and how much India are struggling here, it's hard to make a case that Smith won't achieve this a tad more than 1 every 5 innings.

Re: Australia vs India - Test Series Seriously unlucky with the MOM in Brisbane, Crouchy. If Smith wasn't captaining for the first time it would have gone nowhere near him. Johnson was the reason Australia won that match. 3rd Test preview: 4pts S.Smith's Performance Pts - 92&Over 5/6 Bet365 A theme of this series so far has been Steve Smith’s performances. In the two Tests so far he has made up totals of 171pts and 224pts and that is without bowling. I expect him to do some bowling in this match because India should get in on this wicket and the humid conditions and a third Test in as many weeks will take it out on the bowlers. Even if he doesn’t bowl he has shown he is capable of notching 92pts with the bat so his target looks well in reach here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-india-3rd-test-betting-steve-smith-can-continue-to-impress-in-melbourne

2.5pts Shane Watson Player Performance Over 99.5pts @ 1.88 BetEasy 0.75pts Shane Watson MOTM @ 17 Ladbrokes Watson has a strong record at the MCG with 1 ton and 4 fifties in his past 7 innings here (3 of the fifties were 80 or higher). Though he's frankly not in good enough form with the bat to clear this line as a pure batsman, the absence of Mitchell Marsh and the way Watto bowled in the 2nd test gives me confidence of a combination win. Though he got just 1 wicket at the Gabba he bowled very well and Nathan Lyon summed it up when he said Watson could have bowled a lot worse and got a five for. When you consider Watson also fields at slip I think you can also count on him for a catch or two. Even something relatively tame like 2 catches, 2 wickets and a typical Watson 40 would see this line home and none of those stats would be considered extreme, so if he has a really good game in one facet he's very likely to clear it. Also, it's by and large a game with a lot less meaning than the other two, which is perfect for Watson as he rarely performs under pressure but often succeeds when it's not really required. PS. if you like your money you probably shouldn't follow my MOTM tips. 1pt Steve Smith to score 1st Inns Century @ 5 Unibet Smith is in great form and I feel the MCG will suit him well as he's a good runner between the wickets and the long boundaries will ensure plenty of 2s will be available. India look relatively helpless bowling to him and the fact his only dismissal for less than 100 was a run out only underlines this point. A century is obviously no easy task but when you consider the golden run of form Smith has been in of late and how much India are struggling here, it's hard to make a case that Smith won't achieve this a tad more than 1 every 5 innings.
So Watson ends up on 99 points after dropping two catches and having Haddin steal two from him as well. Sometimes I really don't even know why I bother.

So Watson ends up on 99 points after dropping two catches and having Haddin steal two from him as well. Sometimes I really don't even know why I bother.
really really unlucky there mate. dont let it affect you. At least smith scored a century

Re: Australia vs India - Test Series Final test preview: 4pts S.Smith's Performance Pts - 101&Over 5/6 Bet365 Given this is the venue where Phil Hughes was tragically hit by that bouncer we can expect plenty of emotion to be around in this match, potentially added to with the fiery Virat Kohli leading the Indians again. One man who should be able to use that emotion as a positive is the Australian captain Steve Smith. This is Smith’s home ground and he already has a Test ton here. He’s in fantastic form right now that you wouldn’t put it beyond him to cover his 101pt performance line with the bat but given that he fields in the slips and might bowl a few more overs in this match he is worth backing to cover this line for the fourth time in the series. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-india-4th-test-betting-steve-smith-can-shine-again-on-his-home-ground