** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

APOEL v FC Barcelona > Tuesday November 25th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]APOEL v FC Barcelona (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.33[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: APOEL v FC Barcelona > Tuesday November 25th 4pts Barcelona to win to nil Evs Ladbrokes Generally this season Barcelona’s defensive record has been pretty immaculate so that gives me the belief they can win this match to nil. APOEL might well have a go for a short period but they are going to have to work so hard to contain this Barcelona side and they’re not going to see a lot of the ball so this is likely to be a long night for them and one which should end in a defeat without them scoring. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/apoel-nicosia-vs-barcelona-betting-barcelona-can-win-to-nil-in-cyprus

Re: APOEL v FC Barcelona > Tuesday November 25th APOEL – BARCELONA Barcelona to Win with 1 Goal at 3.85 @ Marathonbet As a great European experience is seeing APOEL tonight’s meeting with the great Barcelona. All the people of the Cypriot team are looking for tonight’s match and “GSP” is going to be nearly full from 20.000 fans. APOEL has still mathematic chances of taking the group’s 3rd place, which leads at the “32” of Europa League. Barcelona, on the other hand, has already locked the qualification at the “16” of Champions League, but also wants the 1st place of the group, being now one point behind Paris Saint-Germain. The three losses of APOEL at the group stage have all come with 1-0 as final score and I think that Barcelona will be today the winner with a 1-goal margin.

Re: APOEL v FC Barcelona > Tuesday November 25th APOEL can't qualify and Barcelona already have, but both clubs still have something to fight for. APOEL need a point to have a chance of finishing 3rd and going to the Europa League. Barcelona need a point to have the chance to win the group. With both sides needing a point, does this make a draw more likely? Barcelona have easily the stronger side of course, but they only managed to beat APOEL 1-0 in Spain. I would imagine APOEL will start the game strongly. If Barcelona get an early lead, they could well win by a few goals, but if they don't, or APOEL score first, they could get a win or a draw here. The Asian handicap 'fair value' line is set at +/- 1.75 and that seems about right. Bearing in mind APOEL's decent home record and the fact that both sides might be happy with a draw, I think there is some value in opposing Barcelona here at long odds … APOEL or draw 4.2 Coral Stake: 3 points UEFA preview: http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2015/matches/round=2000548/match=2014381/prematch/preview/index.html

Re: APOEL v FC Barcelona > Tuesday November 25th

APOEL can't qualify and Barcelona already have, but both clubs still have something to fight for. APOEL need a point to have a chance of finishing 3rd and going to the Europa League. Barcelona need a point to have the chance to win the group. With both sides needing a point, does this make a draw more likely? Barcelona have easily the stronger side of course, but they only managed to beat APOEL 1-0 in Spain. I would imagine APOEL will start the game strongly. If Barcelona get an early lead, they could well win by a few goals, but if they don't, or APOEL score first, they could get a win or a draw here. The Asian handicap 'fair value' line is set at +/- 1.75 and that seems about right. Bearing in mind APOEL's decent home record and the fact that both sides might be happy with a draw, I think there is some value in opposing Barcelona here at long odds … APOEL or draw 4.2 Coral Stake: 3 points UEFA preview: http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2015/matches/round=2000548/match=2014381/prematch/preview/index.html
No offence but are you sure Barcelona would be happy with a draw away to a Cypriot side?! There is a gulf in resources and quality and anything other than a Barca win would be a source of embarassment for them. Add in the fact they are still hotly competing with PSG to win the group and avoid a tricky draw.

No offence but are you sure Barcelona would be happy with a draw away to a Cypriot side?
They might well be - the manager might say something like 'it is a hard place to come to - We now look forward to the final home game v PSG'. I also think winning the group is not always that important. A club like Barcelona will fancy their chances against most opponents. I think qualification is the main thing, and winning the group is a distant second in terms or priority.

Re: APOEL v FC Barcelona > Tuesday November 25th MPLouis, winning the group is a massive priority, always has and always will be. It's the difference between playing a Basel and playing a Bayern Munich in the next round. Number 1 priority for Barcelona is topping the group. They have already qualified.

MPLouis' date=' winning the group is a massive priority, always has and always will be. It's the difference between playing a Basel and playing a Bayern Munich in the next round. Number 1 priority for Barcelona is topping the group. They have already qualified.[/quote'] I just think the importance of winning the group is sometimes over-estimated. Anyway, just for fun, I've just checked how many of the last 10 Champions League winnners won their group. The answer is 8 out the last 10 won it ... Last ten Champions League winners (most recent first). Did they win their group? Real Madrid YES Bayern YES Chelsea YES Barcelona YES Inter No Barcelona YES Man United YES Milan YES Barcelona YES Liverpool No

APOEL can't qualify and Barcelona already have, but both clubs still have something to fight for. APOEL need a point to have a chance of finishing 3rd and going to the Europa League. Barcelona need a point to have the chance to win the group. With both sides needing a point, does this make a draw more likely? Barcelona have easily the stronger side of course, but they only managed to beat APOEL 1-0 in Spain. I would imagine APOEL will start the game strongly. If Barcelona get an early lead, they could well win by a few goals, but if they don't, or APOEL score first, they could get a win or a draw here. The Asian handicap 'fair value' line is set at +/- 1.75 and that seems about right. Bearing in mind APOEL's decent home record and the fact that both sides might be happy with a draw, I think there is some value in opposing Barcelona here at long odds … APOEL or draw 4.2 Coral Stake: 3 points UEFA preview: http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2015/matches/round=2000548/match=2014381/prematch/preview/index.html
Result: APOEL 0 Barcelona 4 Bet lost :$ Stake: 3 points Return: nil Profit/loss = -3 points