** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Capital One Cup > December 16th & 17th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 16 December 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Derby County v Chelsea (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.53[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sheffield United v Southampton (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]109.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 17 December 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.85 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]107.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 1 month later...

Re: Capital One Cup > December 16th & 17th 3pts Chelsea to win by 1 goal 11/4 Ladbrokes I think this will be a competitive quarter final particularly because I think Derby are a confident enough side that they will fancy their chances on their own patch. We’ll see how much respect Jose Mourinho has for Derby by the team he names for this match. Derby keep the ball well and get men forward so they can make life difficult for Chelsea. In the end I think Chelsea will have too much but they may not win by a landslide here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/derby-vs-chelsea-betting-chelsea-can-edge-out-derby-in-cup-quarter-final

Re: Capital One Cup > December 16th & 17th 4pts Bournemouth vs Liverpool - Over 2.5 goals 1.87 BetVictor You can make a pretty good case for both sides here but even then I’m not interested in Liverpool at even money but I do fancy some goals in this game. Both sides are a lot better going forward than defending and this is a chance for the Liverpool stars in forward areas to loosen the shackles and show us what they can do. Bournemouth will threaten though so I expect a wide open game with at least three goals here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bournemouth-vs-liverpool-betting-goals-should-come-naturally-in-quarter-final

Re: Capital One Cup > December 16th & 17th Sheffield Utd vs Southampton I am looking at Sheffield Wednesday 1x2 While they are in contention for promotion, I checked that their next 3 matches after this League Cup match are relatively easier games, even though subsequently there are 2 matches against teams above them. As for Southampton, the worst has yet to come with 6 tough matches ahead: Everton, who is desperate to regain last season's glory Crystal Palace, who is desperate to stay in EPL, and can only rely on home form Chelsea, for the obvious reasons Arsenal, also for the obvious reasons -- In between, FA Cup against Ipswich -- Man Utd, also for the obvious reasons Newcastle, who is gaining some form I feel that Southampton will be over-stretched completely What do you think?

Re: Capital One Cup > December 16th & 17th SHEFFIELD UTD. – SOUTHAMPTON Draw at 4.35 @ Marathonbet The two teams are… divided by two categories, a fact that makes Southampton (P.L.) the favorite for the qualification at the semi-finals against Sheffield United (L1). Nevertheless, the home team has any right to be optimistic, since it has already added West Ham at the list of its “victims” at this season’s League Cup. In addition, the Saints come from four straight losses in terms of Premier League, with their psychology being totally fallen. Taking into account all these facts, I think that we will see an interesting game, with the final winner being decided either at extra time or at penalties. As a result, I am seeing a draw at normal time.

Re: Capital One Cup > December 16th & 17th Chelsea and Southampton double - bet365 at 1.34 whoever plays for Chelsea they are likely to be too strong for Derby. Back up players will look to stake their claim and Mourinho will not allow any complacency to creep in. The other match is tougher to call. The saints have been on the slide however they have not played badly at all and look great going forward. Tadic has been particularly impressive and has settled into the premier league well. Just feel they will have too much for a team two divisions below them

Re: Capital One Cup > December 16th & 17th

Chelsea and Southampton double - bet365 at 1.34 whoever plays for Chelsea they are likely to be too strong for Derby. Back up players will look to stake their claim and Mourinho will not allow any complacency to creep in. The other match is tougher to call. The saints have been on the slide however they have not played badly at all and look great going forward. Tadic has been particularly impressive and has settled into the premier league well. Just feel they will have too much for a team two divisions below them
If that bet is a double on the away wins, the Bet365 double odds are around 2.4, not 1.34

Re: Capital One Cup > December 16th & 17th Nice...Won Sheffield Utd :) Next match in my mind -- Bournemouth vs Liverpool Liverpool's next match after this will be against Arsenal, I sort of feel that they will not go all out for this League Cup match. Having said that, even if they go all out, I also expect them not to win. The team has been terrible indeed, with their manager Brendan Rogers still in his own world and in delusion. This will cost them dearly this season. Anyway, I feel that handicap only at -0.5 seems unrealistic, Liverpool's 1x2 odds seems high as well... What do you guys think, am I correct? :(

Re: Capital One Cup > December 16th & 17th I think Liverpool has a good chance of winning today. If they can create the same chances like how they did against Man Utd, they can certainly score. Bournemouth maybe on good form but do not have a gk like De Gea. Unless the players have already given up on BR, Liverpool better quality should see them win this game.

Re: Capital One Cup > December 16th & 17th BOURNEMOUTH – LIVERPOOL Draw at 3.85 @ Marathonbet A difficult test for Liverpool is that against Bournemouth at the quarter-finals of League Cup. The Reds are in a bad situation in the whole of this season, something that is depicted from the fact that they are at the 11th place of the table at Premier League. Moreover, Liverpool had two very difficult matches against Middlesbrough and Swansea (both home) at the prior stages of League Cup, taking the qualification at penalties at first case and at last minutes at second case. Bournemouth, on the other hand, seems very strong at this year’s Championship, being 1st after the first 21 weeks. I see very possible the extra time or penalties, so I choose the draw at normal time.

Re: Capital One Cup > December 16th & 17th 2.5pts Over 2.5 Goals AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool @ 1.80 Betfair 0.5pts Over 6.5 Goals AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool @ 36 Betfair I expect Liverpool to field a strong side tonight as they are a club struggling for results. Rodgers too needs a win and a trophy would go a long way so I can see him taking this very seriously. Of course, a strong Liverpool side only really means a full strength attack, because their best defence is still crap. Though they lost 3-0 against Utd, they did create a lot of chances, and if you combine this will continually poor defending you have a scenario where a lot of goals can be scored. 0.5pts Raheem Sterling 2+ Goals @ 15 Betfair Sterling should have had done this against Utd and given how I expect the game to go tonight I think there's value here. Obviously it'll require Sterling to start but I'm happy to take that punt based on Liverpool needing a strong result.

Liverpool need to get this done tonight and I think they will. Bournemouth are far below the levels of this Liverpool team, and the boys from Anfield desperately need a result to at least put them in a position to win some silverware at the end of the season. It's hard to imagine Rodgers will field anything less than the strongest possible 11 because he desperately needs a result to save his job. In my mind, if Rodgers picks a strong team Liverpool should get this done - and the only reason the price has been hovering so high is because of doubts about who he might pick. The price has started collapsing today though so I suspect word is out this team is gonna be a good one. I'm expecting a big performance tonight from Liverpool and will be very disappointed if they let me and their fans down. I've backed Liverpool to win at EVENS on Betfair over the 90 minutes.
Don't you think Rogers will rest some of the starters for the decisive match with Arsenal in the weekend? A win against Arsenal will put Liverpool just 2 point off their main rival for the fourth place. In a similar situation Rogers rested more or less the whole team in a midweek match with Real Madrid (!) for a decisive home PL match in the weekend - in that case it was Chelsea.

Don't you think Rogers will rest some of the starters for the decisive match with Arsenal in the weekend? A win against Arsenal will put Liverpool just 2 point off their main rival for the fourth place. In a similar situation Rogers rested more or less the whole team in a midweek match with Real Madrid (!) for a decisive home PL match in the weekend - in that case it was Chelsea.
Tbh I don't think Rodgers or Liverpool can afford at this point a loss, so his hand may be forced a bit into playing a strong side. The game against Madrid was a dead rubber as they'd have probably lost with a stronger first eleven so it made sense to make changes. Here it makes no sense for Rodgers to take chances unless he has a death wish!

Tbh I don't think Rodgers or Liverpool can afford at this point a loss' date=' so his hand may be forced a bit into playing a strong side. The game against Madrid was a dead rubber as they'd have probably lost with a stronger first eleven so it made sense to make changes. Here it makes no sense for Rodgers to take chances unless he has a death wish![/quote'] I don't think Rogers will be fired if Liverpool loose to Bournemouth because it's not an important competition. However, he could be fired if they loose to Arsenal regardless of the outcome of the match tonight because they'll be seven points off the direct rival for the fourth place.

I don't think Rogers will be fired if Liverpool loose to Bournemouth because it's not an important competition. However' date=' he could be fired if they loose to Arsenal regardless of the outcome of the match tonight because they'll be seven points off the direct rival for the fourth place.[/quote'] No your right he won't get fired but they could lose against Bournemouth, and still lose to Arsenal regardless of the team he sticks out tonight.

Re: Capital One Cup > December 16th & 17th True, but what he means is, if rodgers risks his best players and they are not fit on sunday or someone gets injured the damage could be enormous also fatigue could play a role here if they need more than 90 minutes tonight. And that could easily happen here. Home side on a great 12 game unbeaten run and they know Liverpool is there for the taking. Not saying Liverpool can't win but they surely need a great squad and game to win here. That's why you get almost evens for Liverpool against a medium championship side. Bit generious ofcourse and it keeps me off backing them.

2.5pts Over 2.5 Goals AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool @ 1.80 Betfair 0.5pts Over 6.5 Goals AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool @ 36 Betfair I expect Liverpool to field a strong side tonight as they are a club struggling for results. Rodgers too needs a win and a trophy would go a long way so I can see him taking this very seriously. Of course, a strong Liverpool side only really means a full strength attack, because their best defence is still crap. Though they lost 3-0 against Utd, they did create a lot of chances, and if you combine this will continually poor defending you have a scenario where a lot of goals can be scored. 0.5pts Raheem Sterling 2+ Goals @ 15 Betfair Sterling should have had done this against Utd and given how I expect the game to go tonight I think there's value here. Obviously it'll require Sterling to start but I'm happy to take that punt based on Liverpool needing a strong result.
Great call on Sterling, nice price at 14/1!

2.5pts Over 2.5 Goals AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool @ 1.80 Betfair 0.5pts Over 6.5 Goals AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool @ 36 Betfair I expect Liverpool to field a strong side tonight as they are a club struggling for results. Rodgers too needs a win and a trophy would go a long way so I can see him taking this very seriously. Of course, a strong Liverpool side only really means a full strength attack, because their best defence is still crap. Though they lost 3-0 against Utd, they did create a lot of chances, and if you combine this will continually poor defending you have a scenario where a lot of goals can be scored. 0.5pts Raheem Sterling 2+ Goals @ 15 Betfair Sterling should have had done this against Utd and given how I expect the game to go tonight I think there's value here. Obviously it'll require Sterling to start but I'm happy to take that punt based on Liverpool needing a strong result.
Super call that Crouchy :notworthy