** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series

kevshat

After their torture in the UAE, Australia begin their home international summer next week when they host South Africa in 3 T20 matches which are followed by 5 ODIs as the ODI season kicks into full swing. These two are the two top ranked ODI sides so this should be a good series with all matches live on Sky in the UK. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Wed Nov 5 (20 ovs) 08:35 GMT | 19:05 local 08:35 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st T20I - Australia v South Africa Adelaide Oval [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 30.png 10 - 23° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Nov 7 (20 ovs) 08:35 GMT | 19:35 local 08:35 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd T20I - Australia v South Africa Melbourne Cricket Ground [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Nov 9 (20 ovs) 08:35 GMT | 19:35 local 08:35 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd T20I - Australia v South Africa Stadium Australia, Sydney [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Nov 14 (50 ovs) 03:20 GMT | 11:20 local 03:20 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st ODI - Australia v South Africa Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Nov 16 (50 ovs) 03:20 GMT | 11:20 local 03:20 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd ODI - Australia v South Africa Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Wed Nov 19 (50 ovs) 03:20 GMT | 14:20 local 03:20 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd ODI - Australia v South Africa Manuka Oval, Canberra [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Nov 21 (50 ovs) 03:20 GMT | 14:20 local 03:20 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 4th ODI - Australia v South Africa Melbourne Cricket Ground [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Nov 23 (50 ovs) 03:20 GMT | 14:20 local 03:20 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 5th ODI - Australia v South Africa Sydney Cricket Ground [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series Series preview: 4pts Australia to win T20 Series 3/4 Unibet Looking at the two squads I think Australia have to be taken to win this series. Although they are missing a string of players they look to have a much better side of the two on paper. Matchwinners like Aaron Finch and Shane Watson are established at this level and their bowling looks much stronger as a whole. South Africa have one or two matchwinners themselves but they look lighter overall so it is the hosts for me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-south-africa-t20-series-betting-australia-look-too-strong-for-south-africa

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series Series top bat previews: 2pts B.Dunk Top Australia Series Batsman 4/1 Stan James Ben Dunk has been in fantastic form for Tasmania in the Australian domestic one day tournament and couldn’t be in better form coming into this match. We’ve seen him go big in both the Big Bash League and the Indian Premier League so this step up should be well within his capabilities. Dunk recently battered 229 in a 50 over match so scoring quickly is his forte and at 4/1 with him opening the batting he looks the value here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-south-africa-t20-series-betting-ben-dunk-can-take-his-form-onto-the-big-stage 2pts R.Rossouw Top South Africa Series Batsman 4/1 Bet365 One man who went well in New Zealand and who has begun the Australia leg of the tour well is Rilee Rossouw. He is on the fringes of the main South African limited overs set up so a good time in these three matches could see him move into that side and with a World Cup three months away that would be a massive opportunity for him. He is a man in form and with all the incentive he needs I fancy him to go well this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-south-africa-t20-series-betting-rilee-rossouw-can-catch-the-eye-in-australia

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series 1st T20 preview: 4pts Australia to win 1st T20 4/5 BetVictor I took Australia to win the series and I have to take them to win this opening match. Adelaide is a small ground these days and the hitting power Australia have with the bat coupled with the quality they have with the ball should make them far too strong here. South Africa have flashes of quality in their side but they lack depth both with the ball and the bat and you get the feeling this series isn’t really important for them so I’ll go with Australia here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-south-africa-1st-odi-betting-australia-can-draw-first-blood-in-adelaide

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series 2nd T20 preview: 4pts R.Rossouw Over 20.5 runs 5/6 Ladbrokes I fancy Australia to get going in this match but I’m on them for the series so I don’t need to go in again on them here. One bet that I will take even though I’m on him for the series is for Rilee Rossouw to hit more than 20.5 runs. He’s been in good touch in Australia so far and his 70 odd the other night looked very good. Unlike many in the match he was finding the middle of the bat with ease and another 21 runs certainly doesn’t look beyond him. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-south-africa-2nd-t20-betting-rilee-rossouw-can-impress-in-melbourne

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series 3rd T20 preview: 5pts Over 9.5 6s 8/11 Paddy Power From a neutral point of view after two one sided contests it would be nice if we get a real close battle to decide the series. I’m on Australia for the series so don’t need to back them again and instead I will concentrate on the sixes market. Stadium Australia has very small boundaries especially straight and while the wicket isn’t always on the quick side the brute force on offer with the bat here should safely see the sixes total into double figures. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-south-africa-3rd-t20-betting-expect-the-sixes-to-flow-in-sydney

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series James Faulkner MOTM @ 21 Sportingbet Faulkner has shown he is in pretty good form, scoring 41* in the first game and taking 3 wickets in the 2nd. Were it not for Boyce I believe he'd have got MOTM last game and for me these odds are too appealing to let slip. We saw against England at the Gabba the damage this man can do with the bat and even though I can't see him top scoring, a similar sort of flurry when it's needed is often rewarded with MOTM honours. Can see him doing this with either bat or ball so to me we are potentially getting 2 bites at the cherry at very nice odds.

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series Disappointing from Faulkner, who after taking 3 wickets in the first and being in with 25 more runs needed, was in prime position to take MOTM. Oh well. 1st ODI - Mitchell Johnson MOTM @ 13 Ladbrokes Midge has absolutely terorrised South Africa in Perth and he's been bowling fantastic the last 18 months. There should be plenty of pace in the wicket for him and it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see a fast man take MOTM honours. Speaking of Mitchell, wouldn't surprise me at all if he's rested for the last couple of ODIs in preparation for the test series, so I think there's value in the top series bowler market. Just haven't worked out who yet, but most likely a South African will be the play. Kev, any idea if Steyn is likely to be rested at all?

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series

Just haven't worked out who yet' date=' but most likely a South African will be the play. Kev, any idea if Steyn is likely to be rested at all?[/quote'] They've not said anything but they rest him quite regularly and with a Test series coming up back home soon after this series and a pretty long summer with the World Cup still 3 months away it wouldn't surprise me if he misses a game or two mate :ok

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series ODI Series preview: 4pts South Africa to win ODI Series 5/4 Coral These two sides are fairly evenly matched which should make for a good series. South Africa probably have the edge with their quality of bowling depth but Australia probably shade it with batting depth so it will be interesting to see what gives in this series. I’m a bowler man personally especially with two of these matches coming from Perth where the quicks should really enjoy themselves so I think there is a little bit of value in the tourists at odds against. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-south-africa-odi-series-betting-south-africa-can-cause-a-surprise-in-australia

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series Top Series Batsmen preview: 2pts M.Clarke Top Australia Series Batsman 11/2 Betfred One man who is full of class and more importantly looks to be in a good position in the order is Michael Clarke. Clarke will want to stamp an authority on this side that takes them through to the World Cup and the best way to do that is by scoring runs and scoring them big. Even now he is still the best player in this side when he is on form and at 11/2 he looks a great price to top score for the hosts in this series. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-south-africa-odi-series-betting-michael-clarke-can-lead-by-example-with-runs 2pts AB de Villiers Top South Africa Series Batsman 7/2 Stan James AB de Villiers often floats around this order but with no JP Duminy is it hard to see him even lower than five in this series and more likely he’ll be at four which is a position I really like for him. It means he’ll come in against the lesser bowlers where he can get himself in before launching an attack in the powerplay and at the death. Not many in the game are better than de Villiers to watch and he can show why with loads of runs in this series. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-south-africa-odi-series-betting-ab-de-villiers-can-power-home-the-most-runs

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series 1st ODI preview: 4pts M.Johnson's Performance Pts - 40&Over 5/6 Bet365 I think South Africa are overpriced for this opening match especially given their wonderful record on this ground but having backed them for the series I need not back them for this match. One bet I do like in this match is Mitchell Johnson to cover a 40pt performance target. Johnson has played a lot of cricket on this ground and has had plenty of success. Two wickets wouldn’t be a surprise but he may well be in the game with the bat too so 40pts looks more than achievable for the paceman. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-south-africa-1st-odi-betting-mitchell-johnson-can-enjoy-the-fast-conditions

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series 2nd ODI. South Africa definitely need two changes to the team. Mclaren was terrible in the middle /death bowling and must surely be dropped 'rested' for Kyle Abbot. Behardien has had an extended run of endless chances, and is just not up to the task at hand. Duminy if fit is his natural replacement, but Rillee Rousouw should be in ahead of him ALL DAY. SA do not have a 'clean-up' hitter. A number 4 batter in baseball that clean the bases. We are still searching for that player in the Adrian Kuiper, Lance Klusener, Brian Mcmillan mould (read Glen Maxwell for Australia). Cannot see SA getting of to a similar start in the next match. Amla does not fail often ! SA to win 2nd ODI, if they make these changes ....

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series 2nd ODI preview: 4pts South Africa to win 2nd ODI 7/5 Boylesports South Africa were in position to win the first match with 14 overs to go despite their top order offering little but they collapsed in the powerplay and just after and that was that but I don’t expect lightning to strike twice in that regard in this match so I see them as the value. Michael Clarke didn’t do a lot in the first match but I’m sure Australia would rather have him than not. South Africa can make the necessary changes and level the series here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-south-africa-2nd-odi-betting-south-africa-can-bounce-back-on-sunday

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series Well on Johnson in the first game Kev. Pity he didn't take a few more wickets! AB De Villiers MOTM @ 13 Bet365 AB was in sensational form in the first game and would have surely won this if South Africa won, which I feel they might do today. De Villiers enjoys the bouncy wicket of Perth, having scored 2 tons and 2 fifties in 3 tests and 2 fifties from 2 ODIs. With only Johnson a real threat in the Australian bowling I feel that De Villiers could be set for a big score with the bat that will set up the South African win.

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series Unlucky again Crouchie. Spot on both times just come up against other good performances :( 3rd ODI preview: 4pts South Africa to win 3rd ODI 11/10 Bet365 Australia have lost a little bit of their potency at the top of the innings with Mitchell Johnson out of the way and the last thing you want to do is let Hashim Amla feel comfortable and get stuck in. South Africa made heavy work of winning the last game but they should be 2-0 up right now. If they rejig their batting line up to make best use of everyone I would expect them to go one up with two to play. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-south-africa-3rd-odi-betting-south-africa-can-claim-series-lead-in-canberra

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series Thanks Kev. Not been the best period for me but hopeful I can bounce back before year's end. Onto tomorrow's game. The curator has said that he expect a fast, firm wicket and the boundaries at Manuka Oval are relatively small. The Prime Ministers XI game in 2014 didn't see a lot of runs due to a PM's XI collapse but a woefully out of form England managed 264 in the first innings. The PM's game in 2013 saw 643 runs scored whilst the last ODI (also in 2013) here saw 619 runs scored. Despite the batting woes of last game I expect a return to strong scoring and with Mitchell Johnson out I see few real problems for the South African batsman on what I consider a better batting wicket than what Perth was. Hashim Amla to score a 50 @ 2.90 BetEasy With 41 50+ scores in 100 ODIs this is statistical value. However, when you factor in Johnson's absence and the better batting wicket I feel Amla should return to his consistent self and post a good score. AB De Villiers to score a 50 @ 3.10 BetEasy Another statistically +EV bet with AB scoring 58 50+ scores in 173 games. Filtering increases this to 9 in 21 vs Australia and 3 in 6 vs Australia. However, it's not statistics that are driving this selection but De Villiers' form. He looked great in both WACA games and with a better batting wicket I can see him having another good game. David Miller to score a 50 @ 6 BetEasy For mine this is just over priced. He's already made one fifty this series and has been not out in another game. Given how low he bats he's definitely an odds against proposition but if the wicket is as good for batsman as I believe it will be then there's still a decent chance he can notch a quick 50 in the last 10-15 overs of the innings. Will look to take a couple more bets if Australia bat first.

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series A huge factor here is that Johnson is rested. Without him, Australia are very limited in the bowling department. Would be more inclined to go with Amla to score runs ahead of de Villiers, simply because de Villiers may not get a proper chance. If he comes in late in the innings he may have to sacrifice his wicket in a chase for runs (SA bat first). Amla, you know is opening. I cannot see him failing 3 times in a row, considering he got himself out twice in a row with a running the ball down to third man flick over slips type shot (both from Johnson)

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series Was contemplating Watson for MOTM at 13 but Amla is the same price and with no Midge I feel compelled to side with the South African. I expect him to return to his consistent self and anchor the innings. Should be a batsman taking MOTM this time around. Amla MOTM at 13 Tattsbet

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series Good shouts with Amla and ABDV Crouchie. Unlucky with the Amla MOM. 4th ODI preview: 4pts South Africa to win 4th ODI 6/5 Bet365 South Africa must be wondering how they are behind in this series because both matches they have lost they have been in excellent positions in their run chases. Obviously they are missing JP Duminy with the likes of Farhaan Behardien offering precious little with the bat. It may be that they bring Robin Peterson in anyway to bolster their batting depth but if they can sort that out they should be in a position to convert these good positions into winning ones. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-south-africa-4th-odi-betting-south-africa-can-level-the-series-in-melbourne

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series Thanks Kev. Frustrating for both of us that Amla and AB couldn't go on and get South African the win. Matthew Wade Player Performance Over 33.5pts @ 1.88 BetEasy Wade has been amongst the catches so far this series with 5 catches in the first game and 3 in the second. He failed to achieve this total last game but I feel he should get an opportunity to bat this game and being a local he'll know how to bat on this pitch with it's rather long boundaries. Easily capable of clearing this total with the bat alone but a combination of bat and the field looks likely to me. Considering the pitch spins late on a stumping almost sees us home and with Maxwell likely to replace Marsh in the line up we could see even more spin overs too. AB De Villiers Player Performance Over 42.5 @ 1.88 BetEasy De Villiers is in fine form and this has been demonstrated throughout the series. He also enjoys playing against Australia. I don't expect him to bowl this game but we saw last game there is the possibility of 20pts from a cheap wicket and he's always a danger of claiming 10-20pts with a catch or two. Of course, the most likely option is he just clears this with the bat. Has gone over this total in 9 of his last 10 vs Australia.

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series Top shouts Crouchy :clap. 5th ODI preview: 4pts South Africa Highest 1st 15 overs 11/10 Betway I’ve been backing South Africa in each match in this series much to my peril but on each occasion they have got into a good position with the bat and not finished the job off. I’m going to continue to back them but given their struggles at the end of the innings I’m only going to take them to win the opening 15 overs. South Africa have lost two of the last three matches but they’ve been ahead after 15 overs on each occasion so the odds against that they lead through 15 overs here is too good to refuse. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-south-africa-5th-odi-betting-south-africa-can-lead-after-15-overs-in-sydney

Re: Australia vs South Africa - T20 Series & ODI Series Thanks Kev. Going to quasi oppose you here: Dave Warner to score a 50 @ 2.80 Dave Warner MOTM @ 9 (Both BetEasy) The SCG is Warner's home ground and he has a solid record here in one day formats. He has 4 fifties from 5 matches at ODI level and 1 from 2 at T20I level. The boundaries aren't the biggest here and that's always something that plays into Warner's hands as he's a guy who deals in boundaries. He hasn't been in the most stellar of form this series but he still managed a 50 at Manuka Oval and returning to his home ground, in a game where the pressure is off, might just see him release the shackles and make a big score.