** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Hopefully, this thread will be as popular and successful as dan's MLB thread. :) Dallas (+3.0) to beat San Antonio Spurs 4pt @ 2.00 (Bet365) Quick reasoning: Spurs has been sluggish during the off-season, finishing 2-5 in the pre-season. Moreover, they're missing 3 key members : Leonard, Splitter & Mills. Meanwhile, Dallas have strength their team, as mentioned by Samba_SamPa in the antepost, and have caused matchup issues against Spurs during playoffs last season. As much as I like Spurs, I don't think it'll be easy for them to turn the switch on yet, and foresee a struggling start.

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Pelicans (-9.5) to beat Magic 5pts @ 1.91 Bet365 Pelicans (-13.5) to beat Magic 2pts @ 2.60 Bet365 The Pelicans, whilst having possibly the worst moniker in professional sports, open their campaign against what looks a pretty poor Magic outfit in a game that they surely must win if they are to live up to my expectations for the season. Magic traded away some big parts of last season's poor team, with Nelson, Afflalo and Davis all leaving Orlando. To add to that their top new acquisition Channing Frye is out with a sprained MCL and last season's ROTY r/up Oladipo is out after surgery. New Orleans have Holliday and Anderson back to full fitness after both missed huge chunks of last season, Gordon returning from offseason surgery, they've added Omer Asik from the Rockets, and they have Anthony Davis who absolutely smushed the Magic last season for 48pts, 36 rebounds and 10 blocks in just 2 games. Omer Asik promises to be an excellent signing for the Pelicans, he is one of the best defensive Centres in the league and will provide an excellent complementary backcourt foil for Davis. Davis's offensive efficiency last season was incredible, but he does have some defensive shortcomings to work on - Asik joining him looks like moulding an all round top notch backcourt for the Pelicans.

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 James Harden over 25.5pts v Lakers 4pts @ 1.83 Bet365 The bookies have set this line at Harden's exact average over the course of last season. That is failing to take into account his record against today's opponents however - against whom he played 4 times last season and scored 35, 38, 29 & 33. Only the 76ers conceded more points than the Lakers last season, they held their opponents to just double figures only once in their final 27 games (and Phoenix scored 99 on that occasion!), all of which makes this line a good few points short of what I would be happy to lay myself.

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15

Dallas (+3.0) to beat San Antonio Spurs 4pt @ 2.00 (Bet365) :)
1-0-0 Total staked 4.00 pts Total returns 8.00 pts Profit 4.00 pts Congrats to Samba_SamPa on winning all his bets too!

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Great start mkmk :clap

Pelicans (-9.5) to beat Magic 5pts @ 1.91 Bet365 Pelicans (-13.5) to beat Magic 2pts @ 2.60 Bet365
James Harden over 25.5pts v Lakers 4pts @ 1.83 Bet365
The Pelicans managed to hang in during a first 20 minutes in which they were shooting horribly from everywhere, even 3-15 from the line at that stage. Once they solved their shooting they pulled away for a comfortable 101-84 win. Davis brought it all with 26 pts, 17 rebounds and 9 blocks, Asik showed his value too with 12 pts and another 17 rebounds of his own. The Rockets poured in 62pts in the first half and cruised through the second to a 108-90 win over the Lakers - Harden bagging 32 for himself to easily cover the line 3-0-0 Staked 11pts Returned 22.07pts Profit +11.07pts

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Well played guys just noticed this thread , I opened up with 2 losing bets on Spurs vs Mavs (proof in my glory hunt thread) took Spurs to beat the 3.5pts line and the over on total pts set at 202.5 game finished 101-100 Spurs win but ultimately just shy of what I needed. 0-2-0 Total Staked : 7pts Total Returns : 0pts Total Profit: -7pts

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Detroit Pistons (+6.5) to beat Denver Nuggets 5pt @ 1.90 (Bet365) I'll make an early (late-night, in my timezone) prediction for now. Pistons have made one very important acquisition this summer: Stan van Gundy as head coach. One of his key coaching change was to FINALLY convinced that Josh Smith should not shoot 3's. One of the worst 3-point volume shooter, JSmoove has not taken more than 2 3's attempt during the off-season. Preseason isn't really a great indicator for the regular season, but SVG's Pistons have won 5 out of 7, though some of the games featured Greg Monroe (suspended for 3 games) and Jodie Meeks (out for 3 months). On the flip side, even though Denver looks to be fully-strength, I'm not confident on their pre-season form (2-6), coaching ability (Brian Shaw), nor their returning players making an impact so soon (Gallinari returning after 2 years of injuries, will be on limited minutes, Lawson on gimpy ankles, JAVALE MCGEE).

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Pacers (-6.5) to beat 76ers 5pts @ 20/23 Bet365 Pacers (-11.5) to beat 76ers 2pts @ 17/10 Bet365 An absolute car crash of a matchup when you look at how fortunes have gone since last season ended. Indiana lost Lance Stephenson to free agency mere weeks before losing their absolute ace, Paul George, to serious injury in a Team USA scrimmage. In addition to that pair they also will have to make to do without their starting PG and PF through injury in the early weeks of the season. CJ Sloan will miss out also so either 3rd choice Don Sloan may start at PG, unless new arrival Stuckey runs the point and their other new arrival CJ Miles operates as the SG. However the lineup is configured you'd have to expect them to have enough talent on the court to deal with Philly! Whilst the Pacers have suffered losses to the roster they have done so on the back of another appearance in the Eastern Conference finals. Philadelphia have suffered losses, but those losses are from a team that managed just 19 wins last season - big difference! The 76ers will have last season's #6 pick Nerlens Noel dressed after missing the whole of last season, but last season's ROTY Carter-Williams misses out through injury, as well as this year's #3 pick Joel Embiid. They have lost last season's leading scorer to Minnesota, and last season's leading rebounder to the Clippers. How can a 19-win team cope with circumstances that leaves them with an NBA debutant - Noel - and a SG - Wroten - who averages under 10ppg in his career so far as the ones to carry the hopes of their offense? Still quite a few prices OTB so will have a check back in later

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Marcin Gortat Over 12.5 points 4pt @ 1.83 (Bet365) Beal and Webster are out due to injuries, while Gortat's front court partner, Nene, is suspended for 1 game for leaving the bench in a pre-season game. Wall will be the main scoring option for tonight's game, but Gortat will be the main guy in the paint against the Heat, and has averaged 13.2 points last season despite being the 4th scoring option (Wall, Beal, Ariza). Brooklyn Nets to beat Boston Celtics 6pts @ 2.02 (Betfair) Brooklyn Nets (-3.5) to beat Boston Celtics 3pts @ 2.45 (Bet365) Considering Nets won this matchup 3-1 last season & with no major changes in personnal (and with Rondo & B.Lopez still injured), I'm not sure why Celtics are placed slightly favourites. I know that Boston has beaten Brooklyn in the last 2 pre-season match, but neither games featured much of Nets starters. With the Nets being a playoff contender & Celtics touted to be in the lottery yet again, I'm favouring the away Nets for this fixture.

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Warriors (-4.5) to beat Kings 5pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Warriors (-9.5) to beat Kings 2pts @ 17/10 Bet365 Golden State swept Sacramento last season, and they look mismatched again this season - possibly even moreso. Kings made a confusing downgrade at point during the offseason, losing Isaiah Thomas and replacing him with Darren Collison. Not only is Thomas a better shooter than Collison, but Collison had one of the worst assist rates (22%) amongst eligible PGs last season (Thomas' assist rate was 35%!). Their hopes rest entirely on their Team USA pair DaMarcus Cousins and Rudy Gay, whereas the Warriors have plenty talent outwith their World Cup winning pair. Steve Kerr makes his Head Coaching debut, and has a wealth of talent at his disposal. Curry and Klay Thompson weren't just the most effective backcourt in the NBA last season, but posted the best figures of any backcourt since 2000. As well as the offensive efficiency of those two, Kerr inherits the 4th most efficient defence from last season - GS give up points, but they play at such a frenetic pace that their opponents have many more possessions per game than all but 5 other teams. So the Warriors managed to have the 10th best pts conceded record despite the number of possessions per game they have to defend against. Andre Iguodala is an absolute stud wing defender, whilst Draymond Green had a surprisingly good season that was a huge improvement on his rookie season the year before. Golden State spray the ball around at an alarming pace but with incredible accuracy and will create numerous open looks for their highly effective shooters to feast on. Cousins and Gay will get their opportunities to try and stay with the visitors, but ultimately I expect the Warriors to prevail something along the lines of 114-101 Heat (-4.5) to beat Wizards Rockets v Jazz Over 202pts Warriors v Kings over 205pts ---------- 2pt treble @ 6.95 Bet365 They're 3 I definitely like but not quite the confidence of the Warriors or Pacers bets. Beal particularly will be a big miss for Washington, and whilst LBJ has obviously returned to Cleveland that does give Bosh the chance to emerge from his not inconsiderable shadow and start performing like he did in Toronto. I think Miami can take it 97-89. As mentioned in above in explaining why I like GS tonight, they play at a fast pace meaning plenty possessions for both them and their opponent, and there is enough shooting talent on display to convert those possessions into points. Both Utah and Houston are teams I look at at having more effective O than D, and think that can translate into enough points to go past the 205 line. Good luck

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Okay this might be against the grain but I fancy the odd's on SAC Kings tonight even if relying heavily on Cousins & Gay. SAC +5pts @1.9 , 3pts Staked SAC to Win @2.7 , 2pts Staked Also bet these more in-depth analysis to come throughout the season. CHI vs NYK over 185pts @1.9, 3pts Staked TOR -4.5 to beat Hawks @1.9 , 2pts Staked all bets are with Bet365

Detroit Pistons (+6.5) to beat Denver Nuggets 5pt @ 1.90 (Bet365) :(
Marcin Gortat Over 12.5 points 4pt @ 1.83 (Bet365) :) Brooklyn Nets to beat Boston Celtics 6pts @ 2.02 (Betfair) :( Brooklyn Nets (-3.5) to beat Boston Celtics 3pts @ 2.45 (Bet365) :(
2-3-0 Total staked 22.00 pts Total returns 15.32 pts Profit -6.68 pts Well, that was quite a thrashing handed to Nets. In fact, the 3 richest franchise (NYK, LAL, BN) lost by >15pts margin. :nana Nets should have just let Mason Plumlee run wild, and end up with 20 points, 20 rebounds. (Caveat: Plumlee's in my fantasy team). Pistons-Nuggets game was close till the final 3 minutes, when Detroit just couldn't score in the last 3 minutes, which lead to the 10-pt victory by Denver. As mentioned in the preview, Josh Smith restrained himself by shooting only 3 3-pt attempts (all missed), but what a disastrous shooting night by Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, 3-19 from the field. At least Gortat saved my betting day by scoring 18pts for the game. Do note that Nene & deJuan Blair will be back for tomorrow's game, hence Gortat's scoring output should go back to the usual 12-13pts per night. Congrats to Samba_SamPa with the Pacers & Warriors handicap wins, and Danshot with the Raptors handicap win!

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Washington Wizards (-4.0) to beat Orlando Magic 6pt @ 1.96 (MarathonBet) It opened at Wizards -3.5, which I managed to grab before this was completed....apologies. :\ Wizards opened up with a 95-107 road loss to Heat, while Magic lost 84-101 to New Orleans Pelicans. The difference between the losses is the way each team played:

• Magic shot 38.1%, 18 TOs which lead to 27pts & were blocked 17 times. (mainly by AD-Asik).
  • Wizards shot 48.0%, 14 TOs which lead to 12pts & were blocked 3 times.

Wizards interior defence isn't as block-happy as Pelicans, but Gortat/Nene/Blair/Gooden/Humphries/Seraphin are all decent Bigs who should be able to handle Vucevic/Tobias Harris frontcourt. With Kyle O'Quinn probable status due to an ankle injury, & Oladipo/Frye still out, Magic have to rely on Fournier (2nd yr), Payton (rookie), Aaron Gordon (rookie), and Ben Gordon (non-existence in the-team-previously-known-as-Bobcats) to provide 3rd-4th option scoring. Things don't look good for Orlando's 1st home game.

Pacers (-6.5) to beat 76ers 5pts @ 20/23 Bet365 Pacers (-11.5) to beat 76ers 2pts @ 17/10 Bet365
Warriors (-4.5) to beat Kings 5pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Warriors (-9.5) to beat Kings 2pts @ 17/10 Bet365 Heat (-4.5) to beat Wizards Rockets v Jazz Over 202pts Warriors v Kings over 205pts ---------- 2pt treble @ 6.95 Bet365
The Pacers started slowly but ended the 1Q on a 12-0 run to edge into the lead, and never really looked like not winning from there on. They did have a wobble for bet purposes midway through the 4Q when they let a 13pt lead shrink to just 3pts, before pulling away again to do just enough to bring both bets in 103-91 Golden State clamped down on the Kings offense in the 2nd half, limiting them to just 28pts in 24 minutes, on their way to a comfortable 95-77 win. Miami covered the handicap in the treble, but both totals went under to sink the bet. 7-1-0 Staked 27pts Returned 51.77pts Profit +24.77pts

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Timberwolves (-4) to bt Pistons 5pts @ 10/11 Paddy Timberwolves (-7.5) to bt Pistons 2pts @ 13/8 Paddy With Monroe still out for the Pistons I like the home side in this matchup, and Paddy look slightly out of line with their quotes. Initially I was going to take the -4.5 at Bet365 and -8 @ 6/4, so these lines and prices at Paddy are much better. As mentioned, Greg Monroe misses his final game of a 2-game suspension, and Detroit struggled to move the ball effectively at Denver last night in an opening game loss - which isn't really surprising if you're relying on Brandon Jennings to run your point. The TWolves also lost, but showed up well, ultimately just making too many turnovers. Providing they cut down on the unnecessary turnovers - and Rubio has acknowledged he needs to - then their superior prowess on the boards can give them the platform to get back to .500. Certainly I figure the TWolves to be a better outfit than the Nuggets who pulled away down the stretch against Detroit last night, and if Kevin Martin is fit to return after turning his ankle in practise on Tuesday that would only serve to strengthen my confidence Waiting on the player props to go up so I can check a couple of lines on player points. I want to see the Cavs play a couple of times before getting involved be it taking them or opposing them, Clippers should be able to beat a KD-less OKC at home, but 12pts doesn't offer any value in my eyes, I'm a little scared of taking the Wizards - Orlando went 19-22 at home last year (compared to 4-37 away), and Beal is a big loss for me. Still thinking over the Mavs. 10.5 pts doesn't offer much wiggle room though. Hoping Nowitzki's line is set no higher than 20 so I can take the over, and hoping Carmelo's line is set high enough I can take the under

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Kyrie Irving Under 21.5 points 5pt @ 1.76 (Bet365) Irving will be playing with a much stronger supporting cast, with Lebron James and Kevin Love joining the Cavs. That takes loads of pressure off him to be the #1 scoring option, and I forsee him taking less shots, more assists. Bet365 also offered Waiters' prop bet of O/U 14.5pts, but I'm wary of this, as I forsee a blowout win for Cavs, which might lead to more garbage playing time for him. Best to wait on the sidelines & see coach Blatt rotate his players in their 1st game of the season.

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Pretty much got both the lines I hoped for, so... Dirk Nowitzki Over 18.5pts 4pts @ 5/6 Bet365 Utah allowed the Rockets to shoot just shy of 52% in their opening loss last night, if they allow the Mavs similar success then the fulcrum of that offense, Nowitzki, promises to be in for a bumper night. Nowitzki is the central offensive player that makes the entire Mavs offense tick - he can operate in the post, at the elbow, and is effective from 3pt range - if the Jazz don't put up a collectively much improved defensive effort 24hrs on from last night, then the big German is flexible enough to take advantage from anywhere he finds himself. Carmelo Anthony Under 25.5pts 4pts @ 5/6 Bet365 Derek Fisher is the new man on the hot seat in New York, and is using the triangle offense that the new Pres of Basketball Operations, Phil Jackson, used in his time as Head Coach. Fisher played for Jackson in this offense at the Lakers, and Jackson clearly is mandating that it is the way forward for a club that has stalled. The success or otherwise of the tactic is likely ultimately going to fall on whether Carmelo Anthony can bring himself to trust his teammates enough to buy in to the 'the ball can't stop' dynamic of the triangle offense. Or, indeed, if his teammates perform to a level where Anthony feels he can trust them, and after the Knicks shot just 36.5% in an opening night loss that could be doubtful. I'm fairly confident, however, that it will be stressed it has to be given a chance to succeed, and not be binned after 1 game - all of which is my explanation as to why I like going short on Anthony's line of 25.5pts tonight. Melo's career average is almost exactly the line, but he shot just 14pts last night and took just 13 shots and providing he is similarly unselfish tonight then I think that line is high enough that he may struggle to pass it.

Washington Wizards (-4.0) to beat Orlando Magic 6pt @ 1.96 (MarathonBet) :)
Kyrie Irving Under 21.5 points 5pt @ 1.76 (Bet365):(
3-4-0 Total staked 33.00 pts Total returns 27.08 pts Profit -5.92 pts Magic gave me a scare when they closed the gap to 2 with 44 seconds left, but John Wall helped Wizards to end it at 105-98. All 5 Wizards starters have 10+pts, while Magic gave up 18 turnovers for the 2nd consecutive game. At least they got Frye back, but he needs time to get into the rhythm. Meanwhile, due to LBJ being in a pressured situation, he had to rely on his superstar teammates to bail him out yet again. Should have seen my reaction when Irving made the layup for his 22nd points...:wall Congrats once again to Samba_SamPa with yet another positive day, nearly a clean sweep if Wolves won by 2 more points. :clap

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 San Antonio Spurs (-1.5) to beat Phoenix Suns 5pt @ 1.97 (MarathonBet) San Antonio Spurs (-4.5) to beat Phoenix Suns 2pts @ 2.35 (Bet365) Pop's pre-game speech should be simple: Just paste Suns owner Robert Sarver's pre-season apology to his fans that Spurs fielded a subpar team & offered refunds to all. "Let's show them what they missed previously". Suns do have a dangerous 3-headed-hydra backcourt in Eric Bledsoe, Goran Dragic & Isaish Thomas. They managed 57 points against Lakers, and Spurs already had their hands full when facing a quick athletic guard in the form of Monta Ellis in the last game against Dallas. However, Spurs do welcome back their Finals MVP Kahwi Leonard. Out for weeks due to an eye infection, he'll need to shake off the rust fast against one of the fastest pace team last season. Spurs will also have a better schedule, as they play their next game on 5th Nov against the Hawks, hence don't be surprised if Duncan & Parker plays 35+mins if this ends up tightly contested.

Timberwolves (-4) to bt Pistons 5pts @ 10/11 Paddy Timberwolves (-7.5) to bt Pistons 2pts @ 13/8 Paddy
Dirk Nowitzki Over 18.5pts 4pts @ 5/6 Bet365 Carmelo Anthony Under 25.5pts 4pts @ 5/6 Bet365
Minnesota stretched 17pts clear of Detroit nearing the end of the 3Q before inexplicably allowing them to come right back into it and they were actually tied at 88 with a couple of minutes to go. Thankfully they then managed to put enough daylight between them to see the main 5pt bet home by 97-91, although a Pistons 2-pointer with 4 seconds left scuppered the extended handicap. If we were a little unlucky there, then we hit a little lucky with the Carmelo prop, surviving by the half point the fact he played 5+ mins more and shot 7+ attempts more than any of his teammates. Carmelo also had 6 assists, and 81% of NYK's FG were assisted, compared to 61% the previous night, which shows their much better usage of the offensive strategy last night. Nowitzki covered his line, scoring 21pts. The Mavs cut Utah to shreds in the first half, before taking their foot off the gas and Dirk sat for long spells and ultimately played only 24 minutes. He shot 9-13 during his time on the court, and the Jazz again let their opponents shoot around 55% 10-2-0 Staked 42pts Returned 75.98pts Profit +33.98pts

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Pacers (+6) to bt Grizzlies 5pts @ 10/11 Paddy Pacers (m/l) to bt Grizzlies 2pts @ 21/10 Skybet I get that Indiana have lost George, and they've lost Stephenson, and they're missing Hill and West, but Roy Hibbert stepped up (albeit v the 76ers) in the opener, Rodney Stuckey stepped up on his debut for the team, Lavoy Allen started from the bench but had a hugely effective 20 mins on the court. Memphis beat Minnesota in their opener, but this Pacers lineup will be an entirely different defensive animal than what the TWolves were. The Grizzlies aren't a team who are going to have success off the glass against many teams, not least against Centers like Stuckey and Mahinmi. Memphis comfortably lost the battle off the glass on opening night, and they will lose it again tonight. Memphis got 58pts in the paint on opening night, I would be astonished if they got close to that tonight. Memphis shot 52.4% - they're going to have a whole lot less layups tonight against this Pacers defense, and they'll be shooting from further distance consistently - I'm banking on them making around 45% in my reading of the matchup, and Indiana will keep themselves, at the very worst, in the game throughout. 6pts feels just way too big a handicap, and would much rather be on side with Pacers as a home dog in this one

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Nicolas Batum Under 14.5 points 4pts @ 1.83 (Bet365) Wesley Matthews Over 15.5 points 4pts @ 1.86 (Bet365) Batum is Portland's swiss army knife, able to morph into any role that's required of him. With all his starting teammates healthy, he provides support rather than be the main focal attacking point. Last season, he averaged 13.0ppg in the season, and 12.0ppg in their 4 games against Sacramento, scoring 14, 12, 11, 11, with the last 2 games facing Rudy Gay. On the flip side, his teammate Wesley Matthews takes on a more offensive role. Averaging 16.4ppg last season, his last 4 meetings against the Kings have been 18, 21, 9, 19, and his opposing SG will be Ben McLemore, whom isn't in the same level as Rudy Gay.

Pacers (+6) to bt Grizzlies 5pts @ 10/11 Paddy Pacers (m/l) to bt Grizzlies 2pts @ 21/10 Skybet
A hurtful one! Pacers were 61-48 ahead 3 mins into the 2nd half. Then over the course of 6 minutes 27 seconds allowed Memphis to outscore them by 26 to 2 :eek, and from 13 behind they were 11 ahead 74-63. Pacers never got to within the needed 6pts for the rest of the match 10-4-0 Staked 49pts Returned 75.98pts Profit +26.98pts

San Antonio Spurs (-1.5) to beat Phoenix Suns 5pt @ 1.97 (MarathonBet) :( San Antonio Spurs (-4.5) to beat Phoenix Suns 2pts @ 2.35 (Bet365) :(
Nicolas Batum Under 14.5 points 4pts @ 1.83 (Bet365) :) Wesley Matthews Over 15.5 points 4pts @ 1.86 (Bet365) :)
5-6-0 Total staked 48.00 pts Total returns 41.84 pts Profit -6.16 pts Hm, my NBA prediction form is struggling early season, going nil for two when making multiple bets on a handicap win. Spurs just couldn't score in the last 5:09, and San Antonio just couldn't handle their relentless offensive pressure. It's gonna be a fun series if they meet in the playoffs. As for Portland, Batum had his hands full trying to handle Rudy Gay, who blown up with 40 points, and Batum only ended the night with 7 points. Whereas Matthews had an easier time guarding and attacking McLemore, though it could have been higher than 16 points as he made only 1-of-7 3 points.

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 As I'm participating in a Marathon, I won't be able to make any Player Props bets as odds won't be out yet. Hence here's my early Saturday Games prediction: Phoenix Suns (-2.5) to beat Utah Jazz 6pt @ 2.00 (MarathonBet) I'm very impressed on how Suns have been managing and making plays when they have 3 PGs with Markieff Morris and Alex Len. I'm not sure if Utah has the defense personals to matchup against Suns, especially since how Spurs tried matching up a half-fit Kahwi Leonard against IT2, but still manages to overcome the defending champions. The only reason why the line is small is due to Utah winning the past 4 of 5 home games against Phoenix, and Utah had a day off while Phoenix is traveling in a back-to-back matchup. Season is still new, so I don't think fatigue will affect the up-tempo and youthful Suns. Denver Nuggets (-7) to beat Oklahoma City 5pt @ 1.97 (MarathonBet) ESPN Insider Article states "SCHOENE projection system forecasts an Oklahoma City lineup with neither Durant nor Westbrook to rate 29th in the NBA offensively, ahead of only the Philadelphia 76ers." Sure, Reggie Jackson is back from an injury & Perry Jones III have stepped up last game with 32 points, but honestly, unless Ibaka steps up averaging 20+pts and PJIII be more consistent in his scoring, this will be a long 6-8 weeks without Durant & Westbrook. Nuggets have the 9th best offense last season, and the 3rd fastest offense. Despite not playing to their best last game, they still managed a 10pt victory against Detroit Pistons. I expect players such as Lawson (1-7, 3pts), Gallinari (1-8, 7pts) and Chandler (1-6, 7pts) to play much better to defeat the wounded OKC.

Re: NBA Regular Season matches 2014/15 Taking the kids to the Illuminations for a couple of hours, so here's what I have played. Will provide reasoning when I get back Pistons (-3) to bt Nets 5pts @ 10/11 Bet365 Pistons (-7) to bt Nets 2pts @ 81/50 Bet365 Suns (-2) to bt Jazz 5pts @ 10/11 Paddy Suns (-8) to bt Jazz 2pts @ 41/20 Bet365