** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

October 27 - November 2

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: October 27 - November 2 Back Su-Wei Hsieh to win WTA Ningbo for a 1/10 stake at 17.00 with BetVictor Back Misaki Doi to win WTA Ningbo for a 1/10 stake at 17.00 with Bet365 Fancy the chances of these two cutting through the line-up in the end, as they both have plenty of main-tour experience and also enough quality to beat the likes of Zheng, Peer, or Kumkhum. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-ningbo-betting-su-wei-hsieh-and-misaki-doi-look-value-in-china-next-week

Re: October 27 - November 2 Back Novak Djokovic to win ATP Paris for a 7/10 stake at 3.30 with Bwin Given what's on line here, I think that Djokovic will prove his worth and win. Federer had some problems in Basel, after all, and I think that he won't be able to improve significantly between these two events. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-paris-betting-novak-djokovic-can-crush-federer-s-dreams-of-finishing-the-season-as-the-world-s-number-one

Re: October 27 - November 2 Back Carla Suarez-Navarro to win WTA Sofia for a 4/10 stake at 7.00 with Bet365 Suarez-Navarro has been drawn into the easier group of the two and she's pretty competent on all kinds of surfaces, so I'm happy to have a punt on her at 7.00, especially since I quite liked her back in Asia. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-sofia-betting-carla-suarez-navarro-might-be-worth-a-punt-in-the-tournament-of-champions

Re: October 27 - November 2 terrible way to end the week, again... apologize for that!!! updated bankroll: +159,1u Britt Geukens to beat Tess Sugneux (Oslo 10k)@2.75, bet365, 5/10 Geukens finished her Sharmel Sheikh campaign on a high note, reaching the semi final there beating 3 decent players on that run. Sugneux on the other hand is on a decline losing to Hofer and Horackova (2 players actually same or even worse than Geukens) badly her last 2 tournaments. Even the matches she has won were hard fought 3 setters against weaker opposition, so she is def not in form. Surface advantage is clear as she rarely polays onhard court, only when there is no other option. Geukens favors hard court and hopefully can save her form and get this one pretty easily! GL!

Re: October 27 - November 2

terrible way to end the week, again... apologize for that!!! updated bankroll: +159,1u Britt Geukens to beat Tess Sugneux (Oslo 10k)@2.75, bet365, 5/10 Geukens is now 3.40. Any news on something!? Geukens finished her Sharmel Sheikh campaign on a high note, reaching the semi final there beating 3 decent players on that run. Sugneux on the other hand is on a decline losing to Hofer and Horackova (2 players actually same or even worse than Geukens) badly her last 2 tournaments. Even the matches she has won were hard fought 3 setters against weaker opposition, so she is def not in form. Surface advantage is clear as she rarely polays onhard court, only when there is no other option. Geukens favors hard court and hopefully can save her form and get this one pretty easily! GL!
Geukens is now 3.40. Any news on something!? Or just money on the favourite come in?

Is there a reason Melzer is favourite despite being a hundred places lower in the rankings? Seems like a cracking bet on Lopez to me?!?
The rankings don't mean much here in all fairness, Melzer is probably actually the better player of the two indoors. Both guys are playing dreadfully at the moment, however, so this looks like a standard case of a wait-for-the-inplay-betting match.

Re: October 27 - November 2 Mai Minokoshi to beat Suzanne Celik (Margaret River 25k)@2.50, bet365,6/10 Mai in hot form, only losing to later champion Peterson last week, who did not lose a set all tournament. Mai has beaten better players than Celik the past week and is in a better form. This matchup is a pick'em at the least, therefore 2.5 represents value. GL!

Re: October 27 - November 2 Back David Goffin (-3.5) to beat Lukas Rosol for a 7/10 stake at 1.97 with Pinnacle I expect Goffin to bounce back straight away with a good win, especially since Rosol has been pretty dreadful recently. Things should be pretty one-sided from the back of the baseline. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/goffin-vs-rosol-betting-david-goffin-to-continue-his-run-of-good-results-in-paris

Re: October 27 - November 2 Back Joao Sousa to beat Gael Monfils for a 6/10 stake at 4.22 with Pinnacle Monfils hasn't played for more than a month, so I am happy to go against him at odds this high, especially since Sousa has beaten him indoors before (right before the break Monfils had to take actually). Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sousa-vs-monfils-betting-joao-sousa-looks-value-to-do-some-damage-against-gael-monfils

Re: October 27 - November 2 Back K.de Schepper/J.Chardy - Over 23 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.93 with Pinnacle The overs look like the right call to me here, as Kenny de Schepper looked unbreakable in the qualifiers. And the fact that Chardy isn't the greatest returner ever should help as well. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/de-schepper-vs-chardy-betting-a-long-match-should-be-on-the-cards-for-the-two-big-hitters-on-tuesday

Re: October 27 - November 2 Back Flavia Pennetta to beat Alize Cornet for a 7/10 stake at 1.85 with Pinnacle Pennetta has a handy 4-1 record against Cornet and I'd also rate her as the better player of the two overall at the moment, so 1.85 looks like a price worth taking to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pennetta-vs-cornet-betting-flavia-pennetta-can-start-her-sofia-campaign-with-a-win-over-cornet

Re: October 27 - November 2 Ivo Karlovic (-2.5 games) to beat Lucas Pouille @ 1.787 Pinnacle Pouille got two good wins in qualifying, but in these fast conditions against a big server who is in good form I don't think even home advantage will help him. Karlovic won a set against Federer last week and didn't need a tie-break to do it, so this line should be covered as long as the Croatian is able to break his inexperienced opponent. Pouille is still finding his feet at this level and he plays more on clay, and so this should be a tough match for him. I can see him taking a tie-break, but no more than that and so I'll play the game line rather than the set line.

Re: October 27 - November 2 2 pickS today for ATP PARIS: CHARDY-DE SCHEPPER OVER 22 GAMES @ 1.61 on pinnaclesports POUILLE-KARLOVIC OVER 22 GAMES @ 1.48 on pinnaclesports De Schepper with his big serve and big forehand will keep it a close match with the favorite Chardy. Pouille is a young talented French player, should keep it a close match with the favorite Karlovic.

Ivo Karlovic (-2.5 games) to beat Lucas Pouille @ 1.787 Pinnacle Pouille got two good wins in qualifying, but in these fast conditions against a big server who is in good form I don't think even home advantage will help him. Karlovic won a set against Federer last week and didn't need a tie-break to do it, so this line should be covered as long as the Croatian is able to break his inexperienced opponent. Pouille is still finding his feet at this level and he plays more on clay, and so this should be a tough match for him. I can see him taking a tie-break, but no more than that and so I'll play the game line rather than the set line.
it's everything but no fast conditions... one of the slowest hard courts

Re: October 27 - November 2 Guys what are you thoughts on Djokovic and Berdych? The whole situation with the baby around Djokovic makes me think how prepared and motivated is he going to be here. Will he be rested or exhausted cause the baby came just few days ago? Then on the other hand, he probably wants to win Paris to stay no.1. Berdych lost at his first round at Valencia and now he needs to make it to semi-finals if he wants a guaranteed spot in London. What are we going to see, a Berdych from Valencia or Berdych from Stockholm?

One of the slowest hard courts? Definitely not mate' date=' although yeah, it seems much slower than before, which is shame really. Surface homogenization not a good thing.[/quote'] I watched few matches yesterday (mannarino, sock, kohly) and for me it seems like IW and Miami, or even slower. Ofc, homogenization is surely awful

Guys what are you thoughts on Djokovic and Berdych? The whole situation with the baby around Djokovic makes me think how prepared and motivated is he going to be here. Will he be rested or exhausted cause the baby came just few days ago? Then on the other hand, he probably wants to win Paris to stay no.1. Berdych lost at his first round at Valencia and now he needs to make it to semi-finals if he wants a guaranteed spot in London. What are we going to see, a Berdych from Valencia or Berdych from Stockholm?
Fancy Djokovic, although the "baby" situation can go either way really. He didn't come to Paris last-minute, however, so I think that he'll be ready. Berdych has a fairly okay draw and I think that he'll win a few matches, even though he doesn't necessarily have to reach the SF, chances are that he will qualify even if he loses today as far as I know.

Re: October 27 - November 2 I never said Berdych can't qualify if he doesn't reach semi-finals, just that he will have a guaranteed spot in London if he does, considering other players are playing as well and that way it wouldn't matter how far does others go.

I never said Berdych can't qualify if he doesn't reach semi-finals' date=' just that he will have a guaranteed spot in London if he does, considering other players are playing as well and that way it wouldn't matter how far does others go.[/quote'] I never said that you did ;). Anyway, I think that he has an excellent chance of doing well - Mannarino should be easy, he beat Lopez last time out and Wawrinka looks poor at the moment (while Kevin Anderson just never does well against Berdych). Could be a very interesting Berdych-Federer semi.

Guys what are you thoughts on Djokovic and Berdych? The whole situation with the baby around Djokovic makes me think how prepared and motivated is he going to be here. Will he be rested or exhausted cause the baby came just few days ago? Then on the other hand, he probably wants to win Paris to stay no.1. Berdych lost at his first round at Valencia and now he needs to make it to semi-finals if he wants a guaranteed spot in London. What are we going to see, a Berdych from Valencia or Berdych from Stockholm?
Cuevas has also a baby, so ...

Ivo Karlovic (-2.5 games) to beat Lucas Pouille @ 1.787 Pinnacle Pouille got two good wins in qualifying, but in these fast conditions against a big server who is in good form I don't think even home advantage will help him. Karlovic won a set against Federer last week and didn't need a tie-break to do it, so this line should be covered as long as the Croatian is able to break his inexperienced opponent. Pouille is still finding his feet at this level and he plays more on clay, and so this should be a tough match for him. I can see him taking a tie-break, but no more than that and so I'll play the game line rather than the set line.
Fair to say I called this match wrong. Apologies to anyone who followed.

Re: October 27 - November 2 Back David Goffin (+1.5 sets) to beat David Ferrer for a 7/10 stake at 1.77 with Pinnacle Goffin showed no signs of fatigue on Tuesday and outplayed Rosol without much fuss, so I think that he'll be pretty competitive against Ferrer tomorrow as well. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/goffin-vs-ferrer-betting-david-goffin-has-what-it-takes-to-steal-a-set-off-david-ferrer

Re: October 27 - November 2 Back Jack Sock to beat Milos Raonic for a 7/10 stake at 3.30 with Betway Happy to go against Raonic once again, since the Canadian wasn't very convincing in Basel last week. Matches between the two tend to be very tight - and, given Raonic's current form, Sock might have enough to get that elusive win this time around. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sock-vs-raonic-betting-jack-sock-looks-value-against-milos-raonic-in-paris