** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Zenit Saint-Petersburg v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday November 4th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Zenit Saint-Petersburg v Bayer 04 Leverkusen (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]107.23 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Zenit Saint-Petersburg v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday November 4th 3pts Draw 5/2 Bet365 I would expect a fairly tight game here. Both sides will be eyeing up the win but home advantage helps out Zenit’s cause in getting revenge for their loss in Germany a fortnight ago. That match showed that Leverkusen can get it done against the Russians so both will go into this match firmly believing they can win. That often leads to both sides cancelling each other out and I can see that being the case here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zenit-vs-bayer-leverkusen-betting-tuesday-s-action-can-begin-with-a-stalemate

Re: Zenit Saint-Petersburg v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday November 4th Before this season Zenit had signed two top-class defensive players, CD Garay and DM Javi Garcia. Now it's become obvious that these signings have significantly improved Zenit defense. Of 10 home games this season, Zenit only conceded goals in 3, keeping clean sheet 7 times. Zenit won their last league game 1-0 away against direct competitor in the title race CSKA, again not allowing any goals. When Zenit and Bayer met in Levekusen two weeks ago, the hosts totally dominated the midfield, but in these circumstances the Zenit defense did rather well by not allowing Bayer to create many clear-cut scoring chances. Of the two goals scored by the hosts one came from a shot from distance which Zenit goalkeeper probably should have saved, and the other was a header from a set piece. In their last league game away to lowly Hamburg, Leverkusen didn't manage to score at all and lost 0-1. Based on all this information, I think there's a good chance that Zenit will not concede on Tuesday. At the other end, Hulk can always make a difference with his individual skill, also Danny typically creates a couple of good attacks in every game. Also, after the terrible performance by Zenit at Leverkusen the players reportedly had their collective butt kicked by the the management in some serious way, so I expect them to be very motivated, especially because this is a must win game for the hosts. Zenit to win in a low scoring game is my expectation of this fixture, something like 1-0 or 2-0.

Re: Zenit Saint-Petersburg v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday November 4th Taken a small punt on Zenit -0.25AH here. Zenit are a very good home side with top players in the side - Garay, Garcia, Rondon, Danny, Hulk, Witsel. There is a difference between having a few top players and being a top side but Zenit do usually perform at home and are CL regulars with plenty of experience in their ranks. Leverkusen have dropped off a bit after their good start to the season and remain unreliable away from home, generally their best successes - Zenit, Benfica, Schalke - have been at home and Zenit is certainly not an easy place to go, only been beaten twice there in the last 4 years in CL. They will be good in defence as usual with strong protection offered to the back 4, it might not be pretty but they have players who can create chances and I fancy them to scrap out a win here. Zenit -0,-0.5AH - 1.95 - bet365 - 2 Points