Announcements
*** Ascot Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. RUG, 2nd. Soi Bongkot & 3rd. Jediknight ***
** July Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, =2nd muttley, =2nd kevsul **
** June Naps Competition Result: 1st Kingdom for, 2nd Offramp, 3rd glavintobuy, 4th bymatrix. KO Cup Winner: Kingsom for, Most Winners: Johnrobertson **

NK Maribor v Chelsea > Wednesday November 5th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]NK Maribor v Chelsea (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: NK Maribor v Chelsea > Wednesday November 5th 4pts Chelsea to win to nil 11/10 Betfred This game has the potential to be as easy as Chelsea want it to be. We saw two weeks ago that there is a huge gulf in class between these two sides and that isn’t just going to close up in the time between these two facing each other. Chelsea will dominate possession and most likely territory too and I see them winning this game and just like at the Bridge they can win it without conceding. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/maribor-vs-chelsea-betting-the-blues-can-beat-the-slovenians-without-conceding-again

Re: NK Maribor v Chelsea > Wednesday November 5th I quite like Chelsea's handicap odds here. Chelsea completely dominated Maribor in the first game, winning 6-0 and Maribor hardly had a sniff of a goal. Here, Chelsea will qualify if they win tonight (but will almost certainly qualify anyway). Maribor though are probably out if they lose and really need to win to retain a good chance of qualifying. So Maribor are under pressure to get at least a draw, preferably a win. Deep down they probably don't believe they will qualify - but if they win here that would change. How will the two sides approach the game? Will Maribor go all out, which would set it up for goals and possibly a comfortable Chelsea win? Will Chelsea play a second string and take a 0-0 draw and risk losing? Maribor's manager says their priority is the league, and they will do their best. I'm tempted by Chelsea -1.5 at around evens, but I'll wait for now. UEFA preview: http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2015/matches/round=2000548/match=2014360/prematch/preview/index.html

Re: NK Maribor v Chelsea > Wednesday November 5th

It's almost certain Chelsea will rest players here. Costa is already out and some others may be saved for the "big" match at Anfield this weekend. I would hold off from backing Chelsea at current odds. Price should drift out a bit when team news is announced.
I'd agree, probably go even further and wait in-play. Chelsea do need to win as Schalke are right on their tails and they will want top spot, but worth waiting for teams and seeing how the game progresses early doors.

Re: NK Maribor v Chelsea > Wednesday November 5th Courtois,Ivanovic,Luis,Zouma,Terry,Fabregas,Oscar,Hazard,Matic,Willian,Drogba I think it's a decent line-up which should be enough to score 2-3 goals tonight.I won't go crazy about big handicap here but -1 sounds nice given the fact Maribor are concentrated on their local championship and Chelsea have an important derby on the weekend.

Re: NK Maribor v Chelsea > Wednesday November 5th

Courtois,Ivanovic,Luis,Zouma,Terry,Fabregas,Oscar,Hazard,Matic,Willian,Drogba I think it's a decent line-up which should be enough to score 2-3 goals tonight.I won't go crazy about big handicap here but -1 sounds nice given the fact Maribor are concentrated on their local championship and Chelsea have an important derby on the weekend.
Should be pointed out that this is a guess at the Chelsea line-up, not confirmed.

Re: NK Maribor v Chelsea > Wednesday November 5th Possible lineups Maribor: Handanovi?; Stojanovi?, Raj?evi?, Šuler, Viler; Vrši?, Mertelj, Filipovi?, Bohar; Ibraimi, Tavares. • Out: Meja? (hamstring) Chelsea: ?ech; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Cahill, Filipe Luis; Mati?, Fabregas, Ramires, Salah, Schürrle; Drogba. • Out: Remy (groin) • Doubtful: Diego Costa (hamstring) http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2015/matches/round=2000548/match=2014360/prematch/preview/index.html#maribor+chelsea

Re: NK Maribor v Chelsea > Wednesday November 5th Well with this lineup, should it be confirmed, I really dont see Maribor getting anything out of this match. I dislike matches, when the outcome is dependant solely on the favourite and their approach to this match. Maribor will surely be worked up, the atmosphere is booming around the city, so that is the only factor which might sharpen the home side tonight. But Chelsea, being who they are, definitely have what it takes to come away with a clean sheet, should they play for it. What bothers me here is Mourinho and his approach to "smaller games", I noticed with Reals fixture against APOEL, when they played only to win without the desire to make the victory convincing. Like he tends to offer certain amount of respect. Maribor is dreadful in home competition, underachieving in the most unlikely of matches, and given the balance of power this year, I cant see them winning the championship without a 100% focus on the domestic league. So not sure what to think of it honestly. I will probably cover FT Correct Score 0:1/0:2, and also a small punt on both teams to score, should Maribor surprise me.

Re: NK Maribor v Chelsea > Wednesday November 5th By just looking at the table, Maribor are well alive and kicking in this group. As far as I could remember they weren't that bad against either Sporting or Schalke. True enough, with Sporting winning their home match tonight and Maribor losing as it is generally expected things will look different tomorrow. This is far from settled though come kick-off and the hosts will have a go here for sure, regardless of pre-match statements and expectations. It's not like they are regulars in this competition every year. It is excellent that Chelsea fields a good squad tonight, actually any squad they field is that squad, but it will get the ball rolling, maybe an earlier goal then their usual bench performance. I like the hosts to score here for a small punt, they did missed a penalty at Stamford regardless of their inferior performance, and they generally do well on the counter with their passing against much stronger oppositions. It's not world class, but they should have it in them to create some opportunities for goal, especially at home. Generally speaking , I fancy maribor to surprise me at this kind of matches. A chelsea win with goals may be worth it, which is generally a horrible market, so a less horrible alternative is the simple btts, a good price at that mainly because the visitors are such a powerhouse. Btts and over for the cream @ bet365 looks alright.