** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ajax v FC Barcelona > Wednesday November 5th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ajax v FC Barcelona (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Ajax v FC Barcelona > Wednesday November 5th

Barcelona on a -1 asian handicap seems worth a medium-hige stake. Messi' date= Neymar and Suarez should tear apart the joke Ajax defense.
Always depends what the odds are doesn't it? (Best odds on that at the moment are 1.55) Here's some background information on the game and group ... Ajax need the points more. If they lose this game, they almost certainly won't be able to qualify as they would be too far behind PSG and Barcelona with only 2 games to play after this. If they did win, they would have a decent chance of qualifying. If Barcelona win, they will almost certainly qualify, and they will qualify on Wednesday unless APOEL beat PSG. The first game in Barcelona finished 3-1 to Barcelona. Last year, Barcelona won 4-0 at home, and Ajax won 2-1 in Amsterdam. I think over 2.5 goals looks likely, but the odds of 1.55 aren't attractive. Not sure where the value is here myself. Although in-play if Ajax are losing with a few minutes left, I would back more goals as Ajax will be pushing forwards trying to get some points to keep their chances of qualifying open (and improve their chances of finishing 3rd instead of 4th to go into the Europa League).

Barcelona on a -1 asian handicap seems worth a medium-hige stake. Messi' date=' Neymar and Suarez should tear apart the joke Ajax defense.[/quote'] Barca lost , with messi suarez and neymar, at camp nou, to celta vigo last saturday.... Ajax won 4-0. Last time they met in amstr ,barca lost, so that is risky tip u r giving me, mate

Any thoughts about this one ? Barcla lost against a medieocre Celta and Ajax won at home ?
Celta is by no means a mediocre team. I wonder how many games of Celta you watched|? I did many, including pre-season ones. The fact that they took 3 points at Camp Nou speaks for itself. Ajax won? Well, this was a surprise, right? Against a team most likely to get relegated, playing with 10 men for great part of the game, away to the Arena...Massive!? Both domestic games are absolutely irrelevant to the CL fixture tonight! CL is a different show, and many under- or overperform here. Dortmund rings a bell?

Barca lost , with messi suarez and neymar, at camp nou, to celta vigo last saturday.... Ajax won 4-0. Last time they met in amstr ,barca lost, so that is risky tip u r giving me, mate
You must be new to betting. If Team A beats Team B last season 2-1, it doesn't mean that Team A will beat Team B 2-1 this season. Team A (Barcelona) beat Team B (Celta) 3-0 in both matches last season, however Team A failed to beat Team B on Saturday - Team B won 1-0. If Barcelona on a -1 AH seems risky, I suggest you try over 0.5 goals in the match or Ajax not to win both halves.

Re: Ajax v FC Barcelona > Wednesday November 5th Ajax won 4-0 last weekend against the poorest team in the league. Also the score was only 1-0 till the 60th minute and then Dordrecht got an unfair red card. After that Ajax scored three more times so don't let that fool you. Under normal circumstances Ajax should lose by 3 or 4 goal difference. The thing is that Barcelona had a chance to do that at Nou Camp alteady but put the foot off the gas after the 2-0 because El Clasico was waiting the weekend after. If they give their full for 90 minutes Ajax don't have a chance at all. Barcelona -1 seems a save bet, if the odds are ok. People that refer to Ajax win over Barcelona last year must have forgotten Barcelona already qualified at that point and played without 6 regular starters. That game isn't a reference at all.

Re: Ajax v FC Barcelona > Wednesday November 5th Even though these clubs share a great history and Johan Cruijf is their talisman, If Barca finds an early goal they will rip this Ajax defense apart. Ajax did very well at home the last few seasons in the CL but they also lost with big numbers a few times against top teams. This barca side will be eager to impress and the results in the league have absolutely nothing to do with teams performing in europe. Just look at the results of some clubs in their domestic league and the cl for example Dortmund. Ajax made an important decision a few years ago giving their young talents a real chance to develop and signed some great ex players to take care of the youth academy. For example their Under 15, under 17 and under 19 are really impressive. Ripped PSG with 6-1 and totally outplayed Barca last game but due a red card the game still ended 2-2. Last year they lost the CL final on penalties against Inter while they've beaten all the big teams. Really something to look forward to but for now the quality and financial gap is too big. I smell an over game here say 1-3! Goodluck. Ps. Ajax under 19 defeated Barcelona again tonight with 1-0! Should be a great team in a few years if they can keep them on board!

Re: Ajax v FC Barcelona > Wednesday November 5th I will go for +3.5 goals in this game. Barcelona lost against Vigo, but this tells me nothing about the CL-Round. To compare things: Borussia Dortmund is 16th in ladder at the Moment in Bundesliga. They lost against Bayern Munich (2-1), Hanover 96 (0-1) but in the same timeline they won both legs against the G.Istanbul - away and yesterday at home in Signal Iduna Park. So, I don't think that someone is really thinking that Barca will not perform well in the Club Competition tonight. Ajax, as the others said lead only 1-0 before the Referee sent one Player of Dordrecht to the Bench. To strike another 3 times is nothing special against the worst Team in their League. But I thought about the last Years 2-1 from Ajax. They know how to manage a win against Barcelona and for me it is not the Strategy to wait until Barca strike the first goal. They will also Attack Ajax and want to disturb as a Team (De Boer said on UEFA.com). They will attack Barca and this means both Teams will be active. My Bet: +3,5 Goals