** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

WNBL 2014/15

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WNBL 2014/15

I marked Dandenong as -10 favourites here ... situation has me a little hesitant given the motivation for Melbourne but probably enough quality in the Rangers to get it done regardless.
hated the play the second I hit submit and got what I deserved... went against my usual capping M.O. can happen when you've won several in a row, you get a bit complacent ...

Re: WNBL 2014/15 Four West Coast starters less than 18mins (starters 45mins to Syd 66min @ HT)! Bit bemused why coach wouldn't be pushing hard for a win. Arguably prevented the cover!

hated the play the second I hit submit and got what I deserved... went against my usual capping M.O. can happen when you've won several in a row, you get a bit complacent ...
I know the feeling well. Find usually if it doesn't feel right it's not right - the right brain subconcious saying "you've got it wrong".

Re: WNBL 2014/15 Today; Melbourne +11.5 @ 1.95, a little straight up at 6.50 too. Not sure I'm ready to trust Bendigo off a block of special efforts. Marked it a lot closer. Bendigo-Melbourne UNDER 149.5 @ 1.95 143, 143 & 144 the other occasions they met and the sixth & seventh ranked teams invariably don't venture so high in such company. I'd envisage Bendigo will be more about honing defense than bothering to run at a tired opp (which was their strategy last time they met).

Canberra +5 Canberra under 145 Feel the under is fairly risky as canberra may continue to foul even if down 30.
:lol Well, all too true rather than laughing about it so much. The fact is her cut off point is about fifty with 2secs left but just have to take it considering strong probability will still be 130's come that point. Gave up the touch of juice and took UNDER 145.5 @ 1.90

Re: WNBL 2014/15 Watching that line out west with a possible interest in Melbourne ... knowing Guy Molloy, I'm pretty certain he'll still want the boomers to aim up and finish the season strong today. He's not the kind of the coach who takes days / nights off. still have to look at west coast and what sort of shape they're in ... IMO this slacking off that a few teams do when their ladder position is secure is a mistake ... Form, confidence, momentum ect can be so fleeting for individuals & teams and when you have it the last thing you want to do is lose it. Rangers have been guilty of it the last two weeks and to a lesser extent Bendigo. Will be interesting to see Townsville's approach today.

Re: WNBL 2014/15 Leading on from your timely comments, Dog&Under, this is why I'm trying Townsville tonight. Their season focus is clearly superior to Bendigo and I fancy them to lead by decent double digits by the time they sit. Townsville -5 @ 1.98 Shall watch the replay shortly but I suspect a slack Bendigo attitude was responsible for that TOTAL defying all the stats.

wow' date=' looks like tank is fully in vogue .... glad I steered clear of this final round minefield .... wonder what happens tomorrow when Rangers and Fire both try to mail it in !?[/quote']By the end of the night I may well be wishing I was taking binomial's lead. :( :clap

Re: WNBL 2014/15 Who's back between Macleod and Reuf is probably relevant too. Both were forecast to be back this week. I'd think Sydney are probably the one vulnerable to getting smashed off a high?? Got on today's OVER @ 161 before it blew out (mindful that I'm -8 units on TOTALS :spank). Not enough in tomorrows h'cap for me but did take Townsville straight up at odds from 1.56 to 1.45.

Re: WNBL 2014/15 Preliminary Final: Sydney 4.50 & +9.5 @ 1.90 Obviously I'm either lying or took it early but I do believe this is around an even money game. Bendigo's scrappy season has been evident the last three, which includes the Melbourne win they pinched. Not the lead-in you usually see from a team destined for anything and I'm not convinced a big build up for this will necessarily do the trick. Sydney virtually haven't had the full side together since early season when they topped the table - Cox & Reuf make a huge difference. I'm anticipating momentum rather than a letdown from Sydney and are still great value at 3.75 & +7.5.

Re: WNBL 2014/15 Grand Final: Townsville -6.5 @ 1.90 One where I'd probably expect a better showing from Bendigo but another blowout is possible too. Bendigo, despite a big build up, perhaps lose to Sydney had they got anything less from Kelly Wilson. Big difference between the two in season motivation. 6.5 @ 1.90 is on my limit and hopefully, if it is tight, fouling can help the bet cover.

Re: WNBL 2014/15 Seems the play although a bit tougher now having moved a point or so. When I started watching the last game early in the third i think bendigo were up by a point then didn't score for about an hour. Townsville have brutalised everyone at least some of the time at home so seems reasonable to expect an easy win has a decent chance.

Re: WNBL 2014/15 Yeah, as I said, 6.5 was my cutoff. Was kicking myself last week for not taking an in-play under at HT. 103 in a Bendigo game was always going to come to a screaching halt. Been somewhat tempted by the under today but the thought of perhaps some late fouling is just enough to tell me to leave it alone.