** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

WNBL 2014/15

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WNBL 2014/15 Hello Dog&Under, good to talk again. :ok Bit late to get here tonlght but have taken; Canberra @ 2.74 & +4.5 Jarry is missing, her replacement Standish not ready. I'm a bit of a season knock for Canberra, so hopefully the inclusion of Talbot (who looked great at Spring Shield) and Zavecs, as well as Veal adds some needed spark & enthusiasm into the group. I make this one evens. Season bets; Townsville @ 5.00 to win whole thing. Adelaide @ 2.75 to make top-4. Didn't win a Spring Shield game but played a lot of bench and enthusiasm in the squad was good. I give them a strong chance to even win the Premiership. Dandenong @ 11.00 for Wooden Spoon The huge inclusion of Pondexter but one of these eight clubs will finish last in a competitive season. Dandenong are well over the odds IMO.

Re: WNBL 2014/15 Yes, will have to wait and see exactly what we get from Pondexter after injury issues in WNBA season. Same with McLeod who just played the first Spring Shield game. Played; Melbourne @ 1.88 Obviously shorter price now but I'd still be taking 1.70's & -2.5 (just notice opened 1.90 TAB) Sydney +4 @ 1.95 Factoring in Spring Shield as well, we've got one travelled & tired team versus Sydney with a number of new but talented players who are on limited practice at Mitchell running the plays. All told I've managed to mark Sydney the favourite. Townsville @ 2.02 I'm very keen about Townsville having the better of Bendigo tonight, even now that they are into odds-on. I make Adelaide the slight favourite in the other game, so no bet there.

Re: WNBL 2014/15

Welcome to the WNBL west coast !?
Dandenong win a setback for Wooden Spoon bet but IMO will still need quite a few more to avoid last place. Was tempted by the 2.45 WCW TAB put up but decided to just sit back. Seems we all got nicely cashed up here but a good weekend for the bookies too. They were bitten on Friday but Melbourne, Canberra and Bendigo quite heavily backed yesterday. Sydney were out to +5 & 2.81 and Towsville right out to 2.05 after shortening early.

Re: WNBL 2014/15 This afternoon; Adelaide 2.72 & +4 @ 2.07 Dandenong got out of the blocks in sparkling form but it was also a lot about Melbourne IMO. Pre game body language suggested they didn't want to be there and they played like it. Adelaide winless through Spring Shield, then lost Rd-1 to a very good West Coast but the burden of traveling again. I believe they have too much talent to not be taken seriously and have actually marked them favorite at home, with the chance of a Dandenong let-down too.

Re: WNBL 2014/15 Been looking for a thread like this for quite some time. Hoping to bounce ideas with other punters who see how lucrative this league can be. Does anyone here know of any sites which record team total stats? I record them myself, but would love to save time. Quite happy to email anyone that would be interested in having a copy. Also as for the game last night, i noticed Dandenong only traveled with 7 players for the game, was anyone here aware of that before the game started ? So hard trying to find pre game info, this league has zero coverage outside of the weekly picknroll, wnbl and boti ngay previews.

Re: WNBL 2014/15 :welcome two4me! I compile my own TOTALS stats together with my own written reports. I doubt there's any site that does anything special. If you hunt around local papers and big papers like SMH, etc. you'll find there is a broader coverage. There's a couple other (non betting) chat sites too. As for Dandenong I didn't know they'd just take the seven (always a chance with a Thursday night game) but their biggest problem this year is likely to come once the starters need a seat, so there that was a factor in itself. That's why I was feeling pretty good once Adelaide were level at half time.

Re: WNBL 2014/15 Good to see some one else keeping a tight book. I have tried SMH on occasion, twitter/facebook by teams/players. Always nice to come across a bit of pivotal info like last night before game time. Should be an interesting season, stats so far are showing a much more balanced league. Makes for a good chance to catch a few underdogs.

Re: WNBL 2014/15 Ashtee, The only worry with Canberra is turnovers. I think they should keep it close. Bookies still pushing Dandenong as the run and gun team of last yr. I think West coast might take that spot this season, I noticed vs Townsville tomorrow the total is at 140, crazy with the way west coast pushed the tempo last week.

Re: WNBL 2014/15 was with you guys on the Caps earlier but passing on tonight's game... Was a little tempted by Sydney with the line pushing out to +4.5 but I just don't know enough about them yet ... Left it too late on the total, liked the under earlier today at 154 but dropped to 151 by the time I got a chance to look again this afternoon... still looks a tad high but couldn't take 151 knowing 154 was available.

was with you guys on the Caps earlier but passing on tonight's game... Was a little tempted by Sydney with the line pushing out to +4.5 but I just don't know enough about them yet ... Left it too late on the total' date=' liked the under earlier today at 154 but dropped to 151 by the time I got a chance to look again this afternoon... still looks a tad high but couldn't take 151 knowing 154 was available.[/quote']Wish I'd slept in a few hours myself! Thought I'd snaffled 2.25 just in time after shortened over night. They were out to 2.65 & +3.5 when I left for the game, so by the sounds it look like they drifted further?? Astonishing IMO, for a team with such depth and who were obviously excellent last week. Ruef was outstanding! No regrets about taking the under given the early trends and that "we will be a run & gun team" usually translates to UNDERS. That was some serious run & gun stuff tonight!

Canberra probably got closer then they deserved. Tough game to watch' date=' Canberra could do with a bit of composure coaching.[/quote']Turnovers, again but boards again! Thankfully too that Bishop had a blinder and she and Talbot made it through on four fouls each.

Re: WNBL 2014/15 its hard not to see canberra going close to winning it if Jackson plays sometime soon at greater than say 30% and they move past the ants in the pants style of play. jackson + bishop should combine for about 30 rebounds a game as I see it. Playing WC +9 and over.

Re: WNBL 2014/15 Rangers still the most over-valued team in the league imo... haven't kept a tally of their ATS record over the last two and a bit seasons but it's no doubt well and truly in the -ve ... they had no business walking into Bendigo with a single digit line.. grats to those who cashed in :cigar