** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th

To be fair' date=' us Northern Ireland fans expect scrappy, uneventful games. And we are rarely disappointed. :lol:[/quote'] I think Romania at home will be a bridge to far for the plucky Norn Iron. Romania looking a very much improved side in recent months. Good luck with whoever you are betting on ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams to score no in Germany v Gibraltar 1.22 on bet365. I'm on that for 15 Points.
What's the point in Bet365 sticking that up so close to the game? Must have checked Bet365 on an hourly basis this week. In saying that, that Walker shot was the reason I was iffy about a clean sheet, they've probably threatened more in that forty-five minutes than than San Marino have in the last forty-five matches. Would have taken that 1.22 though.

I think Romania at home will be a bridge to far for the pluck Norn Iron. Romania looking a very much improved side in recent months. Good luck with whoever you are betting on ;)
0-0 at H/T. I'm watching from behind the sofa :lol: Romania are the better team but, true to form, we are grinding like f*** to get that point!

What's the point in Bet365 sticking that up so close to the game? Must have checked Bet365 on an hourly basis this week. In saying that' date=' that Walker shot was the reason I was iffy about a clean sheet, they've probably threatened more in that forty-five minutes than than San Marino have in the last forty-five matches. Would have taken that 1.22 though.[/quote'] Didn't watch the first half, but from watching earlier games, I noticed Gibraltar seem to have a bit more a goal threat than San Marino, but they're (even) more open at the back too. I think I saw that BetVictor were around 1.16 or 1.18 for BTS NO before kick off.

Didn't watch the first half' date=' but from watching earlier games, I noticed Gibraltar seem to have a bit more a goal threat than San Marino, but they're (even) more open at the back too. I think I saw that BetVictor were around 1.16 or 1.18 for BTS NO before kick off.[/quote'] Yeah and if you put more than a fiver on it you would be banned by the final whistle..almost pointless quoting betvictor odds as they are impossible to take advantage of.

What's the point in Bet365 sticking that up so close to the game? Must have checked Bet365 on an hourly basis this week. In saying that' date=' that Walker shot was the reason I was iffy about a clean sheet, they've probably threatened more in that forty-five minutes than than San Marino have in the last forty-five matches. Would have taken that 1.22 though.[/quote'] I woke up for work this morning at about 6 and checked the odds on my phone (sad c*unt I know..:lol) and they were 1.22 then as well, I thought they would hold up till I got to work but they were 1.1 when I got there and I thought my chance was gone. Staggering that those odds held up 10 minutes into the game when it was clear they were just going to sit on the edge of their box. Germany were total pony.

Germany v Gibraltar Don't think anyone has admitted pulling the trigger on Germany yet, if so I'll be the first! Said in my initial post I think they will rack up double figures so I'll back them at -8.75AH (never thought I would be writing that). Germany are going to only be playing 3 at the back apparently and pushing more players into attacking positions which should help us, Gibraltar are the naivest side defensively I've seen at International level and they will target a goal above anything else. Their defence is a shambles and they leave gaps all over the place, whichever gk they use will be total pony as I've watched all of them in the past. The defensive resilience of a minnow like Andorra has been earned over many years and Gibraltar need plenty more experience before they can aim to keep the scoreline down, if fairness to them they play the game 'the right way' and will look to go forward when at all possible. If you need any further proof of the difference between the sides see this; :lol Brilliant. Difficult to know what will be available in-play, will certainly be looking to top up though if possible. Germany -8.75AH - 1.85 - bet365 - 5 Points
Ooooh, so close.

Romania v Northern Ireland I don't know what to expect here. Will both teams settle for a draw? We have a new manager - Anghel Iordanescu who already promised an attacking approach for this game. I don't think we suppose to be as short as 4/7 favourites against a team that are in top form and won away in Greece and Hungary. I think we can see some goals in this one with both teams scoring. Over 1,5 goals - @4/9 (bet365) Over 2,5 goals - @7/5 (bet365)
Romania - you beauty !!! At least one of them came in!!! Red-Yellow_Blue

Romania v N Ireland Romania have a new coach and some good attacking players. Northern Ireland won in Greece and Hungary and I think that makes them good value here at long odds. N Ireland DNB 5.0 Paddy Power Stake: 1 point N Ireland +1AH 1.77 Marathon Stake: 4 points Total stake: 5 points
Result: Romania 2 Northern Ireland 0 Both bets lost Total stake: 5 points Total return: nil Profit/loss = -5 points

Romania - you beauty !!! At least one of them came in!!! Red-Yellow_Blue
Well done mate. Romania were by far the better team and deserved to win. I hope you win the rest of your games in this group, except the game in Belfast!

Good luck' date=' but Low has said they'll play with as many attackers as possible, and only three defenders, as defenders in this type of game are unnecessary, and that they want to score as many as possible, so it's risky. I get the impression they really want to put Gibraltar to the sword tonight, we'll see.[/quote'] ..and the score finishes Germany 4 - 0 Gibraltar.:lol

..and the score finishes Germany 4 - 0 Gibraltar.:lol
Wasn't as if they were that battered either..how many shots did the Gibraltar keeper actually have to save? 2, 3? Can't remember more than that to be honest. Standard of finishing was pathetic.

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th There is always a shock result in these fixtures its just trying to figure out which one lol Greece have went right downhill in the last few years Scotland winning has opened the group right up, rode our luck and maybe a draw was a fair result but i will take the win either way.

There is always a shock result in these fixtures its just trying to figure out which one lol Greece have went right downhill in the last few years Scotland winning has opened the group right up, rode our luck and maybe a draw was a fair result but i will take the win either way.
Ye fully deserved the win JJG, no question about that. I thought Hanly should have got his marching orders early on, but ye had the best chances, and wanted to win the game more than we did. Hendrick is bloody useless, he was a disaster in midfield.

Wasn't as if they were that battered either..how many shots did the Gibraltar keeper actually have to save? 2' date=' 3? Can't remember more than that to be honest. Standard of finishing was pathetic.[/quote'] You're right from what I saw in the second half. Gibraltar looked more comfortable than in some of the earlier games. And Germany looked happy to go through the motions in low gear and pick up 3 points.

There is always a shock result in these fixtures its just trying to figure out which one lol Greece have went right downhill in the last few years Scotland winning has opened the group right up, rode our luck and maybe a draw was a fair result but i will take the win either way.
I have to disagree. Whereas in club football you get shocks every week, international shocks are rare. To have two in one night (Germany only scoring four is a big shock) is amazing. There probably won't be another result like the Faroe's for years. Germany was crazy. They didn't have a bad attitude, maybe just a lack of personnel. First time I noticed Kruse was about forty minutes in. That's often what happens when you put inexperienced players in, even against minnows. I went as high as 3.5 goals for any serious stake, so a bit of vindication there. Staggering result though, the odds for this game weren't like anything I've never seen, Over 3.5 was 1.02 at kick off on Betfair :eek

I have to disagree. Whereas in club football you get shocks every week, international shocks are rare. To have two in one night (Germany only scoring four is a big shock) is amazing. There probably won't be another result like the Faroe's for years. Germany was crazy. They didn't have a bad attitude, maybe just a lack of personnel. First time I noticed Kruse was about forty minutes in. That's often what happens when you put inexperienced players in, even against minnows. I went as high as 3.5 goals for any serious stake, so a bit of vindication there. Staggering result though, the odds for this game weren't like anything I've never seen, Over 3.5 was 1.02 at kick off on Betfair :eek
Fair point but i think the gulf in class is far bigger regards a team at bottom of a club league beating a team say in the top 4 and greece losing at home to the faroes for instance.

Armenia on +2 @ 1.85 with bet365 could easily be the bet of the round.Portugal are no world beaters and while they desperately need the 3 points Armenia will travel to Portugal to defend.Portugal struggle to break down the opponents who defend deep in their own half which was the case against Albania.They possess the ball but find it hard to give the final pass and Ronaldo seems to be the only one who has any idea what to do with the ball.Armenia on the other hand find it better to be on the road while at home.They feel like they should be leading the tempo on home soil which doesn't suit them and they struggle to gain a result.When they are away they defend and kick the ball upfront where their fast forwarders could cause a lot of damage to a slow defenders.We(Bulgaria)played a few games against them in rpevious years so i have watched them a few times and i know what to expect from them.Even though i doubt Armenia to get something from this game i think it won't be a blowout.Maybe1:0 or 2:0 would be the final score with Ronaldo on the scoresheet.
1:0 :ok

1:0 :ok
I read this the other day and it transpired exactly how you wrote it. I expected Armenia to get a good thrashing in all honest,y especially being away from home and Ronaldo being n such devastating form. Excellent analysis and a great bet, well done Simon. :ok

I have to disagree. Whereas in club football you get shocks every week' date=' international shocks are rare. To have two in one night [b'](Germany only scoring four is a big shock) is amazing. There probably won't be another result like the Faroe's for years. Germany was crazy. They didn't have a bad attitude, maybe just a lack of personnel. First time I noticed Kruse was about forty minutes in. That's often what happens when you put inexperienced players in, even against minnows. I went as high as 3.5 goals for any serious stake, so a bit of vindication there. Staggering result though, the odds for this game weren't like anything I've never seen, Over 3.5 was 1.02 at kick off on Betfair :eek
Not really crazy at all, since Germany have won the WC they have been in second gear in all their qualifiers in Euro 2016. They were lucky to beat Scotland, Poland beat them and Ireland drew with them away. Truth be told, they have been a shadow of the team that won the WC, maybe the motivation is lacking but this German team has been playing poorly in all their Euro 2016 qualifiers. Some of their most experienced and best players have retired - Lahm and Klose. They are bringing in new players as well so are going through a minor transition. I predicted that this game would be over at half time and so it was :nana, they were 3-0 up..woo hoo :), after that they just took it easy :cigar. Wasn't that big a shock at all. at all. I'm raging:@ I didn't but up Faroe Islands (Draw/No Bet)..was very close as I have been watching Greece closely since WC. They are on a huge downward spiral while Faroes can put in a decent performance. They have played some good teams and have drawn or only been beaten narrowly by them in the past . Something like that wasn't such a huge shock either :lol If you are serious about betting I would advise that you study the form closely ( eg. Greece have only scored one goal in their group and have only gained one point) and not be going on reputation alone, you will be broke in no time:rollin I notice that you rarely if ever put any tips up :eyes..please do so I know which bets to avoid lol ..only kidding :lol

Wasn't as if they were that battered either..how many shots did the Gibraltar keeper actually have to save? 2' date=' 3? Can't remember more than that to be honest. Standard of finishing was pathetic.[/quote'] True HastGill1, I think Germany are under motivated after their WC victory, they are also missing some important players through retirement and injury. Once they had the game won at half time, they weren't really that bothered, thats the impression I got from watching the highlights. Needless to say it was still a mediocre performance by them, but you just know that Germany are going to start producing the performances when it really matters in order to qualify.

Not really crazy at all' date=' since Germany have won the WC they have been in second gear in all their qualifiers in Euro 2016. They were lucky to beat Scotland, Poland beat them and Ireland drew with them away. Truth be told, they have been a shadow of the team that won the WC, maybe the motivation is lacking but this German team has been playing poorly in all their Euro 2016 qualifiers. Some of their most experienced and best players have retired - Lahm and Klose. They are bringing in new players as well so are going through a minor transition. I predicted that this game would be over at half time and so it was :nana, they were 3-0 up..woo hoo :), after that they just took it easy :cigar. Wasn't that big a shock at all. at all. I'm raging:@ I didn't but up Faroe Islands (Draw/No Bet)..was very close as I have been watching Greece closely since WC. They are on a huge downward spiral while Faroes can put in a decent performance. They have played some good teams and have drawn or only been beaten narrowly by them in the past . Something like that wasn't such a huge shock either :lol If you are serious about betting I would advise that you study the form closely ( eg. Greece have only scored one goal in their group and have only gained one point) and not be going on reputation alone, you will be broke in no time:rollin I notice that you rarely if ever put any tips up :eyes..please do so I know which bets to avoid lol ..only kidding :lol[/quote'] Doesn't really matter how bad the other games were, form goes out the window against someone like Gibraltar. And Germany haven't been that bad, imo. Beat Scotland, who are probably the second best side in the group. Beaten by Poland, who are improving, and drew against Ireland, who are also strong. Germany aren't at their best but to say that justifies only scoring four (one own goal in forty-five minutes of football) is wrong. Again, only imo. And the reason I don't post up my bets is because I only take very short priced stuff mostly these days, laying 0-0's, backing 1.5.

Doesn't really matter how bad the other games were, form goes out the window against someone like Gibraltar. And Germany haven't been that bad, imo. Beat Scotland, who are probably the second best side in the group. Beaten by Poland, who are improving, and drew against Ireland, who are also strong. Germany aren't at their best but to say that justifies only scoring four (one own goal in forty-five minutes of football) is wrong. Again, only imo. And the reason I don't post up my bets is because I only take very short priced stuff mostly these days, laying 0-0's, backing 1.5.
Germany were woeful against Scotland and Ireland, I watched both games. They were playing at about 45% of their ability and didn't create much esp against Ireland. Gibraltar as bad as they are would naturally have learned from their two spankings and Germany are so out of form that a 9, 10, 11, 12 thrashing just didn't look on the cards. I think Germany, Poland and Ireland will qualify from the group in all fairness.You really should do research if you want to get a half decent price and some money! Good luck with your impossibly short money on bets :lol.

Germany was crazy. They didn't have a bad attitude' date=' maybe just a lack of personnel. First time I noticed Kruse was about forty minutes in. That's often what happens when you put inexperienced players in, even against minnows. I went as high as 3.5 goals for any serious stake, so a bit of vindication there. Staggering result though, the odds for this game weren't like anything I've never seen, Over 3.5 was 1.02 at kick off on Betfair :eek[/quote'] In hindsight (always easier ;)) I should have taken more notice of all the pre-match newspaper hype about new records being broken in this game. Like this story from the Mirror ... "Germany v Gibraltar: a record-breaking night in store" http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/germany-v-gibraltar-record-breaking-night-4628950

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th Ireland were absolutely useless yesterday. Midfield went completely missing but the fullbacks and wide players just ignored them half the time. Coleman and Ward were basically hitting long balls into the corners all game for our forwards to chase and it didn't help that when McClean and McGeady actually got on the ball they continued down the line rather than looking inside to switch the play. We made defending easy for the Scots and we're not going to beat anyone decent sides if we're that poor and unproductive in possession.

Germany were woeful against Scotland and Ireland' date=' I watched both games. They were playing at about 45% of their ability and didn't create much esp against Ireland. Gibraltar as bad as they are would naturally have learned from their two spankings and Germany are so out of form that a 9, 10, 11, 12 thrashing just didn't look on the cards. I think Germany, Poland and Ireland will qualify from the group in all fairness.You really should do research if you want to get a half decent price and some money! Good luck with your impossibly short money on bets :lol.
I probably spend about forty hours in a week on my betting research :) Belarus may be a bit of value tonight. They only lost 2-1 in this fixture in the last qualifiers and Spain are missing four key players in Iniesta, Fabregas, Silva and Diego Costa. We saw with Germany how a big side can struggle when the reserves come in. If you look at their squad it's fairly unimpressive: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain_national_football_team#Current_squad