** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 14 November 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Georgia v Poland (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.95 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Germany v Gibraltar (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]56[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]96[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Greece v Faroe Islands (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.18[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]18[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.13 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Hungary v Finland (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.85 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Portugal v Armenia (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.11[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]12[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]26[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Romania v Northern Ireland (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.95 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Scotland v Republic of Ireland (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.34[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Serbia v Denmark (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.26[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.23 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th The question for me is how many will Germany knock past Gibraltar? Gibraltar are the most naive defensive side I've ever seen at International level - even worse than San Marino - they do try to play football though and spring a few attacks which is the last thing they should be doing against the Germans but I can't see them being ultra defensive like San Marino or Andorra would be. They are very open from defence to midfield and even Ireland had plenty of joy in this area. I will be interested to see what the handicap line is, I imagine -8? IMO Germany will probably get to double figures, not the sort of side to ease off either.

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th Can see it going into double figures definetly. What are we thinking would be a fair price for a Germany clean sheet? Surely a certainty. Not really up on any sites yet apart from Bet365 which has it at 1.16. Was hoping for slightly better but one to watch elsewhere as the price often starts ok but tumbles fast.

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th I see Thomas Muller is 6/1 with Corals for a hatrick. Can't bet this crowd myself, bit if you could be sure he would get an hour min, then would have to be of interest. Robbie Keane and Robert Lewandoski have both done it in Gibraltars two games against better teams to date. Think I remember Lewandoski being 5/2 with B365 for the same bet - horrible price that but 6/1 looks BIG. Sent from my HTC One using PL Forum

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th

I see Thomas Muller is 6/1 with Corals for a hatrick. Can't bet this crowd myself, bit if you could be sure he would get an hour min, then would have to be of interest. Robbie Keane and Robert Lewandoski have both done it in Gibraltars two games against better teams to date. Think I remember Lewandoski being 5/2 with B365 for the same bet - horrible price that but 6/1 looks BIG. Sent from my HTC One using PL Forum
Well he's certainly in form at the minute... B1_Wif0CAAAsh_P.jpg

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th Armenia on +2 @ 1.85 with bet365 could easily be the bet of the round.Portugal are no world beaters and while they desperately need the 3 points Armenia will travel to Portugal to defend.Portugal struggle to break down the opponents who defend deep in their own half which was the case against Albania.They possess the ball but find it hard to give the final pass and Ronaldo seems to be the only one who has any idea what to do with the ball.Armenia on the other hand find it better to be on the road while at home.They feel like they should be leading the tempo on home soil which doesn't suit them and they struggle to gain a result.When they are away they defend and kick the ball upfront where their fast forwarders could cause a lot of damage to a slow defenders.We(Bulgaria)played a few games against them in rpevious years so i have watched them a few times and i know what to expect from them.Even though i doubt Armenia to get something from this game i think it won't be a blowout.Maybe 1:0 or 2:0 would be the final score with Ronaldo on the scoresheet.

Armenia on +2 @ 1.85 with bet365 could easily be the bet of the round.Portugal are no world beaters and while they desperately need the 3 points Armenia will travel to Portugal to defend.Portugal struggle to break down the opponents who defend deep in their own half which was the case against Albania.They possess the ball but find it hard to give the final pass and Ronaldo seems to be the only one who has any idea what to do with the ball.Armenia on the other hand find it better to be on the road while at home.They feel like they should be leading the tempo on home soil which doesn't suit them and they struggle to gain a result.When they are away they defend and kick the ball upfront where their fast forwarders could cause a lot of damage to a slow defenders.We(Bulgaria)played a few games against them in rpevious years so i have watched them a few times and i know what to expect from them.Even though i doubt Armenia to get something from this game i think it won't be a blowout.Maybe 1:0 or 2:0 would be the final score with Ronaldo on the scoresheet.
Different scenario now though. New coach for Portugal, who won the Euro's with Greece and describes this as his dream job. Made a good start by beating Denmark. Nani appears to be in good form too. I think Portugal are actually one of the naps of the round, but they're priced as such. Armenia are so hot and cold I wouldn't rule out a spanking.

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th Romania v Northern Ireland I don't know what to expect here. Will both teams settle for a draw? We have a new manager - Anghel Iordanescu who already promised an attacking approach for this game. I don't think we suppose to be as short as 4/7 favourites against a team that are in top form and won away in Greece and Hungary. I think we can see some goals in this one with both teams scoring. Over 1,5 goals - @4/9 (bet365) Over 2,5 goals - @7/5 (bet365)

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th Reus injured again. I think their squad has to put some doubts in a really high score. We know how capable Kroos, Muller and Gotze are, but as good a players as Volland and Kruse and such are it's unlikely to see such inexperienced players filling their boots, and they obviously aren't on the same level as Ozil and Reus.

The question for me is how many will Germany knock past Gibraltar? Gibraltar are the most naive defensive side I've ever seen at International level - even worse than San Marino - they do try to play football though and spring a few attacks which is the last thing they should be doing against the Germans but I can't see them being ultra defensive like San Marino or Andorra would be. They are very open from defence to midfield and even Ireland had plenty of joy in this area. I will be interested to see what the handicap line is' date=' I imagine -8? IMO Germany will probably get to double figures, not the sort of side to ease off either.[/quote'] It's around -9 at the moment. It can often be dangerous backing teams to win by large handicaps on the basis of previous results (e.g. say a team has lost its last two games by six goals, then back them to do the same again) - but this might be an exception, because, as you say, Gibraltar tend to play an open style. I'm pretty sure this is Gibraltar's biggest game in recent years - and there's a good chance they might be overawed when the goals start going in. I still think you need to be careful backing Germany on big handicaps though ... :)

What are we thinking would be a fair price for a Germany clean sheet? Surely a certainty.
No certainties in betting :ok Gibraltar do have some decent attackers from memory and did go close to scoring at home to Poland I seem to remember. I would think if you can get anywhere around 1.3 it would be worth taking.

No certainties in betting :ok Gibraltar do have some decent attackers from memory and did go close to scoring at home to Poland I seem to remember. I would think if you can get anywhere around 1.3 it would be worth taking.
1.3 would be a dream price, can't see it happening. -9AH would be a mad handicap to bet on :lol..I don't think I would have the balls to play it to be honest. Gibraltar concede goals in batches as I've said before. Wouldn't surprise me if it was 0-0 after 15 minutes then the floodgates open and they are 4-0 down after 30, they are that kind of side. Nothing appealing betting wise for me currently.

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th scotland v republic ireland Ireland have started well and as a scotsman i fear we wont be able to stop them taking anything from this game, i can denifinetly see us conceding a goal so i think the draw is the best we can get or hope for , james mcarthy has been ruled out for ireland as has whelan so their midfield will be a bit weaker but not enough , hutton and bardsley out for scotland and still snodgrass who would have gave us a big chance of sneaking a win if he was fit IMO , i think we will score with the threat of fletcher, naismith and maloney but also concede too with shane long in good form his club i think he may start with keane unless they go with keane up front alone. its a toughy to call so i am taking BTTS and the draw bet 365 4/1 and a single on BTTS only 11/10 bet365

scotland v republic ireland Ireland have started well and as a scotsman i fear we wont be able to stop them taking anything from this game, i can denifinetly see us conceding a goal so i think the draw is the best we can get or hope for , james mcarthy has been ruled out for ireland as has whelan so their midfield will be a bit weaker but not enough , hutton and bardsley out for scotland and still snodgrass who would have gave us a big chance of sneaking a win if he was fit IMO , i think we will score with the threat of fletcher, naismith and maloney but also concede too with shane long in good form his club i think he may start with keane unless they go with keane up front alone. its a toughy to call so i am taking BTTS and the draw bet 365 4/1 and a single on BTTS only 11/10 bet365
Deffo a toughy mate, one of those games that could go either way but it looks like our central midfield will be Gibson and Hendrick which is very weak and a big worry. Can't see Long starting myself, Keane up top with McGeady and Hoolihan/Walters in behind on the wings. My own personal hunch is Under 2.5 Goals, can see both sides reluctant to give much away, and I am certain Ireland would take a 0-0 now if it was handed to us.

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th I think Romania vs N. Ireland is bang on to be under 2.5 goals. The guests will park the bus while the hosts will struggle to get an opening. Eventually i think Romania will score, but not a lot. Romania have a new coach as well. May find it tricky to adapt in the first game.

Different scenario now though. New coach for Portugal' date=' who won the Euro's with Greece and describes this as his dream job. Made a good start by beating Denmark. Nani appears to be in good form too. I think Portugal are actually one of the naps of the round, but they're priced as such. Armenia are so hot and cold I wouldn't rule out a spanking.[/quote'] I have to agree here, as a portuguese. Good exhibition against France despite the loss, and a very complicated but deserved win against Denmark in their home (1-0). With the news of Serbia x Albania both losing 3 points, Portugal have a big chance to became group leaders. The whole group seems very motivated from the flash interviews and official press conference interviews. Fernando Santos will not rest any main players for this clash as everyone knows by now that Armenia are a very complicated national squad to face. Still doubts about if Portugal will play in 4-4-2 diamond or 4-3-3, but I'm considering 4-3-3. Main XI should be Rui Patricio; Raphael Guerreiro, Bruno Alves, Pepe, Cedric; William Carvalho, Tiago, João Moutinho; Ronaldo, Danny, Nani. Vieirinha could also play as a right-back, or Adrien Silva in the spot of William Carvalho, but should be something like this. Sure, Armenia are a tough time and could cause us a lot of problems. Mkhitaryan and Moivysian are serious threats on the counter and Portugal defensive line should be warned by them. Armenia also knows how to shut up shop efficiently and their counters are lethal. Portugal must not underestimate them. If they don't, I think this match will be much more straightforward than most of the people think. Especially if Portugal scores early. I believe the real deal for Portugal unlocking this match is by scoring 1 or 2 goals as early as possible. But even if that does not happen, I can't see Armenia holding out a very confident and motivated Portugal squad at the moment, and I predict that even if Portugal concede once, Portugal will be able to score three goals. The fans are already united with the national squad against as well, so support tomorrow will be massive! And with Portugal Over 2.5 TG available at 2.1, I would definitely bet on it. EDIT: Update about the weather in my post below. Careful if you go on with this bet.

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th Scotland -v- Ireland, Friday 14th November 7.45pm GMT Scotland will host Ireland at Celtic Park tomorrow night in the fourth EURO 2016 qualifier for both teams in group D. This is perhaps the most eagerly anticipated fixture in the group, given that neither Celtic nation have played each other in a competitive fixture since 1987. It'll be a tense affair between both teams on the night, not only because of the British Isles/Celtic rivalry, but also since both teams retain genuine belief they can qualify for EURO 2016 in the second automatic place, or even through the 3rd place play-off. After three games, Scotland sit on four points, with a 1-0 win at home to Georgia, a 2-2 draw away against Poland and a 2-1 away loss to Germany. Ireland sit on 7 points, with two wins, 2-1 away to Georgia and 7-0 at home to Gibraltar, and a 1-1 away draw with Germany. Prior to the start of this qualification campaign, both teams would have assumed Germany would finish first, while the 2nd spot would be up for grabs between themselves and Poland. After 3 games, Germany have lost away to Poland, and drawn at home to Ireland, and perhaps there's the possibility that Germany will not finish first; either way, it's almost absolutely certain that Germany will qualify in first place, and failing that, through second place. Therefore the likes of Ireland, Scotland and Poland must do as they originally set out to do and aim to finish in one of the automatic qualification places. Scotland will be confident, given that they took a point from Poland in their most recent game. Indeed, they were winning the game in Warsaw for almost 20 minutes, before Poland did equalise with only 15 minutes remaining. Scotland's three performances so far have been credible. A narrow defeat against Germany was not something to be negative about, given that Scotland performed well and admirably in Dortmund. A difficult home fixture with Georgia was overcome with all three points, although the performance may not have been as good. That didn't matter though, because Scotland went and drew with Poland in Warsaw. All these results and performances mean that Gordon Strachan's Scotland come into this game high in confidence, and with a belief they can beat Ireland tomorrow night. But I'm not convinced they can. Why? Well firstly, Scotland are very much like Ireland. A team who flatter to deceive and who are better at performing when they're the underdog and when they're not expected to pick up a result. Furthermore, Celtic Park is arguably a neutral venue, given that it's home to Glasgow Celtic, who have strong links with Ireland. Irish manager Martin O'Neill managed Celtic in his most successful spell as manager, while assistant manager Roy Keane, Irish captain Robbie Keane and Irish winger Aiden McGeady all played for Celtic. Many Irish people will be at the game on Friday night. Scotland are also missing quite a number of important players. Goalkeeper Allan McGregor is not involved, due to a shoulder injury he sustained in October. Alan Hutton is injured and won't take up the right full-back role, while Phil Bardsley who came into the squad to most likely replace Hutton, also picked up an injury last weekend. It means Strachan will reshuffle his pack, and likely play natural left-back Steven Whittaker at right full-back, while the young rising star Andrew Robertson will start at left back. Scotland are also without arguably their best player; Robert Snodgrass. He suffered a serious knee injury in his debut performance for Hull at the start of the season, and Scotland will undoubtedly miss his dynamism. There are other names who Strachan has decided not to call upon, including Charlie Adam and Ross McCormack, who would all make Scotland a stronger force. What's more is the reality that this Scottish team don't have as much experience as the Irish team. Experience is a huge factor in football, and most especially in the heavily-organisation-focused international game. However, of course experience alone isn't a decider; because a team with lots of experience, but who are full of old players are likely going to suffer against a young team due to a lack of pace. That's not the case when Scotland and Ireland are compared. In fact, amazingly enough, both teams' most likely starting line-ups have an average age of 27.7 years. That's a really amazing coincidence. However, Scotland can only boast 22 average international caps between those players, while Ireland can boast 35 average international caps. That's an extremely important strength for Ireland to possess, in a game where they'll be looking to stop Scotland's ambitions of winning the game. They can boast 60% more international playing team, and some of those players can also boast playing at the previous EURO 2012 tournament too. It's an important factor in my opinion. I've also analysed which players are in form and which aren't. Both teams' defence can boast in-form players and personnel, and likewise both attacks can do likewise, with Scotland arguably having an edge. However, Scotland's two likeliest starting attackers only have 5 international goals between them (Steven Fletcher, 1 international goal in 17 international games and Steven Naismith, 4 international goals in 32 international games). Ireland will either start with Robbie Keane (65 international goals) or Shane Long (11 international goals), and therefore that's another important element to factor. However, it's in midfield where in my opinion Ireland are slightly better prepared. None of Scotland's likely starting midfielders are standing out this season yet with good club performances. Ireland have slightly better form to call upon from their midfielders, with Jeff Hendrick being in especially good form coming into this game. Another advantage Martin O'Neill has for this game is the fact he can call upon Seamus Coleman; in my opinion he is Ireland's best player at present. He was injured for Ireland's dramatic 1-1 draw against Germany. Seamus Coleman will definitely start at right back. That said, Ireland do have injury concerns. Ireland are without Wes Hoolahan, who has been a late-blooming important playmaker for this Irish team, and who was instrumental in the build-up to Ireland's equaliser against Germany. Joining him as unavailable is Marc Wilson, who would likely have started at centre-half or left-back if he was fit. It means Derby's vice-captain Richard Keogh will start instead at centre-half, and actually he's also in great form so it's not a huge blow to Ireland. The loss of James McCarthy through injury today however is a big loss for Ireland, and together with the absence of Glen Whelan, Ireland are a bit short in midfield options. James McCarthy is a very talented player, whom Ireland would have preferred to have for this big game. I expect Ireland's line-up to be something like this; Forde; Coleman, Ward, Keogh, O'Shea; Quinn, Hendrick, Gibson, McGeady, Walters; Keane/Long. That team is absolutely capable of getting a draw in this fixture, and possibly even a better result. I'm therefore tipping Ireland +0.25AH at 1.961 odds. This is a great opportunity for both teams, but I feel Ireland are the team with real contentions to get their desired result. Scottish-born Aiden McGeady is likely to be heavily booed during the game, and actually I believe this will spur him on to perform. Aiden McGeady will be well used to such atmosphere given that he regularly suffered booing playing in Old Firm games for Celtic. For all the reasons I've outlined above, I don't believe Scotland can win this game. Their narrow 1-0 win at home to Georgia should be reason enough to doubt their abilities when expected to win. An own goal on the 28th minute in that game was the only game to give them the 3 points. Ireland are a much better team than Georgia, and Ireland go to Celtic Park knowing a point will be a good result, but also knowing they're fully capable of winning the game. As I said earlier, Scotland are full of confidence for this fixture, but it shouldn't be forgotten that the Irish camp is as confident given their own successful results. It's sure to be a wonderful game and I recommend minimum value on this line at 1.90 odds. Good luck! My pick: Ireland +0.25AH @ 1.961 odds with Pinnacle (3/10 stakes)

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th Nice write up Batig, but I don't understand how Ireland are better prepared in midfield. Missing out best midfielder by far McCarthy and probably our second choice midfielder Whelan. Gibson has not had much game time over the last year or so and although Hendrick is playing well for Derby, that is Championship football. You mention experience is very important in these games and Hendrick has only played 9 times for Ireland. I also don't agree with your comments about Naismith and Fletcher, Keane has scored 65 goals for Ireland but that will count for little tomorrow night, he is now 34 nearing the end of his career, his legs are nearly gone and he struggles to see out 90 minutes, basically he is nowhere near the player he was, although he still has his finishing touch. Naismith is a very dangerous player and is having the season of his life, how many goals he has scored for Scotland is completely irrelevant, he is an unselfish player that will cause us huge problems. Richard Keogh, again only has 5 caps and again is a championship player, so is experience important or is it not??

Different scenario now though. New coach for Portugal' date=' who won the Euro's with Greece and describes this as his dream job. [/quote'] I think you are mistaking Fernando Santos for Otto Rehagel.

but I don't understand how Ireland are better prepared in midfield. Missing out best midfielder by far McCarthy and probably our second choice midfielder Whelan. Gibson has not had much game time over the last year or so and although Hendrick is playing well for Derby' date=' that is Championship football.[/quote'] Every Irish fan knows Whelan, although a really good worker, is a dreadfully limited footballer. We have Stephen Quinn, Robbie Brady, and even Aiden McGeady who can do a job in midfield, and who are getting regular enough football in the Premier League. Darron Gibson has got a decent amount of game time through the league, Europa League too. Of the players likely to start for Scotland, they only have James Morrison who is getting regular game time in the Premier League in central midfield. Darren Fletcher has 25 minutes since August. Hendrick is a Premier League standard midfielder, you wait and see. Also we have McGeady and Walters who will likely start on the wing, who are playing in the Premier League. Scotland will likely start with Anya and Maloney, both championship players. I made an average of all the players likely to start. 35 average caps -v- 22 average caps. Anya has 9 caps for Scotland.

1.3 would be a dream price, can't see it happening. -9AH would be a mad handicap to bet on :lol..I don't think I would have the balls to play it to be honest. Gibraltar concede goals in batches as I've said before. Wouldn't surprise me if it was 0-0 after 15 minutes then the floodgates open and they are 4-0 down after 30, they are that kind of side. Nothing appealing betting wise for me currently.
Gibraltar lost 7-0 away to Ireland and 7-0 at home to Poland. You could say, well if Ireland and Poland can beat them 7-0, surely the World Champions will win by at least 10. In recent years, Germany have run up these scores at home to 'minnows' 4-0 to Liechtenstein 3-0 to Malta 6-0 to San Marino You could argue that Gibraltar are a lot less experienced than any of those countries. It's very hard to say what will happen. My gut feeling is a score somewhere between 6-0 and 11-0. A big 'No Bet' from me, but could be a worthwhile in-play one if you are watching the match and can predict the final score with some degree of success :)

Every Irish fan knows Whelan, although a really good worker, is a dreadfully limited footballer. We have Stephen Quinn, Robbie Brady, and even Aiden McGeady who can do a job in midfield, and who are getting regular enough football in the Premier League. Darron Gibson has got a decent amount of game time through the league, Europa League too. Of the players likely to start for Scotland, they only have James Morrison who is getting regular game time in the Premier League in central midfield. Darren Fletcher has 25 minutes since August. Hendrick is a Premier League standard midfielder, you wait and see. Also we have McGeady and Walters who will likely start on the wing, who are playing in the Premier League. Scotland will likely start with Anya and Maloney, both championship players. I made an average of all the players likely to start. 35 average caps -v- 22 average caps. Anya has 9 caps for Scotland. That's your opinion, and I agree Robbie Keane is past his best and also that Naismith is in-form. But you cannot deny that Fletcher has a terrible record; 1 goal in 17 games. Again, I'm just comparing like for like. We have Long who has 11 international goals; twice as many as both Fletcher and Naismith, with the same number of caps. David Marshall has 14 caps, Steven Whittaker has 26 caps, Grant Hanley has 15 caps, Russell Martin 14 caps, Andrew Robertson has 3 caps. Their defence has a total number of caps of 72 John O'Shea has 100 caps. David Forde 22, Seamus Coleman 24, Stephen Ward 28, and Richard Keogh 5. Our defence has a total number of caps equal to 179. Over 100 more caps of experience. That's a pretty telling statistic.
whelan is dreadful, no doubt about that. I just think you are under-estimating this Scottish side personally, a draw for Ireland would be a fantastic result in my eyes. They outplayed Germany away and we got battered for 90 minutes, there was no justice in us getting a draw in Germany but nobody would have begrudged Scotland a result that night.. Strachan is getting some tune out of his team and they will be up for it. No bet for me, just hope the green army get a result .

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th I'm glad I didn't stake my bet on Portugal Over 2.5 TG for now. Looks like bad weather is coming up for tomorrow in Portugal, and the Algarve stadium will be affected. This is clearly bad for Portugal and good for Armenia. I think I will make it a NO BET for now.