** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday November 15th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 15 November 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Austria v Russia (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.44[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]England v Slovenia (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Luxembourg v Ukraine (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.37[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Moldova v Liechtenstein (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.28[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]14[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]San Marino v Estonia (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]23[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FYR Macedonia v Slovakia (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Montenegro v Sweden (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.95[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.92 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Spain v Belarus (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.09[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]13[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]36[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Switzerland v Lithuania (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.27[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.07 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 5 weeks later...

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday November 15th England v Slovenia Fancy the England win to nil option here, price likely to come down over the next two days. England are nothing special but generally consistent in qualifying, nothing spectacular but eager to keep it tight at the back and likely to get at least 1 at the other end. England haven't conceded a goal in the 5 games since the WC and Slovenia haven't scored in 5 of the last 6 away. There aren't really many goals in the Slovenia team apart from 35 year old Novakovic who has scored 3 in 2 qualifiers to date, they have a few half decent players but are solid rather than exciting. To to fair there isn't much to get excited about in the England team, very few players are in form but they will be solid defensively as usual against the average sides of Europe, the back 4 is pretty set and Hart is a good goalkeeper. Hodgson will play quick attacking midfielders as usual and they should be able to get through the Slovenia defence at least a couple of times considering the difference in quality. Switzerland battered Slovenia in the opening qualifier which they lost 1-0, Inter keeper Handanovic had a blinder, I personally don't think they are anything special and wouldn't price the win to nil over 1.7. England to Win to Nil - 1.83 - bet365 - 4 Points

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday November 15th What do you guys think about Moldova vs, Liechtenstein, Moldova to win to nil @ 1,6? Liechtenstein are yet to score away from home in this edition, and Moldova are overall a better team. I was impressed by their defense against Russia. And the usually don't ship many goals.

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday November 15th San Marino v Estonia The usual for me. 1.36 seems reasonable for a side like Estonia to win to nil against San Marino. Estonia have a few decent players and you only need to look at recent results to see they should be able to win this by 2 or more. Footballing super power they ain't but they beat Norway away 1-0 on Wednesday which is a decent result even if Norway are nothing special these days. They nearly held out against England at home despite being down to 10 men for half the game. The concern is that they don't score many away from home - which is certainly true and I wouldn't be playing them on any handicaps. If they do score they aren't likely to try and rack up a score the 3 points will be the priority but San Marino are just so bad it is difficult to see them taking the game to Estonia or creating any chances unless it's from a set piece which is certainly the chief danger. Might top up if bet365 increase the price which based on previous experience is certainly a possibility. Estonia to Win to Nil - 1.36 - 8 Points

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday November 15th Saturday TV previews: 4pts England to win to nil 20/23 Boylesports I expect England to win this without too many difficulties but you won’t have got rich backing England on many handicaps recently. The positive is that England are yet to concede a goal in this group and that is a record I believe they will keep intact here so I quite like the look of England winning to nil against a Slovenia side who will probably look to protect their position in the group rather than offer too much. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-slovenia-betting-england-can-pick-another-another-group-win-without-conceding 3pts Austria vs Russia - Draw 11/5 Betfred This is a pretty tight group and as such most of the matches have been tight in it. I see this as being another one of those. England fans know that Fabio Capello isn’t the most expansive manager in the world and it remains to be seen whether Austria have the quality to break them down. Russia aren’t the biggest scorers in the world either so this has all the makings of being tight to me so I quite like the draw here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/austria-vs-russia-betting-this-one-can-be-another-tight-game-in-group-of-close-matches 4pts Belarus (+2.75AH) to beat Spain 1.95 Bet365 Spain will win this game barring one of the more unlikely set of events you could think of so the question is how many will they win by. At this stage of the season though it might just be about doing enough to win for Spain and given that they are missing some really big players here they might not run up the sort of cricket score that they could do so although I think Belarus will lose they could be value with a 2.75 goal start. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/spain-vs-belarus-betting-belarus-can-avoid-a-cricket-score-in-madrid

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday November 15th Macedonia - Slovakia After winning all three matches we have a wonderful opportunity to make another step towards the Euro, and some of the circumstances may play in our favour. One of the best macedonian players Ibraimi was ruled out for this game a couple of days ago and today boty defender Georgievski and striker Jahovic were sent out from the squad because of conflict at the training. Honestly, I dont know much about their importance for home squad but it is not good news for Macedonia anyway. On the other hand, our squad seems to be fit and prepared, even that we heard about some problems of Mak and Hamsik, both should be ok. Personally, I expect a defensive approach from home side which will be tough to break and I think that we wouldnt be extremely offensive as well. So that given I dont expect many goals and I am seriously consider our win with smallest possible margin. Sorry for Simple post, not comfortable with long post mobile writing. Good luck! Slovakia to win by 1 goal - @3.65 - Marathonbet

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th Estonia are available at around 1/6 to win away to San Marino tonight, and this looks like a decent money-making opportunity. For those who take a particular interest in San Marino's games, this qualifying campaign is full of potential. The fact that the expansion of the tournament has given teams like Estonia and Lithuania a better chance than they've ever had to qualify should ensure they are fully motivated for these matches. Secondly, consider the fact that Estonia are the fourth seeds in the group and are available at this price; in the World Cup 2014 qualifying campaign, Poland were the fourth seeds in San Marino's group in World Cup 2014 qualifying and they were 1.04 to win in Serravalle. This time around, fifth seeds Lithuania were San Marino's first opponents - they were around 1.2 to win on the day and they did so very comfortably, the game effectively wrapped up by half-time as they were 2-0 up. On the one hand, Estonia's recent away record is poor - they lost four of their five away matches in World Cup 2014 qualifying and have lost their only one to date in this campaign. However, the fact that they're playing San Marino should ensure this match is an exception. To get a comparison, consider San Marino's recent home results against opposition of a fairly similar standard to Estonia: 12/10/2010: San Marino 0-2 Moldova (Euro 2012 qualification) 09/02/2011: San Marino 0-1 Liechtenstein (Friendly) 14/08/2012: San Marino 2-3 Malta (Friendly) 16/10/2012: San Marino 0-2 Moldova (World Cup 2014 qualification) 08/06/2014: San Marino 0-3 Albania (Friendly) 09/08/2014: San Marino 0-2 Lithuania (Euro 2016 qualification) I would consider all of these sides to be certainly no better than Estonia, and most of them slightly worse. I don't read too much into friendly results, but the games against Moldova and Lithuania arguably give a better indication of where the sides are placed. (San Marino also lost 4-0 and 3-0 away to Moldova in the respective qualifying campaigns.) Finally, if this can be used as any sort of benchmark, the champions of both countries met in the Champions League first qualifying round this season. Estonian champions Levadia defeated their Sammarinese counterparts La Fiorita 8-0 on aggregate, winning 1-0 in Serravalle (although by all accounts they were dominant and should have won more comfortably) before recording a more convincing 7-0 win in Tallinn. I wouldn't expect that sort of score and it may not be done and dusted by half-time, but Estonia should have more than enough to win tonight.

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday November 15th England vs Slovenia – 1st half result (Draw) @ 2.28 Marathonbet England is doing great so far at the qualifiers. They started with 3/3 wins against Switzerland (0-2), San Marino (5-0) and Estonia (0-1), without conceding and playing good offensively. Tonight they want to continue winning against a strong Slovenia, with Roy Hodgson counting a lot again on Rooney, Welbeck and Sterling. Past similar games showed that England has the way to win at home opponents like Slovenia. Visitors on the other side are coming from two straight wins against Switzerland (1-0) and Lithuania (2-0). They lost the opening game to Estonia (1-0), a result that brought conflicts between coach Katanec and star player Ilisic, who isn’t included anymore. Slovenia will try to defend, I believe that they can manage it for at least a half.

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday November 15th Spain v Belarus Last time these sides met, Spain won 2-1 (October 2013). Belarus are a decent side I think. Should Spain be opposed on the handicap today? Perhaps they should. Is there a greater or less than 50% chance of Spain winning by 3 or more goals here? I would say winning by fewer than a 3 goal margin looks more likely, which would make this bet some value: Belarus +2.5 2.0 Bet365 Stake: 3 points

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th

Estonia are available at around 1/6 to win away to San Marino tonight, and this looks like a decent money-making opportunity. For those who take a particular interest in San Marino's games, this qualifying campaign is full of potential. The fact that the expansion of the tournament has given teams like Estonia and Lithuania a better chance than they've ever had to qualify should ensure they are fully motivated for these matches. Secondly, consider the fact that Estonia are the fourth seeds in the group and are available at this price; in the World Cup 2014 qualifying campaign, Poland were the fourth seeds in San Marino's group in World Cup 2014 qualifying and they were 1.04 to win in Serravalle. This time around, fifth seeds Lithuania were San Marino's first opponents - they were around 1.2 to win on the day and they did so very comfortably, the game effectively wrapped up by half-time as they were 2-0 up. On the one hand, Estonia's recent away record is poor - they lost four of their five away matches in World Cup 2014 qualifying and have lost their only one to date in this campaign. However, the fact that they're playing San Marino should ensure this match is an exception. To get a comparison, consider San Marino's recent home results against opposition of a fairly similar standard to Estonia: 12/10/2010: San Marino 0-2 Moldova (Euro 2012 qualification) 09/02/2011: San Marino 0-1 Liechtenstein (Friendly) 14/08/2012: San Marino 2-3 Malta (Friendly) 16/10/2012: San Marino 0-2 Moldova (World Cup 2014 qualification) 08/06/2014: San Marino 0-3 Albania (Friendly) 09/08/2014: San Marino 0-2 Lithuania (Euro 2016 qualification) I would consider all of these sides to be certainly no better than Estonia, and most of them slightly worse. I don't read too much into friendly results, but the games against Moldova and Lithuania arguably give a better indication of where the sides are placed. (San Marino also lost 4-0 and 3-0 away to Moldova in the respective qualifying campaigns.) Finally, if this can be used as any sort of benchmark, the champions of both countries met in the Champions League first qualifying round this season. Estonian champions Levadia defeated their Sammarinese counterparts La Fiorita 8-0 on aggregate, winning 1-0 in Serravalle (although by all accounts they were dominant and should have won more comfortably) before recording a more convincing 7-0 win in Tallinn. I wouldn't expect that sort of score and it may not be done and dusted by half-time, but Estonia should have more than enough to win tonight.
Nice - but what bet are suggesting? The straight Estonia win @ around 1.18?

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Friday November 14th

Nice - but what bet are suggesting? The straight Estonia win @ around 1.18?
I think he is suggesting the straight win, look at the first paragraph. Estonia to win to nil is now available @ 1.5 with Coral if you can get on in the next 5 minutes. Very good value.

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday November 15th Hope no-one followed my tip and got burned as badly as I have. Having watched the full game, I can safely say Estonia are the worst side I've seen playing San Marino, and I've watched many of their games over the years. It wasn't even a case of constant backs-to-the-wall for San Marino; they more than held their own and Estonia's lack of urgency was unbelievable. You would think, having already won against Slovenia in this qualifying campaign, they would have enough to do so against a side that had lost 66 consecutive qualifying matches going into this one. Fair play to San Marino - I have respect for their players and they deserved their point - but it's hard to know where to go from here.

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday November 15th

Spain v Belarus Last time these sides met, Spain won 2-1 (October 2013). Belarus are a decent side I think. Should Spain be opposed on the handicap today? Perhaps they should. Is there a greater or less than 50% chance of Spain winning by 3 or more goals here? I would say winning by fewer than a 3 goal margin looks more likely, which would make this bet some value: Belarus +2.5 2.0 Bet365 Stake: 3 points
Result: Spain 3 Belarus 0 Bet lost Stake: 3 points Return: nil Profit/loss = -3 points

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday November 15th

Hope no-one followed my tip and got burned as badly as I have. Having watched the full game' date=' I can safely say Estonia are the worst side I've seen playing San Marino, and I've watched many of their games over the years. It wasn't even a case of constant backs-to-the-wall for San Marino; they more than held their own and Estonia's lack of urgency was unbelievable. You would think, having already won against Slovenia in this qualifying campaign, they would have enough to do so against a side that had lost 66 consecutive qualifying matches going into this one. Fair play to San Marino - I have respect for their players and they deserved their point - but it's hard to know where to go from here.[/quote'] I got badly burned as well (not because of your tip), I already had them on the straight win plus win to nil. I still think both bets were very good value. I didn't see the game so thanks for the comments. Often in games of San Marino and Andorra vs teams like Estonia, nothing much seems to happen (very boring games) and San Marino are not backs-to-the-wall but still the other team sneaks a goal or two through defensive errors. Estonia were quite good recently when they got to the playoffs and played Ireland, they seem to have gone backwards from then but I still think that today was a freak performance and result that you inevitably get now and then. Well played to San Marino though- just wish I had taken either team not to score instead of the Estonia win to nil, as 0-0 is always a possibility.