** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Japanese Grand Prix

Qualifying In the practise sessions today Mercedes were once again the quickest outfit by some way, in P1 it was Rosberg who led the way pipping Hamilton by a tenth. In the afternoon roles were reversed and the pair were a second in front of the others and a battle for pole position looks just between the two Silver Arrow cars once again. Hamilton is 4/6 with Ladbrokes to grab pole and Rosberg is a 7/4 shot. Williams driver Valtteri Bottas showed up well in both sessions and could be a factor along with Fernando Alonso and the Red Bull pair of Daniel Ricciardo and Sebastian Vettel. The betting for pole is very predictable and almost nothing changes from week to week. Hamilton is odds on and Rosberg the clear second favourite. All high street bookies only pay out on the first two for each way purposes so you have to look to the exchanges for a bet to finish in the top three. Valtteri Bottas has been going well so he could be the one to be one in this market and the 14/5 looks reasonable enough with Betfair. As we know Ladbrokes bet on drivers to reach Q3 and this week we have eleven cars at odds-on so they are not giving anything away either. Daniil Kyvat at Evens is a tentative selection for the Toro Rosso who are going ok at Suzuka and he has finished inside the top ten in both practice sessions. Selections: Pole: Hamilton 4/6 Coral Q3: Kyvat Evens Ladbrokes Top 3: Bottas 14/5 >Betfair

Re: Japanese Grand Prix Japanese GP So to this weeks bets; with both Vettel and Alonso announcing they are leaving their respective teams at the end of the season I’m not sure I will be risking any cash on them for rest of the year and would much sooner invest in Daniel Ricciardo who is driving out of his skin at present. He’s 7/4 to get on the podium and 3/1 to finish ahead of the pack without taking Mercedes into account. I always think the podium bet is the safest option and especially so this week with the weather forecast. If something happens to either Merc then we have a dam good bet on our hands if we back without them then nothing changes. Going back to what I was saying about Jenson Button, I reckon he’s a fair price to squeeze into the top six spots this week and will be my other bet. Selections: D.Ricciardo Podium 7/4 >Paddy Power J.Button Top Six 7/4 >bet365 http://www.punterslounge.com/formula-one-betting-ricciardo-the-safest-option-for-a-podium-spot-in-suzuka